The Last Of Us will make you cry. GOTY, TLHBO.

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8775 posts) -
[QUOTE="walkingdream"]

Looks amazing :D 

But like UC2 and 3 i'm guessing ill only play it once. Unfortunatly ND games don't have much replayibilty IMO 

TheGuardian03
lets not judge the game before it release alright.

But you're saying it's going to be amazing without getting your hands on it. o.O
#102 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21791 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="walkingdream"]

But like UC2 and 3 i'm guessing ill only play it once. Unfortunatly ND games don't have much replayibilty IMO 

Xaero_Gravity

But you're saying it's going to be amazing without getting your hands on it. o.O

well he is saying ND games don't have replay value and he hasn't even played it. while i have seen gameplay footage and trailers and it got me excited so i think it will be amazing.
#103 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Hype will be this game's downfall. Sad really.

Yet games like Omerta: City of Gangsters, gets no hype.

#104 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28422 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="walkingdream"]

Xaero_Gravity

but thats okay judging a game to be great for no reason at all has always been allowed judging a game to be of low quality based on valid reasoning is always wrong....
#105 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Everything he just talked about, is in Hitman Absolution.

#106 Posted by soapandbubbles (3106 posts) -
Dont fall for the hype..won't be as good as it reads.
#107 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

There's is a lot of hype for this. What happens if it flops?

HalcyonScarlet

The main reason I'm interested in it is because it partially takes place in Pittsburgh; There is only two games not counting sports games that I can think of that take place in Pittsburgh: The Last of Us and Fall Out 3: The Pitt.

That setting would make an awesome setting for a Racing game because the streets are so confusing for anybody not from Pittsburgh.

#108 Posted by Chozofication (2929 posts) -

ND and Quantic Dream are incompetent wannabe "B" movie directors.  And their movies look like sh!t.

#109 Posted by McStrongfast (4271 posts) -

lol popcorm monsterthemagicbum9720

last_of_us_statue.jpg

tlou3.jpg

the_last_of_us_infected_2.jpg

That's how you make a disgusting, gross ass statue.

#110 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8775 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] lets not judge the game before it release alright.

well he is saying ND games don't have replay value and he hasn't even played it. while i have seen gameplay footage and trailers and it got me excited so i think it will be amazing.

Well I personally agree with him. I tend to beat Naughty Dog games once and never touch them again. I just don't understand why someone is allowed to praise something without physically playing it yet they're not allowed to say something negative. Seems rather hypocritical to me.
#111 Posted by Timstuff (26837 posts) -
One little thing they could do that would really humanize the in-game enemies is if they actually referred to each other by name. That would take a ton of additional voicework, but I think the end result would be worth it.
#112 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

ND and Quantic Dream are incompetent wannabe "B" movie directors.  And their movies look like sh!t.

Chozofication

QFT since PS3 has no games.

#113 Posted by DeadMan1290 (15502 posts) -

This game, Tomb Raider and GTAV are the only games I'm looking forward to this year.

#114 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21791 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]But you're saying it's going to be amazing without getting your hands on it. o.OXaero_Gravity

Well I personally agree with him. I tend to beat Naughty Dog games once and never touch them again. I just don't understand why someone is allowed to praise something without physically playing it yet they're not allowed to say something negative. Seems rather hypocritical to me.

let me repeat what he said so you could get my point.

"i'm guessing ill only play it once. Unfortunatly ND games don't have much replayibilty IMO"

its like he's saying its like uncharted 2/3 it won't have any replayability to him, and even though he hasn't even played TLOU. so he is judging the game based on his previous experience with ND games.

also quoting your post.

"but you're saying its going to be amazing without getting your hands on it"

there are trailers and gameplay to back up my statement as to why i think its going to be amazing while there is no proof that it will have no replayability, like some claim.  

#115 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8775 posts) -

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] well he is saying ND games don't have replay value and he hasn't even played it. while i have seen gameplay footage and trailers and it got me excited so i think it will be amazing.TheGuardian03

"i'm guessing ill only play it once. Unfortunatly ND games don't have much replayibilty IMO"

its like he's saying its like uncharted 2/3 it won't have any replayability to him, and even though he hasn't even played TLOU. so he is judging the game based on his previous experience with ND games.

also quoting your post.

there are trailers and gameplay to back up my statement as to why i think its going to be amazing while there is no proof that it will have no replayability, like some claim.  

Yet you specifically stated he shouldn't be judging a game without playing it, which is exactly what you're doing. As you pointed out, in his opinion no ND game has provided replay value, who's to say The Last of Us will be any different? This game, much like the past 3 Uncharted games, seems to have a heavy focus on narrative and cinematic presentation. Neither if which are bad in my opinion. He's simply judging it with the same evidence as you, only difference is his judgement is slightly negative.
#116 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

All this stupid hype about crying Basically like 3/4s of the way through the game the main guy starts to get infected... little girl gets upset, you get upset, THEY ALREADY GAVE AWAY A SET PIECE IN THEIR TRAILERS.. big whoop.MBirdy88

Hey a$$hole we know you don't like Sony, but DON'T post potential spoilers even if it is just  your speculation. I haven't watched anything and expect to be spoiled in hype thread more than 3 months before release. Reported.

#117 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Ilovegames1992

Game will sell a minimum of 5 million copies...

#118 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

StrongBlackVine

Sales ain't guaranteed, yo.
#119 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

i can't feel for this game because I'm too pumped for GTA V

faizan_faizan

Wouldn't care if GTAV will was never released. It will run and look like crap on every platform but PC unless they release for next gen consoles as well.

#120 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

DarkLink77

With Naughty Dog this generation it is. I think this game will sell better than the last two Uncharted...

#121 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

With Naughty Dog this generation it is. I think this game will sell better than the last two Uncharted...

No franchise or developer had guaranteed sales. Except maybe Call of Duty.
#122 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

StrongBlackVine

It will probably sell amazingly well, true.

#123 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Sales ain't guaranteed, yo.DarkLink77

Fifa and Madden?

#124 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

Ilovegames1992

Fifa and Madden?

Those, too, I guess. Point being, most don't.
#125 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Sales ain't guaranteed, yo.DarkLink77

Well let's just say a major reason for the hype is the team behind the game. Agree with that?

#126 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] No franchise or developer had guaranteed sales. Except maybe Call of Duty.DarkLink77

Fifa and Madden?

Those, too, I guess. Point being, most don't.

Last Of Us is likely a one-off so it is hard to compare it to a series.

#127 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

StrongBlackVine

Well let's just say a major reason for the hype is the team behind the game. Agree with that?

Fair enough. But that doesn't mean it'll sell five million copies. Most games can't do that.
#128 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21791 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Well I personally agree with him. I tend to beat Naughty Dog games once and never touch them again. I just don't understand why someone is allowed to praise something without physically playing it yet they're not allowed to say something negative. Seems rather hypocritical to me.Xaero_Gravity

also quoting your post.

Yet you specifically stated he shouldn't be judging a game without playing it, which is exactly what you're doing. As you pointed out, in his opinion no ND game has provided replay value, who's to say The Last of Us will be any different? This game, much like the past 3 Uncharted games, seems to have a heavy focus on narrative and cinematic presentation. Neither if which are bad in my opinion. He's simply judging it with the same evidence as you, only difference is his judgement is slightly negative.

and still didn't present any proof as to why he thinks it won't have any replayability. but my post is based on what i have seen from the game. there is difference between seeing something and judging it and not seeing nothing at all and judging it. he has no evidence that its not going to have any replayablility while i have evidence as to why i think its going to be amazing. and who's to say the last of us will be anything like uncharted in replayability? they are trying something different with it, let's wait to see how the game will be instead of making a statement like that. one last time, my opinion is based on what i saw from the trailers/gameplay, and his is from his experience with past UC games, No proof what so ever, i say someone should think before they post, cause when they assume they make an ass out of themselves by making a statement like that with no proof.
#129 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Surely the lack of information regarding replayability is as much evidence for the case as the fact that a screenshot means there is awesome gameplay.

Can't make any claims until you've played the final product.

#130 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21791 posts) -

Surely the lack of information regarding replayability is as much evidence for the case as the fact that a screenshot means there is awesome gameplay.

Ilovegames1992
there are gameplay videos, go watch them.
#131 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Ilovegames1992

Umm...there is a 1 hour video of gameplay demo out.

#132 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Demo's aren't the finished article. We all know this. I've played demos i've loved and not loved the actual game.

But regardless, would you not concede that the total lack of any kind of information regarding the games replayability is good enough basis to assume there isn't going to be much?

#133 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21791 posts) -

Demo's aren't the finished article. We all know this. I've played demos i've loved and not loved the actual game.

But regardless, would you not concede that the total lack of any kind of information regarding the games replayability is good enough basis to assume there isn't going to be much?

Ilovegames1992

that is a matter of opinion, my opinion is that's its going to be awesome is based on the gameplay/trailers, so my reason is presented.

not every developer has to come out and say our game has lots of replayability or how long the game is, the player has to play it and see it himself, you can even have your own reasons as to why you want to replay it like trophy or higher difficulty.

and the game also lets you choose to play stealth or all out attack like  for example games like Dishonored.

maybe you want to avoide enemies and not scavange for items but that will make the game harder for you in TLOU, but if you choose to face them you might die or lose health and not be able to live in the next fight since the game doesn't have regenerating health, so you can choose to play as a stealth playtrhough maybe or go all out, the game will have replayability.  i did the same with dishonored, first time went with stealth and second i went all out.

#134 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

TheGuardian03

that is a matter of opinion, my opinion is that's its going to be awesome is based on the gameplay/trailers, so my reason is presented.

not every developer has to come out and say our game has lots of replayability or how long the game is, the player has to play it and see it himself, you can even have your own reasons as to why you want to replay it like trophy or higher difficulty.

Right. Just saying.

Personally, i think it looks pretty good it just will never live up to the hype.

#135 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Right. Just saying.

Personally, i think it looks pretty good it just will never live up to the hype.

So you are it won't win GOTY or even finish in the top 3? By hype assume you mean critical reception because admitted that you think it will sell very well.

#136 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21791 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Right. Just saying.

i'm glad we understand each other then. i think i want to play it before i say it lives up to the hype i am hoping it does, it looks really awesome.
#137 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

StrongBlackVine

Right. Just saying.

So you are it won't win GOTY or even finish in the top 3? By hype assume you mean critical reception because admitted that you think it will sell very well.

Yes, critical reception by the majority of the fanbase of course.

It may get amazing reviews, i wouldn't make that claim yet obviously.

But i'm the wrong person to argue with, i'd buy a PS3 right now if i had the cash. I don't really belong on SW. :)

I don't think it will win GOTY no.

#138 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Right. Just saying.

Ilovegames1992

Yes, critical reception by the majority of the fanbase of course.

It may get amazing reviews, i wouldn't make that claim yet obviously.

But i'm the wrong person to argue with, i'd buy a PS3 right now if i had the cash. I don't really belong on SW. :)

I don't think it will win GOTY no.

I am not talking about Last Of Us because it is a PS3 exclusive. Ni No Kuni is a PS3 exclusive and think it looks and probably plays horrible.

#139 Posted by happyduds77 (1486 posts) -

I can't wait for this game. MY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF ALL TIME.

#140 Posted by LustForSoul (5887 posts) -
Come on people, tearing up over this?
#141 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21791 posts) -
Come on people, tearing up over this?LustForSoul
its just a joke i made in the title.
#142 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

I can't wait for this game. MY MOST ANTICIPATED GAME OF ALL TIME.

happyduds77

LOL it is not even my most anticpated game the first half of 2013. I think it will be great though.

#143 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Any one have any idea how long this game will be? I hope more than standard 12-13 I get out Uncharted. I expect the multiplayer to be great and have a strong community that lasts just like Uncharted so it is a pre-order Day One either way.