The Last Of Us will make you cry. GOTY, TLHBO.

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Another, perhaps more nuanced result of Druckmann's dramatic process, the enemies in The Last of Us are disconcertingly human. Eavesdrop on a trio of hunters before the start of a big fight and the overheard dialogue is steps above the typical guard patter.

The hunters converse, they chat; they talk about what they've had to endure to get this far. And once they're engaged, they call out to one another and work in a team. Ambush one, and he'll scream "he's in here", grab another as a human shield, and the rest will yell at you to drop him, with genuine panic creeping into their voices. The guys you kill in The Last of Us are groups of friends. As Druckmann points out, you're no better than they are:

^^ Pretty much like Batman Arkham City then.
#52 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

Over hyping this game for what feels like years now - sheesh, will cows ever learn. :?

Anyhoo, nope, we'll be too busy with Gears J and superior multi's like BI & GTA5. :P

#53 Posted by Heil68 (45161 posts) -
Awww yeah...pre-ordering this weekend. Thank you Naughty Gods and of course, thank you Sony.
#54 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

Sony invented crying, bro.percech

You and your serious case of butthurt !:D

#55 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Awww yeah...pre-ordering this weekend. Thank you Naughty Gods and of course, thank you Sony. Heil68

Only this weekend? :? For a guy who wants sony's c0ck you sure took your time

#56 Posted by BattleSpectre (6229 posts) -

Hardcore PC gamer here, but i'm going to pre-order this game for a day 1 pickup.. something i haven't done in a long time for my consoles. I'm so pumped up for this game, it looks amazing and words can't describe how excited i am to play this game.

I love anything Naughty Dog and their partners touch.

#57 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21781 posts) -

Over hyping this game for what feels like years now - sheesh, will cows ever learn. :?

Anyhoo, nope, we'll be too busy with Gears J and superior multi's like BI & GTA5. :P

SecretPolice
like how lems over hyped Halo 4 hours and that ended in the 80's on MC? will lems ever learn? anyhoo i'll be busy with all the exclusives and multiplats that have so little difference to care about.
#58 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

TheGuardian03

like how lems over hyped Halo 4 hours and that ended in the 80's on MC? will lems ever learn? anyhoo i'll be busy with all the exclusives and multiplats that have so little difference to care about.

SW hyped H4 AAAE and it met the hype but cows on the other hand haven't had the ba.. guts to hype a PS3 exclusive AAAE since I dunno, UC3? :shock:

Will be too funny if cows hype this one AAE as well. :P

#59 Posted by Heil68 (45161 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Awww yeah...pre-ordering this weekend. Thank you Naughty Gods and of course, thank you Sony. seanmcloughlin

I had to plan the event, rent the limo and tux. Those things just dont fall out of trees you know.
#60 Posted by MBirdy88 (8329 posts) -
Whoa epic hype is epic :roll:
#61 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Awww yeah...pre-ordering this weekend. Thank you Naughty Gods and of course, thank you Sony. Heil68

I had to plan the event, rent the limo and tux. Those things just dont fall out of trees you know.

Pics or it didn't happen

#62 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21781 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

SW hyped H4 AAAE and it met the hype but cows on the other hand haven't had the ba.. guts to hype a PS3 exclusive AAAE since I dunno, UC3? :shock:

does that really matter? wether it was hyped AA or AAA or AAAAAAAAAAAAAA? who got the balls or not? also i wouldn't blame the coes after GT5 LOL. btw TLOU hype is AAA check the hype thread policeman.
#63 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

TheGuardian03

This game is getting way overhyped and it will only get worse. Cows always do it. 

Hopefully the game is as good as they think

#64 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21781 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

seanmcloughlin

This game is getting way overhyped and it will only get worse. Cows always do it. 

it deserves to be over hyped.
#65 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] like how lems over hyped Halo 4 hours and that ended in the 80's on MC? will lems ever learn? anyhoo i'll be busy with all the exclusives and multiplats that have so little difference to care about.TheGuardian03

does that really matter? wether it was hyped AA or AAA or AAAAAAAAAAAAAA? who got the balls or not? also i wouldn't blame the coes after GT5 LOL. btw TLOU hype is AAA check the hype thread policeman.

It matters - and its's great cows are hyping AAAE and hope it meets the hype and is a great game but if this game flops, cows may be saying to themselves, it truly is...

The Last Of Us. :twisted:

#66 Posted by coasterguy65 (6019 posts) -

There's is a lot of hype for this. What happens if it flops?

HalcyonScarlet

The Cows will just say no one hyped the game, like they do when other exclusives bomb. It's not going to happen though. More than likely Kevin V will review it, and we know he's not going to flop a PS3 exclusive.

#67 Posted by MBirdy88 (8329 posts) -
Play it once, maybe shed a tear, think "omg those graphics were awesome, shooting was ok" ... shelf it for life or trade it in. Story of this game, and most console gamers.
#68 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21781 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]SW hyped H4 AAAE and it met the hype but cows on the other hand haven't had the ba.. guts to hype a PS3 exclusive AAAE since I dunno, UC3? :shock:

SecretPolice

It matters - and its's great cows are hyping AAAE and hope it meets the hype and is a great game but if this game flops, cows may be saying to themselves, it truly is...

It matters to lems like yourself buddy, in the end what matters is the score wether the game is over or under hyped. i'll be seeing you in the battlefield when the review is out. and i'll be seeing you when Gears gets AA. Feels good not to limit myself to one consle like some people and just enjoy games and laugh at the fanboys. :cool:
#69 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] like how lems over hyped Halo 4 hours and that ended in the 80's on MC? will lems ever learn? anyhoo i'll be busy with all the exclusives and multiplats that have so little difference to care about.TheGuardian03

That's a dumb thing to say, no game deserves to be over hyped. Overhyping something more often than not leads to disappointment in some areas.

Bisoshock Infinite thankfully isn't falling into this trap and will blow everyone away when it releases

#70 Posted by nervmeister (15270 posts) -
As sweet as this game looks, I still say it has a chance of falling just short of the AAAE hype. There could be one or two notable flaws that aren't obvious from the previews but may become issues once we're playing it. That and it's GS, dude: the site with reviewers who are legendary for nitpicking.
#71 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] does that really matter? wether it was hyped AA or AAA or AAAAAAAAAAAAAA? who got the balls or not? also i wouldn't blame the coes after GT5 LOL. btw TLOU hype is AAA check the hype thread policeman.TheGuardian03

It matters to lems like yourself buddy, in the end what matters is the score wether the game is over or under hyped. i'll be seeing you in the battlefield when the review is out. and i'll be seeing you when Gears gets AA. Feels good not to limit myself to one consle like some people and just enjoy games and laugh at the fanboys. :cool:

Don't be ignorant, ( opps, perhaps I'm too late :P ) it's SW and we play that game here, so when it comes to someone saying less than flattering things about your little piece of plastic, don't make it personal, and don't get your panties is such a knot.

#72 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21781 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

That's a dumb thing to say, no game deserves to be over hyped. Overhyping something more often than not leads to disappointment in some areas.

Bisoshock Infinite thankfully isn't falling into this trap and will blow everyone away when it releases

that's true, but some people can't control themselves so games get overhyped and all, when i overhyped games and get disappointed because i expect so much i just leave the game and get back to it later, like UC3 for example. it was still a disappointment and rushed but i really liked it and enjoyed playing it. bioshock Infinite was disappointing people with its delays so they started to care less and pretty much expected it to be a disappointment when it releases, but the new trailers and news got me hyped so i'm back on the hype trains.
#73 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21781 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]It matters - and its's great cows are hyping AAAE and hope it meets the hype and is a great game but if this game flops, cows may be saying to themselves, it truly is...

SecretPolice

Don't be ignorant, ( opps, perhaps I'm too late :P ) it's SW and we play that game here, so when it comes to someone saying less than flattering things about your little piece of plastic, don't make it personal, and don't get your panties is such a knot.

The ignorant here is you buddy, you are limiting yourself to one consle and ignoring what the other consles offer. wonder why you make anti nintendo and sony threads/comments ? oh that's right you are a lem that worships a piece of plastic, seriously look whose talking.
#74 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9052 posts) -

I don't know what to think of this game. Some things sound really awesome in it, but other things just remind me of the painful experience I had with Uncharted 2... My biggest worries stem from Greg Miller's description of his first gameplay hands on (riddled with cutscenes and QTEs) and Naughty Dog realeasing almost nothing but story cutscenes so far (in terms of footage). It scares me that that might be their focus again because that's what ruined Uncharted 2 for me.

#75 Posted by SecretPolice (22242 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"] It matters to lems like yourself buddy, in the end what matters is the score wether the game is over or under hyped. i'll be seeing you in the battlefield when the review is out. and i'll be seeing you when Gears gets AA. Feels good not to limit myself to one consle like some people and just enjoy games and laugh at the fanboys. :cool:TheGuardian03

The ignorant here is you buddy, you are limiting yourself to one consle and ignoring what the other consles offer. wonder why you make anti nintendo and sony threads/comments ? oh that's right you are a lem that worships a piece of plastic, seriously look whose talking.

Eh, wasting mah time with you mister clueless since unlike you I'm certain, I've owned and played just about every name brand gaming system that ever existed pus a PC gamer as well and if you knew so much about me and my posting, you'd know that I'd have them all this gen if I had more time for gaming.

So as it happens, got a 360 April 2006, a Wii some time later but since sold it, 360 served me well for just about all my gaming needs.

Anyway, carry on with your hostilities with someone else, I'm done with ya.

#76 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21781 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Don't be ignorant, ( opps, perhaps I'm too late :P ) it's SW and we play that game here, so when it comes to someone saying less than flattering things about your little piece of plastic, don't make it personal, and don't get your panties is such a knot.

SecretPolice

Eh, wasting mah time with you mister clueless since unlike you I'm certain, I've owned and played just about every name brand gaming system that ever existed pus a PC gamer as well and if you knew so much about me and my posting, you'd know that I'd have them all this gen if I had more time for gaming.

So as it happens, got a 360 April 2006, a Wii some time later but since sold it, 360 served me well for just about all my gaming needs.

Anyway, carry on with your hostilities with someone else, I'm done with ya.

no need to explain yourself buddy, your anti sony and nintendo comments and threads are enough for me to see how blind you are.

360 did indded serve you well, it got you Halo/gears/forza every year. also don't take it seriously this happens everyday in SW, we are all friends here and i hold no grudge against you or anyone, relax.

#77 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7295 posts) -

We shall see, I just wanna play it.

#78 Posted by TilxWLOC (1033 posts) -

I don't know what to think of this game. Some things sound really awesome in it, but other things just remind me of the painful experience I had with Uncharted 2... My biggest worries stem from Greg Miller's description of his first gameplay hands on (riddled with cutscenes and QTEs) and Naughty Dog realeasing almost nothing but story cutscenes so far (in terms of footage). It scares me that that might be their focus again because that's what ruined Uncharted 2 for me.

Pikminmaniac

Agreed, I'm also worried about how well the survival part of this game will pan out. I like the sound of the A.I. though, but it sounds ambitious could go wrong. I hope it doesn't.

#79 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -
After watching Youtube trailers of TLOU, I've dicovered that my eyeball cancer has been cured. Not only that but I can shoot lasers out of my eyes now. Thanks Sony!
#80 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

Day one ;).

#81 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

At least Druckmann isn't being an arrogant, pretentious f*ck while talking about the story this time.

I doubt it'll make me cry, beause I'm going to go ahead and guess that Joel kicks the bucket, leaving Ellie alone at the end. I guess we'll see.

Sagem28

yep, they'll pull a Walking Dead in the end, for sure.

Or maybe a reverse Walking Dead [spoiler] Joel kills an infected Ellie. [/spoiler] now that would be heartbreaking.
#82 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

At least Druckmann isn't being an arrogant, pretentious f*ck while talking about the story this time.

I doubt it'll make me cry, beause I'm going to go ahead and guess that Joel kicks the bucket, leaving Ellie alone at the end. I guess we'll see.

TheDidact

Or maybe a reverse Walking Dead [spoiler] Joel kills an infected Ellie. [/spoiler] now that would be heartbreaking.

Or what if...

[spoiler] An infected Joel and an infected Ellie kill eachother [/spoiler]

#83 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6505 posts) -
lol popcorm monster
#84 Posted by Big_Pecks (5350 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheDidact"][QUOTE="Sagem28"]

tryagainlater

Or what if...

[spoiler] An infected Joel and an infected Ellie kill eachother [/spoiler]

That could be... tragically funny. 

#85 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -

This looks amazing....

#86 Posted by Jankarcop (9618 posts) -

can't wait for this movie.

#87 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

can't wait for this movie.

Jankarcop

Yeh, it'll be the first time a game wins both GOTY awards and Oscars!

Lems be squirtin' with jelly.

#88 Posted by speedfog (3224 posts) -

People forget that GTA V is comming out this year. THAT is the GOTY.

#89 Posted by gpuking (2888 posts) -
[QUOTE="percech"]It's gonna make all the cows cry once it gets 7.5'd.WiiMan21
It's an 8.5 MINIMUM. You forgot you're talking about a strong first party developer, Naughty Dog hasn't been known to exactly disappoint, and this is the A team, the one that designed Uncharted 2, not 3.

Are you actually taking this guy seriously? He's known for his furious hatred towards anything Playstation.
#90 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Well, movies marketed as games have a tendency of making me cry, so could be some truth there! ;)

#91 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
A ten hour game with all its emphasis on presentation and very little gameplay. I have no idea what people see in games like this.
#92 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

People forget that GTA V is comming out this year. THAT is the GOTY.

speedfog
Yep, Not a single GTA flopped or failed, Every gamer should know, When a GTA is releasing every other game is going to hell.
#93 Posted by walkingdream (4883 posts) -

Looks amazing :D 

But like UC2 and 3 i'm guessing ill only play it once. Unfortunatly ND games don't have much replayibilty IMO 

#94 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42974 posts) -
So lame.
#96 Posted by bleehum (5320 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]A ten hour game with all its emphasis on presentation and very little gameplay. I have no idea what people see in games like this.

Wat? Very little gameplay? Please take a picture with your copy of the game, thanks.
#97 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
[QUOTE="bleehum"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]A ten hour game with all its emphasis on presentation and very little gameplay. I have no idea what people see in games like this.

Wat? Very little gameplay? Please take a picture with your copy of the game, thanks.

Cut scene, scripted event, thirty seconds of waking around slowly, scripted event, cut scene, some shooting, repeat.
#98 Posted by bleehum (5320 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="bleehum"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]A ten hour game with all its emphasis on presentation and very little gameplay. I have no idea what people see in games like this.

Cut scene, scripted event, thirty seconds of waking around slowly, scripted event, cut scene, some shooting, repeat.

Man, what else can you tell me about the future?
#99 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21781 posts) -

Looks amazing :D 

But like UC2 and 3 i'm guessing ill only play it once. Unfortunatly ND games don't have much replayibilty IMO 

walkingdream
lets not judge the game before it release alright.
#100 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="bleehum"] Wat? Very little gameplay? Please take a picture with your copy of the game, thanks.bleehum

Man, what else can you tell me about the future?

That's how all the Uncharted games are and this looks just like it. Just can't understand gamers who prefer presentation to actual core gameplay.