The Last of Us was the biggest letdown of 2013

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by cooolio (496 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: If you really pay attention, the ai was just as dumb in the E3 demo. I guy took Joel hostage and while joel's chest was fully exposed, the enemy ai said to hold him still. Joel's back was covering the guy's chest, so it was not like he would have risked hitting him there. The shooter also shoots right after joel does a reversal and takes his attack hostage instead. The very same shooter sticks his head up when he sees Joel pointing a gun.

The thing that made the demo seem so amazing was the fact that it was the first gameplay of the game, the presentation, sound, and E3. All of those things made it look better. The Ai did not even look like anything difficult in the demo. The things that were really missing in the real game were fleeing enemies, struggles over guns, and animations that showed joel collecting ammo by emptying the clip of a gun that is the same as one that he already owns. Enemies in the real game still flank ( enemies in the demo did not really do that), beg, communicate, double team, etc. The problem is that they do not do it as much as they should.

I will admit that Naughty Dog was wrong for saying that they were giving us next gen ai, but that demo did not show off any amazing ai. It was just flashy and action packed, and people ate it up real quick.

#52 Edited by dantesergei (1820 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Seems like TLOU is going to be doing to non-ps3 owners what MGS4 has done for years....cause massive amounts of butthurt from the universal praise.

JAJAJAJA make me laugh hard this.

#53 Posted by murray69murray (126 posts) -

nice blog

#54 Posted by tymeservesfate (1955 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@tymeservesfate: If you really pay attention, the ai was just as dumb in the E3 demo. I guy took Joel hostage and while joel's chest was fully exposed, the enemy ai said to hold him still. Joel's back was covering the guy's chest, so it was not like he would have risked hitting him there. The shooter also shoots right after joel does a reversal and takes his attack hostage instead. The very same shooter sticks his head up when he sees Joel pointing a gun.

The thing that made the demo seem so amazing was the fact that it was the first gameplay of the game, the presentation, sound, and E3. All of those things made it look better. The Ai did not even look like anything difficult in the demo. The things that were really missing in the real game were fleeing enemies, struggles over guns, and animations that showed joel collecting ammo by emptying the clip of a gun that is the same as one that he already owns. Enemies in the real game still flank ( enemies in the demo did not really do that), beg, communicate, double team, etc. The problem is that they do not do it as much as they should.

I will admit that Naughty Dog was wrong for saying that they were giving us next gen ai, but that demo did not show off any amazing ai. It was just flashy and action packed, and people ate it up real quick.

refreshing to see at least some users on here discuss the issue and not turn every debate into fanboy drivel being spewed back n forth with no real substance behind it. does it have to be fanboy wars constantly on here....can sometimes a thread actually discuss the issue instead of one side or the other playing hardcore defense for X amount of pages lol.

anyway, good post. when i watched the guys video all the way through he did present some really valid points and even mentioned several quotes from a naughty dog dev that were surprising. it doesnt make the game bad...but they obviously took a lot out of the AI that they promoting. the only reason it should be an issue at all is because they went out of their way to acknowledge the AI and promote it...then scrapped a lot of it for release. "hey buy this, it does that." then you take it home n it barely does any of that and in some cases its almost broken. if that happened on a street corner you would say you got hustled...sold snake oil, lol.

#55 Posted by Krelian-co (11168 posts) -

@dantesergei said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Seems like TLOU is going to be doing to non-ps3 owners what MGS4 has done for years....cause massive amounts of butthurt from the universal praise.

JAJAJAJA make me laugh hard this.

are you br?