The Last Of Us VGA 2012 Fapping Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Namgis (3577 posts) -

Still pumped. I even broke my self imposed media blackout to view this trailer. I'm still curious to know just how much ammo is available in the game. Can I get through the game without reloading my chosen weapon multiple times? Or will I find ammo in every other building/body I search?

#353 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

so hyped for this game! It just keeps on looking better and better.. ONLY ON PS3

#354 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

I don't mind it when games are like movies, as long as they are good ones.

This looks really good.

#355 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -
[QUOTE="happyduds77"]Ugh, the gaming community. Just because of this game is not on your preferred platform, doesn't mean it sucks. Even how good the trailer, the animations, the graphics, overall the entire game is, people try to make this game look bad, but fortunately they fail, because none of the things they say are true/fact. And, for those of you that says the cut-scenes are CGI, you are wrong. Naughty Dog said this multiple times, the cut-scenes are all done in-engine, which means the game-play looks just the same[the trailer we just watched proves it], but the only difference is, it is not done in real-time[like you can't move the camera angle]. Anyway, i am super-uberly excited about this game. I have never been this excited for a game. Actually, i haven't seen a game just as good as The Last Of Us, technical wise. This game just might be one of the best game ever created. This game is my most anticipated ever, i am even more anticipating The Last Of Us than Grand Theft Auto V. I can talk about The Last Of Us on-and-on, but The Last Of Us fans, don't even bother about the try-hards, fanboys and trolls. The Last Of Us is amazing deal with it.

#356 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2689 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

Im surprise at how many people sometimes take my posts seriously.

Im eager to play TLOU and Im a supporter of Naughty Dog, but thats just it. I do it just to see the way of people react to the opinions of others.

You should go the official website of Naughty Dog.

#classicstuff.

tryagainlater

I don't think he's singling out you specifically, toni. Just the reaction of this forum in general.

Yea, pretty much. It's much worse over at Neogaf though :P

What is wrong about ppl looking forward to a very promising game?

#357 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
[QUOTE="happyduds77"][QUOTE="happyduds77"]Ugh, the gaming community. Just because of this game is not on your preferred platform, doesn't mean it sucks. Even how good the trailer, the animations, the graphics, overall the entire game is, people try to make this game look bad, but fortunately they fail, because none of the things they say are true/fact. And, for those of you that says the cut-scenes are CGI, you are wrong. Naughty Dog said this multiple times, the cut-scenes are all done in-engine, which means the game-play looks just the same[the trailer we just watched proves it], but the only difference is, it is not done in real-time[like you can't move the camera angle]. Anyway, i am super-uberly excited about this game. I have never been this excited for a game. Actually, i haven't seen a game just as good as The Last Of Us, technical wise. This game just might be one of the best game ever created. This game is my most anticipated ever, i am even more anticipating The Last Of Us than Grand Theft Auto V. I can talk about The Last Of Us on-and-on, but The Last Of Us fans, don't even bother about the try-hards, fanboys and trolls. The Last Of Us is amazing deal with it.

that "deal with it" really sealed the deal I think
#358 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

i'll admit, this game is amazing, seriously it's hard to hate a game made by naughty dog

#359 Posted by Another-World (791 posts) -
Zombie seem to have become the new nazis
#360 Posted by PAL360 (26928 posts) -

Looks amazing, i love how ND handles animations!!!

Seems to be a very linear game, going by the gameplay vids, though.

#361 Posted by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

Zombie seem to have become the new nazisAnother-World

They are not Zom...

oh forget it

#362 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Well, Naughty Dog puts a huge amount of emphasis on mo-cap, and other studios don't. That's really all it is.seanmcloughlin

.....Ok?

:shock:

A pre-rendered custcene proves?

Dude, how many times. That footage is in-game.
#363 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -
[QUOTE="sanim02"]

Same month as GTA5? Is Sony high? Alan Wake 2.0? PS4 foreshadowing?

CanYouDiglt
Damn I did not notice and before I was saying this was day 1 buy. The game looks great but not that great. I guess I will have to wait on The Last of Us since GTA will be better and longer.

Please, explain to me what part of the game you don't like? Because, This game is extremely amazing.
#364 Posted by KungfuKitten (21130 posts) -

Lol @ companies trying to stop the internet.

#365 Posted by Another-World (791 posts) -

[QUOTE="Another-World"]Zombie seem to have become the new nazisZaibach

They are not Zom...

oh forget it

A rose by any other name...

#366 Posted by nervmeister (15267 posts) -

one more gif

l

TheGuardian03
That's Joel's answer to all those who accuse the game of being scripted. :P
#367 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

one more gif

l

nervmeister

...by a scripted QTE :P
#368 Posted by nervmeister (15267 posts) -

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

one more gif

l

rjdofu

Pushing a button to hit a guy with a weapon? By that logic, just about every single action game is QTE-heavy. What's are you going say next? That pushing the analog stick is a scripted QTE to make Joel walk? :roll:

#369 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nervmeister"] That's Joel's answer to all those who accuse the game of being scripted. :P

Pushing a button to hit a guy with a weapon. By that logic, just about every single action game is QTE heavy.

I wish a normal attack would have that same animation & camera zoom.
#370 Posted by nervmeister (15267 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] ...by a scripted QTE :P

Pushing a button to hit a guy with a weapon. By that logic, just about every single action game is QTE heavy.

The camera zooms in when you sprint in Gears of War. SCRIPTED!
#371 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nervmeister"] Pushing a button to hit a guy with a weapon. By that logic, just about every single action game is QTE heavy.

:| arguing with half of my points won't make you a winner.
#372 Posted by nervmeister (15267 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] I wish a normal attack would have that same animation & camera zoom.

NPCs often have established "reaction animations" when your character attacks/kills them. And how can you be certain that isn't a normal attack Joel uses when he has a long blunt melee weapon in his hands?
#373 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] ...by a scripted QTE :P

Well, it has.
#374 Posted by PAL360 (26928 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nervmeister"] That's Joel's answer to all those who accuse the game of being scripted. :Pnervmeister

Pushing a button to hit a guy with a weapon? By that logic, just about every single action game is QTE-heavy. What's are you going say next? That pushing the analog stick is a scripted QTE to make Joel walk? :roll:

I think it's like executions in Gears series, you push a button to trigger a scripted animation.

w22ecy.gif

It's all real time, but not dynamic.

#375 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -

[QUOTE="nervmeister"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] ...by a scripted QTE :PPAL360

I think it's like executions in Gears series, you push a button to trigger a scripted animation.

w22ecy.gif

It's all real time, but not dynamic.

this is why gears sucks at least tetris had you pushing the button multiple times to get it right (bulb clicks) plus it left the story up to the imagination
#376 Posted by Tropicalshower (10813 posts) -
May is so far away. :(
#377 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

.....Ok?

:shock:

happyduds77

And how many time do I have to say it, In engine is not the same as in game/real time. Uncharted was the same. All cutscenes are done using the engine, but pre-rendered to use higher quality assets and a more stable framerate to give them that cinematic look. Hence why Nathan drakes face always looking higher res in cutscenes than when your an around with him.

Devs sue terms like those so people like you will go around saying that hyping the game. In engine is still impressive and I like ti cos it keeps the immersion flowing, but it's not real time on the fly rendering for cutscenes.

#378 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -

[QUOTE="happyduds77"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

And how many time do I have to say it, In engine is not the same as in game/real time. Uncharted was the same. All cutscenes are done using the engine, but pre-rendered to use higher quality assets and a more stable framerate to give them that cinematic look. Hence why Nathan drakes face always looking higher res in cutscenes than when your an around with him.

Devs sue terms like those so people like you will go around saying that hyping the game. In engine is still impressive and I like ti cos it keeps the immersion flowing, but it's not real time on the fly rendering for cutscenes.

:lol: he kidding
#379 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

That is not true. Since, i am new to game-spot, i don't know how to post screenshots, but i am going to give a link that proves my statement. community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Uncharted-3-AMAZING-VISUALS-LOADS-OF-SCREENSHOTS-SPOILERS/td-p/36883837
#380 Posted by greensand24 (389 posts) -
Looks alright but nothing amazing. I mean let's wait till we see the final game instead of going crazy over per-rendered cutscenes. Meh.. Looks like uncharted. Let's see how fun it actually is and whether it has the same sloppy shooting mechanics in the uncharted games.
#381 Posted by clone01 (24829 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="Another-World"]Zombie seem to have become the new nazisAnother-World

They are not Zom...

oh forget it

A rose by any other name...

My thoughts exactly. The plagas in RE4 weren't zombies either.
#382 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

[QUOTE="tryagainlater"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I don't think he's singling out you specifically, toni. Just the reaction of this forum in general.BlbecekBobecek

Yea, pretty much. It's much worse over at Neogaf though :P

What is wrong about ppl looking forward to a very promising game?

I just don't understand why people want to be disappointed is all. I'm just cynical I guess. I do think it looks great and if I have to choose between this and GTA5 in May, I'll be picking The Last of Us because it seems more interesting but I'm not gonna claim it as a masterpiece until I can play it to see if it's true.
#383 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The camera zooms in when you sprint in Gears of War. SCRIPTED!nervmeister

NPCs often have established "reaction animations" when your character attacks/kills them. And how can you be certain that isn't a normal attack Joel uses when he has a long blunt melee weapon in his hands?

This kind of slow, close up hit tends to be the finishing move, very unlikely to belong in a chain of attack (look at Joel momentum as well), indicating a scripted animation. With normal (repeatable) attack, it'll be quicker, sharper with more room to recovery (to continue another chain of attack). This scene is probably the same as the scene in the house, where Joel tackle a guy to a wall and punch him rapidly. Oh well, my original comment was supposed to be not taken seriously, I actually love these kind of animation if there's enough variety to it.
#384 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3862 posts) -

Jey zos christ!

2013 is looking sexy.

#385 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] :| arguing with half of my points won't make you a winner.

This kind of slow, close up hit tends to be the finishing move, very unlikely to belong in a chain of attack (look at Joel momentum as well), indicating a scripted animation. With normal (repeatable) attack, it'll be quicker, sharper with more room to recovery (to continue another chain of attack). This scene is probably the same as the scene in the house, where Joel tackle a guy to a wall and punch him rapidly. Oh well, my original comment was supposed to be not taken seriously, I actually love these kind of animation if there's enough variety to it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC0fbYXxQjk&feature=g-user-u Just hear what he says.
#386 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"] Dude, how many times. That footage is in-game.happyduds77

That is not true. Since, i am new to game-spot, i don't know how to post screenshots, but i am going to give a link that proves my statement. community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Uncharted-3-AMAZING-VISUALS-LOADS-OF-SCREENSHOTS-SPOILERS/td-p/36883837

Never said it looked bad, Im pointing out that in game/real time are not the same as pre-rendered in engine cutscenes.

These two

amarectv201111011136069.jpgamarectv201111070009165.jpg

Are clearly higher res than these two models. (fullscreen images show this better)

amarectv201111011546335.jpgamarectv201111070024078.jpg

You'll notice the cutscenes never have jaggies, yet the gameplay is always riddled with them

#387 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

Never said it looked bad, Im pointing out that in game/real time are not the same as pre-rendered in engine cutscenes.

These two

Are clearly higher res than these two models. (fullscreen images show this better)

You'll notice the cutscenes never have jaggies, yet the gameplay is always riddled with them

Can you please tell me how to post screenshots?
#388 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"] That is not true. Since, i am new to game-spot, i don't know how to post screenshots, but i am going to give a link that proves my statement. community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Uncharted-3-AMAZING-VISUALS-LOADS-OF-SCREENSHOTS-SPOILERS/td-p/36883837happyduds77

These two

Most times you can just copy and paste the pic (have to use ctrl+V in GS cos it doesn't allow right click paste) or you can copy the URL, go to the little green tree pic ehre in the edit section, paste the link there, go to the second tab (appearance) and change the first box in dimensions to 800. The image should constrain and fit the window on it's own at 800.

Although please don't post a million screenshots now just to make a point, the 4 I posted were already too much.

#389 Posted by freedomfreak (40884 posts) -
NOT ZOMBIES INFECTED Well, that's how I see them.
#390 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

NOT ZOMBIES INFECTED Well, that's how I see them.freedomfreak

They will be called zombies all the time anyway. It's what people associate them as. Most zombies in modern times aren't even zombies anyway, like Resident evil. They're just infected now.

#391 Posted by freedomfreak (40884 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]NOT ZOMBIES INFECTED Well, that's how I see them.seanmcloughlin

They will be called zombies all the time anyway. It's what people associate them as. Most zombies in modern times aren't even zombies anyway, like Resident evil. They're just infected now.

That's true.
#392 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -

amarectv201111011139413.jpg

These two

seanmcloughlin

Most times you can just copy and paste the pic (have to use ctrl+V in GS cos it doesn't allow right click paste) or you can copy the URL, go to the little green tree pic ehre in the edit section, paste the link there, go to the second tab (appearance) and change the first box in dimensions to 800. The image should constrain and fit the window on it's own at 800.

Although please don't post a million screenshots now just to make a point, the 4 I posted were already too much.

but this is in-game and it looks just as good as the cut-scenes, thanks for helping.

#393 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

I'll rent it. I like TPS style games. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary though, that would be foolish. No need for haters to get so vivid about the hype. Who honestly cares whether it is or its not. When we all play it is the only thing that's going to matter.

#394 Posted by Gue1 (10187 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

These two

amarectv201111011136069.jpgamarectv201111070009165.jpg

come on man, you're still trying to damage control this? Just accept that you were owned and move on... Those 2 pics you have there are from promotional renders from E3. I mean, just use common sense dude. How can ND do seamless transitions if the pre-render videos really looked like those pics you posted there? Have you even played an Uncharted game before?

Don't you remember about this?

#395 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

but this is in-game and it looks just as good as the cut-scenes, thanks for helping.

happyduds77

Looks good alright, but still not as high res as the other ones. All the lighting in the eyeball shine and stuff like that. It's more detailed in the cutscenes, but they do do a good job transitioning from on to the other.

The details in the environments are also a giveaway for this stuff, better texture resolution and more AA being used to smooth out the whole image. In game things are a bit rougher. Still look good though

#396 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"] That is not true. Since, i am new to game-spot, i don't know how to post screenshots, but i am going to give a link that proves my statement. community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Uncharted-3-AMAZING-VISUALS-LOADS-OF-SCREENSHOTS-SPOILERS/td-p/36883837Gue1

These two

come on man, you're still trying to damage control this? Just accept that you were owned and move on... Those 2 pics you have there are from promotional renders from E3. I mean, just use common sense dude. How can ND do seamless transitions if the pre-render videos really looked like those pics you posted there? Have you even played an Uncharted game before?

Don't you remember about this?

Still? I believe it's like the first or maybe second time I've posted images to prove a point about U3 :?

And I pulled those images from the link he sent me, to prove a point against his logic of things. Nothing more. I have played all 3 main Uncharted games and finished them all. Uncharted 2 was one of my favourite games and still is, some of the stuff in that game at the time was mind boggling to me. But even then I knew the cutscenes were higher res than the in game stuff, cos everytime a cutscene played and I got back to gameplay I would think "aw man why can't in game look that good"

I'm not some anti sony/cow fanboy hater, I used to be like that, praising everything and anything PS3 and even went against the 360 a lot for no reason other than to blindly hate. But I've grown passed all that now and I can see things for what they really are. A lot of other people in SW need to be able to do that.

#397 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

i'll admit, this game is amazing, seriously it's hard to hate a game made by naughty dog

Meeeper282
Everyone hates Way of the Warrior.
#398 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="happyduds77"] Dude, how many times. That footage is in-game.happyduds77

The gameplay screens look worse than the cutscenes, lulz.

#399 Posted by worknow222 (1404 posts) -

Why do I have a feeling when IGN reviews the last of us it will be the same uncharted 3 reviewer giving it a 10, for fanboyish reasons................If this happens.................System wars may become interesting again

#400 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20840 posts) -
looks great but cows are over hyping it way too much. Looks like a great rental imo It looks like its gonna be a very linear cinematic type game which wont last long.