The Last Of Us VGA 2012 Fapping Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Well, Naughty Dog puts a huge amount of emphasis on mo-cap, and other studios don't. That's really all it is.seanmcloughlin

.....Ok?

ibr3Frf5NwhWnX.gif

:shock:

A pre-rendered custcene proves?

ok just cuz its on the PS3 doesnt mean its not still a console game, whats your point?
#202 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

.....Ok?

PinnacleGamingP

ok just cuz its on the PS3 doesnt mean its not still a console game, whats your point?

You say the most out of context stuff, what you just said has no connection to what I was saying. Stop trying so hard

#204 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Peredith"]

.....Ok?

seanmcloughlin

You say the most out of context stuff, what you just said has no connection to what I was saying. Stop trying so hard

[/QUOTE this prerendered cutscene is running by the power of the PS3, its not the same as a prerendered cutscene on last gen systems such as the 360!!!!
#205 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

this prerendered cutscene is running by the power of the PS3, its not the same as a prerendered cutscene on last gen systems such as the 360!!!!PinnacleGamingP

Aw that's cute, run along now you had your fun

#206 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]this prerendered cutscene is running by the power of the PS3, its not the same as a prerendered cutscene on last gen systems such as the 360!!!!seanmcloughlin

ok ignore the topic.
#207 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

And I thought I couldn't possible be more hyped. But nope, this trailer made me even more hyped. After the let down that was AC III, I'm looking at this to bring me some GOTG-quality gaming. Of course I have no doubts it'll be excellent, it's by the Naughty Gods, they made the best game this gen (Uncharted 2). Of course, there's also GTA V, either way spring's going to be awesome ;).

#208 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

Naughty Gods

XVision84

Everyone who uses this term in a serious manner should be castrated.

#209 Posted by hippiesanta (9978 posts) -
TLOU Trailer was so good.... people forget about Resident Evil 6 Gold Edition out anytime soon
#210 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Naughty Gods

DarkLink77

Come on now, is it that difficult to admit that they're an extremely talented studio?

#211 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Naughty Gods

XVision84

Come on now, is it that difficult to admit that they're an extremely talented studio?

Not hard to admit at all. The hyperbole that surrounds them and their games though is sickening

#212 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]this prerendered cutscene is running by the power of the PS3, its not the same as a prerendered cutscene on last gen systems such as the 360!!!!PinnacleGamingP

ok ignore the topic.

I responded to the topic quite a while ago

You're just trying to cause sh!t from nothing here now.

#213 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Naughty Gods

DarkLink77

Why do you dislike ND?

#216 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Naughty Gods

megaspiderweb09

Why do you dislike ND?

I don't dislike Naughty Dog, I just hate that term. It's obnoxious. The same way that Godrim, Godlo, World of GodCraft, etc is obnoxious.
#217 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9491 posts) -
[QUOTE="SectorSix6"]and that trailer kinda just spoiled the ending of the game.DarkLink77
Yeah, that kinda pissed me off.

Its an old TV show preview technique. Make two sequences look like one. I very much doubt they would put something like that in a trailer.
#218 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Naughty Gods

XVision84

That has nothing to do with how stupid that term is.
#219 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="SectorSix6"]and that trailer kinda just spoiled the ending of the game.Nonstop-Madness
Yeah, that kinda pissed me off.

Its an old TV show preview technique. Make two sequences look like one. I very much doubt they would put something like that in a trailer.

Hell, they still use it in TV. But if that actually happens in the game, Imma be pissed.
#220 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -

seanmcloughlin

ok ignore the topic.

I responded to the topic quite a while ago

You're just trying to cause sh!t from nothing here now.

looks like you got owned and dont wanna admit it
#221 Posted by TrapJak (2933 posts) -

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

Why do you dislike ND?

I don't dislike Naughty Dog, I just hate that term. It's obnoxious. The same way that Godrim, Godlo, World of GodCraft, etc is obnoxious.

I got Skyrim and World of Warcraft out of that. What the fudge is Godlo?

#222 Posted by Gue1 (11019 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]this prerendered cutscene is running by the power of the PS3, its not the same as a prerendered cutscene on last gen systems such as the 360!!!!PinnacleGamingP

ok ignore the topic.

the guy's just a cow hater trying to prove you wrong out of spite alone. And like you said, even if it's pre-rendered it was in-engine so it will translate the same to real time. Naughty Dogs loves to do seamless transitions from cut-scenes to gameplay all the time so the in-engine/pre-rendered stuff is actually how the real-time stuff looks too.

#223 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

Why do you dislike ND?

TrapJak

I got Skyrim and World of Warcraft out of that. What the fudge is Godlo?

Halo. That one's hard. You get the idea, though.
#224 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -

Gue1

ok ignore the topic.

the guy's just a cow hater trying to prove you wrong out of spite alone. And like you said, even if it's pre-rendered it was in-engine so it will translate the same to real time. Naughty Dogs loves to do seamless transitions from cut-scenes to gameplay all the time so the in-engine/pre-rendered stuff is actually how the real-time stuff looks too.

i know your right ..... its just amazing tho how these trolls are still roaming around here.....
#225 Posted by HAZE-Unit (10497 posts) -

TLOU release date is making it more obvious of an indication that PS4 is coming next year.

#226 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

Gue1

ok ignore the topic.

In engine =/= real time :Roll: and Im not a cow hater. i used to be a cow and have said I will likely buy a PS3 just for this game :? You people are quick to jump to all sorts of accusations. any wonder people love trolling cows, seems to be very easy to get a reaction out of you

#227 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]ok ignore the topic.PinnacleGamingP

i know your right ..... its just amazing tho how these trolls are still roaming around here.....

I couldn't be further from a troll. I haven't trolled once here since I joined and many people could attest to that. But what would it matter cos I'm just a "cow hater" right?

#228 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]ok ignore the topic.seanmcloughlin

In engine =/= real time :Roll: and Im not a cow hater. i used to be a cow and have said I will likely buy a PS3 just for this game :? You people are quick to jump to all sorts of accusations. any wonder people love trolling cows, seems to be very easy to get a reaction out of you

ah he doesnt even have a PS3
#229 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

Naughty Gods

DarkLink77

Wow, really? :?

#230 Posted by freedomfreak (42384 posts) -
Is this the part where people get yelled at for not liking every single thing about this game?
#231 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -
Is this the part where people get yelled at for not liking every single thing about this game?freedomfreak
We're not there yet. But it's coming.
#233 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

Is this the part where people get yelled at for not liking every single thing about this game?freedomfreak

People can yell all they want, no one here has played the game o no opinion is valid, all opinions are welcomed.

#235 Posted by freedomfreak (42384 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Is this the part where people get yelled at for not liking every single thing about this game?DarkLink77

It's inevitable.
#236 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

PinnacleGamingP

And that matters because?

See unlike you I can look at a game and subjectively state what's good and bad about it from my own point of view. I don't see a PS3 exclusive and force myself into endless rants about how it will be the best game ever made. The game looks great, I'm really digging the vibe and look of it. Seems like they're onto something, does that mean I can't spot flaws or things I don't like about it? hell no. I can think for myself

#237 Posted by Gamingmoney (575 posts) -

that guy doesn't even own a ps3.

pinnacle owned him

#238 Posted by Gue1 (11019 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]ok ignore the topic.PinnacleGamingP

the guy's just a cow hater trying to prove you wrong out of spite alone. And like you said, even if it's pre-rendered it was in-engine so it will translate looking the same to real time. Naughty Dogs loves to do seamless transitions from cut-scenes to gameplay all the time so the in-engine/pre-rendered stuff is actually how the real-time stuff looks too.

he is not a troll though. He just feels an unhealthy hate for the cows.

#239 Posted by freedomfreak (42384 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Is this the part where people get yelled at for not liking every single thing about this game?Zaibach

People can yell all they want, no one here has played the game o no opinion is valid, all opinions are welcomed.

You should've been here during the E3 showing. Sean got ganghumped for pointing out a trivial thing he didn't like. Poor guy.
#240 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Is this the part where people get yelled at for not liking every single thing about this game?freedomfreak

It's inevitable.

Pretty sure the wheel were in motion a while ago :P I remember when I said before I didn't like how Joel fell down the elevator shaft cos it seemed a bit over the top and people absolutely attacked me for it like bloody hounds. Despite saying I liked the game and was hyping it a few pages before it :?

#241 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Is this the part where people get yelled at for not liking every single thing about this game?freedomfreak

You should've been here during the E3 showing. Sean got ganghumped for pointing out a trivial thing he didn't like. Poor guy.

lol see? you just said what I wrote, and yet Zaibach was one of the very posters to absolutely attack me over it :lol: changed his tune

#242 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] We're not there yet. But it's coming.seanmcloughlin

It's inevitable.

Pretty sure the wheel were in motion a while ago :P I remember when I said before I didn't like how Joel fell down the elevator shaft cos it seemed a bit over the top and people absolutely attacked me for it like bloody hounds. Despite saying I liked the game and was hyping it a few pages before it :?

Cows, brah. Cows. All you have to do is praise Sony, and never question them again, and you'll be fine.
#243 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

And I thought I couldn't possible be more hyped. But nope, this trailer made me even more hyped. After the let down that was AC III, I'm looking at this to bring me some GOTG-quality gaming. Of course I have no doubts it'll be excellent, it's by the Naughty Gods, they made the best game this gen (Uncharted 2). Of course, there's also GTA V, either way spring's going to be awesome ;).

TheGuardian03

i remember you saying AC3 was amazing, what happend? also you seem very hyped for TLOU i think you will end up disappointed then blame the game because you are expecting so much.

No, Assassin's Creed III was a legitimate disappointment. I said it was a good game, but not amazing. Thing is, Ubisoft promised big changes to the combat and they promised some great graphics. In the end, AC III didn't end up looking much better than past AC games, the combat was still counter-attack, and the story was also uninteresting. They had a lot of great ideas, but the bland protagonist, the lack of proper pacing, the still-clunky gameplay, the put-me-to-sleep conversations, the boring as **** characters, and the lack of a proper story hold it back. It has good ideas, but bad execution. Throughout the whole story, I didn't care about Connor, I didn't care about Achilles, I didn't care about the village, and I didn't care about any character in the game. The only half decent character was Haytham. There's also the terrible framerate, the pop-in, and some really bad textures. The whole game was all over the place, I never actually felt like I was in that time period, and I was never invested in the story. It's a good game, but it's nowhere near amazing. They spent 3 years making it, it should've been much better than this. They also had plenty of time to polish it. Assassin's Creed III took all the attention, but Far Cry 3 definitely deserved more of it. Far Cry 3 had everything Assassin's Creed III should have had and then some. Far Cry 3 isn't even about stealth and it has infinitely better stealth than Assassin's Creed III. Seriously, AC III has "Assassin" in the freaking title! But no, they decide to half-ass the stealth mechanics. Honestly, the horrible AI makes it difficult to be stealthy and not in a good way. There are times where it should be detecting you, but it doesn't, and there are times where you're not supposed to be detecting, but they detect you. It never feels stealthy, and the few times that stealth IS possible is vastly underwhelming. You just climb trees, and air assassinate. That's not stealth. In Far Cry 3 I can tag enemies, sneak my way through them or toy with them and pick them off one by one. Those are options, those are multiple ways to complete a mission, THAT'S stealth.

Not only that, but Assassin's Creed is all about environments and the time period. They put so much effort into making the whole game look like it's 18th century america, but they never actually make it feel like it's 18th century america. There is close to no AI interaction, and the whole world feels dead. Far Cry 3 makes me really feel like I'm on an island, it makes me feel like a hunter, and most of all the world feels so alive. And it's not like this is a complete surprise, Ubisoft has disappointed in the past. They aren't anywhere near as good as Naughty Dog when it comes to making engaging stories and characters and an overall smooth experience. Even Uncharted 3, which I said was a big disappointment, was a great game. It wasn't close to perfection like Uncharted 2, but it was still amazing. Naughty Dog not only spent 3 years making this game (longer than any other Uncharted game before), but they also focus on the singleplayer this time around. Uncharted 3 was more of a multiplayer-focused experience. This means that the story will be as good as possible, and this trailer backs it up because Naughty Dog AGAIN proves that they can make excellent games that are brimming with spirit.

Edit: Whew, okay, that was just one of my hate rants there. Don't mind the language. As I said, AC III was a disappointment IMO :P.

#244 Posted by freedomfreak (42384 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Is this the part where people get yelled at for not liking every single thing about this game?TheGuardian03
it already happend when they showed the 15 minutes demo this year lol.

Yeah, people were ripping into me because I told them to give Sean a break. Haha, funny sh!t
#245 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -

TheGuardian03

what's that got to do with what he said?

when one sells their ps3, they need to justify the devistating loss, so hes a cow hater, because he we still have what he was unable to have the privledge to keep. hence why last of us "looks nothing special" in his opnion, while a dark souls 2 pre render "looks absolutely amazing", when in reality, everyone knows last of us will look much better then dark souls 2. consider this my unbiased opinion as dark souls 2 is on the top of my list of games.
#246 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] It's inevitable.DarkLink77

Cows, brah. Cows. All you have to do is praise Sony, and never question them again, and you'll be fine.

And miss their little meltdowns? pfff no way :P

#247 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

seanmcloughlin

Not hard to admit at all. The hyperbole that surrounds them and their games though is sickening

Whelp, I love my hyperboles ;).

Castrated or not, I ain't gonna stop :P.

#248 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"] ah he doesnt even have a PS3PinnacleGamingP
what's that got to do with what he said?

when one sells their ps3, they need to justify the devistating loss, so hes a cow hater, because he we still have what he was unable to have the privledge to keep. hence why last of us "looks nothing special" in his opnion, while a dark souls 2 pre render "looks absolutely amazing", when in reality, everyone knows last of us will look much better then dark souls 2. consider this my unbiased opinion as dark souls 2 is on the top of my list of games.

Are you blind? I wrote above that the game looks great and I will likely buy a PS3 again to play it :?

I even talked to Darklink about it before How I really liked the style and theme of the game. My God, do people just willfully ignore sh!t now

It's like that elevator shaft thing all over again, praise the game a few times no one says anything. Say one thing you don't like and Boom, they're all on you

#249 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

Whelp. I guess I'll go get the knife.
#250 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

I've read your mass effect rants, I'm well aware of your hyperboles :P

But you're actually cool and not mindless