The Last of Us: Remastered | Officially Announced for PS4

#53 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17342 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@JangoWuzHere: I paid 30$ for Ground Zeroes and played it for 12 hours. Last of Us is 8-10 hours for 60$.

I played Uncharted 2 (SP) for some 30 hours. It is however a 10-11 hour game (at best). What of it?

Content or time to beat said content alone can't the decisive factor in the pricing (most RPG's would be in the hundreds of dollars otherwise), though I fully agree HD ports should not ever be $60. Make it $40 and you have a far more valuable proposition for gamers and consumers.

So because it's a port, that means it can't be 60$?

#54 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17476 posts) -

@Doolz2024 said:

Definitely buying again, but when it's like $20 or so.

Agreed. Would love to replay this with better graphics and higher resolution.

But no way am I paying 59.99 for it. I'll wait until the price drops.

#55 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@GrayF0X786 said:

I'm guessing if you have the ps3 disk version you can do a digital upgrade for just $10 right?

if not then

FUCK YOU SONY.

I really hope this is the case as I'd be more than happy to pay £10 to upgrade. Even still I will be double dipping anyway (at what I expect will be £40 in the UK). I'm not going to miss out on experiencing one of the best games ever made with enhanced graphics for the sake of a few pounds and some hipsters deeming it uncool to do so.

My GOTY on PS4. Worth every penny IMHO.

#56 Edited by GrayF0X786 (4037 posts) -

@withe1982 said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

I'm guessing if you have the ps3 disk version you can do a digital upgrade for just $10 right?

if not then

FUCK YOU SONY.

I really hope this is the case as I'd be more than happy to pay £10 to upgrade. Even still I will be double dipping anyway (at what I expect will be £40 in the UK). I'm not going to miss out on experiencing one of the best games ever made with enhanced graphics for the sake of a few pounds and some hipsters deeming it uncool to do so.

it's because of people like you companies out there get away with charging us with ridiculous prices

and the smart consumer suffers for it.

#57 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17342 posts) -

@GrayF0X786 said:

@withe1982 said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

if not then

FUCK YOU SONY.

it's because of people like you companies out there get away with charging us with ridiculous prices

Quite the hypocrite aren't you? You'll bend over for Ground Zeroes, but The Last of Us is somehow taking it too far?

#58 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@GrayF0X786 said:

@withe1982 said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

if not then

FUCK YOU SONY.

People like me? I'm not going to justify my gaming purchases to some prat on a message board. Why do you care what I play and spend the money I fuckin' earn on?

#59 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Will buy again. And will pay even more for it. Thing is, now that is being re released, it's going to be the game to beat for another generation.

#60 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@GrayF0X786: and it's because of poor slobs, like you, that care so much, and are so envious of others financial successes, that there is still class warfare.

Get a job, lazy ass.

#61 Posted by happyduds77 (1554 posts) -

60$?

Go f*ck yourself Sony.

#62 Posted by Heil68 (46825 posts) -

When it's a top 5 GOAT, you can bet your sweet ass, I'll be buying again :D

#63 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

$60?? Sony that better be a placeholder!

You guys really bending over for this?

#64 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3228 posts) -

full price?????

GTFO!

#65 Edited by foxhound_fox (90605 posts) -

@Doolz2024 said:

Definitely buying again, but when it's like $20 or so.

The PS3 version is still $59.99 here.

#67 Posted by Kenny789 (10273 posts) -

Not sure if worth getting it for PS4 once I get a PS4 or if I should just get a cheap one for the PS3.

#68 Edited by MirkoS77 (8189 posts) -

Locked 60 FPS, higher rez graphics, included DLC (both MP and SP). I'd drop $60 on that.

#69 Edited by kuu2 (7912 posts) -

When you have no exclusives bring back the old ones.

Really.................. rehashing a year old game and charging $60 for it?????

Cows will have earned their name if they buy this trash. The game is good but Sony is really sticking it to their game starved PauperStation4 owners.

#70 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@TheGuardian03 said:

I havent even gotten the plat for ps3 version yet, if ps4 version isnt a significant upgrade then i will wait until its cheap

TLOU is still $59.99 retail for a new copy and this would likely have all the DLC (besides visual and performance upgrades)

#71 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4037 posts) -
@JangoWuzHere said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

@withe1982 said:

@GrayF0X786 said:

if not then

FUCK YOU SONY.

Quite the hypocrite aren't you? You'll bend over for Ground Zeroes, but The Last of Us is somehow taking it too far?

i payed £19 for Ground Zeroes

Last of Us for those who purchased it for ps3 and eventually again on ps4 will total around £80 - £90

so how is there a comparison?

#72 Edited by Spartan070 (16377 posts) -

Why are people bitching about the price? As someone who never played it on PS3 I'm going to happily pay the $60, did it ever occur to you all that the game isn't being solely targerted towards people who have already played? Ditto Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

There was a mass migrating of console gamers that went from 360s to PS4, I'm fairly sure that's their main target audience with this game.

Also since this game is "God of Us" like the Sony fanboys have been saying then it should easily still command that premium price.

#73 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4037 posts) -

@Shirokishi_ said:

I loved the game but what kind of idiot would double dip for $60? No offense.

Unless theres an nice chunk of new content I cant see a reason to pay anything over $40.

clearly there are many people here who don't know the value of money

#74 Posted by Spartan070 (16377 posts) -

@GrayF0X786 said:

@Shirokishi_ said:

I loved the game but what kind of idiot would double dip for $60? No offense.

Unless theres an nice chunk of new content I cant see a reason to pay anything over $40.

clearly there are many people here who don't know the value of money

You say that as though the value of money is definitive and not relative...

#75 Posted by jman1553 (1320 posts) -

Not gonna buy it until it's $20 or something, but I AM interested in seeing what it will look like visually. TLOU looked pretty good on PS3.

#76 Posted by Ghost120x (4147 posts) -

Glad I never bought it on ps3. :)

#77 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@GrayF0X786: no. There are people here that have more money, than you, and if they want to drop that money, it's their call.

Wallow in your jealousy.

#78 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (18510 posts) -

Where's my Deadly Premonition PS4 director's unrated super editional cut of extra extended stuff.

#79 Posted by Evo_nine (2093 posts) -

I guess this is why they call sony fanboys cows.

They sure do love being milked.

#80 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

Why are people bitching about the price? As someone who never played it on PS3 I'm going to happily pay the $60, did it ever occur to you all that the game isn't being solely targerted towards people who have already played? Ditto Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition.

There was a mass migrating of console gamers that went from 360s to PS4, I'm fairly sure that's their main target audience with this game.

Also since this game is "God of Us" like the Sony fanboys have been saying then it should easily still command that premium price.

right on the money. And again, its still going for full price in retail without all the DLC that would likely be included, so this would be a steal for all those gamers who never had a chance to play because they didn't want to go out and buy a ps3 at the end of the gen.

Of course, some fanboys in here will be dumb. Say it's just a cheap and unjustified cashgrab saying there's no other exclusives of note this year (ignoring all others that've released and come out simply because none scored as high as their limited audience car game) while going on to just hype a Halo 2 remake for the remaining days on the calender.

#81 Posted by MonsieurX (31581 posts) -

Cows love to get milked, so it's fine I guess.

Will make a PS4 worthy game, finally

#82 Posted by D4RKL1NG (271 posts) -

Lems trembling in FEAR 'cause of the G.O.A.T coming back to haunt them again for another generation.

#83 Posted by madskills6117 (4035 posts) -

I was hoping this wasn't just a rumor. Day 1 purchase for me.

#84 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4037 posts) -
@xboxdone74 said:

@GrayF0X786: no. There are people here that have more money, than you, and if they want to drop that money, it's their call.

Wallow in your jealousy.

let me make one thing clear

i don't mind about the $60 price tag

but i just want them to offer a digital upgrade deal for current ps3 version owners

if they don't do this then they can go fk themselves.

#85 Posted by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

yes yes yes yes yes i'm in, wait 60 ? LoLNO

hopefully discount for people already having a copy plzzzzz

#86 Posted by Gue1 (11251 posts) -

full price for an old game just because they upped the resolution a bit? I hope it flops.

#87 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

I heart ND, but I can't willingly pay $60 for TLOU, again. I'll pick it up when it's under $30.

#88 Edited by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

Double Dipping cuz I never got to play the amazeballs multiplayer I hear so much about.

1080SlayP with 60SlaysPerSecond

Day Uno

#89 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

I'm sorry but did you guys honestly think this game was going to be less than 60 dollars? Seriously? Lol

I'm going to get the game regardless but I am interested to see what has Naughty Dog has done to the game. They don't half ass do anything specially in the graphic department.

#90 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

Does come with MP dlc also?

#91 Posted by cainetao11 (19278 posts) -

I'm good with the copy and DLC I have of it.

#92 Posted by bigblunt537 (6871 posts) -

I definitely want to buy this again, but not at $60.

#93 Posted by Chutebox (38091 posts) -

I'll get it after a price drop on Amazon if there are significant improvements to the game.

#94 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2279 posts) -

I will be buying this again, but $60 is too high for a game I just played last year.

#95 Posted by 2mrw (5214 posts) -

What a complete ripoff !

Those remasters are ruinning gaming for me .... I was about getting TLOY but now I have to wait ... imagine if I got yesterday !

#96 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

...TLOU is still $40 new and the DLC is $15. I can understand not wanting to rebuy it but saying it's not worth $60 is just stupid.

#97 Posted by KBFloYd (14633 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

hopefully it doesn't get an 8.0 this time

that would be ownage if the remaster gets a 9 or 10.

#98 Posted by jsmoke03 (13133 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

hopefully it doesn't get an 8.0 this time

yea its going to get 7.5 because mcshea is going to review it again for trolls

#99 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10421 posts) -

Im not complaining that its $60, im just not gonna pay $60 for a game I already have.

And SONY should not charge $60 for the digital version, becuz the retail comes with a free bag at $60.

#100 Posted by vitonemesis (3160 posts) -

If the DLC it's on disk and not some stupid paper then DAY 1.