The Last of Us PS4 at 60fps Is a "Transformative" Experience

• 89 results
#51 Edited by AmazonAngry (638 posts) -

it's amazing how the last of us will be the game of the generation for yet another generation.

and lems and herms will be missing out yet again

SDC

#52 Edited by PannicAtack (20855 posts) -

Remove backwards compatibility from your system. Port year-old game over so you can charge full price. Genius.

I'll have to actually continue the game. Though I don't really get the whole "finding something to fight for" thing. Considering that the story opens with Joel tracking down and murdering a dude for stealing his guns, I don't think he was lacking for things to fight for.

#53 Posted by sam890 (1055 posts) -

So now that 60fps is such a big deal do you accept PC as your overlords?

NEVER, only gameplay matters.

#54 Posted by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -

They could get more than 60fps if they ever port any of their games over to the PC. This is why Sony is ready to go bankrupt.

#55 Posted by lostrib (31485 posts) -

it's amazing how the last of us will be the game of the generation for yet another generation.

SDC

already played it

#56 Edited by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

SDC

already played it

Yeah played it on the PS3 a few months ago. It was pretty good but I don't think it was the best game of last gen.

#57 Edited by blackace (19707 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

i won't be getting this until 2-3 years time, i finished the game like 3x

Exactly. Once the price drop to dirt cheap I may check it out, but I wouldn't waste another $60 on a game I already own.

#58 Posted by Heil68 (42598 posts) -

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

Exactly. Wrong the price drop to dirt cheap I may check it out, but I wouldn't waste another $60 on a game I already own.

It's not $60, it's only $50, what a deal for a top 5 GOAT.

#59 Edited by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

Exactly. Wrong the price drop to dirt cheap I may check it out, but I wouldn't waste another $60 on a game I already own.

In a little over a year some people are going to pay $120 to play the same game.

#60 Posted by blackace (19707 posts) -

SDC

https://warosu.org/data/tg/img/0293/40/1389111215616.gif

#61 Edited by gago-gago (9111 posts) -

The PS3 version flopped here. Will this PS4 version get a higher score then since you will get the "transformative" experience exclusive to the PS4? Or will it remain a GS flop with the same GS flop score of 8?

#62 Posted by blackace (19707 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

i wouldn't pay $50 for it either. lol!! Definitely not Top 5 GOTY. SMG exceeds it in many areas. It's a good game, but there are other games well above it. The best part about TLOU is the story. The same could be said for The Walking Day as well.

#63 Edited by jdc6305 (3767 posts) -

This is great and all for people that haven't played it but I could care less about the minimal changes. Basically it's still the same game and not enough for me to purchase it again. Whoopty fuckin do 60 fps and slightly better textures. I guess having lived through every generation since the Atari has killed any excitement I have for buying another system.

#64 Edited by AmazonAngry (638 posts) -

@blackace said:

@amazonangry said:

SDC

#65 Posted by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -

SDC

Would be sad to be the game of the generation for the PS4

#66 Posted by Gue1 (9107 posts) -

@blackace said:

@amazonangry said:

SDC

godlike reference to the legend that was ispeakfact. I have to follow you now.

#67 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12349 posts) -

Cant wait to revisit this masterpiece.

#68 Posted by Legend002 (6651 posts) -

Skipped this and GTAV last gen and thank god.

#69 Posted by MK-Professor (3631 posts) -

and If developers can't reach 60 FPS, they say it's on purpose to get a more "cinematic feel".

#70 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6611 posts) -

Really? A remaster that only features upgraded resolution makes people jizz themselves that much? sad

Yeah but this is The Last of Us. I'd pay 60 bucks for a 1440x900 remaster.

#72 Posted by AzatiS (6986 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@uninspiredcup: don't buy it if you don't like it boohoo

But it will be PS4's best seller since it doesn't have any other games to play :(

PS4 has other games out , very few but still ... Saying will be PS4s best seller because theres nothing else out there ... come on. Also , personally i know many guys that missed TLOU on PS3 for whatever reasons ... For those guys , this upgraded with all extras version for 50$ is a dream come true .

#73 Posted by AzatiS (6986 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

i wouldn't pay $50 for it either. lol!! Definitely not Top 5 GOTY. SMG exceeds it in many areas. It's a good game, but there are other games well above it. The best part about TLOU is the story. The same could be said for The Walking Day as well.

SMG exceeding TLOU in ... platforming ? Then what else ... What are those many areas ?!! Hahaha ... you sheeps .. Dont start again !

#74 Posted by KungfuKitten (20661 posts) -

We found a way to transform your wallet into frames.

#75 Posted by Ben-Buja (2709 posts) -

But that will ruin the cinematic experience D: It needs to be 24 fps with motion blur, because watching a movie filmed with real life footage is entirely the same as interactively controlling something in a 3D world.

#76 Posted by Ben-Buja (2709 posts) -

PC had Black Mesa. Many years in development, graphics jumping forward a decade. Cost nothing.

Last Of US, "go into game options, turn res up" a few months release, £50?

Very sad.

Apparently porting it over to PS4 was a lot more difficult than that due to the strange architecture of the PS3. Still, charging full price for it is a joke

#77 Edited by MirkoS77 (6840 posts) -

Less than 30 days away. Can't wait.

#78 Posted by Heil68 (42598 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

Well it is indeed a TOP 5 GOAT, and by golly I'm getting it day 1. I only hope they offer some ridiculously priced CE.

#79 Posted by Wasdie (49313 posts) -

Kind of sad when one of the few anticipated titles for both the Xbox One and PS4 are remakes/remasters of old games. Not exactly a great start to the generation.

#80 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Kind of sad when one of the few anticipated titles for both the Xbox One and PS4 are remakes/remasters of old games. Not exactly a great start to the generation.

Don't forget GTA V part deux and the MC Collection. Those games topped a lot of users "must buy" lists for the year.

#81 Posted by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

Nice upgrade for the best game of last gen.

#82 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (3991 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

SMG exceeding TLOU in ... platforming ? Then what else ... What are those many areas ?!! Hahaha ... you sheeps .. Dont start again !

Originality and innovation

Fun factor

Overall gameplay and game design

Let me ask you this…what did TLOU do better than SMG? Story and graphics. Anything else?

#84 Posted by BIOKILLER123 (567 posts) -

At 60 FPS it won't be "cinematic" like the Order though ....

Lol.

#85 Edited by Heil68 (42598 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

Fun factor

Let me ask you this…what did TLOU do better than SMG? Story and graphics. Anything else?

For me TLOU was more enjoyable to play. I couldn't finish the first SMG, got so bored about 20 stars in and couldn't finish it and still haven't to this day.

#86 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7242 posts) -

What else is Naughty Dog going to say? They need to make it seem far better since the first one is not old at all. Anyone that has not played it really needs to try it out but the people that did, I can not see it being much different. The characters and story was what made the game great and not the gameplay so I do not see how 60 fps is going to change much. Also the story and characters are still very fresh in my mind so it is not like it would have near the same impact.

#87 Posted by Gue1 (9107 posts) -

Remove backwards compatibility from your system. Port year-old game over so you can charge full price. Genius.

I'll have to actually continue the game. Though I don't really get the whole "finding something to fight for" thing. Considering that the story opens with Joel tracking down and murdering a dude for stealing his guns, I don't think he was lacking for things to fight for.

Joel's an extremely selfish person that only cares about himself. He's not looking for anything to fight for and you'll realize it by the end of the game. That's why his brother hates him.

#88 Edited by AzatiS (6986 posts) -

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@AzatiS said:

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

Fun factor

Originality lol ... Innovation ? Where ? Im hearing this innovation in every single Nintendo title.. Smash , kart , zelda... what the heck ...

Fun factor is irrelevant , im not fan of SMG therefore what fun ? Thats totally out of who you asking.

Overall gameplay ? Its a platform , even if its the best gameplay there is for its genre its what YOU prefer. Platforming is platforming. Does SMG excels in gameplay ? Ofcourse it does , its a platform , its all about gameplay !! Game design ? How TLOU is worse than SMG when it comes to design , it won countless awards because of its design .. Oh yes its the gameplay again ... TLOU is NOT platformer ...!! Its NOT all about gameplay ! It has a story to tell also , how is that bad ? For its genre had a good gameplay , atmosphere , story , action and so many more elements that SMG not even think to have.... You see how easy it was to compare 2 different genres ? But its stupid!!!

Comparing different genres is pretty stupid if you ask me but if SMG was the pinnacle of platformers ... so was TLOU for its genre , or one of the best even. Calling SMG way better in many areas is like ...comparing apples with ... bananas! Two entirely different genres where both excels on their own.

Now tell me where you were gaming after Wii died so prematurely ? Dont tell me you quit gaming .. Or tell me why you sheeps shat your pants so badly when you saw Zelda Wii U ... Was it the gameplay or the design ? You hypocrites ,you shat your pants because of an ingame scripted cutscene !! But but ..graphics dont matter right ? Ahhh... damn...SNES/N64/GC era was about graphics and power --- Wii/Wii U era about gameplay !! You sheeps forget so fast what you were saying some gens ago yet you getting hyped with a cutscene while you criticize TLOU having alot of solid cutscenes to tell a story.

If thats not mega hypocrisy , then i dont know what is

#89 Posted by AzatiS (6986 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@AzatiS said:

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

@blackace said:

@blamix99 said:

Fun factor

For me TLOU was more enjoyable to play. I couldn't finish the first SMG, got so bored about 20 stars in and couldn't finish it and still haven't to this day.

Exactly thats my point . Its about what people prefer ... you cant compare SMG with TLOU , period. Two entirely different genres with entirely different design and character let alone core mechanics and approach.

Sheeps after Wii are all about gameplay , like all the other games other than Nintendos having crap gameplay and are all about graphics and story. Yet they shit their pants with a Zelda Wii U cutscene .... Hypocrites to the bone all im saying

#90 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1833 posts) -

Maybe some day xbox can get a game of such calibur in story and gameplay and technology.

I'm excite for this I did not play any dlc on ps3.

#91 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16043 posts) -

Some people on here would have me believe that there is no difference between 720p and 1080p, between 30 FPS and 60 FPS.

But I'm sure that when Sony says there is, some of them will instantly copy that opinion :)

#92 Posted by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

Last gen: The human eye can't see past 24 fps.

This gen: 60 fps is a transformative experience.

Apparently cows finally got Lasik by saving up that McDonalds money.

#93 Edited by coasterguy65 (5721 posts) -

Transformative...lol. Sounds like the same kind of people who cried while playing Journey.

If I play a game on the PS3 / 360 first, then I get the PC version on Steam Is that experience also "transformative"?

I've played through TLoU twice now. I'm done. I may consider picking up the "remastered" version in 6 months, or so when it is selling for $10 on PSN.