The Last of Us PS4 at 60fps Is a "Transformative" Experience

• 89 results
#1 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

Finally a great game coming to PS4

TLOU remastered is the main reason that i got the PS4, I am excited to play this game, only a few weeks to go.

The Last of Us Remastered, the upcoming PlayStation 4 version of 2013's acclaimed PlayStation 3 title, will run at 60fps, developer Naughty Dog has strongly suggested.

"Played some #TLOU at 60 fps tonight for the first time (60fps cutscenes and all). Transformitive [sic]. I'm a believer. Don't think I can go back," Naughty Dog designer Kurt Margenau said in a tweet that was re-tweeted by creative director Neil Druckmann.

In addition, The Last of Us Remastered co-director Bruce Straley said, "I had a dream in 60fps last night. #TLOUremastered." Druckmann replied by saying, "What if I told you that was no dream? #believe."

The Last of Us Remastered runs in 1080p. Frame rate, however, doesn't sound like it's final yet. Druckmann's hashtag "believe" makes it sound like frame rate is not locked down. And while Margenau may have played a build of the game at 60fps, it's possible that it was a non-final version of the game.

We're still waiting a final confirmation on the game's frame rate, but we'll know one way or the other soon, as The Last of Us Remastered officially launches for PS4 on July 29. In Europe, you'll also be able to buy aspecial The Last of Us Remastered PS4 bundle.

The Last of Us Remastered also features higher resolution character models, as well as improved shadows and lighting. The bundle includes DLC, director's commentary, and special interviews with voice actors Troy Baker (Joel) and Ashley Johnson (Ellie). The game was originally expected to sell for $60, but Sony just recently announced a $10 price drop. If you already preordered, you can get a refund.

#2 Edited by MBirdy88 (8308 posts) -

A complete exaggeration for its genre... but ok. I will be renting it.

Hardly similar to say, playing Smash Bros Brawl from 480p to 1080p, higher textures and 60 FPS... now THAT is a transformation.

#3 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@MBirdy88: well cause i didn't play it on PS3, i wont get the "transformative" experience.

but i am really looking forward to playing it.

#4 Posted by MBirdy88 (8308 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@MBirdy88: well cause i didn't play it on PS3, i wont get the "transformative" experience.

but i am really looking forward to playing it.

likewise :P

#5 Edited by gameofthering (10304 posts) -

I don't think many people are going to like this or the new Uncharted. Going to ruin the cinematic feeling and look they all so enjoy!

#6 Posted by blamix99 (2036 posts) -

i won't be getting this until 2-3 years time, i finished the game like 3x

#7 Edited by freedomfreak (40867 posts) -

Guess they're new to 60FPS.

#8 Posted by WeepsForFools (539 posts) -

Really? A remaster that only features upgraded resolution makes people jizz themselves that much? sad

#9 Edited by foxhound_fox (88648 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Guess they're new to 60FPS.

Must be.

#11 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3557 posts) -

... until some high end game comes out that runs at 30fps , then it's all about being "cinematic" .

#12 Posted by Heil68 (45080 posts) -

I may have to buy 3 copies.

#13 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

I think Naughtydog should be encouraged to set the bar in console gaming. 1080P 60FPS should be the standard for exclusive games, there is no fucking reason not to do this, fuck the cinematic experience whatever the fuck that is, developers should stop making excuses.

#14 Posted by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

yessss i will double dip without shame!

#15 Posted by Chutebox (37344 posts) -

Finally?

#16 Edited by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

PC had Black Mesa. Many years in development, graphics jumping forward a decade. Cost nothing.

Last Of US, "go into game options, turn res up" a few months release, £50?

Very sad.

#17 Posted by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: don't buy it if you don't like it boohoo

#18 Posted by MonsieurX (30398 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

But it will be PS4's best seller since it doesn't have any other games to play :(

#19 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4731 posts) -

Not worth paying $50 for the same game i played last year

#20 Posted by lostrib (37468 posts) -

meh

#21 Posted by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

I'm playing Might And Magic 6.

#22 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10497 posts) -

Yeah I will give this remastered version a go on the PS4....I didn't have time to play it the first go around. Glad I get to experience the best version for the first time.

#23 Edited by jake44 (2021 posts) -

I'll pick it up when it hits $20 a year or two from now.

#24 Posted by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

@MonsieurX: dat butthurt LOL!

#25 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3606 posts) -

Must be like playing a whole new game...

#26 Edited by MonsieurX (30398 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@MonsieurX: dat butthurt LOL!

#27 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3270 posts) -

So they didn't touch the enemy A.I. then?

I hope 1080p/60 isn't the only standard this gen.

#28 Posted by B4X (5074 posts) -

The game is 15 dollars used at Gamefly for the PS3.

Graphics will not enhance anything. Been there done that.

Great game BTW.

#29 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27858 posts) -

At 60 FPS it won't be "cinematic" like the Order though ....

#30 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5562 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

I may have to buy 3 copies.

Seriously thou, that's fucking stupid. Unless you gift me one.. Please?

#31 Posted by Seabas989 (10375 posts) -

Once was enough for me.

#32 Posted by B4X (5074 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

/rolling

I shouldn't laugh at that.......no more please!

#33 Posted by heretrix (37401 posts) -

The graphics weren't a problem, I thought it was a pretty looking decent game. I never thought it looked as good as what people were blathering on about, but it was pretty decent. But hey upgraded graphics is something I won't complain about. If I had a PS4 I probably wouldn't rebuy it though. It's a decent for someone who hasn't played it yet.

#34 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9035 posts) -

Maybe I should try finishing this game... I lost interest about half way through. I hear it has an amazing ending.

#35 Edited by getyeryayasout (7597 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

To combat the loss of cinematic quality that 60 fps presents, I plan on simply blinking 30 times a second. Easy peasy.

#36 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

The game is worth a rent if you haven't played it yet...but...lol at the 60fps comment...

#37 Posted by silversix_ (14777 posts) -

Not for its genre nor its slow paced pvp.

#38 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2732 posts) -

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Not worth paying $50 for the same game i played last year

#39 Posted by Jankarcop (9602 posts) -

So now that 60fps is such a big deal do you accept PC as your overlords?

#40 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11411 posts) -

Those tweets are beyond cheesy. They sound so... Fake. Like one of those rehearsed E3 speeches.

#41 Posted by lostrib (37468 posts) -

wait, so 1080p/60fps is now a transformative experience. Because I seem to remember it not being a big deal not too long ago

#42 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5562 posts) -
@lostrib said:

wait, so 1080p/60fps is now a transformative experience. Because I seem to remember it not being a big deal not too long ago

It's people being overly gay towards ND and their brilliance. It will look good, but it won't be a revolution.

#43 Edited by lundy86_4 (43511 posts) -

I'll be picking it up, but this is just the usual PR. It's gonna be great in 1080p/60fps, but that ship sailed a long time ago on PC.

#44 Posted by clyde46 (46544 posts) -

Not worth me going back to it.

#45 Posted by RnD_9 (79 posts) -

Mediocre game, NTY

#46 Edited by cfisher2833 (1709 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

A complete exaggeration for its genre... but ok. I will be renting it.

Hardly similar to say, playing Smash Bros Brawl from 480p to 1080p, higher textures and 60 FPS... now THAT is a transformation.

It's an exaggeration for sure, but I don't see what the genre has to do with it. That seems to be implying that TPSs don't benefit greatly from 60fps....and they do. Any action game benefits from it. All games really benefit from it, even turn-based ones, as it makes menu navigation far smoother.

#47 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

hehe. dreaming about 60 fps. lol.

seriously, start having more ambitious dreams.

#48 Posted by harry_james_pot (10881 posts) -

Awww... They're dreaming about 60fps? It's so new to them, how cute.

So is it a "transformative experience", or "ruins the cinematic experience"?

#49 Posted by Pray_to_me (2862 posts) -

You're in for a treat

#50 Posted by santoron (7769 posts) -

Sounds like they're proud of their efforts. Good for them.

Still not paying $50, but I bet I don't have to wait long for the price to drop.