The Last Of Us Multiplayer Gameplay has leaked!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

Wow, that sounds real ambitious. Definitely getting the game, so I'll be checking it out. Hope the feel of it isn't like Uncharted mp though, puke.

#102 Posted by TrapJak17 (46 posts) -

[QUOTE="TrapJak17"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Not that long tbh. A few months and they drop. Games in general don't retain value for very long if they get large prints which most first party games do.

ActicEdge

What about Nintendo games? Brawl didn't get into the $40 range until 2010. 

I dunno what it is about Mario and Smash that makes it hold on to its value for so long but those are really an oddity. Metroid and Zelda don't retain value nearly as well.

Zelda gets the same treatment. Skyward Sword is still $45.00 used, and Twilight Princess was $30 new in 2011. I haven't seen a Metroid game for sale in quite awhile, so maybe they are cheap. Maybe it's just the games the Nintendo Kings are in that have the high price.

#104 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="TrapJak17"]What about Nintendo games? Brawl didn't get into the $40 range until 2010. 

TrapJak17

I dunno what it is about Mario and Smash that makes it hold on to its value for so long but those are really an oddity. Metroid and Zelda don't retain value nearly as well.

Zelda gets the same treatment. Skyward Sword is still $45.00 used, and Twilight Princess was $30 new in 2011. I haven't seen a Metroid game for sale in quite awhile, so maybe they are cheap. Maybe it's just the games the Nintendo Kings are in that have the high price.

Zelda SS I can find for $30 new. $30 isn't really that expensive, I thought you were talking full price. Popular series that retain half their value is pretty normal tbh. Metroid is also pretty cheap now too, especially other M. 

#105 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Sounds a lot more ambitious for mp than they needed to bother with. Sounds good

#106 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9538 posts) -

oh shit.

dat art book.

http://abload.de/img/bitw6d-ceaejprbn6cff.jpg

TheGuardian03
Can't wait to hold that bad boy in my hand. :o
#107 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

oh shit.

dat art book.

Xaero_Gravity

Can't wait to hold that bad boy on my hand. :o

Don't see what that would accomplish.

#108 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Its completely different and unique.tonitorsi
It's sad how much cows foist up Sony developers only to raise them so high that there is way anyone could be not disappointed by a game.
#109 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16684 posts) -

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"] Its completely different and unique.Zeviander
It's sad how much cows foist up Sony developers only to raise them so high that there is way anyone could be not disappointed by a game.

perhaps you should keep your own hype in check.

#110 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9538 posts) -

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

oh shit.

dat art book.

Goyoshi12

Can't wait to hold that bad boy on my hand. :o

That typo is going to drive me insane. :(
#111 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"] Can't wait to hold that bad boy on my hand. :oXaero_Gravity

Don't you mean onsane?

#112 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9538 posts) -
Heh, has this been posted?
#113 Posted by Blabadon (28970 posts) -
Heh, has this been posted? Xaero_Gravity
I think the OP has most of that down
#114 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9538 posts) -

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

Goyoshi12

Don't you mean onsane?

Har har. >_>
#115 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Goyoshi12"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"] That typo is going to drive me insane. :(Xaero_Gravity

Don't you mean onsane?

Har har. >_>

:P

#116 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9538 posts) -
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Heh, has this been posted? Blabadon

I just thought it was funny that they specifically mentioned this thread. In fact, every story I've read has. This info better not be bullshit. :evil:
#117 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"] I think the OP has most of that downXaero_Gravity
I just thought it was funny that they specifically mentioned this thread. In fact, every story I've read has. This info better not be bullshit. :evil:

Gamespot forum member Tonitorsi posted a good summary of the information.

SURVIVE 12 WEEKS

A small group of Infected have been spotted heading in our direction.  Improve the training of the clan to fight off the Infected and attract new members.

You gained [A] clan members by fighting off the Infected attack.

You were able to partially improve the training of your clan.  You gained some clan members by fighting off the attack.

You were able to dramatically improve the training of your clan before the Infected attacked.  As a result, you gained the maximum new clan members. Marauders have been raiding camps in the area.  Improve the training of the group to fight off the Marauders and attract new members.MP1ST

Holy....

That's pretty cool of them but I don't know if that really helps with their credibility that they would reference a GameSpot fourm member let alone Tonitorsi.

#118 Posted by longtimelurker0 (190 posts) -
I was not planning on picking this up right away but if this multilayer is true I want it now!
#120 Posted by Blabadon (28970 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Heh, has this been posted? Xaero_Gravity

Holy f*ck, I just noticed that.
#121 Posted by SchnabbleTab (1243 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

GOTY CONFIRMED. DA GODS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. YES!!

http://i.imgur.com/QCPN0.gif

tonitorsi

Amen.

Only 13 Days left

other_preach_gif.gif

Haha 13 days? I'll get it Friday :P

#122 Posted by tonitorsi (8658 posts) -

I was featured in another website?

Well, I just leaked the Last Of Us Multiplayer to the world.

1695886734683947496.gif

Im not surprised.

#123 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9538 posts) -

1695886734683947496.gif

Im not surprised.

tonitorsi
If this turns out to be nothing but bullshit...

#124 Posted by mccoyca112 (5433 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Heh, has this been posted? Xaero_Gravity

Uh oh...

#125 Posted by tonitorsi (8658 posts) -

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]

GOTY CONFIRMED. DA GODS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN. YES!!

http://i.imgur.com/QCPN0.gif

SchnabbleTab

Amen.

Only 13 Days left

other_preach_gif.gif

Haha 13 days? I'll get it Friday :P

tumblr_m9uupzuT781rzz3r3o1_500.gif

Tell me young man, do you require payment for some Multiplayer videos and details? :P

#126 Posted by tonitorsi (8658 posts) -

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

1695886734683947496.gif

Im not surprised.

Xaero_Gravity

Not everything will be bullshyit. The execution? Perhaps.

We have a leaked code straight up from Naughty Dog themselves.

tumblr_m88gyaDtgu1rbfp7do1_400.gif

#127 Posted by tonitorsi (8658 posts) -

The source code also reveals 3 maps, all the craftable/usable items/weapons and 4 classes. 

#128 Posted by TrapJak17 (46 posts) -

Hate to be a downer, but this news (that toni has expertly laid out ) was discovered by a ND forum user who got banned for bringing this info out. So other than this unfortunate incident, I'm pretty sure this is legit.

#129 Posted by GeoffZak (3715 posts) -

How cute. Naughty Dog thinks they're being original.

#130 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

[QUOTE="tonitorsi"]

1695886734683947496.gif

Im not surprised.

Xaero_Gravity

terrible film. let this quotation die pls

#131 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
as good as it sounds, none of it means anything if their is no community to play with.
#132 Posted by Malta_1980 (11678 posts) -

Info on this game keeps getting better :)

#133 Posted by lonewolf604 (8558 posts) -
Man....if only this was on PS4. There's obviously going to be a sequel if this does well. This game looks awesome, I just hope it doesn't die out because PS4 is coming this year.
#134 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5503 posts) -

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1..

#135 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

How cute. Naughty Dog thinks they're being original.

GeoffZak

I think they're just making a game.

#136 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

I might actually get this game.

#137 Posted by Desmondo123 (25 posts) -
The Last of Us has been in development since 2009 so it is highly unlikely ND even took any inspiration from Telltales Walking Dead.
#138 Posted by Samurai_Xavier (4364 posts) -

Uncharted 3 multiplayer got even more hype with those dynamic stages and really went nowhere. Sounds interesting though.

#139 Posted by chocolate1325 (32648 posts) -

Might be interesting.

#140 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5503 posts) -
The Last of Us has been in development since 2009 so it is highly unlikely ND even took any inspiration from Telltales Walking Dead.Desmondo123
The joke...you missed it.
#141 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9459 posts) -
This seems like a good MP if it all proves to be true. I might even go pick up a used PS3 off of Craigslist from a crackhead to sample this.
#142 Posted by Jack-Burton (2433 posts) -

Naughty Dog's The Last of Us is due to launch next week and we've heard nothing about the game's multiplayer mode. A cause for concern, perhaps? A suggestion that the multiplayer mode is just a box-ticking add-on? Perhaps not - a list of multiplayer details found within the game's demo and posted on Pastebin hint at an intriguing and in-depth survival-based addition. The big feature appears to be Clans, groups of NPC players you can train and keep alive from waves of the Last of Us' infected. Matches take place over a number of in-game weeks, during which time each human player or team has the chance to gain Clan members or see them die from infection, starvation and enemy incursions. Your Clan's success and growth are directly affected by your performance during each multiplayer round, in which you collect Parts which are then turned into Supplies. You can then send Clan members on missions to improve their skills, rescue other survivors or simply improve their chances of survival. It's unclear if the characters will appear on-screen or if you'll just hear details of their exploits - there's a huge list of NPC names and status effects describing what they're up to. "[NPC name] is spit-roasting a raccoon," for example. "Gangrene is beginning to set in for [another NPC name]." Your team can also learn abilities (weapon crafting/fishing/botany) which give you perks (a new machete/food/health items). Your Clan will also have to contend with random events, such as an Infected attack. Other new details include lists of the game's multiplayer weapons, crafting items and character customisation - the latter of which includes at least 150 different types of hat. The leak stems from the recent The Last of Us single-player demo, made available for those who bought God of War: Ascension. Watch us playing below. Naughty Dog is expected to finally speak about the game's multiplayer mode in the coming days.

150 types of Hat is pure sex.
#143 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -
Game looks like shit, lol.
#144 Posted by WiiMan21 (8191 posts) -
Game looks like shit, lol.SKaREO
Even if you're the biggest fanboy, there isn't a single reason as to why someone can say that TLOU looks like a bad game.
#146 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -
So LAst of Us will have multiplayer? :>
#147 Posted by bleehum (5321 posts) -

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/03/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-modes-played-and-tested/

The premise is that The Last Of Us multiplayer involves the player choosing to join one of two teams two groups of humans taken from the singleplayer portion of the game. Well not spoil anything in terms of names, but chances are if youve been keeping an eye on the game recently youll have some idea of who were referring to.

Whichever you choose, you can then begin to customise your character in terms of appearance (with various options for hats, masks, helmets and gestures most of which will need unlocking rather than being available from the start) and you can also design an emblem, although youre really pulling from pre-made shapes rather than creating your own.

More interesting are the load-outs there are four default ones (assault, sniper, support and stealth) and four custom slots. Each has a small and large weapon (for example, the stealth class has a silenced 9mm pistol and a bow) and there are also additional bolt-on skills, like Covert Training 2, which lets you crouch-walk without showing up on an opponents Listen Mode tracking.

Yep, Listen Mode is in, although unlike the single player in Factions its limited to a few seconds at a time before it recharges. Generally keeping still will mean youre not visible to others, but the skill mentioned above at least lets you move undetected, albeit slowly.

Other skills available from the off include the ability to craft items (something the single player game is heavily focused on) in half the time, the snipers deadly Sharpshooter 3 (less scope sway and regenerating health for headshots) and the ability to know when youve been marked. There are also one-use boosters, but youll need to grow your clan population before you can use those.

When you select a clan, youll get a handful of survivors too. The aim is to play matches over a series of days and weeks (each match represents a day) and get enough supplies out on the battlefield to slowly grow your survivor count. Pretty much everything you do in a battle is translated into supplies, including crafting and healing.

The two game modes are Supply Raid and Survivors. Supply Raid sees players from each clan scavenging for supplies with a twenty-life limit, although anything crafted or bought is carried over if you die (assuming there are lives left). Survivors is more brutal: once youre dead youre dead until the end of the round, and there are seven rounds for each match.

Both game types allow up to four players per team, eight players maximum. sixthaxis

#148 Posted by bleehum (5321 posts) -

More impressions:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/06/first_impressions_is_the_last_of_us_multiplayer_mode_worth_surviving

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1949817/the_last_of_us_multiplayer_all_the_facts.html

#149 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

MP Screens

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]