The Last of Us: Left Behind | GS Review

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

@loosingENDS said:

5GB download ?

Is there any chance we get this on a special edition disk version ?

you act like 5gb is alot.

I guess you can wait for TLoU GOTY edition

#52 Edited by charizard1605 (58077 posts) -

So... it's better than the actual game???

#53 Posted by donalbane (16359 posts) -

I may be the only person on this forum who played the game and thought it was good but not great. I am glad to hear the DLC was good, but my main problem with the game - it's shooting controls - have probably stayed the same. Still, I may pick it up on sale down the road.

#54 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8111 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Wow...we really are seeing the end of pc and xbox gaming. Amazing a dlc could bring that about.

b-b-b-but expansions shouldn't count!!11

And he's cheering for DLC

LOL

Sony can do anything. Even their DLC is better than anything from Nintendo and Microsoft.

Long live Sony!

#55 Posted by Joedgabe (5114 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

So now that the Hype has passed, he decides to give it the score it originally deserves since an Add On won't get him the hits he wants?

I see you McShea.

Maybe... just maybe..... the boss is forcing mcShea to do these things. So he takes the rage and fall for the team for trolling for clicks. -Conspiracy-

#56 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Got the day off so I'll being going through the DLC.

McShea still sucks ass though.

#57 Posted by Chutebox (37345 posts) -

Anyone here play it yet? Gonna download today but can't play it till the kids sleep...

#58 Posted by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

I bought the season pass, so I'll probably play this. Is it only two hours?

I should also try the new multiplayer maps they added. I had the game installed onto the PlayStation 3 so I could download it off of both of my PlayStation 3s. However, it was so big, I eventually had to delete it. I really should get some harddrive add-on for my systems, but the generation is pretty much over at this point, and I don't feel like tinkering with it. I won't have an urge to play the game again once I'm through with all the DLC anyway.

#59 Posted by Zidaneski (8473 posts) -

The add-on is much different that's for sure, was enjoying it for the most part but...yeah.

#60 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

McShea really can sound like a moron at times

#61 Posted by happyduds77 (1472 posts) -

@donalbane said:

I may be the only person on this forum who played the game and thought it was good but not great. I am glad to hear the DLC was good, but my main problem with the game - it's shooting controls - have probably stayed the same. Still, I may pick it up on sale down the road.

Really I thought the shooting controls and the gameplay in general was very tight in the vanilla game.

#62 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

@killatwill15 said:

@super600:

it should've happened for the lost and damned Ballot of Gay Tony vs gta4 but didnt

Fixed.

what?

the ballad of gay tony had a terrible self absorbed story,

sure it much more in terms of content,

but the lost and damned had the story that gta4 should've had,

plus it has bill burr in it.

#63 Posted by hiphops_savior (7939 posts) -

Carolyn Petit has piss poor reasons why GTA 5 got a 9, misogyny is a copout on game that has its flaws, but not enough to affect the game itself. The argument can go the other way, women being less involved in a life of crime is much more positive protrayal (Franklin's ex-gf having the balls to completely sever ties with the hood to marry a doctor).

Video Games should have higher quality writing if the game demands it, and reviewers should call them out on it. Being a video game doesn't excuse it from a poorly executed medium (aka Heavy Rain).

#64 Posted by Bren128 (2353 posts) -

The game deserved at least a 9. I love exploration so I guess ill have to buy this ugh

#65 Posted by kinectthedots (1998 posts) -

For those who played the expansion does it open the door more for a full sequal or close off the chapter to the first game

#66 Edited by SolidTy (43659 posts) -

Since I only buy my games based on Gamespot.com reviews, I skipped multi-website GOTY award winning The Last of Us, but based on this score I will buy that The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC!

McShea'd!

#67 Edited by vitonemesis (3152 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

For those who played the expansion does it open the door more for a full sequal or close off the chapter to the first game

Closes it perfectly.

#68 Posted by cainetao11 (17691 posts) -

@super600: at 5 gigs its the size of some games.

#69 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5550 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:
@super600 said:

So the dlc scored higher than the actual game. Has that happened before on gamespot?

He knows people hate him.

true that.

Only Van0rd is decent here,GS will collapse with its reviews if the one and only remaining Pioneer leaves.

#70 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

@Zidaneski said:

The add-on is much different that's for sure, was enjoying it for the most part but...yeah.

Yeah, i like the feel of it actually and the new mechanic should have been in the full game, did not know why they omitted it

#71 Posted by Ballroompirate (23012 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

You mean all the time

I don't believe he actually gets paid for the shyte he says

#72 Posted by drekula2 (1945 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

So... it's better than the actual game???

no, it's better as a dlc for 1/4th of the price

#73 Posted by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Second sentence is irritating

yeah, I wonder how well he connects with Mario or Pac-man, what an idiotic thing to say, really left a bad taste in my mouth

#74 Edited by drekula2 (1945 posts) -

Carolyn Petit has piss poor reasons why GTA 5 got a 9, misogyny is a copout on game that has its flaws, but not enough to affect the game itself. The argument can go the other way, women being less involved in a life of crime is much more positive protrayal (Franklin's ex-gf having the balls to completely sever ties with the hood to marry a doctor).

Except that Franklin's girlfriend is purely portrayed on how she relates to men that she's dating. Different from Franklin who does relate to women but has his own life ambitions. Also, Petit's reasons of inconsistent character behavior and poor political satire are enough in themselves to weigh down the game. The story was truly awful. There's no excusing that.

#75 Posted by Mario1331 (8826 posts) -

lol @ GS reviewers

#76 Posted by DocSanchez (1629 posts) -

It's politically more righteous for them considering they have spent the last year complaining and whining about the role of women in video games and now one comes out with the same architecture as an 8/10 game and they give it a 9 just because you play a little girl.

#77 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13588 posts) -

now By "exlporation" do they mean more of that tedious scavenging in the main game ? That sucked donkey balls !

#78 Posted by mbrockway (3493 posts) -

Lol, 9spot.

#79 Posted by Slashkice (13231 posts) -

Just finished it in under four hours. It's an excellent addition to an amazing game. I got all the trophies too except for

the Brick fight trophy. Riley grabbed the last brick I was going to use and stole my victory. I CALL CHEATS

#80 Posted by Technoweirdo (7217 posts) -

@Slashkice: Missed four trophies myself. I'm not very thorough. >.> But I'll still gloat over my BRICK FUCKING MASTER TROPHY.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

now By "exlporation" do they mean more of that tedious scavenging in the main game ? That sucked donkey balls !

By exploration, they mean interacting with various objects in the world and observing the relationship between Ellie and Riley as you wander through the mall. Not to say there isn't scavenging though as there is. Two small moments where it's mandatory, the rest for collectibles, points of interest, and supplies (though you won't get many on Survivor).

#81 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13588 posts) -

@ Technoweirdo

Did you just say "Observe" ? In a video game ?

GHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!! :o

also these enviromental interactions had better be good, as in Adventure Game good. Or else.........

#82 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

@Ratchet_Fan8 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:
@super600 said:

So the dlc scored higher than the actual game. Has that happened before on gamespot?

He knows people hate him.

true that.

Only Van0rd is decent here,GS will collapse with its reviews if the one and only remaining Pioneer leaves.

yeah Kevin Vanord is the only good one here, and truthful

#83 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

This was a very emotionally intense journey.

#84 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

A DLC is better than any Wii U game. ZING!

#85 Posted by super600 (30710 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

A DLC is better than any Wii U game. ZING!

Technically it's tied with super mario 3d world on Gamespot.

#86 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6669 posts) -

AAA DLC, More TLOU (one of the GOAT)... SDC

#87 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Just finished it on hard. Amazing job. Gonna go through on survivor next and get any remaining trophies I missed.

#88 Posted by WiiMan21 (8184 posts) -

That was an amazing piece of content. I will for sure be playing through again on Survivor difficulty for any trophies I missed.

#89 Edited by MirkoS77 (7567 posts) -

Probably the best DLC I've ever played. ND knows what they're doing. Damn.

#90 Posted by 2mrw (5011 posts) -

Is it for free?

#91 Posted by hippiesanta (9884 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

Downloading right now.

LETS GO MOTHER*******, I'm ready to cry ;_;

Left behind actually makes you happy most of the time ....... especially ellie's jokes

#92 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Wow...we really are seeing the end of pc and xbox gaming. Amazing a dlc could bring that about.

b-b-b-but expansions shouldn't count!!11

And he's cheering for DLC

LOL

#93 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

@2mrw said:

Is it for free?

if you have the season pass (I think)

#94 Edited by W1NGMAN- (9960 posts) -

I had trouble signing into PSN last night, currently downloading now ... Can't freakin wait!

#95 Posted by Seabas989 (10375 posts) -

Cows are still bitter about that 8/10. I'm not surprised.

Anyways I might check this out later this year.

#96 Posted by Minishdriveby (10005 posts) -

Basically, it got a 9.0 because Joel wasn't in it.

#97 Edited by Minishdriveby (10005 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

His misinterpretation of Joel in TLOU is pretty bad; I'm not sure how he thought some of the things he did.

#98 Posted by millerlight89 (18547 posts) -

@Seabas989: who can blame them. The reviewer botched that review because of the main character. Joel...drug dealer...okay.

#99 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9513 posts) -

Oh well, I was expecting this to get a 10 if the reviewer had been the tranny monster.

#100 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

His misinterpretation of Joel in TLOU is pretty bad; I'm not sure how he thought some of the things he did.

I know right? He comes home late cause he's a drug dealer. Nevermind that he blatantly talks about construction work with Tommy on the phone.

How does he come up with this stuff?