The LAST Game You Picked Up?

• 97 results
#51 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38211 posts) -

I like that Kojima just went full weird with that stuff. Shame he toned it down in MGS4. And it seems like GZ won't be touching any of it. Man, the tone of that game is so serious.

One of the reasons I hate MGS4.

I can forgive GZ for it as it seems to be taking a lot more of the series in a different direction

#52 Posted by freedomfreak (38849 posts) -

Yep, MGS2 is a one of kind when it comes to that. MGS3 still had some cool weirdness though.

And yeah, GZ was serious, but I'm hoping (and thinking) that The Phantom Pain will still give us the lame bathroom humor and cornball stuff that MGS is known for. Even if we have to dig for it.

Sutherland did an alright job, but he's too plain. I know Hayter was getting to be over the top in a comical way, but still. I think we need a good halfway point between the two. Someone like Bryan Cranston or Liam Neeson would've been perfect for Big Boss in his 50s.

I sure hope so, man. Kojima is a weird fella, and we love him for it. And his glasses.

Yeah... Plain is a good way to describe him. It's the same with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and how they replaced Godking Michael Ironside. The new guy isn't bad, just plain. David Hayter and Michael Ironside have pretty noticeable voices. Sexy. Divine. Boner-inducing.

Fuck. Now you gotta go and bring up Bryan and Liam as possible replacements.. Pff.. Would've been too good, and you know that.

You cant go wrong with ether, but Catherine wins >.>

It's the naughtiness of Catherine. Oh boy!

@Desmonic said:

No, I just like my women to not look like I'm commiting some sort of vicious felony to them.. >.>..lol

Oh, Catherine ain't that bad :p

At least they didn't pull the "She looks 12, but she's actually a 1000 YEARS OLD" stuff. It happens, and it's bad. AGREE WITH ME, DESMONIC!

#53 Edited by freedomfreak (38849 posts) -

I can forgive GZ for it as it seems to be taking a lot more of the series in a different direction

Yeah, the whole tone has changed, so I'm okay with that. MGS4, after 2 and 3, pulling that stuff... That ain't right.

#54 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7120 posts) -

Golden Sun on the Wii U virtual console. It's sthooooo guuuud.

#55 Posted by Qixote (10671 posts) -

AC Black Flag from the cheap 1 day sale at Amazon last Friday. $14 for the 360 version.

Sheesh, I must have been away for awhile. Didn't know that it is now kosher to freely talk about pirating games here. . .

#56 Posted by santoron (7648 posts) -

Child of Light is downloading to PS4 as I type.

Last game before that was Tokyo Jungle during the PSN sale. Haven't installed it yet, but I read that it works with Vita remote play, which would be awesome.

Next Game will be MLB The Show next week.

#57 Posted by IgGy621985 (4609 posts) -

Football Manager 2014 last month... I think. There was nothing interesting for me in the meantime. Also I had pretty big car expenses, so I'm low on cash currently, but I'm probably gonna get Diablo RoS this month. Possibly collector's edition, if I find a good deal.

#58 Posted by Desmonic (13209 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

No, I just like my women to not look like I'm commiting some sort of vicious felony to them.. >.>..lol

Oh, Catherine ain't that bad :p

At least they didn't pull the "She looks 12, but she's actually a 1000 YEARS OLD" stuff. It happens, and it's bad. AGREE WITH ME, DESMONIC!

True.

That's usually when I just say: "Well, that's too much Japan for me!" :P I know there must be some sort of cultural and logical reasoning behind their craze of young girls, but it's still a bit too much for me hehe

#59 Edited by Spartan070 (16328 posts) -

Last game purchased: Child of Light

Last game physically picked up: Trials Fusion, the DARK SOULS of platform racing

#60 Edited by Big_Pecks (5240 posts) -

Pokemon X. Yeah, this year's been slow. Child of Light will be picked up soon though.

#61 Edited by kipsta77 (919 posts) -

Child of Light - Can't get around to playing it, not my type of game.

#62 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38211 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Yeah, the whole tone has changed, so I'm okay with that. MGS4, after 2 and 3, pulling that stuff... That ain't right.

Exactly my feelings

#63 Posted by madskills6117 (4021 posts) -

Infamous second son. Plan on getting Child of Light this weekend.

#64 Edited by wolverine4262 (18947 posts) -

Splinter Cell Blacklist and skullgirls.

#65 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24664 posts) -

Conception 2 and Nes Remix 1 & 2.

#66 Edited by Bardock47 (5220 posts) -
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Spyro 1-3
  • Tokyo Jungle
  • Gotham City Imposters
  • Metal Gear 1-4 + Peace Walker
  • Resistance: Fall of Man
  • Dishonored

Got those over the past few months. Alot of them on sale, or from this great local shop I get stuff for cheap.

#67 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10838 posts) -

inFamous: Second Son.

#68 Edited by Gue1 (9468 posts) -

haven't bought a game in more than 6 months.

Although I'm planning on getting Persona 4 from PSN in the coming weeks after I finally beat Persona 3 Fes on hard. 105 hours in right now, I have Lucifer and and bunch of other powerful personas but still can't beat Death/The Reaper. XD

#69 Edited by TwistedShade (3148 posts) -

Dark Souls 2 for PC. Like 30 Hours later between two characters and I wonder where my week went to. >_>

#70 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -

FF A realm reborn, FFX HD vita, Infamous SS and titanfall PC (huge bag of crap)

#71 Posted by pelvist (4586 posts) -

Child of Light for my daughter.

#72 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9407 posts) -

Cell Damage HD off PSN, cuz it was discounted with PSN+

And 4 days later I received GTA5 from Amazon.

#73 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (152 posts) -

Kinect sports rivals and Halo Spartan assault

#74 Posted by wiifan001 (18360 posts) -

Dead Island goty edition
Though tonight I might pick up Need For Speed Hot Pursuit that's $5 on steam

#75 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5682 posts) -

Trials Fusion on PS4.

#76 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3687 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

#77 Edited by stuff238 (611 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 4 25th Anniversary edition. I live in Canada and had to order it from the UK. I only bought it because it has a cooler cover and I am an MGS fanboy.

#78 Posted by princeofshapeir (13638 posts) -

Dark Souls 2!

#79 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6917 posts) -

Hearthstone. Before that, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. Before that, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. All 3 have been really good. Hearthstone has passed FIFA as my favorite online multiplayer game, and it was totally free.

#80 Edited by PonchoTaco (1946 posts) -

Star Wars: Republic Commando

#81 Posted by finalstar2007 (24907 posts) -

Yu-Gi-Oh! Millennium Duels ( PS3 )

#82 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2126 posts) -

Infamous Second Son and Metal Gear Solid V.

#83 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8720 posts) -

The last game I bought and picked up was Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. It's the epitome of a perfect platformer in every aspect.

#84 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Titanfall: honestly love it, issues and all. can't wait for new DLC and modes. Its like playing in a action movie every single match.

Rayman Legends. just an excellent, creative as hell platformer. my son loves it. well done.

#85 Edited by BattleSpectre (5954 posts) -

Don't remember, terrible memory yo. I think AC4 on the PS4...

#86 Edited by Boddicker (2451 posts) -

I bought Fallout New Vegas for literally the 4th or 5th time about a month ago. Oi Vey.

Their better be a Fallout 4 announcement at E3 or I'm going to go apeshit.

#87 Edited by blackace (20086 posts) -

I forgot, bought Octodad too. It's kinda funny, but kinda meh.

After playing the demo, I passed on that crap. I play games to have fun, not be frustrated with the controls. If they offer it FREE on PS+ I may try it again, but I won't pay for it.

#88 Edited by DaBrainz (7623 posts) -

Last game I bought was titanfall. Next game I'll buy is Mario Kart unless I see something on steam before then.

#89 Posted by Heil68 (43285 posts) -

Infamous Second Son for retail and Child of light for DD.

#90 Edited by intotheminx (574 posts) -

I'm trying to catch up to the games I missed last year so I got Tomb Raider last night. I'm only a couple of hours in, but its a lot of fun so far and the graphics impressed me. One I finish that I will get Bioshock Infinite.

#91 Edited by El_Zo1212o (6006 posts) -

@freedomfreak: EDF 2025. Best in the series so far- the perfect brain dead shooter. Lots of weapons, very cool and distinct classes, tons of enemies, giant destructobots. Perfect.

I want to get hold of the Amazing Spiderman 2 in the worst way, but I'm broke.

#92 Edited by SexyJazzCat (890 posts) -

Dark Souls 2. Before that? Dark Souls 2.

#93 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3406 posts) -

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Awesome stuff.

#94 Posted by freedomfreak (38849 posts) -

@freedomfreak: EDF 2025. Best in the series so far- the perfect brain dead shooter. Lots of weapons, very cool and distinct classes, tons of enemies, giant destructobots. Perfect.

I want to get hold of the Amazing Spiderman 2 in the worst way, but I'm broke.

The only thing that bothers me is the performance. EDF2017 was a lot better in this regard.

I got the Ps3 version of 2025, btw.

#95 Edited by ni6htmare01 (896 posts) -

Tecmo Deception IV: Blood Tide for both PS3 and Vita.

#96 Edited by padaporra (3389 posts) -

Metal Gear Rising.

#97 Posted by Roler42 (569 posts) -

Metal Slug 3 (steam) and a friend gave me Teslagrad, should give both a go after gym

#98 Posted by glez13 (8594 posts) -

Dark Souls 2.