The LAST Game You Picked Up?

• 97 results
#1 Edited by freedomfreak (40918 posts) -

I'm serious, okay. IF YOU DON'T MEET MY DEMANDS THE HOSTAGES DIE.

So, simple enough. Last game you bought/pirated?

I got Skullgirls and Child of Light. You guys should know who one of the animators of Skullgirls is. Haha!
It's a cool game, though. Bloodie Marie took some time figuring out. I had the most trouble with the 2nd fase of her, but nothing a bit of timed blocking won't fix. I'm main'ing Valentine, and practicing with Cerebella.

Child of Light is .... Man... That game is cool. It's climbing to my GOTY spot. Yes, yes, it's early, but whatevah.
Also, the soundtrack is great, and made by a pretty lady. LOOK HER UP, if you know what I mean.

How about you lovely individuals? Picked up something worth mentioning? Thoughts?

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

Bought Thief today, Ryse a couple of days ago, and Titanfall about a week ago.

Titanfall is hella fun, and the other two are pretty decent. Nothing groundbreaking.

#3 Edited by Ballroompirate (23030 posts) -

Endless Legend, Civ 5 ain't got nothing on it. So far this month err last month now I bought

• Endless Legend (pc)
  • Diablo 3 RoS (pc)
  • Killzone Mercenary (vita)
  • FFX HD (vita)
  • Company of Heroes 2 (pc)
  • Archeblade (pc) (it was free so w/e)
  • Star Citizen (pc) (bought the $40 pack)
#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

dark souls 2, before that, a pre-order of star citizen (and arena commander).

#5 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17930 posts) -

I bought the original Mass Effect for PC. $5 today at GamersGate.

#6 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

Child of Light, Trials Fusion before that.

#7 Edited by lamprey263 (24166 posts) -

Resonance of Fate and the Miles Edgeworth Ace Attorney game. I plan on starting Resonance of Fate soon since I just got done playing Dead Island Riptide. Playing Project X Zone kind of rekindled my interest in the title, since it crossed over with those characters. Miles Edgewroth game can wait, I mainly picked it up after realizing it was the only Ace Attorney game I've yet to get, and saw it was still cheap so I figure I'd pick it up while I can. I still haven't played Bravely Default though so that'll take priority when I finish SMT: Strange Journey.

Anyhow, good to hear Child of Light is getting such praise, maybe I might consider getting that next time I run out of things to play.

#8 Edited by charizard1605 (58179 posts) -

Does PS+ count?

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (40918 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

Does PS+ count?

For sure. Might as well be "what are you playing" thread.

@getyeryayasout said:

Child of Light, Trials Fusion before that.

Is Fusion worth €20? I love Trials, btw. How does this one stack up to Evolutions?

#10 Posted by blackace (20886 posts) -

@freedomfreak: Does this include digital games as well?

For physical it would be Infamous SS

For digital it would be Crash CTR for $.99 on PS Store.

#11 Edited by locopatho (20375 posts) -

My last 3 games were all on PC:

Titanfall - Best online FPS I've ever played.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Best AC game ever, I adore the pirate theme and how gorgeous are the graphics!

Battlefield 4 - Disappointment. Huge, huge open maps filled with tanks, jets, copters and snipers. I spawn, I jog for a minute, I die.

#12 Edited by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

@freedomfreak: 100% yes. Graphically it's a little less polished than I expected, but the gameplay is all Trials. User made tracks have been really fun, but nothing beats crushing buddies on your friends list. If you end up with the PS4 version, add me. Edit: As for how it stacks up against Evo? Feels like more an extension than any kind of departure from the formula, just what Trials players want to hear. Vroom-vroom...GODDAMMIT! Good times...

#13 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Dark Souls II for PC

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (40918 posts) -
@getyeryayasout said:

100% yes. Graphically it's a little less polished than I expected, but the gameplay is all Trials. User made tracks have been really fun, but nothing beats crushing buddies on your friends list. If you end up with the PS4 version, add me.

Mm.. I'm gonna have to go with the 360 version due to a lack of Ps4 in my household, but your recommendation sounds good. Do the tracks feel different enough? I saw the new trick mechanic they added. Looks pretty intuitive.

#16 Edited by kingjazziephiz (2433 posts) -

Conception 2. Also those "free" psn+ games

#17 Edited by KBFloYd (13809 posts) -

just a few min ago i bought child of light and stick it to the man on wiiU...

i uninstallled child of light already....it wasnt my cup of tea.

#18 Edited by Ballroompirate (23030 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Catherine. Kinda thinking it was a mistake :S I'm still early into the game, but I finding it oh so boring. Will have to start playing it again soon.

Loved that game, I need to pick it up again lol.

#19 Edited by benleslie5 (7876 posts) -

Dead Nation (PS Vita) Actutally got the game for free since I picked up the PS3 version for Free thanks to the Welcome Back Promotion in 2011 after PSN went down for a few months. Dead Nation is now a Cross-Buy game for both PS3 and Vita

#20 Edited by melonfarmerz (1189 posts) -

Got the new Humble Bundle today and played Awsomenauts. Fun as shit.

#21 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5607 posts) -

Last bought - Ground Zeroes.

Last picked up - Team Ico collection (had it, sold it, missed it, got a new copy free from a friend the other day)

Last pirated - Gone Home (This game made me stop pirating all together, I don't like being trolled that hard)

Next to pick up - Child of Light

And I bet you'd be like this in a hostage situation.

#22 Edited by yokofox33 (29881 posts) -

Child of Light. Played a tiny bit so far, but I fell asleep. Not because it was boring, but because I was just super damn tired.

I'll be getting Mario Golf and Kirby tomorrow though.

#23 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@getyeryayasout said:

100% yes. Graphically it's a little less polished than I expected, but the gameplay is all Trials. User made tracks have been really fun, but nothing beats crushing buddies on your friends list. If you end up with the PS4 version, add me.

Mm.. I'm gonna have to go with the 360 version due to a lack of Ps4 in my household, but your recommendation sounds good. Do the tracks feel different enough? I saw the new trick mechanic they added. Looks pretty intuitive.

Edited my previous post.

To me the trick system in Fusion is like nipples on men, it's nice they're there, and you'll play with them sometimes, but they're practically unnecessary. :P They're easy to pull off, and some tracks really cater to tricking. There is nearly an infinite different types of levels, thanks to the user created content. The stuff from RedLynx is top notch as well. Also there's a quad bike that unlocks and it's a total beast. I wholeheartedly recommend this game, enjoy.

#24 Posted by freedomfreak (40918 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner

That was brilliant. I didn't know about that. Really pissed off Rose there. Women, right?

Reminds me of Solid Snake masturbating on the Tanker. I'll never get his codec facial animation out of my head, which isn't all too bad.

#25 Posted by aroxx_ab (10066 posts) -

Puppeteer, Bioshock Infinite, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Little Big Planet Racing...all free with PSN+ thank you Sony :D

#26 Posted by Zassimick (6640 posts) -

If gifts count, then Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for PS4 as an early birthday gift at its release. Game is so much fun.

Game that I bought? Uh... I believe it was South Park: The Stick of Truth, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, or the digital release of Final Fantasy XIII-2.

#27 Posted by freedomfreak (40918 posts) -
@getyeryayasout said:

Edited my previous post.

To me the trick system in Fusion is like nipples on men, it's nice they're there, and you'll play with them sometimes, but they're practically unnecessary. :P They're easy to pull off, and some tracks really cater to tricking. There is nearly an infinite different types of levels, thanks to the user created content. The stuff from RedLynx is top notch as well. Also there's a quad bike that unlocks and it's a total beast. I wholeheartedly recommend this game, enjoy.

Ah, just saw that.

Man, it's easy to win me over with an analogy like that. I almost feel like spending 60 now.

Thanks! Might as well pick it up.

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (17708 posts) -

Last physical was mgs gz, most recent was Deus Ex hr directors cut off steam

#29 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:
@getyeryayasout said:

Edited my previous post.

Ah, just saw that.

Man, it's easy to win me over with an analogy like that. I almost feel like spending 60 now.

Thanks! Might as well pick it up.

haha. nipples.

hilarious as usual get your bottom out.

#30 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5607 posts) -

@freedomfreak:

Ha, just Youtube MGS2 easter eggs some time. So much weird/funny shit in that game.

#31 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

I forgot, bought Octodad too. It's kinda funny, but kinda meh.

#32 Edited by freedomfreak (40918 posts) -
@ConanTheStoner said:

Ha, just Youtube MGS2 easter eggs some time. So much weird/funny shit in that game.

I like that Kojima just went full weird with that stuff. Shame he toned it down in MGS4. And it seems like GZ won't be touching any of it. Man, the tone of that game is so serious.

Not complaining though. I'm interested in where he's taking it. Not to mention the gameplay is brilliant. Messing about in that camp is good fun.

Mr. Sutherland has yet to convince me though.

#33 Edited by uninspiredcup (8943 posts) -

Worlds Of Warcrafts. It's like Last Of Us but with gud gameplay and dragons.

#34 Edited by lostrib (37634 posts) -

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles from PSN

#35 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26886 posts) -

Borderlands 2: GOTY Edition (I got this used)

#36 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16345 posts) -

If it counts, the Burial at Sea Episode 2 of Bioshock Infinite. I have to wait until Final Exams are over before I have enough time to play it though.

#37 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Picked up child of light yesterday for PS4

#39 Posted by Flubbbs (3143 posts) -

Trials Fusion, Child of Light, Divinity Original Sin, Dark Souls II.. in that order

#40 Posted by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

Recently

Infamous:SS - Great game, still havn't finished it but i'll get a back to it eventually.

Diablo 3:RoS - Had a ton of fun with this, some great changes and a much more challenging endgame, though it still has it's problems, it's also the game that made me abandon Infamous:SS.

ESO - As a TES fanboy (and a big fan of MMOs) i don't wanna speak ill of a game associated with the franchise but... it needs a whole lotta work atm.

FFX/X-2 HD Remaster - Played the original an assload of times on both the PS2 and through emulation but i still had to get it.

Dark Souls 2 - Great game, still not quite as good as Demon's Souls imo but oh well.

#41 Posted by freedomfreak (40918 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

I dunno, the puzzles are nice but they're so short... and everything else outside them so far has been "meh" at best.

Bitch. You bitch, you!

Katherine or Catherine?

DON'T LIE TO ME, SON!

#42 Edited by TigerSuperman (2383 posts) -

#43 Posted by Telekill (4705 posts) -

The last I bought was Infamous Second Son. The last I downloaded (which was legal) was Soul Caliber Lost Swords. It was free.

#44 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29383 posts) -

Last few I picked up were Dark Souls II (PS3), FFX/X-2 HD (PS3), and Infamous SS (PS4).

#46 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Dark Souls 2

#47 Posted by freedomfreak (40918 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

Katherine. Catherine makes me feel like a god damn rapist >.> Will never understand the lolita look lol

BLONDES MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE A RAPIST?

So, you like your woman to be all woman, right? I see what you mean. Love-handles, all that. I knew you were a dirty, little sausage, Desmonic.

#48 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5607 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I like that Kojima just went full weird with that stuff. Shame he toned it down in MGS4. And it seems like GZ won't be touching any of it. Man, the tone of that game is so serious.

Not complaining though. I'm interested in where he's taking it. Not to mention the gameplay is brilliant. Messing about in that camp is good fun.

Mr. Sutherland has yet to convince me though.

Yep, MGS2 is a one of kind when it comes to that. MGS3 still had some cool weirdness though.

And yeah, GZ was serious, but I'm hoping (and thinking) that The Phantom Pain will still give us the lame bathroom humor and cornball stuff that MGS is known for. Even if we have to dig for it.

Sutherland did an alright job, but he's too plain. I know Hayter was getting to be over the top in a comical way, but still. I think we need a good halfway point between the two. Someone like Bryan Cranston or Liam Neeson would've been perfect for Big Boss in his 50s.

#49 Edited by Ballroompirate (23030 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@Desmonic said:

I dunno, the puzzles are nice but they're so short... and everything else outside them so far has been "meh" at best.

Bitch. You bitch, you!

Katherine or Catherine?

DON'T LIE TO ME, SON!

You cant go wrong with ether, but Catherine wins >.>