The king of the Iron fist tournament returns.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6971 Posts

Tekken 8

The visual upgrade to this is massive. I've been a huge fan of Tekken since Tekken 3 but have been disappointed in the evolution of the series. This seems Iike it's taking a major step.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39297 Posts

I enjoyed Tekken back in the Tag and Tekken3 days, and that has been a god damn long time ago.

Are they using UE5 for T8? It sure looked like it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

Been a fan of Tekken ever since the first game and this one looks fantastic. Definitely a day one for me.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:

I enjoyed Tekken back in the Tag and Tekken3 days, and that has been a god damn long time ago.

Are they using UE5 for T8? It sure looked like it.

I honestly don't know. I don't think it's UE5 or else it would be plastered all over the trailer but I will say this looks truly next gen. Tekken 6 to Tekken 7 was a much smaller leap then this. It's nice to see Bandai/Namco improving their tech.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56255 Posts

Does anyone find it strange that Tekken 8 was announced yesterday and someone finally made a thread today? Are fans finally done with this franchise or what?

To be honest, I'd be more inclined to pick up a cheap edition of Tekken 7 with all content included right now, instead of buying Tekken 8 base-game full-price and then seeing it getting 3-4 expensive season passes. I sware, if Negan comes back, there's going to be hell to pay!

Anyhow, I rather deal with SF6 at this point.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44333 Posts

@davillain: Nah, it’s not strange at all really given the state of this place. I’m sure that there’s plenty of fans that are still very much into this franchise.

I see the full Tekken 7 package on sale pretty often these days.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Silentchief

@davillain said:

Does anyone find it strange that Tekken 8 was announced yesterday and someone finally made a thread today? Are fans finally done with this franchise or what?

To be honest, I'd be more inclined to pick up a cheap edition of Tekken 7 with all content included right now, instead of buying Tekken 8 base-game full-price and then seeing it getting 3-4 expensive season passes. I sware, if Negan comes back, there's going to be hell to pay!

Anyhow, I rather deal with SF6 at this point.

This forum is made up mostly of PC gamers who would rather play builder Sims. Most can't handle fighting games.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18256 Posts

@davillain said:

I doubt it given that Tekken 7 is the best selling game in the franchise ... Is just that People in this forum is more focused on movie games and companies adquisitions.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts

@davillain: love Tekken, been playing them since I was a wee lad. But you are correct. It's hard to justify buying day one, knowing they will release character packs over and over again... But that isn't just a Tekken problem. It's a fighting game problem. They all do it now.

Tekken tag tournament 2 was pretty good though, I think that was the last one that had all characters included at the get go. And it was a **** ton of characters.

That Being said, I'll still probably get Tekken 8 at launch... Because I'm a sucker and already own Tekken 7 on 2 platforms.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silentchief
@sargentd said:

@davillain: love Tekken, been playing them since I was a wee lad. But you are correct. It's hard to justify buying day one, knowing they will release character packs over and over again... But that isn't just a Tekken problem. It's a fighting game problem. They all do it now.

Tekken tag tournament 2 was pretty good though, I think that was the last one that had all characters included at the get go. And it was a **** ton of characters.

That Being said, I'll still probably get Tekken 8 at launch... Because I'm a sucker and already own Tekken 7 on 2 platforms.

They have always done it. Before DLC they would just re release the games. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear, lots of them did it. At least now you don't have to buy the game again and it doesn't fragment the player base.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

MORE TEKKEN **** YEAH!!

Tekken 3 was my first video game ever, back in '98 (or 97 idk, I was 4-5)

the only franchise in which I played every single game.

Tekken 8 day one baby

EnergyAbsorber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EnergyAbsorber
Member since 2005 • 5112 Posts

@davillain: “Are fans finally done with this franchise or what?”

A thread made the day after the announcement on a dying forum isn’t indicative of its popularity.

As others mentioned, not only is T7 the best selling game in franchise history, but also among the Top 2 with SFV in most viewed and esports earnings at Evo 2022 (most popular fighting game tournament in the world).

In terms of being in the gaming era of DLC, Some casual fans/players wouldn’t mind waiting several years later after the original release for a “best bang for your buck” complete version with all the DLC included. But by then there’s going to be a massive skill gap between you most others that got the game day 1.

That’s for the people who don’t plan to play it competitively and will maybe just play story mode and occasional casual online matches.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

I'm hoping a lot of that footage is some bullshot energy from a story mode, because otherwise we got out first warning flag in that footage which is all that screen shaking on hit/block during Jin's 2,1,3. Could you imagine having to deal with Tekken pressure and all that screen shaking? **** that.

Counter hits in Tekken 7 don't shake the screen as hard as what i was seeing on block in that trailer. That's pretty nuts, and not exactly a stupid idea a video game dev would avoid. In fact, I'd expect a dev to think that's hype. Long term I guarantee you that will get annoying.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

I think the only series which still excites me now is Mortal Kombat.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

Either Tekken 6 or Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was the last great Tekken imo. I can't get with this barebones base game then I'm paying $2.49 for each new character that I want. My favorite character is Julia and she doesn't even come in the base game. Tekken 8 looks great but if it operates like Tekken 7 I'll probably pass on it or buy it cheaper way down the line.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silentchief

I see alot of people bitching about character prices and I get it. I guess I'm lucky because Jin Kazama has always been my main and Kazuya and Hwoarang are my backups and they are pretty much always in the initial roster.