The Kinect has found its road.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Im an authority the likes no one has ever seen in this regard, so take my words strongly. Kinect will be great for the UI, this is innovation in its highest regards. NUI is now apart of the future officially, and I think that will pay off for the MS boys. The 12 min video shocked sonygaf into submission and saw guys like myself and others vindicated. MS is no dopes, Its the game changer, at least here in NA, and that's all they might need. Kinect will get its first AAAE one day and on that day true innovation has been achieved. ill take everything else it gives to me by voice. Xbox show my stuff. What a comeback from the boys in Seattle. Fortazela is next boys and boys. LOVE IT day won xbox one won...

#2 Edited by k2theswiss (16581 posts) -

one day

#3 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

All good on the X1 front.

#4 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3974 posts) -

road to ruin.

#5 Edited by Basinboy (10894 posts) -

Next-gen gaming: all about navigating menus

#6 Posted by BruceBenzing (278 posts) -
#7 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3974 posts) -
#8 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -
#9 Edited by BruceBenzing (278 posts) -

@brucebenzing said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

road to ruin.

The new PS4 slogan

Poor troll got banned and is broken record, how cute.

LOL a coward that's just a sad wannabe calling people names. BTW I was never banned....

#10 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

KInect has been out for what 3 or 4 years now? If they couldn't even make one decent game for it or find any real use for it I don't think a fancier version of the exact same thing is going to help much.

Its obvious game developers feel the same since ryse was all gung ho and being excited over it being a Kinect title, then suddenly they dump it and go with controllers and never speak of Kinect on it again. Even Microsoft only mentions the Kinect in one of two ways 1) "You can use Kinect to turn it on and change channels!" and 2) "We swear to god we wont spy on you with Kinect......but we also aren't saying the NSA wont....."

#11 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Gargus said:

KInect has been out for what 3 or 4 years now? If they couldn't even make one decent game for it or find any real use for it I don't think a fancier version of the exact same thing is going to help much.

Its obvious game developers feel the same since ryse was all gung ho and being excited over it being a Kinect title, then suddenly they dump it and go with controllers and never speak of Kinect on it again. Even Microsoft only mentions the Kinect in one of two ways 1) "You can use Kinect to turn it on and change channels!" and 2) "We swear to god we wont spy on you with Kinect......but we also aren't saying the NSA wont....."

Kinect is most impressive as a NUI, its gaming prowess isn't great I agree, but still some fun experience, and very good for fitness. its a good product and a successful one.

#12 Edited by remiks00 (1485 posts) -

Kinect will only be useful at navigating windows and voice commands. Anything else will just be a gimmick that no one will utilize nor care about other than the fanboys here on system wars.

#13 Posted by Jankarcop (8782 posts) -

Grats consoles, you've almost reached mouse levels of UI control.

#14 Edited by remiks00 (1485 posts) -

@XBOunity: lol the fitness gimmick? Okay, I'll bite. ..

The average person that buys those DVDs still don't work out at home like they should. It ends up collecting dust. Id be shocked if more than 15% of xbone buyers really pay that yearly subscription to the service after the trial is over.

It's cool technology , no doubt. But you're better off taking your ass to la fitness and use real equipment...

#15 Posted by sukraj (21470 posts) -

Xbox One is the No1 console.

#16 Posted by tormentos (16276 posts) -

one day

Another fake one by MS... how many fake kinect videos lemmings most get to understand that teh crappy motions controls suck they suck on PS2,PS3,Wii,xbox 360 and xbox one will as well.

#17 Edited by killzowned24 (7281 posts) -

Is kinect worth 720p games in 2013?

#18 Posted by j2zon2591 (2230 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

Oh "snap"!

#19 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

It works well, but it still won't have any software that makes it "necessary". Great for multitasking, though, sure. Granted, when I'm gaming I don't have a real need to multitask.

#20 Edited by Heil68 (42461 posts) -

I do like the idea of voice commands, I would never use arm motions to navigate the menus and for gaming it's beyond useless to me.

#21 Edited by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Xbox show my stuff xbox watch espn. Football 2013

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149328 posts) -

Eh you won't Kinect to control your TV with voice...

#23 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

And here is its road sign.

#24 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Gargus: xbox show my stuff nov 22nd

#25 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16374 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

#26 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

@Gargus said:

And here is its road sign.

lol. Damn, actually a clever joke on system wars. I like it.

#27 Posted by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

The One

#28 Posted by k2theswiss (16581 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

one day

Another fake one by MS... how many fake kinect videos lemmings most get to understand that teh crappy motions controls suck they suck on PS2,PS3,Wii,xbox 360 and xbox one will as well.

don't be mad, MS knows where the future is!