The kind of game I like to see this generation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by nishanth12 (526 posts) -

1) Quake arena

2) Tribes Ascend

3) Unreal Tournament

I've had enough with these Call of Duty and Battlefield. They took away what's fun about FPS games.

I think the kids this generation just suck on graphics way too much. I mean seriously, the moment they saw a little change of pace in an FPS game, they think it's revolutionary, look at Titanfall madness.

But seriously, I need those smooth 60 frames per sec , high adrenaline rush we used to get in fps games. What are your thoughts?

P.S. don't tell me to buy a PC. That's not what I'm on about, it's the games themselves.

#2 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Buy a PC

#3 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

You're after a style of FPS which is vintage, but with a modern feel?

Cool. Same.

#4 Edited by lostrib (34522 posts) -
#5 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

Arena FPS where map control is key is great. I really wish we would have a revival in the genre.

#6 Posted by Zassimick (6343 posts) -

Well I could see an Unreal Tournament 4 release with the new Unreal engine, and I'd bet money that it will release on consoles. So here's to hoping you get the games you desire!

#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

Sandbox RPGs where there's tons to more to explore than last gen.

Better variety in NPCs and enemies.

No loading times, faster install times.

No pop-ins or screen tearing.

No movement or input lag.

More games that never end, like Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

#8 Posted by jg4xchamp (47368 posts) -

Oh my god I would kill for a proper Unreal Tournament(fuck quake).

Long LIVE UNREAL. BRING BACK UNREAL ;_;

#9 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

id like a game like red faction guerilla,

but in a city,

where you can bring down whole buildings,

and every building is accessible,

sort of like gta

#10 Posted by silversix_ (14076 posts) -

Open world rpg with secrets all over the place. Im so tired of generic rpg's that have ~70 quests in the whole game then there's absolutely nothing left to experience.

#11 Posted by bobbetybob (19180 posts) -

Same, I'm amazed there haven't been any small studios making games like this and getting them on Kickstarter. There was that Nexuiz thing last year but other than that Tribes Ascend is the only old school multiplayer shooter that's come out recently(ish).

#12 Posted by jg4xchamp (47368 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Same, I'm amazed there haven't been any small studios making games like this and getting them on Kickstarter. There was that Nexuiz thing last year but other than that Tribes Ascend is the only old school multiplayer shooter that's come out recently(ish).

And that poor girl is a goner now. Shame as I really like that game. Tribes Ascend was a lot of fun, one of the better F2P games. Just never caught on sadly.

#13 Posted by PAL360 (26720 posts) -

Open world rpg with secrets all over the place. Im so tired of generic rpg's that have ~70 quests in the whole game then there's absolutely nothing left to experience.

I agree with this.