The kind of game I like to see this generation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for nishanth12
#1 Edited by nishanth12 (537 posts) -

1) Quake arena

2) Tribes Ascend

3) Unreal Tournament

I've had enough with these Call of Duty and Battlefield. They took away what's fun about FPS games.

I think the kids this generation just suck on graphics way too much. I mean seriously, the moment they saw a little change of pace in an FPS game, they think it's revolutionary, look at Titanfall madness.

But seriously, I need those smooth 60 frames per sec , high adrenaline rush we used to get in fps games. What are your thoughts?

P.S. don't tell me to buy a PC. That's not what I'm on about, it's the games themselves.

Avatar image for treedoor
#2 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Buy a PC

Avatar image for psymon100
#3 Edited by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

You're after a style of FPS which is vintage, but with a modern feel?

Cool. Same.

Avatar image for lostrib
#4 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Buy a PC

Avatar image for senses_fail_06
#5 Posted by senses_fail_06 (7062 posts) -

Arena FPS where map control is key is great. I really wish we would have a revival in the genre.

Avatar image for zassimick
#6 Posted by zassimick (9760 posts) -

Well I could see an Unreal Tournament 4 release with the new Unreal engine, and I'd bet money that it will release on consoles. So here's to hoping you get the games you desire!

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Sandbox RPGs where there's tons to more to explore than last gen.

Better variety in NPCs and enemies.

No loading times, faster install times.

No pop-ins or screen tearing.

No movement or input lag.

More games that never end, like Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#8 Posted by jg4xchamp (58960 posts) -

Oh my god I would kill for a proper Unreal Tournament(**** quake).

Long LIVE UNREAL. BRING BACK UNREAL ;_;

Avatar image for killatwill15
#9 Posted by killatwill15 (855 posts) -

id like a game like red faction guerilla,

but in a city,

where you can bring down whole buildings,

and every building is accessible,

sort of like gta

Avatar image for silversix_
#10 Posted by silversix_ (25015 posts) -

Open world rpg with secrets all over the place. Im so tired of generic rpg's that have ~70 quests in the whole game then there's absolutely nothing left to experience.

Avatar image for bobbetybob
#11 Posted by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -
@jg4xchamp said:

Oh my god I would kill for a proper Unreal Tournament(**** quake).

Long LIVE UNREAL. BRING BACK UNREAL ;_;

Same, I'm amazed there haven't been any small studios making games like this and getting them on Kickstarter. There was that Nexuiz thing last year but other than that Tribes Ascend is the only old school multiplayer shooter that's come out recently(ish).

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#12 Posted by jg4xchamp (58960 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Oh my god I would kill for a proper Unreal Tournament(**** quake).

Long LIVE UNREAL. BRING BACK UNREAL ;_;

Same, I'm amazed there haven't been any small studios making games like this and getting them on Kickstarter. There was that Nexuiz thing last year but other than that Tribes Ascend is the only old school multiplayer shooter that's come out recently(ish).

And that poor girl is a goner now. Shame as I really like that game. Tribes Ascend was a lot of fun, one of the better F2P games. Just never caught on sadly.

Avatar image for PAL360
#13 Posted by PAL360 (28243 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Open world rpg with secrets all over the place. Im so tired of generic rpg's that have ~70 quests in the whole game then there's absolutely nothing left to experience.

I agree with this.