The Great Exodus (360 to PS4)

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by KratosDrake (44 posts) -

I've noticed on quite a few forums, as well as Reddit, that many 360 owners are jumping ship to PS4.

It's also evident in YouTube posts and the IGN comments section.

Are their any former 360 gamers here who are making the switch to PS4? It seems very common on other forums...

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1pux5h/how_many_of_you_guys_are_converting_from_xbox_360/

http://forums.digitalwarfare247.com/topic/53667-the-exodus-of-our-time-xbox-to-ps/

#2 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10044 posts) -

Youtube comments are some of the worst examples of the internet and what the internet is.

But its easy to see why people are interested in the PS4, it and the Xbox One will be the greatest consoles ever made.

#3 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

never have I seen so much hate towards a console.

#4 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: You'd hope they'd be the greatest consoles ever made... they are the next generation of consoles after all... no need to state the obvious. The topic is more about how people are choosing the PS4 over the xBone 720p.

Gamers are gamers.. we may dislike one another for our affiliations but as E3 shown.. we are capable of standing together when s**t hits the fan. Microsoft have just alienated their core player base and sony is welcoming them with open arms.. as are us Sony fanboys.

Microsoft brought this on themselves... its nice to see people can have an open mind about not being loyal to a company that goes out of their way to fuck you over

#5 Posted by rbamsey (111 posts) -

I am switching as posted before and given my reasons.

Still play my 360, still have Gold.

The 360 will go over to the kids for minecraft and the like when my PS4 arrives.

#6 Posted by Negro-y-Azul (79 posts) -

Yup. Always go for (what I consider) the best console as my main one. NES -> SNES -> PS1 -> PS2 -> 360 -> PS4. To be honest I buy most consoles eventually (have Xbox, PS3, all Nintendo consoles) but those would be my mains. Can't really see myself getting an Xbox One unless they release a Kinectless model for cheaper.

#8 Edited by freedomfreak (38238 posts) -

I always own multiple consoles, so not jumping here.

#9 Edited by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

@bumsonfire said:

Ive been an Xbox fan since the first actual console was created.

I got a rare limited edition Halo Xbox

Then i got the Xbox 360 slim

Now I am getting the Xbox One

I truely love the Xbox ones features and exclusives that Playstation doesnt have to offer, thats why Ive been an Xbox fan for over 7 years now! Fuck 1020p, doesnt make a difference, so shut the hell up you Playstation fanboy's.

In other words: "I'm an Xbox fanboy who lives in denial and think MS can do no wrong, yet MS showed me they didn't care about their fanbase at all when they tried to push DRM"

#10 Posted by Blabadon (25218 posts) -

Pot meets kettle

#11 Posted by Wickerman777 (1110 posts) -

I'm switching to PS4. Not because I want to but because MS's hardware decisions are forcing me into it.

#12 Edited by tormentos (16510 posts) -

The return of the King is near..

If the 360 sold better when it was cheaper and still the PS brand was super strong,imagine what will happen now that the PS4 is actually the cheaper console,i see MS lowering price after a few months,and eating a loss.

#13 Posted by tormentos (16510 posts) -

I'm switching to PS4. Not because I want to but because MS's hardware decisions are forcing me into it.

I will not get one the x box one is everything the xbox 360 wasn't, from many points,it has non of the xbox 360 strong points while having several weaker ones which are important like power and price.

#14 Posted by TheEroica (13043 posts) -

@kingoflife9: you must not have been gaming when the ps3 was released... The day gears came out and scored 9.6 was like a mass cow slaughter that lasted until mgs4 came out. These things move in waves. Sony will do something minimal we xan all blow out of proportion in a few years don't worry.

#15 Posted by hippiesanta (9733 posts) -

I always choose the right religion called Sony console

#16 Posted by shawn30 (4298 posts) -

No moving here. At least nor for the first year or so. Xbox One day 1.

#17 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3674 posts) -

Yawn, i play everything i can get my hands on but for the later part of the decade, i have been mostly a Playstation guy, well if the Xbox 360 did not red ring on me, the story could have been different

#18 Posted by Shewgenja (7947 posts) -

All of this next-gen can be yours for the low low price of $500!!

#19 Edited by Sollet (7209 posts) -

I truely love the Xbox ones features and exclusives that Playstation doesnt have to offer, thats why Ive been an Xbox fan for over 7 years now! Fuck 1020p, doesnt make a difference, so shut the hell up you Playstation fanboy's.

Dafuq is 1020p? You keep repeating that over and over.

#20 Edited by MonsieurX (28708 posts) -

Yes,because forums and reddit = the real world indications

#21 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

I'm worried that all these xboners are bringing their low standards to the PlayStation side. There's no telling what will happen. Sony should have demanded a test period from them before allowing them to purchase a real gaming machine.

#22 Edited by Krelian-co (10053 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

they will sell 60 cars as dlc so im guessing you will have to pay a lot more than $500 for the whole package or enjoy playing with the 5 cars that come with the retail game.

#23 Edited by YD_11 (1573 posts) -

Does it seem like the X1 is aimed more at adults? I don't mean that in an insulting way either. It seems like those of us who work for a living and have to weigh the pros and cons of buying an expensive tech piece are the target. Maybe even a step further, adults with a gf/wife/family etc. There's no question which system offers more and thus the better investment where the other is simply another iteration of a console with improved graphical abilities.

This may not actually be true but it seems from all of the comments here on SW, it's the people who are responsible for themselves and have to make their own financial decisions are the people more prone to get the X1. They have a family or rent or mortgage or whatever else to pay for that their parents won't be doing for them. These are responses i've seen from some getting the X1 is all and I've never seen it the other way around.

#24 Posted by Vatusus (4229 posts) -

It seems you're supporting the xbox brand more out of nostalgia than anything else mate. I too grew up with the PlayStation brand aswell but I can assure that if Sony screwed up with DRM policies and lack of exclusives as much as MS did, I wouldnt think twice about jumping ship. These companies do not deserve our loyalty if they dont care about our needs.

#25 Edited by Krelian-co (10053 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

Does it seem like the X1 is aimed more at adults? I don't mean that in an insulting way either. It seems like those of us who work for a living and have to weigh the pros and cons of buying an expensive tech piece are the target. Maybe even a step further, adults with a gf/wife/family etc. There's no question which system offers more and thus the better investment where the other is simply another iteration of a console with improved graphical abilities.

This may not actually be true but it seems from all of the comments here on SW, it's the people who are responsible for themselves and have to make their own financial decisions are the people more prone to get the X1. They have a family or rent or mortgage or whatever else to pay for that their parents won't be doing for them. These are responses i've seen from some getting the X1 is all and I've never seen it the other way around.

edit. nevermind wont waste time, just checked your posting history, your fanboy is showing.

#26 Posted by gameofthering (9970 posts) -

I think it's people that went from PS2 - 360 and now just going back to PS4.

#27 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16476 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

Well let me just throw your shitastic theory out the window for you. I am an adult making money with two kids and their mother that I have been with for over 20 years and I have no desire whatsoever to own or even play a X1.

#28 Edited by Krelian-co (10053 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

Well let me just throw your shitastic theory out the window for you. I am an adult making money with two kids and their mother that I have been with for over 20 years and I have no desire whatsoever to own or even play a X1.

check his posting history, he's a lem with another dose of bs to this forum, its all lems can do right now.

#29 Edited by Caseytappy (2112 posts) -

I don't care about brands like a twelve year old, I just look at who offers the best package .

Last gen it was MS and next gen it´s Sony for me .

#30 Posted by Gue1 (9157 posts) -

nobody wants to be on the losing side.

#31 Posted by Shewgenja (7947 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

Pretty hard to call a demographic for a product that hasn't sold a single unit as of yet, don't you think?

#32 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

@YD_11 said:

I can go with this. I have a daughter so my choice is limited to either the Wii U or Xbox One for now. May be able to sneak a PS4 in my man cave when the wife's not looking.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (42679 posts) -

I made that journey in 2009 from 360 to PS3 because MS felt the need to drop core and go upwards of 65% casual with Kinect(lol). Up until then I was a MS and 360 supporter, I'm not sure why MS decided to abandon me.

#34 Posted by Netret0120 (1903 posts) -

M$ dropped the ball big time.

Damage control at this point

#35 Posted by Krelian-co (10053 posts) -

they are also making people think its a matter of "click, switch off" and that 10% will magically convert xbone to the ps4 standard. xD

#36 Posted by xxyetixx (1209 posts) -

I have about 40 friends on my XBL I game with often non of them are making the switch to PS4

#37 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

If they had stuck to their guns with the reveal DRM crap, it would be game over for the Xbox brand. The hate was incredible, and in proportions that I've never seen before. Alot of people are still upset about it even after MS changed their policies. They need to regain the trust of gamers, it's a slow process. The casual market is another fiver though.

#38 Posted by -Damien- (5114 posts) -

Lemming is en endangered species, it's getting harder and harder to spot one nowadays

#39 Edited by shawn30 (4298 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@bumsonfire said:

In other words: "I'm an Xbox fanboy who lives in denial and think MS can do no wrong, yet MS showed me they didn't care about their fanbase at all when they tried to push DRM"

Lol, if you'd take even a minute to unwrap your lips from Sony's crotch you might grow up and mature enough to accept that different people like different things. No doubt you're a idiot, but not because you want/worship a PS4. Its mostly what you show us daily in your posts. Honestly, you're the worse kind of online gamer/poster as you never have anything remotely impartial, educated, reasonable, or nonfanboyish to say. Sad.

#40 Edited by shawn30 (4298 posts) -

Great previews from multiple gaming sites, awards from multiple conventions, and wasn't delayed at launch. Thanks for hyping this great game. I think you're turning the corner form that basic little PS3.5. Come on and get the One. Its the only One you need :)

#41 Posted by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@bumsonfire said:

Lol, if you'd take even a minute to unwrap your lips from Sony's crotch you might grow up and mature enough to accept that different people like different things. No doubt you're a idiot, but not because you want/worship a PS4. Its mostly what you show us daily in your posts. Honestly, you're the worse kind of online gamer/poster as you never have anything remotely impartial, educated, reasonable, or nonfanboyish to say. Sad.

In other words: "Suppaman100 made me butthurt and owned me several times"

#42 Posted by StormyJoe (4577 posts) -

I've noticed on quite a few forums, as well as Reddit, that many 360 owners are jumping ship to PS4.

Are their any former 360 gamers here who are making the switch to PS4? It seems very common on other forums...

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1pux5h/how_many_of_you_guys_are_converting_from_xbox_360/

http://forums.digitalwarfare247.com/topic/53667-the-exodus-of-our-time-xbox-to-ps/

Teh cow fud. I have 100 friends on XBL, and two... TWO are not getting an XB1. One is getting a Ps4, one is getting a gaming PC.

Don't make stuff up...

#43 Posted by mems_1224 (45785 posts) -

"The Great Exodus" was when Sony lost over half its marketshare to the Wii and 360

#44 Edited by Netherscourge (16327 posts) -

Same here.

I spent all last-gen on a RROD 360. The last game I bought was GTA5. After I beat it, I moved it to my bedroom and it will now be nothing more than an extra DVD player.

I am 100% PS4 and PC now. Not looking back.

I am DONE with the Xbox.

#45 Posted by super600 (29961 posts) -

Anyone expecting this to be a great exodus will be shocked when it probably does not happen. The xbox one will sell well at launch, but it will slow down a bit because of it's high price after the holiday season is over. Once the xbox one becomes a more attractive product it will start start to sell a lot more.

#46 Posted by shawn30 (4298 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@bumsonfire said:

Butthurt and owned? Are you 12? How you write and express yourself speaks volumes, kid. Continue on hurting mens butts and owning men as that seems like activities you like best. And its all good if you do :)

#47 Edited by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@bumsonfire said:

Butthurt and owned? Are you 12? How you write and express yourself speaks volumes, kid. Continue on hurting mens butts and owning men as that seems like activities you like best. And its all good if you do :)

LOL

Ok pls stop crying now.

#48 Edited by YD_11 (1573 posts) -

@krelian-co @amazontreeboa

I don't hide that I believe the X1 is the better choice. If it were only about power the ps4 apparently wins. Online is big and Kinect functions are good additions to games. Snap and media features are a bonus too.

I'm no fan boy as I can appreciate qualities on other systems. Call it what you want though

#49 Posted by KratosDrake (44 posts) -

LOL That giant cry baby gif reminds me of Xbots when they caught news of 720p COD on XB1

#50 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

@RedentSC:

That first part made me chuckle. I think that every time someone says something like that. Haha