The Glory of PC gaming.

• 78 results
#1 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

You've played Truck Simulator, Surgeon Simulator, Farming Simulator and even Goat Simulator. But someday soon, you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in an innovative and highly-detailed simulation that promises to surpass them all: Rock Simulator 2014.Link: Rock Simulator 2014 is real, on Steam Greenlight

PC exclusive. Suck it pheasants.

#2 Posted by DestinyPS4 (7 posts) -

What an exclusive! How much do they want on kickstarter?

#3 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4794 posts) -

does it have igneous rocks?

#4 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@destinyps4 said:

What an exclusive! How much do they want on kickstarter?

Some soda from soda drinking simulator.

#5 Posted by trugs26 (5501 posts) -

It should have at least some better graphics.

#6 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Can the rock roll down a hill, and can you be a rock that is used as a weapon by some random passerby (1/99999999999999999999999 chance), or a rock on a road that flicks up and smashes someones windscreen... oh the possibilities.

#7 Posted by nethernova (4093 posts) -

Does it have co-op?

#8 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@nethernova said:

Does it have co-op?

Don't know. Ask @Lulu_Lulu

#9 Edited by Heirren (17093 posts) -

Seems like perfect game for pc fanboys all I see are screenshots of grounds with rocks and gravel.

#10 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

@Heirren said:

Seems like perfect game for pc fanboys all I see are screenshots of grounds with rocks and gravel.

Nah tree simulator is better for that, for extreme close ups of the tree bark in exquisite detail with tessellation, fuck the rest of the game trees are where it's at.

#11 Posted by xdrjx (56 posts) -

Awesome. Thank you TC for showing creativity is home on PC!

#12 Posted by thereal25 (443 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

You've played Truck Simulator, Surgeon Simulator, Farming Simulator and even Goat Simulator. But someday soon, you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in an innovative and highly-detailed simulation that promises to surpass them all: Rock Simulator 2014.Link: Rock Simulator 2014 is real, on Steam Greenlight

Oh the console kiddies must be soooooo jealous.

#13 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

I totally get why pc gaming is considered superior now.

First thing this weekend...building myself a rig.

#14 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2460 posts) -

Looks better than Crysis 3.

#15 Edited by hello505 (130 posts) -

Game Of The Year, hands down. The physics are spectacular, the rock actually rolls down a hill. A phenomenon in the gaming industry.

#16 Posted by aroxx_ab (9831 posts) -

PC gaming going strong i see here is another GOTY contender:P

#17 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

that rock is making me horny.

#18 Posted by yokofox33 (29695 posts) -

Can you smell what the Rock Simulator is cooking?

I can. It's the GOTY award.

#19 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

PC gaming going strong i see here is another GOTY contender:P

I'm not going to explain what is wrong with that game when somebody else can do it way better than me:

#20 Edited by Motokid6 (5638 posts) -

Oh my lanta

#21 Edited by farrell2k (6132 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH.

#22 Posted by Krelian-co (10956 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

i thought i was the only one, i have some rock sites that might interest you, they have all kinds.

#23 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27782 posts) -

#24 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2686 posts) -

This is just sad.The state of this industry is just sad.

#25 Posted by SecretPolice (22071 posts) -

PC gaming freaking..... Rocks baby.

#26 Edited by BldgIrsh (2593 posts) -

This rock is by far the most tessellated rock I've seen and do you see the foliage??? Easily new graphics king.

#28 Posted by Kinthalis (5317 posts) -

Day fucking one!

#30 Posted by MonsieurX (30256 posts) -

Pre-ordered the deluxe edition.

#31 Posted by KittenNose (511 posts) -

I know this is a joke thread but this really does please me. The more bat spit crazy games get made, the more and more sure I am that the freaking weird as heck games I adore will keep being made in abundance.

#32 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@kittennose said:

I know this is a joke thread but this really does please me. The more bat spit crazy games get made, the more and more sure I am that the freaking weird as heck games I adore will keep being made in abundance.

#33 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@geniobastardo said:

i thought i was the only one, i have some rock sites that might interest you, they have all kinds.

*Heavy Breathing* yes.yes.yes.yes.yes.

#34 Edited by High-Res (273 posts) -

Hanging on to PC gaming these days is like still having a VCR hooked up in your living room.

The number one argument for PC gaming is "Steam" and all steam wants to do is transition from PC to Steam Boxes. I.e. Turn into a console!

#35 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I haven't played any of those games.

#36 Edited by BldgIrsh (2593 posts) -

@High-Res: You are still generalizing the PC gaming you've done in the 90's to now? Lol.

Hahaha steam? How long ago did you last game on the PC. GoG,GMG, are viable options as well if you just think steam is the only way to game. Then you truly are out of the loop.

#37 Edited by Heil68 (44592 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

#38 Posted by MonsieurX (30256 posts) -

@High-Res said:

@jeager_titan: Hanging on to PC gaming these days is like still having a VCR hooked up in your living room.

VCR are awesome

#39 Posted by High-Res (273 posts) -

@bldgirsh: Well if the shit was half as convenient and fun and simple and worked half as well as playing on Consoles I would still be using PC's!

It wasn't the 90's! I think the last time I dropped serious cash on a PC was when the Age of Conan launched. So that means I threw in the towel around 2008 or so.

#40 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@High-Res said:

Hanging on to PC gaming these days is like still having a VCR hooked up in your living room.

The number one argument for PC gaming is "Steam" and all steam wants to do is transition from PC to Steam Boxes. I.e. Turn into a console!

hmm you are right. Thats why these new consoles are becoming vcr's by copying pc gaming and using off the shelf pc parts.

#41 Edited by lostrib (37024 posts) -

@High-Res said:

#43 Posted by MonsieurX (30256 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Awwwwwwwwwww yeah.

#44 Edited by BldgIrsh (2593 posts) -

@High-Res: Subscription base, software updates, hardware updates, online connectivity, streaming, installation.

Consoles aren't exactly "Plug and Play" type of systems anymore.

#45 Posted by KittenNose (511 posts) -

@jeager_titan: Well, now I have to drink heavily enough to forget that today happened, so thanks for that.

#46 Posted by osan0 (12727 posts) -

the game is going to be something special to play online. the devs have to do online MP for it.

#47 Edited by Krelian-co (10956 posts) -

@High-Res said:

analogy fail. vcr does not destroy blu ray, in fact consoles are the vcr, its easier than bluray!, no menus just insert and push play! who cares if blu ray has a lot better quality, vcr are easier to use!(consolites logic!)

#48 Edited by Krelian-co (10956 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@MonsieurX said:

1080p 60 fps Full AA and AS, AO and tesselation.

#49 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71819 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

Can the rock roll down a hill, and can you be a rock that is used as a weapon by some random passerby (1/99999999999999999999999 chance), or a rock on a road that flicks up and smashes someones windscreen... oh the possibilities.

Yes, the possiblities are endless! Just think if the rock is used in a murder case!

#50 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2460 posts) -

@High-Res said:

Sorry, lostrib. Hope you don't mind me using this