The games of March

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by uninspiredcup (6986 posts) 5 months, 11 days ago

Poll: The games of March (53 votes)

Darksouls II 58%
Titanfall 42%

My friends, March is looming, Two titles spring to mind, one based of a masterpiece that validates console gaming. And one a game the media tells me is good through big adverts saying "this is good, buy it, EA didn't pay us, honest".

Come March, what will be taking up your time?

#1 Posted by lostrib (31905 posts) -

Besides my back log, possibly titanfall. I haven't played any of the Souls games

#2 Posted by sts106mat (18796 posts) -

Lol the thread title could be

THE game of the year...coming in March.

standby for Titanfall baby

Whoooooo

#3 Posted by lostrib (31905 posts) -

@sts106mat: Xbox fans can't be this delusional. Goty? Seriously?

#4 Posted by CTR360 (6870 posts) -

dark souls 2 by far i am excited and ready to die for one of the best games this gen

#5 Posted by sts106mat (18796 posts) -

@lostrib said:

having played the beta for a good few hours......yes. almost certainly in my opinion. I had so much fun over just two maps....i cannot see it failing. there are bunch of modes 16 maps, multiplayer campaign mode, unseen titans. huge monsters. The game WILL be massive. just take a look at twitter to see what real people are saying about it.

#6 Posted by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

Dark souls 2 is all I need for a while

#7 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3490 posts) -

@lostrib said:

No they are, not just here half of them are all saying GOTY...

#8 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3672 posts) -

Dark Souls 2 is a day one buy for me... After playing the Titanfall beta I can safely say no thank you.

#9 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Besides my back log, possibly titanfall. I haven't played any of the Souls games

That i'm surprised at.... Dark Souls is a universally respected game really. You hear about people not liking it, but still respecting it

Surprised you aint had a go of Dark Souls on PC... its pretty damn epic like

#10 Posted by mems_1224 (45826 posts) -

The Souls games suck so Titanfall easily.

#11 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2616 posts) -

No Dark Souls for me. Where is the Infamous love? South Park, Titanfall (PC and X1), Yoshi's New Island, FF X/X-2 HD, MGS V GZ, and Infamous SS day one for me. The backlog will continue to grow........

#12 Edited by blackace (19785 posts) -

Meh!! I got them both pre-ordered. I win. Also have South Park: TSoT collector's edition pre-ordered. I'll be playing that game first.

You need an option for BOTH.

#13 Edited by plageus900 (936 posts) -

Or maybe you just suck at them...

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (6986 posts) -

@blackace said:

Meh!! I got them both pre-ordered. I win. Also have South Park: TSoT collector's edition pre-ordered. I'll be playing that game first.

But I don't want you to vote for Titanfall.

#15 Edited by lostrib (31905 posts) -

@RedentSC: I have a lot of games to play, and not sure I want to spend time on a game that seems to be partily designed to be frustrating

#16 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

I have both pre-ordered. Both will be great games but I am more excited for DSII because of how incredible DS1 is

#17 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2537 posts) -

@lostrib: His avatar's the guy from Ryse... Enough said.

#18 Posted by MrYaotubo (2523 posts) -

Poor Dark Souls 2 releasing on the same day as Titanfall,it´s gonna get demolished.

#19 Posted by blackace (19785 posts) -

@blackace said:

But I don't want you to vote for Titanfall.

Doesn't matter. I'm still getting both games. I voted for Titanfall just because I want that game more. The beta was awesome. Can't say that about DS2 yet.

#20 Edited by aroxx_ab (9151 posts) -

Darksouls 2 will be great but will only last max 2weeks, same for Infamous while Diablo 3 expansion will last whole year or more

#21 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Darksouls 2 will be great but will only last max 2weeks, same for Infamous while Diablo 3 expansion will last whole year or more

Bullshit, the game will launch on consoles first and a few weeks later the PC version which automatically makes your statement wrong.

Not to mention it's a sequel to an almost cult classic game at this stage and one of the greatest ever made, saying it will last 2 weeks is naive

#22 Posted by aroxx_ab (9151 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Bullshit, the game will launch on consoles first and a few weeks later the PC version which automatically makes your statement wrong.

Not to mention it's a sequel to an almost cult classic game at this stage and one of the greatest ever made, saying it will last 2 weeks is naive

You must be bad at the game if you think it will take more than 2weeks to beat a singleplayer game, it will be fun but i see no replay value in it...

#23 Edited by happyduds77 (1375 posts) -

I think I am gonna stick with my PS3 and PC I have lots of ps3/ps2 back logs to play.

#24 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9502 posts) -

Preordered: Dark Souls 2 CE, Blazblue CP CE

Will buy at some point through March: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#25 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@aroxx_ab said:

You must be bad at the game if you think it will take more than 2weeks to beat a singleplayer game, it will be fun but i see no replay value in it...

Dark Souls games have some of the best replay value in any game

#26 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@RedentSC: I have a lot of games to play, and not sure I want to spend time on a game that seems to be partily designed to be frustrating

I agree. I have played but not clocked... its just too frustrating. I do know people that are obsessed with this game and i can see the gratification they get. Honestly.... there are only a few games that i know of that can produce this kind of thrill

Dark Souls

Deamon Souls

Eve Online

Its really worth a stab bud... even if you do what i did and give up, at least you tried :)

#27 Posted by charizard1605 (54540 posts) -

Isn't inFamous also in March?

Not that I care, but still.

#28 Posted by marcheegsr (2434 posts) -

Probably only getting Infamous.

#30 Posted by enzyme36 (1419 posts) -

Reaper of Souls....

and eventually Dark Souls 2 once it hits PC... Is there a date yet??

#31 Posted by plageus900 (936 posts) -

inb4 doritos and mountain dew titanfall double xp weekends.

#32 Edited by Bigboi500 (28808 posts) -

Terrible poll options. Infamous Second Son for me.

@mems_1224 said:

You know, the Souls games don't require skill any more than other games, just patience. It's entirely possible that people don't like them because they don't like trial and error games.

#33 Edited by Sushiglutton (5173 posts) -

South Park: The Stick of Truth

#34 Posted by plageus900 (936 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@mems_1224 said:

You know, the Souls games don't require skill any more than other games, just patience. It's entirely possible that people don't like them because they don't like trial and error games.

I think most people are turned off by the fact that they cant flail their way through the game. If people took a second to get to know their opposition instead of going in god of war style, they might enjoy it more.

#35 Posted by lostrib (31905 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

@plageus900 said:

@mems_1224 said:

I think most people are turned off by the fact that they cant flail their way through the game. If people took a second to get to know their opposition instead of going in god of war style, they might enjoy it more.

there's no flails? sounds lame

#36 Posted by mems_1224 (45826 posts) -

Doesn't change the fact that the game is built on cheap deaths and trial and error

#37 Posted by plageus900 (936 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@plageus900 said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@plageus900 said:

@mems_1224 said:

there's no flails? sounds lame

:D

They have the morning star, which is close enough.

#38 Edited by Bigboi500 (28808 posts) -

Dark made great improvements over Demon's with the bonfires. I hope Dark 2 makes even more improvements. I love the games, but sometimes I lose patience with certain areas as well.

#39 Posted by plageus900 (936 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

Doesn't change the fact that the game is built on cheap deaths and trial and error

Have you beaten either of them? All my deaths in the game were my fault; impatience, getting to greedy with my shots, not paying attention, etc. I don't feel any of them were cheap.

Well, maybe Bed of Chaos was cheap, but I felt it was a pretty good troll on From Software's part.

#40 Edited by uninspiredcup (6986 posts) -

inb4 doritos and mountain dew titanfall double xp weekends.

Gamer fuel son, gamer fuel

#41 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8610 posts) -

I have interest in both Dark Souls 2 and inFAMOUS Second Son for march, but probably won't get them for a while for the following reasons.

-I'm still slowly playing through the first Dark Souls

-One game isn't enough for me to buy a PS4 yet

-I'll probably still be very busy with Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze if it offers me the 80+ hours of content that Returns did.

#42 Edited by mems_1224 (45826 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@plageus900 said:

Have you beaten either of them? All my deaths in the game were my fault; impatience, getting to greedy with my shots, not paying attention, etc. I don't feel any of them were cheap.

Well, maybe Bed of Chaos was cheap, but I felt it was a pretty good troll on From Software's part.

Played a lot of Dark Souls. It was a boring game.

#43 Edited by plageus900 (936 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@plageus900 said:

Why did you play it a lot if it bored you?

#44 Posted by MathMattS (4002 posts) -

Standby for Titanfall.

#45 Posted by mems_1224 (45826 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Why did you play it a lot if it bored you?

To see if it would ever stop sucking. It didn't.

#46 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6630 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@plageus900 said:

What game have you played where you die and it isn't your fault?

#47 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16450 posts) -

In March, Bravely Default (most likely) will be taking up a bit of time, along with Etrian Odyssey Untold, backlog, and HOPEFULLY Dark souls 2 (not sure if I can get it yet). I have a solid back log and am not buying many new games, so not sure where I'll start.

#48 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

Isn't inFamous also in March?

Not that I care, but still.

Infamous

Titanfall

Dark Souls 2

South Park

Thief

All coming next month. My poor wallet D:

#49 Edited by Jankarcop (8871 posts) -

both best on PC

#50 Posted by jake44 (1908 posts) -

@lostrib said:

They are real gems.