The game that challenges Halo 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 snorlaxmaster
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts

Yep. Thats right. The only game that even comes close to chalenging Halo 3 is Warhawk. As we all know, people don't buy Halo 3 for the Single player, they buy it for the MP. And thats just what Warhawk does best. Now i am not trying to say that the beast that is Halo 3 will get dethroned by a PSN game, but i think that this is one of the rare games that really challeges that supereriority.

Discuss. ;)

Fignewton50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fignewton50
Member since 2003 • 3748 Posts
I think it's hard to compare a multiplayer flight sim to a FPS. It's like that SMW to Oblivion comparison, it just dont work.
Shake_N_Bake4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shake_N_Bake4
Member since 2007 • 674 Posts

maybuh, maybuh nawt

idk cuz i havent played either

Shake_N_Bake4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shake_N_Bake4
Member since 2007 • 674 Posts

I think it's hard to compare a multiplayer flight sim to a FPS. It's like that SMW to Oblivion comparison, it just dont work.Fignewton50

wow, how bout we leave the "bashing" to the pros

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts
Too bad that a lot of people want to play both great SP and great MP, and Halo 3 gives you that. Halo 3 will bury Warhawk.
snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 snorlaxmaster
I think it's hard to compare a multiplayer flight sim to a FPS. It's like that SMW to Oblivion comparison, it just dont work.Fignewton50
You know that you land and walk around and drive land vehicles in Warhawk too, right?? :?
Caveman626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Caveman626
Member since 2004 • 542 Posts
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will sell twice as much as Warhawk.......
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Warhawk?.. I'm very, very skeptical.
CrazyyyDylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 CrazyyyDylan
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts

Too bad that a lot of people want to play both great SP and great MP, and Halo 3 gives you that. Halo 3 will bury Warhawk.DuDisNow

QFET that's why alot of people didn't play Shadowrun.

snorlaxmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 snorlaxmaster
Too bad that a lot of people want to play both great SP and great MP, and Halo 3 gives you that. Halo 3 will bury Warhawk.DuDisNow
Duh. I would hope that MSs biggest franchise can beat a downloadable game, but i am just saying that this is the only game in recent memory that even comes close to Halo's MP. ;)
LOKI-RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LOKI-RA
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts
unreal destroy's them both.
ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts
sorry warhawk doesnt even come close to halo3, thats why halo is halo and warhawk is warhawk
deathtrap90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deathtrap90
Member since 2003 • 765 Posts
Im buying Halo 3 for the SP :| Dont get me wrong,ill be playing the MP a lot,but I agree,Warhawk matches Halo 2 multiplayer :)
munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts

i will buy warhawk for the 20 buck headset that comes with it. i heard its really fun*lucky me:D*

ppl will buy halo3 cause its halo...

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 itsallgood29
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

Warhawk is good but it will never reach the kind of popularity that Halo has. To say otherwise makes you look crazy.

Warhawk is not that popular of a brand and never will be. It was a great PS1 game that got a next gen makeover. The MP is also way to shallow to ever become a top online game.

5 maps that all play and look similar...nice for a while but better games will come in time.

legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
the game challenging halo3 !!!!! bedroom with girlfriend HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

Yep. Thats right. The only game that even comes close to chalenging Halo 3 is Warhawk. As we all know, people don't buy Halo 3 for the Single player, they buy it for the MP. And thats just what Warhawk does best. Now i am not trying to say that the beast that is Halo 3 will get dethroned by a PSN game, but i think that this is one of the rare games that really challeges that supereriority.

Discuss. ;)

snorlaxmaster

1: The fact that you think thatthe majority ofgamersthat buy the game only buy it for multiplayer is a huge assumption (and a bad one at that). I think if you ask why most people want to buy the game it's because they want to "Finish the Fight". The story in Halo was epic. And to see an end to it after that cliffhanger in Halo 2 would be awesome. The majority of the people that buy this game will buy it for singleplayer. THEN they'll play multiplayer.

2: Warhawk is out, Halo 3 is not.

3: Halo 3's multiplayer is a much more advanced and improved version of Halo 2's multiplayer. Arguably one of the best console multiplayer ever...and even best ever on any system to some people. Warhawk lacks the diversity in modes, weapons, vehicles, and maps that even Halo 2 has...not to mention Halo 3 which will have more than Halo 2 in every aspect.

4: All games challenge the superiority of other games. They never remain at the "challenge" stage. they either fail or succeed. And the fromer is much more probable.

kankthetank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kankthetank
Member since 2003 • 4212 Posts

As we all know, people don't buy Halo 3 for the Single player, they buy it for the MP.

snorlaxmaster

Umm, NO :|

Sure the MP will be a blast and will last us a long time but the main reason I'm highly anticipating Halo 3 is for its single player campaign.

Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts

unreal destroy's them both. LOKI-RA

co-sign 100%

Alpha-909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Alpha-909
Member since 2007 • 797 Posts
Warhawk? Hhmmph... your kiddong, right? Metroid Prime 3 maybe a big rival for Halo3 however...
Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts
its funny that this thread comes up because earlier today i was playing warhawk and some guy over the mic goes "this is definently the answer to HALO" whether or not he ever played HALO is at this time, unknown.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#22 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I truly question anyone who says Warhawk > Halo 3 or even Warhawk = Halo 3.
UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts

People don't buy Halo 3 for the Single player, they buy it for the MP.snorlaxmaster

Well I'm buying Halo 3 for both the SP and MP, so what does that say about me?

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
They really are very different games. You're better off facing Halo 3 against COD4 or UT3.
Avatar image for ItalStallion777
ItalStallion777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ItalStallion777
Member since 2005 • 1953 Posts

Discuss. ;)

snorlaxmaster

so you think no one is excited for the campaign where we "finish the fight" and the 4 player online co-op?

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts
CRYSIS!!!
slikonebtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 slikonebtz
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts

i never understand why people praise halos multiplayer so much id put ut3 and warhawk way way above it :/

Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts

CRYSIS!!!nmaharg

agreed

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

Discuss. ;)

snorlaxmaster

Sorry but people buy it for both.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="snorlaxmaster"]

People don't buy Halo 3 for the Single player, they buy it for the MP.UltimateRAGEX

Well I'm buying Halo 3 for both the SP and MP, so what does that say about me?

It says you're not a people?
brainiac24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 brainiac24
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts

Discuss. ;)

snorlaxmaster

For god's sake, NOTHING. NOTHING. Will ever be a halo killer. End of story.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I wouldn't dare call Warhawk a flight sim, and not just because you can ditch the flying vehicles and walk on foot. Calling it a sim would be like saying any Ace Combat title is as realistic as Falcon 4.0, which is just ridiculous.
CRYSIS!!!nmaharg
Maybe not in sheer popularity-casuals know of Halo 3, but not Crysis-but I wouldn't be surprised if Crysis turned out to be the much better game gameplay-wise in both singleplayer and multiplayer, especially since I still doubt that Halo 3 multiplayer will live up to the greatness of Halo 1 multiplayer. (And I don't get what's so epic about the plot and campaigns of the Halo series. Maybe it's because those repetitive campaigns bored me too much with their cookie-cutter level design.)
Avatar image for depresedmichfan
depresedmichfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 depresedmichfan
Member since 2005 • 1109 Posts
what i think will give halo 3 the biggest run for the money is ssbb (don't hold your breath though sheep,just because it's the closest doesn't mean it's close)
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts

Discuss. ;)

snorlaxmaster
......im getting Halo 3 halfway for the single player:|.....go to the bungie forums there are alot of people hyping the single player