THE FULL KZ:SF COVER IS REVEALED, 45 GB ARE REQUIRED

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

That's a massive amount, I thought that wasn't required with hard copy of the game .... We are gonna need multiple 1 TB HDD this generation

#2 Edited by Allicrombie (25122 posts) -

if we're getting a 500gb hdd , that's almost 10% taken up for one game.

#3 Posted by Arthas045 (5095 posts) -

How does the remote play work with the Vita?

#4 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

Installs are entirely a good thing, but it's a shame that tehy will ship with small HDs.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (38779 posts) -

That's a lot of caps.

What will I sacrifice for peace? Rico.

#6 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Whether its getting a bigger HD for the PS4 or an external HD for the One, 500 gigs just aren't gonna be enough long-term.

#7 Posted by ristactionjakso (5666 posts) -

Can I finally kill Rico?

#8 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Why is everyone going to steal stories from GAF? This place is just GAF part 2 now but instead of normal people it is full of special needs children.

#9 Edited by Netret0120 (2005 posts) -

500GB won't last this gen. By 2015, 2TB should be standard.

#10 Edited by Netret0120 (2005 posts) -

500GB won't last this gen. By 2015, 2TB should be standard.

#11 Edited by blamix (192 posts) -

Cant wait to play killzone and ac4 on my ps4, sad watchdogs was delayed

#12 Edited by UNcartMe (556 posts) -

Badass cover, too bad I won't get a PS4 until later on :'(

#13 Edited by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -

I doubt it's 45 gigs....

#14 Posted by Joedgabe (5093 posts) -

Wow... it seems Sony is gonna have to use that cloud storage after all.

#15 Posted by Kinthalis (5291 posts) -

Lol!

This entire generaiton consolites kept on bringing up installing games as one of the terribad, worse parts of PC gaming. The gods forfend! You can't just put in a disc and play? you have to spend 1 minute installing to an SSD?!?!?!

And now, it's the best thing since slice bread, apparently.

#16 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

I doubt it's 45 gigs....

It's not .... that's minimum :?

#17 Edited by gamerdude970 (357 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

Installs are entirely a good thing, but it's a shame that tehy will ship with small HDs.

no its not why cant they stream it on the disc like on ps3.

#18 Posted by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -
#19 Posted by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

Can I finally kill Rico?

he's not even in the game. This is 30 years later so he's most likely dead anyway.

#20 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Lol!

This entire generaiton consolites kept on bringing up installing games as one of the terribad, worse parts of PC gaming. The gods forfend! You can't just put in a disc and play? you have to spend 1 minute installing to an SSD?!?!?!

Hermit trying to fit in sighting. Look out!

#21 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

no its not why cant they stream it on the disc like on ps3.

Because it's slower and because mechanical drives are noisy, not to mention that they degrade rather fast..

#22 Edited by Telekill (4343 posts) -

I'm guessing it's actually 4.5GB and that the cover is either a misprint where the period was left out.

#23 Posted by Suppaman100 (3719 posts) -

Why is everyone going to steal stories from GAF? This place is just GAF part 2 now but instead of normal people it is full of special needs children.

Ok, that explains why you're here.

#24 Posted by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman smirks. " ps4 eats 45 gigabytes for breakfast."

#25 Edited by MrYaotubo (2610 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

Lol!

Hermit trying to fit in sighting. Look out!

Nah,its a pretty valid point that you´re just trying to brush away,he has a very good point.

#26 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3388 posts) -

That's a lot of space taken up by just one game.

#27 Edited by Kinthalis (5291 posts) -

I think you guys need to get used to this. And ultimately, PC gamers were right all along. Installing is better. Better performance, better load times.

#28 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5659 posts) -

I thought full game installs were optional on PS4, and only mandatory on Xb1??

#29 Edited by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

45 GB?

That's waaaayyy too big, and not in a good way. A game like this should never be that much.

#30 Edited by Couth_ (9977 posts) -

I'm not understanding why the entire game has to be installed. Maybe they didn't have time to optimize it before the launch date.

#31 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Amazing... 45GB for COD sized maps.....

#32 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

That's full install though. Right? You can still play games from the disc. Why would it be any different?

#33 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

4.5gb people, not 45gb lol

#34 Posted by NFJSupreme (5131 posts) -

lol another reason t skip launch. I'll wait till next fall when the 1TB and 2 TB models comes out.

#35 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9092 posts) -

That just means you need 45GB free on your HDD for caching, saves, video and other things. Like how a PC when full goes all bananas.

#36 Edited by delta3074 (17804 posts) -

I doubt it's 45 gigs....

Could be if they are offering optional full installs from disk, which would be awesome in my book.

#37 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

That just means you need 45GB free on your HDD for caching, saves, video and other things. Like how a PC when full goes all bananas.

Yeah pretty much this.

#38 Edited by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

Lol!

I thought installing games to the HDD on the 360 was worth it. Less noise, less heat, faster load times. Deleting the games was pretty easy too since it was just a disc image. Easier than uninstalling, that's for sure.

But yeah, consoles are becoming more and more like a poor man's PC. (only this time around you're not getting something remotely impressive being sold to you @ a $300 loss.)

Too bad they're only getting 500 Gb on launch day. That's pretty weak.

#39 Edited by CR00K (2644 posts) -

Here we go again. :/

Edit: Oh wait, is it 4.5? Nevermind.