The Forza 5 Review Seal lifts tomorrow. Last call Hype.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: The Forza 5 Review Seal lifts tomorrow. Last call Hype. (122 votes)

The first racing game to get a 10 (unlikely) 5%
An inevitable 9 43%
It will be similar to Forza 4 and get an 8 43%
It will be the biggest flop in Forza history 7 8%
Forza is dead or in critical condition (6 below) 1%

Last call. Tomorrow is the Forza 5 reviews, what will it get? The Seal finally lifts and we can see what is in store. This could be a Forza that is wonderful or a Forza that will kill the quality streak of the series.

#1 Posted by super600 (31007 posts) -

This gamwe will get a 8 most likely. A 9 is not impossible for this game.

#2 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -
@super600 said:

This gamwe will get a 8 most likely. A 9 is not impossible for this game.

Agreed. I'm still going to guess 9.

#3 Edited by lundy86_4 (44112 posts) -

#4 Posted by Heil68 (46655 posts) -

I thought the HYPE was 9?

Anyways game looks great like all forza games. I think it will get docked for lack of cars/tracks/auction house and possibly no night/weather effects, so I'm guessing 8.

#5 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Anyways game looks great like all forza games. I think it will get docked for lack of cars/tracks/auction house and possibly no night/weather effects, so I'm guessing 8.

Foxbatalpha got suspended. He wanted me to say "Hi".

Forza in a 9...........................locked in fo sho.

#6 Posted by SNES_JRPG (8 posts) -

Forza games are fun for the first week. I give it a 7.5

#7 Edited by Vatusus (5089 posts) -

Probably 9. It'll be a full day for lems. The positive side though, is that sheep will no longer brag for having the only AAAE of the gen yet... But we all knew that if any launch exclusive would get AAA status it would be Forza 5. Still not worthy $100 more, sorry MS

#8 Edited by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Think the Hype was 8 the last one, but now the review seal lift tomorrow.

#9 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26189 posts) -

10/10 better than Uncharted and Mario.

#10 Edited by Heil68 (46655 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Heil68 said:

Foxbatalpha got suspended. He wanted me to say "Hi".

Forza in a 9...........................locked in fo sho.

Tell him to join our podcast next week and discuss the X1 launch then. He's more than welcomed and so are you ;) and we honestly discuss things there and have a lot of fun doing it.

#11 Edited by mems_1224 (48301 posts) -

Better than killzone/10

#12 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

Forza is a AAA franchise. I say 9.

#13 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11988 posts) -

10.0, same as Ryse.

#14 Posted by TheEroica (14380 posts) -

9... Forza is the king of racers.

#15 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10804 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Thats what the original hype thread had it as.

I'm hyping it as AAA - even preordered it with my Xbox One. Really though, I think it'll come down to how GameSpot and others look at the package.

Is Forza 5 a racer that focuses on detail above all else or one that in the pursuit for detail has had to remove too much content that didn't make the cut because it wasn't up to par?

#16 Edited by Alucard_Prime (3317 posts) -

Minimum 8, but I suspect a 9 because of a few additional features like drivatar. That's on Gamespot anyways.

#17 Posted by Muffin2020 (534 posts) -

Having less content than 4 and that Day 1 DLC will hurt it.

#18 Edited by Heil68 (46655 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED:

I love the series, my first review(and only :P) was for Forza2. I lost my save files when I traded in my 360 and haven't started F4 over and I still have Horizion in shrink wrap from last black Friday. I'm just a little burnt out on the series.

#19 Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@R3FURBISHED:

I love the series, my first review(and only :P) was for Forza2. I lost my save files when I traded in my 360 and haven't started F4 over and I still have Horizion in shrink wrap from last black Friday. I'm just a little burnt out on the series.

So you played 2 Forza games and you have NOT played Horizon which is NOT a sim, and you are BURNED OUT?

#20 Edited by Cubs360 (3770 posts) -

AA 8.0...and how do you know the Sony fans don't come and skew the voting results?

#21 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10804 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@Heil68 said:

@R3FURBISHED:

So you played 2 Forza games and you have NOT played Horizon which is NOT a sim, and you are BURNED OUT?

Seeing Driveclub gives me a lot to look forward to with Horizons on the Xbox One, because they'll probably turn out being pretty similar to each other.

#22 Edited by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@Cubs360 said:

AA 8.0...and how do you know the Sony fans don't come and skew the voting results?

Because 8 and 9 are tied at the moment of this post.

#23 Posted by Promised_Trini (3635 posts) -

I see a 8.0-8.5,then alts come out.

#24 Posted by PraetorianMan (1317 posts) -

I'm calling an 8.

It seems like the only X1 exclusive so far that doesn't have at least one very serious issue with it.

>This is not an argument related to the PS4's exclusives and their quality [or lack of it].

#25 Posted by Spartan070 (16377 posts) -

Hyping 9.0 still...

#26 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

50% chance it gets an 8

40% chance it gets a 9

8% chance it gets a 7

2% it gets below a 7

Most everything I have heard about it is positive. The force feedback is supposed to be great in the controller, best in class physics simulation (Turn 10 actually had to invent the tire simulation because it wasn't previously known), Drive-a-tar looks like an awesome idea, and that smooth 1080p/60fps that everyone seems to crave.

That said, it may get held back from being a 9 or 10 because it's not doing enough "new" stuff...which is hard considering driving games already offer so much and as a racing simulator, everything about the game must mimic reality which limits creativity.

#27 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2278 posts) -

Definitely a 9, if it's anything below it will be a disappointment.

#28 Posted by Vatusus (5089 posts) -
@PraetorianMan said:

>This is not an argument related to the PS4's exclusives and their quality [or lack of it].

Why is everyone forgetting a little game called Resogun? Is still the highest rated exclusive so far out of the two.

#29 Edited by xscrapzx (6426 posts) -

Agreed, The other issue that it might have in the review process is that, its a racing game. A simulated one at that. I know this may be a bad example, as there probably is multiple things that EA could do to improve it, and that is Madden. Its a football game, besides going outside the box and not trying to mimic the reality of the sport and go arcade based, what other options or aspects can you really add to something such as football? Its really the same thing with Forza.

@Bruin1986 said:

50% chance it gets an 8

40% chance it gets a 9

8% chance it gets a 7

2% it gets below a 7

Most everything I have heard about it is positive. The force feedback is supposed to be great in the controller, best in class physics simulation (Turn 10 actually had to invent the tire simulation because it wasn't previously known), Drive-a-tar looks like an awesome idea, and that smooth 1080p/60fps that everyone seems to crave.

That said, it may get held back from being a 9 or 10 because it's not doing enough "new" stuff...which is hard considering driving games already offer so much and as a racing simulator, everything about the game must mimic reality which limits creativity.

#30 Edited by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Solid 8.

I was gonna give it a 9 but on GAF today it was found that Turn 10 (Greedy fucks) are gonna charge for the extra 6-8 tracks that were supposed to came out at launch. Not to mention they have over 100 cars (As of now) that are coming out as DLC.

SOME OF THESE BETTER BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAVE A BUY ALL / PAY LESS OPTION. Or else this could end up being a really expensive game. I think I am just gonna buy the normal game and no DLC and trade it in right before the inevitable GOTY Edition.

#31 Posted by PraetorianMan (1317 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@PraetorianMan said:

Why is everyone forgetting a little game called Resogun? Is still the highest rated exclusive so far out of the two.

My original argument [what Forza 5 might score on GS] has absolutely no relevance to the PS4 exclusive titles. That's why I put that little disclaimer on the bottom.

#32 Posted by xhawk27 (7488 posts) -

The Best Console Racer Ever....... 8!!!!!

#33 Posted by voljin1987 (891 posts) -

I predict 9.. will definitely beat out Need for Speed

#34 Edited by MajesticShea (730 posts) -

#35 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Wont get and 8 or 9, you have to leave room for the GT6 to have a higher score without being ridiculous. Not many games truly deserve a 9+ rating.

#36 Edited by HavocV3 (7950 posts) -

@muffin2020 said:

Having less content than 4 and that Day 1 DLC will hurt it.

^that.

-Flop incoming.

#37 Posted by Karpetburnz (532 posts) -

im guessing an 8

#38 Posted by princeofshapeir (15034 posts) -

9? lol

8 at the most

#39 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (978 posts) -

I've been following Forza 5 for months now, and I'm pretty confident it'll get a 9. Coming from Turn 10 you know the game will be solid, the only thing keeping it back from a perfect 10 would be lack of tracks, and no inclusion of night/weather. Having played Forza since the first one though, this will be the first one I skip, I can't afford to buy a new wheel for the xbox one.

#40 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

9. I'm not getting an x1 but I wish this game will be successful, it's good for the competition.

#41 Posted by silversix_ (15767 posts) -

copy pasted Forza 4 in 1080p. 8/10

#43 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5127 posts) -

Why have I got the feeling that people other than Xbox fans are hyping it a 9.

Anyway, I think it's going to get an 8. Having half the content will hurt the score, but the new features should keep it at an 8.

#44 Posted by _Matt_ (9307 posts) -

Is this like the 5th Forza 5 hype thread?

#45 Edited by groowagon (2932 posts) -

it's just graphically improved Forza. ain't gonna be enough for more than a 7.

#46 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5127 posts) -

@groowagon said:

it's just graphically improved Forza. ain't gonna be enough for more than a 7.

That's not true. more accurate cars and tracks (laser scanned). Also:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/66249/features/forza-5-turn-10-on-next-gen-physics-and-beating-the-launch-game-curse/?page=1

"For people who perhaps haven't played a lot of Forza before, what's new in Forza 5?

Obviously, this is our fifth version of Forza Motorsport and our first version on the Xbox One, and our goal was to really push what this hardware could do at launch. Racing games have been at the launch of hardware for a long time - think about Project Gotham Racing and Ridge Racer. What we wanted to do was actually build, in essence, a second or third holiday game at launch - have a game that's epic and has innovation and really pushes the console at launch.

So this game's got over 200 cars, they can all be explored in Vista Mode so you can open the door and get inside. We have innovations like Drivatar - cloud-powered opponents that really changes the way the game drives. We have an all-new physics engine. Our new physics as far as the suspension and the tyres in particular really couldn't have been done on last-gen hardware, it didn't have the power. We really weren't doing what we're doing now.

We've got dedicated servers, we've got Smart Match, we've got 16-player multiplayer which is great. And the game looks fantastic: 1080p, 60 frames per second, the new materials that let you see the orange peel in the paint and the irregularities - it looks great.

So there's a ton going on in this game, but I think the thing I'm most proud of is that the racing itself feels totally different. And we still allow you, if you're a sim person, to turn off the assists, turn up the AI difficulty, and the Drivatars are going to race you. And they're not brutal - when you get up to the higher difficulty levels, they're just like you, they're clean and it's amazing. But if you're like my kids, turn the difficulty down, turn the assists on. We don't dumb down the physics."

#47 Posted by immortality20 (7958 posts) -

Since Gamespot has been pretty crappy at reviews last few months, I'd say it'll get an 8 here while it gets 9 on most other sites. I probably won't be picking it up though as I prefer arcade racers, but damn it looks pretty.

#48 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

They really need to add names to each poll bracket it would make system wars way better

#49 Posted by 2mrw (5190 posts) -

AA

Looks good.

#50 Posted by lamprey263 (25209 posts) -

I'm gonna say 10, though I have no love for the series it'd still be amusing for cows to pretend it's a bad game if it scores a 9/10.