The Forest new gif series from nature to nightmare

#1 Edited by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38738 posts) -

Can I pick up those turtles and throw them over great distances?

#3 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2273 posts) -

"Maximum Strength"

#4 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17076 posts) -

What do you think this is? Fucking Mario?

#5 Edited by lawlessx (46444 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

"Maximum Strength"

my thoughts exactly lol

This game looks amazing

#6 Edited by lazerface216 (7452 posts) -

hopefully this comes out on ps4 in the near future, looks really good.

#7 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10204 posts) -

Just learned about this game the other day, and I am very interested in it.

#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (22269 posts) -

I'm 50/50 for this game, seriously not digging the Lost/Decent vibe but the gameplay looks dope.

#9 Posted by Epak_ (6764 posts) -

Looks nice, gotta say that.

#10 Posted by Lucianu (9315 posts) -

I'm 50/50 for this game, seriously not digging the Lost/Decent vibe but the gameplay looks dope.

I've been waiting for this type of a game for years, survive, build, explore, all complemented by beautiful graphics. Minecraft scratched that itch, but this one may satisfy me completely.

Cannot wait, hopefully it turns out to be a great game, and i am very excited about the things they'll add in the future, like co-op.

#11 Edited by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -

This game looks stunning

#13 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

if it was a console title it would be a 4 hour long interactive movie......but nvmind it wouldn't have enough NBA/BET commercials to interest them.

#14 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

I hope this game has an actual storyline instead of just "Survive."

It's really pretty interesting, what the hell is with the deformed looking monsters, I was just expecting cannibals.

#15 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Told throuogh the world or cutscenes and qte's? oh god you people sometimes...

#16 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Told throuogh the world or cutscenes and qte's? oh god you people sometimes...

Do you have a hard on for me or something?

#17 Posted by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

So its just pretty graphics? what kind of game is it? does it even have a story?

graphics are all there is to buy a game now? what has gotten to gaming

#18 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

So its just pretty graphics? what kind of game is it? does it even have a story?

It's much more than pretty visuals. It has a sandbox environment where you craft and build shelters and weapons to survive the waves of enemies that come after you at night time. There is a story to it but a very very minimalistic one because it's a tiny dev team and they can't afford fancy stuff and voice actors and all that jazz. But there is an ending to the game

Also yeah visuals are all that seem to matter, according to the Order threads anyway

#19 Edited by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

It's much more than pretty visuals. It has a sandbox environment where you craft and build shelters and weapons to survive the waves of enemies that come after you at night time. There is a story to it but a very very minimalistic one because it's a tiny dev team and they can't afford fancy stuff and voice actors and all that jazz. But there is an ending to the game

Also yeah visuals are all that seem to matter, according to the Order threads anyway

"It has a sandbox environment where you craft and build shelters and weapons to survive the waves of enemies that come after you at night time"

lmfao thats just sad

even sadder with those only caring about The Order's graphics, story is far more important in a game imo

#20 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

"It has a sandbox environment where you craft and build shelters and weapons to survive the waves of enemies that come after you at night time"

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

#21 Posted by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

It just sounds boring as hell but hey i'll keep an eye on it to see how it turns out and if the gameplay will be fun despite having no story.

#22 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

He's primarily a console gamer, do we even have to ask?

ANything resembling a novel idea instead of QTE movie game is going to be met with scorn by those people. Look at them as the only ones even bashing star citizen its a console gamer.

#23 Edited by edidili (3446 posts) -

I hope it nails the surviving part right. Couldn't care less for the storyline.

#24 Edited by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

ANything resembling a novel idea instead of QTE movie game is going to be met with scorn by those people. Look at them as the only ones even bashing star citizen its a console gamer.

QTE? how many games have QTE's out there to begin with? even if we focus on those two or three QTE games at least some of those games actually get you addicted with their stories and interesting characters, worlds, etc

have fun catching turtles and playing as a goat lulz.. teh master race

#25 Edited by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

QTE? how many games have QTE's out there to begin with? even if we focus on those two or three QTE games at least some of those games actually get you addicted with their stories and interesting characters, worlds, etc

well you can always go play Flopzone or COD if you don't prefer sandbox survival horror games

#26 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

@edidili said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I hope it nails the surviving part right. Couldn't care less for the storyline.

Well yeah of course, I just hope there's more it than say minecraft.

#27 Edited by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

well you can always go play Flopzone if you don't prefer survival horror games

Killzone? killzone is boring why would i play that? its just another boring FPS.

not trying to make fun of this game or any game i just had to reply to him in a similar logic as his since he's always hating on consoles and console gamers.

the game in topic looks great and definitely looking forward to seeing more despite it most likely to have no story.

#28 Edited by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

Killzone? killzone is boring why would i play that? its just another boring FPS.

not trying to make fun of this game or any game i just had to reply to him in a similar logic as his since he's always hating on consoles and console gamers.

the game in topic looks great and definitely looking forward to seeing more despite it most likely to have no story.

Is this the same old stuff you say about COD yet you plan on getting the game anyways.

#29 Posted by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

Is this the same old stuff you say about COD yet you plan on getting the game anyways.

You do realize that was way before the PS4 even comes out right? that was before i even play a demo of killzone ( which was average at best ).

you have no idea how much i regret buying CoD:Ghosts.. piece of shit of a game

#30 Edited by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

You do realize that was way before the PS4 even comes out right? that was before i even play a demo of killzone ( which was average at best ).

Yea man how was knack? You been same saying the same stuff about COD for a long time and still want to buy that shit.

And about the story lol BF and COD hardly even have descent story to them anymore.

#31 Posted by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

Yea man how was knack? You been same saying the same stuff about COD for a long time and still buy that shit.

I'll tell you about kanck totally.. a game that i dont own on a console that i dont own.

i dont get what kind of point your trying to make in here.. wasnt this thread supposed to be about some forest game?

#32 Edited by TheFadeForever (1685 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

Yea man how was knack? You been same saying the same stuff about COD for a long time and still buy that shit.

I'll tell you about kanck totally.. a game that i dont own on a console that i dont own.

i dont get what kind of point your trying to make in here.. wasnt this thread supposed to be about some forest game?

Yea man calling a game sad for having a sandbox environment

Yet you were planning to buy a new COD game even when you said you didn't really like them. A least COD has a good story right?

#33 Posted by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

Yea man saying a game for having a sandbox environment is sad.

Yet you were planning to buy a new COD game even when you said you didn't really like them. A least COD has a good story right?

Um i just said a couple of posts ago that im looking forward to seeing more of this sandbox game but called it sad as it may not have a full on story mode.. thats about it.

totally looking to see more of this game and dude i dont even play CoD in story mode as story in CoD is a joke ( imo ), when i do i actually do it while the TV is silent just to get trophies.

i feel like this entire discussion is pointless :P

#34 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

That looks absolutely STUNNING. Truly next generation right there, I can only assume this is PC exclusive?

Looks like this and The Witcher 3 will be fighting for the graphics king crown:P

#35 Edited by BloodyTides (124 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@finalstar2007 said:

lmfao thats just sad

Why is it sad?

Yea man saying a game for having a sandbox environment is sad.

Um i just said a couple of posts ago that im looking forward to seeing more of this sandbox game but called it sad as it may not have a full on story mode.. thats about it.

totally looking to see more of this game and dude i dont even play CoD in story mode as story in CoD is a joke ( imo ), when i do i actually do it while the TV is silent just to get trophies.

i feel like this entire discussion is pointless :P

If you don't even play the story mode for COD why bother mentioning how important the story for a game is when you buy games where you don't even touch the SP.

#36 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5753 posts) -

sounds like Rust, but with pretty graphics

#37 Edited by aroxx_ab (9219 posts) -

Oh cool hermits get another nice looking benchmark program with zero gameplay

#38 Posted by B4X (3401 posts) -

I hate that damn rabbit!!! You better run!

#39 Edited by CroidX (953 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Oh cool hermits get another nice looking benchmark program with zero gameplay

yawn* troll

#40 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3299 posts) -

if it was a console title it would be a 4 hour long interactive movie......but nvmind it wouldn't have enough NBA/BET commercials to interest them.

Trololololol. Get over it. You have a PC. What do you want? A medal?

#41 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3299 posts) -

That looks absolutely STUNNING. Truly next generation right there, I can only assume this is PC exclusive?

Looks like this and The Witcher 3 will be fighting for the graphics king crown:P

Nah. The Witcher 3 will destroy it. They have world class graphics designers and artists. There will be much more to the game. So technically, TW3 will be much more advanced as a whole. That does not mean to say that the visuals will be that much worse on the forest. They look amazing to say the least. Just not as much going on if you get me?

#42 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Trololololol. Get over it. You have a PC. What do you want? A medal?

It's systemwars, l2p.

#43 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3299 posts) -

It's systemwars, l2p.

Lol. Sorry you SW warrior. You will go down in history as a hero of your country. However, it seems all you do is make vauge claims about PC's being better and how consoles are shit in every single way. So, let me get it straight, Is System Wars strictly for trolls?

#44 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

It's systemwars, l2p.

Lol. Sorry you SW warrior. You will go down in history as a hero of your country. However, it seems all you do is make vauge claims about PC's being better and how consoles are shit in every single way. So, let me get it straight, Is System Wars strictly for trolls?

Im not trolling im telling truths.