The Forest - Alpha v 0.01 Gameplay . Amazing !

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

The game is now available on Steam Early Access . Here is first gameplay footage from this in development build .

Steam Page : http://store.steampowered.com/app/242760/

For Bugs feedback : support@endnightgame.com

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Played it for almost 2 hours earlier. Game needs a lot of work but it has some solid ideas.

There's a shit tonne of bugs in it though and the inability to even save progress so far makes me not wanna play for another while.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@seanmcloughlin said:

Played it for almost 2 hours earlier. Game needs a lot of work but it has some solid ideas.

There's a shit tonne of bugs in it though and the inability to even save progress so far makes me not wanna play for another while.

It is pre alpha what did you expect .? It is version 0.01 , 0.02 will begin after two weeks . It'll be months until the game reaches finished state of 1.0 . Sometimes the game works great and you can see the potential . Can't wait to see how the game turns out in the end .

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58642 Posts

It's surprising to see a early access survival game that doesn't look a mod made by a 14 year old in 1999.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Cloud_imperium said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

It is pre alpha what did you expect .? It is version 0.01 , 0.02 will begin after two weeks . It'll be months until the game reaches finished state of 1.0 . Sometimes the game works great and you can see the potential . Can't wait to see how the game turns out in the end .

It's not pre-alpha, it's public alpha. The full version comes out in 16 days. It says all this on the main menu

The full game was supposed to launch like a week ago but they recently delayed it and then announced it was to be an early access game because certain things broke in the game and they needed time to fix them

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

i like the concept and it looks fun, but graphically this is what you guys have been hyping up?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

i like the concept and it looks fun, but graphically this is what you guys have been hyping up?

Which guys? Good God, if you quote Jankarcorp, people may jump off of high objects.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

It's not pre-alpha, it's public alpha. The full version comes out in 16 days. It says all this on the main menu

The full game was supposed to launch like a week ago but they recently delayed it and then announced it was to be an early access game because certain things broke in the game and they needed time to fix them

You are wrong my friend . The game was always supposed to release as early access , not as a full game .

And full game is not coming out in 16 days . Check again ; As I said , version 0.02 of alpha will be released in 16 days not full game .

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Which guys? Good God, if you quote Jankarcorp, people may jump off of high objects.

janka, cloud, lostrib, too many others to remember

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@m3dude1 said:

uh, when have I ever hyped this game?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lundy86_4

@m3dude1 said:

Specific quotes?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@m3dude1 said:

People actually hyped this game here?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Specific quotes?

Yes please, considering I don't play horror games, it would be interesting to know when I hyped it

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lundy86_4

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Specific quotes?

Yes please, considering I don't play horror games, it would be interesting to know when I hyped it

inb4 "It totes happened, but I forget... Due to the fact that my IQ registers as a vegetable."

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Looks very promising.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I know they said it would be early access but from the trailers it looked like a fully-released game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Gonna wait tell they fix it up with a few patches, hopefully it's fixed by the summer sale.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

This was game always supposed to be on early access.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Cloud_imperium said:

You are wrong my friend . The game was always supposed to release as early access , not as a full game .

And full game is not coming out in 16 days . Check again ; As I said , version 0.02 of alpha will be released in 16 days not full game .

I stand very much corrected. My bad I read the text wrong over the countdown.

That's even better news then, means more time to polish stuff before the final release, I was really worried there wasn't enough time to fix some glaring issues. Biggest gripe so far being enemies exploding when you dismember them

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cloud_imperium

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I stand very much corrected. My bad I read the text wrong over the countdown.

That's even better news then, means more time to polish stuff before the final release, I was really worried there wasn't enough time to fix some glaring issues. Biggest gripe so far being enemies exploding when you dismember them

True my friend . I think full game won't be out this year .

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

just another lazy early scam game

nothing to see here

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

That's the reason why i don't like buying games in alpha. I looked really good, but i want to pay and play the proper version. I know it's an indie game, so it won't get completly polished, but i'm still waiting. It does seem to have quite some depth to it, with the whole infected blood and everything.

Also, the animations on the canibals getting attacked and backing away on the ground. Nice, i like that.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

its fun as hell for a while and its pretty tough, built a cabin yesterday.. its takes forever because it takes alot of resources and having to avoid the cannibals long enough is tough itself. cant wait to see the next update

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Flubbbs said:

its fun as hell for a while and its pretty tough, built a cabin yesterday.. its takes forever because it takes alot of resources and having to avoid the cannibals long enough is tough itself. cant wait to see the next update

A major bug I saw with building stuff is it said a cabin needs like 30 logs and some sticks too but when you actually start building it, it says it needs just 80+ logs.

I also don't like the speed at which stuff is done, you can find rocks,twigs,leaves,sticks,food and logs all around you really really easily. I mean sure it's a forest and there would be plenty of that stuff around anyway but it all feels a little too "at my fingertips" right from the get go.

Natives also attack far too frequently right at the start of the game (for me anyway) and it feel like the game throws all it's bag of tricks at you right at the beginning and there's no build up or sense of tension after about a half hour.

I would love it if it took a "Don't Starve" approach where you had to build your own axe to chop down stuff and it degraded over time needing to be rebuilt., shelters could get attacked and have to be maintained (though that could actually be in the game I haven't seen it) and have more foreshadowing that enemies are coming. It's great in one sense that they just show up because it's very very surprising but hearing distant wails in the night would make you feel a lot more under pressure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@ShepardCommandr said:

just another lazy early scam game

nothing to see here

Posts like this just make me roll my eyes...

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9475 Posts

Looks pretty good. I might have to check it out.

byhzyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 byhzyy
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

awosome game but still need a lot of work

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

its alpha. on release it will have better gfx than consoles, which isn't hard. PC every gen has the best gfx.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Lol a great example of PC exclusives. Buggy money grabs by shit devs.

byhzyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By byhzyy
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

this is an alpha game made by 4 people and it looks very promising

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Erm... seems like the AI is a little bad.

Priapus10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Priapus10101
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

The game visually looks amazing, and the gameplay implements are very intriguing (and relatively unique). Will definitely consider buying this game further along the development phase, possibly when the game reaches beta phase.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Desmonic said:

@seanmcloughlin: You gonna do a video/series about it? Seems like a perfect fit for your really :P Frankie also does some pretty cool series with these survival type games.

Put up a video on it today :P

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

When I can get it for $3.75 (75% off) on Steam, I will grab it.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

Calling devs shit when this is their very first game and have yet released the final game.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

I look forward to playing this when its finished at least with it topping the steam seller they shouldn't be lacking in funds to finish it.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

so its like minecraft + amnesia/outlast?

not a bad combination.

im betting these guys wont execute the game correctly and somebody else will follow up something more solid. (fortnite?)

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

That's the reason why i don't like buying games in alpha. I looked really good, but i want to pay and play the proper version. I know it's an indie game, so it won't get completly polished, but i'm still waiting. It does seem to have quite some depth to it, with the whole infected blood and everything.

Also, the animations on the canibals getting attacked and backing away on the ground. Nice, i like that.

Yeah, same here.

I've been hyped for the game since day one, but i have no motivation to check it out in its current form, because i know it still needs a lot of work. Checking out the video is more than enough to satisfy my curiosity and put the game on hold until it's in, at least, beta.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

Looks great, but I don't buy games in alpha.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lucianu

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Jankarcop said:

@m3dude1 said:

its alpha. on release it will have better gfx than consoles, which isn't hard. PC every gen has the best gfx.

I don't think so some how. TLOU on PS3 looks better. TLOU remastered 1080p will look better than this.

The fact that you'd even think of comparing TLOU, the text-book definition of a AAA in which millions have been poured in its budget and marketing, to an early alpha indie game created by 4 people, is the highest praise you could give these developers.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Maybe I'll check it out when it's finished.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lucianu

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Lucianu said:

The fact that you'd even think of comparing TLOU, the text-book definition of a AAA in which millions have been poured in its budget and marketing, to an early alpha indie game created by 4 people, is the highest praise you could give these developers.

I agree. That is a high praise. And I am happy to give that praise. This game will look and play great at release. But I just don't agree that it will automatically be better graphics than any console game just because it's a PC exclusive.

Ofcourse it won't, it was just an exaggeration.