The face of gaming is white, male and brooding

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by clyde46 (47255 posts) -

Discuss.

#2 Edited by Bigboi500 (30522 posts) -

#DEALWITHIT

#3 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5053 posts) -

And it is how it should be.

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (42333 posts) -

femfreq...freedomfreak...femfreq...free...domfreq...

NO NO NO NO NEIN NEE

#5 Posted by 001011000101101 (4046 posts) -

Stop giving this idiot the attention she craves.

#6 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9033 posts) -

The hell? One of the people in the video image isn't even white, he's black.

And LOL Feminists.

#7 Posted by SecretPolice (22955 posts) -

Momma always said; stupid is as stupid does. :P

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (42333 posts) -
@jhonMalcovich said:

And it is how it should be.

sshhh jhon...sshhhhh..

#9 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4439 posts) -

Woman, just get in the kitchen!

jk

#10 Posted by Heil68 (46421 posts) -

LOL Feminists. Get back in the kitchen and me me a sandwich.

#11 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (17001 posts) -

That's fine with me. The only game my wife plays is Candy Crush Saga. My older sister only plays The Sims on her spare time. It'd be a waste for games with lots of killing to target such a demographic.

#12 Posted by naz99 (1708 posts) -

The worse thing about all this crap i that the moment you start pandering to these people by putting females in the game or people of another race,not because the game requires it but just to hit a "quota" so as not to offend people,it ends up being more sexist and racist than innocently not including them in the game for whatever other reason.

#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9033 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

LOL Feminists. Get back in the kitchen and me me a sandwich.

And make it snappy. I have to go places and I'm hungry. lol

#14 Posted by locopatho (20540 posts) -

Maybe if more types of people went into technology we would have more diverse gameplay protagonists?

#15 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5053 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

And it is how it should be.

sshhh jhon...sshhhhh..

Or dear god, what a good gif. I literally feel it like someone is caressing my head :D

#16 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

As it should be. Gaming is a white man activity. No minorities or females admitted.

#17 Edited by Animal-Mother (27094 posts) -

I have a question for everyone here.

Take a good hard look at yourselves.

Did you ask to be born? Did you ask what gender? What skin color to be born? Did you ask to be born into a financially stable family?

The People trying to fight a good fight in turn have become sexist themselves.

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17173 posts) -

Let the white males have their murder simulators...... If I were a white male I'd actually be more oftended at how video game characters are potrayed....

Whats worse, to be portrayed badly or to not be portrayed at all ? :p

#19 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17173 posts) -

@freedomfreak

You use that gif on other people ? !

I thought I was special.... :(

#20 Posted by locopatho (20540 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

I have a question for everyone here.

Take a good hard look at yourselves.

Did you ask to be born? Did you ask what gender? What skin color to be born? Did you ask to be born into a financially stable family?

The People trying to fight a good fight in turn have become sexist themselves.

I don't get your point.

#21 Posted by Bigboi500 (30522 posts) -

@locopatho said:

Maybe if more types of people went into technology we would have more diverse gameplay protagonists?

This. Whitey with a penis doesn't owe anyone anything. If they want games with minorities, gays and females in more prominent roles in games, those people should be making games instead of demanding things be done for them.

#22 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5992 posts) -

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (42333 posts) -
@Lulu_Lulu said:

You use that gif on other people ? !

I thought I was special.... :(

You're all special :D

#24 Posted by Animal-Mother (27094 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I have a question for everyone here.

Take a good hard look at yourselves.

Did you ask to be born? Did you ask what gender? What skin color to be born? Did you ask to be born into a financially stable family?

The People trying to fight a good fight in turn have become sexist themselves.

I don't get your point.

My point is, the people trying to fight a good fight are the ones becoming sexist themselves.
We don't get to make these decisions I laid out in our lifetime at all. They are pre-determined for us.

But it's ok for a feminist to go on an artificial which hunt against the decisions we do not get to make.

Sarkeesian just heavily practices misandry and loves to emasculate men. In other words she's just a racist towards people who don't
support her artificial which hunt. In other words White Straight Males who didn't ask to be born white straight males.

There's so much more out there you can be fighting for rather than equality in video games. In which we have had more than a handful of
very strong female leads.

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17173 posts) -

@freedomfreak

:( Not Special enough.....

#26 Posted by locopatho (20540 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@locopatho said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I have a question for everyone here.

Take a good hard look at yourselves.

Did you ask to be born? Did you ask what gender? What skin color to be born? Did you ask to be born into a financially stable family?

The People trying to fight a good fight in turn have become sexist themselves.

I don't get your point.

My point is, the people trying to fight a good fight are the ones becoming sexist themselves.

We don't get to make these decisions I laid out in our lifetime at all. They are pre-determined for us.

But it's ok for a feminist to go on an artificial which hunt against the decisions we do not get to make.

Sarkeesian just heavily practices misandry and loves to emasculate men. In other words she's just a racist towards people who don't

support her artificial which hunt. In other words White Straight Males who didn't ask to be born white straight males.

There's so much more out there you can be fighting for rather than equality in video games. In which we have had more than a handful of

very strong female leads.

Ah. Fine. I was confused, as everyone here is mocking her. I thought you were defending her side and asking us why we weren't making old black woman games :P

#27 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

As a black guy it doesn't bother me at all, who cares what race or sex the protagonist is it has no effect whatsoever on the game imo.

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Heil68 said:

LOL Feminists. Get back in the kitchen and me me a sandwich.

And make it snappy. I have to go places and I'm hungry. lol

Yea I bet you have never said that to a woman before....

#28 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26078 posts) -

Should we even care?

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (42333 posts) -
@Lulu_Lulu said:

:( Not Special enough.....

There ya go.

#30 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9033 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@Lulu_Lulu said:

:( Not Special enough.....

There ya go.

*whistles waiting around*

#31 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

As a African-American, I would love to see more game diversity, but I can create whomever Ia want in Skyrim/Mass Effect Trilogy, ect, so that works for me. I'm not shocked by the article, but its not so serious that I'm up in arms about it. More and more games offer full customization and that helps a great deal. How Bioware did it was spectacular to me.

#32 Edited by freedomfreak (42333 posts) -
@speedfreak48t5p said:

*whistles waiting around*

I've done it now.

#33 Edited by Shewgenja (10353 posts) -

I think feminists make it this way. We want to escape from the Hope and Change messaging and actually fly the drones. If Obama can do it, we can have a Playstation controller for that.

#34 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9033 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

*whistles waiting around*

I've done it now.

:)

#35 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3210 posts) -

You're goddamn right.

Now get back to the kitchen woman.

#36 Posted by uninspiredcup (11894 posts) -

A link to the actual video would nice.

#37 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9033 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

You're goddamn right.

Now get back to the kitchen woman.

And this is why the two of us are forever alone. lol

#39 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (15849 posts) -

The face of gaming is batman?

I feel like handing Anita a duster, a mop and bucket and letting her play house keeping simulator 2014. She should do something more constructive with her time than supply us with this drivel.

She'll never find a man at this rate.

#40 Posted by pyro1245 (1071 posts) -

help I can't stop brooding!

#41 Edited by Animal-Mother (27094 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@locopatho said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I have a question for everyone here.

Take a good hard look at yourselves.

Did you ask to be born? Did you ask what gender? What skin color to be born? Did you ask to be born into a financially stable family?

The People trying to fight a good fight in turn have become sexist themselves.

I don't get your point.

My point is, the people trying to fight a good fight are the ones becoming sexist themselves.

We don't get to make these decisions I laid out in our lifetime at all. They are pre-determined for us.

But it's ok for a feminist to go on an artificial which hunt against the decisions we do not get to make.

Sarkeesian just heavily practices misandry and loves to emasculate men. In other words she's just a racist towards people who don't

support her artificial which hunt. In other words White Straight Males who didn't ask to be born white straight males.

There's so much more out there you can be fighting for rather than equality in video games. In which we have had more than a handful of

very strong female leads.

Ah. Fine. I was confused, as everyone here is mocking her. I thought you were defending her side and asking us why we weren't making old black woman games :P

No not at all!

The point is it's wasted effort when it comes to an artistic vision as it is the ARTISTS vision to implement it however in games.
FemFreq is racist and absolutely pointless. I understand gaming is mainly a boys club, but over the last two gens (6/7) we've
seen plenty of strong female leads and characters. Gaming doesn't have to grow up or be this deep inspirational thing. It's meant to be fun.
And FemFreq is going to suck all the fun out of it. Gaming absolutely does NOT need some kind of political agenda behind it.

#43 Posted by clyde46 (47255 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

I think feminists make it this way. We want to escape from the Hope and Change messaging and actually fly the drones. If Obama can do it, we can have a Playstation controller for that.

pretty sure I've seen a video of those drones being controlled by a 360 pad.

#44 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18257 posts) -

Look at all the angry gamers. So angry.

#45 Edited by GamingGod999 (3134 posts) -

Perhaps this is one of the main reasons why I enjoy the Mass Effect series -- the ability to customise your character (whether it be their clothes, gender, or behavioural traits) and have a direct influence over his/hers storyline.

I myself have grown tired of the whole "white, male and brooding" persona that frequently appears in triple-AAA titles; I just wish that major developers would take greater risks with their games (though there are many indie titles on my playlist to get through!).

#46 Edited by Giancar (19069 posts) -

With such a great demand, feminists should start developing games with political correctness objectives.

They will get tons of money aiding minorities...Rofl.

#47 Posted by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

@amazonangry:

I'm a minority (indo american) yet I play games just fine.

#48 Posted by magicalclick (23483 posts) -

I think she just want to be a dominatrices. Although that has been presented in Saints Row 3 already which she should enjoy.

Anyway, this is why I prefer SR over GTA. I get to play what I want. I wanna play a white bear or Latino bear, topless with tattoos in cute leather dresses. :D

#49 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

As it should be. Gaming is a white man activity. No minorities or females admitted.

You're an ass.

#50 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9033 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@amazonangry said:

As it should be. Gaming is a white man activity. No minorities or females admitted.

You're an ass.

Pretty sure he wasn't being serious.