Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

were not gonna argue you here ive used both I Know which one is the best

I know which one is useless in society

I broke it down for any person has yet to buy a next gen machine

pc owners if your using xbox controller on ur pc ur doing it wrong look at this chart LOOK at this chart

the ps4 controller is still king of pc gaming as well

the feature the sensors everything the no batteries just everything

its the only next gen controller available on the market for gaming, im not gonna use a 3rd party controller made by some cheap crap company i go with sony and you should too

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

No. Close though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

No

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ProtossX

@Gamerno6666 said:

No

@freedomfreak said:

No. Close though.

uh what was better ? i can't realistic think of one on the same level as the ps4 controller just way too many features in the ps4 controller that no other one has come with up before

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

@ProtossX: I just prefer the asymmetrical sticks, and the triggers of the X1 controller. My only problem with it is how loud the bumpers are.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

It's pretty good, definite improvement over the DS3. My brother has an XBO controller for PC-gaming and from my experince with it I actually prefer the PS4 controller. The XBO controller tilts my wrists in a weird/uncomfortable position, maybe I borrow it and try to use it more because I still use an X360 controller for my PC gaming.

Edit: You really consider the light bar as a pro? I really hope VR manages to pick up on the PS4 because without VR that light bar is useless.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I'm sure only Sony related products can be taken into consideration as "best ever".

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ProtossX

@Epak_ said:

It's pretty good, definite improvement over the DS3. My brother has an XBO controller for PC-gaming and from my experince with it I actually prefer the PS4 controller. The XBO controller tilts my wrists in a weird/uncomfortable position, maybe I borrow it and try to use it more because I still use an X360 controller for my PC gaming.

Edit: You really consider the light bar as a pro? I really hope VR manages to pick up on the PS4 because without VR that light bar is useless.

oh hell yes when i play at night and i see the lightbar turn into a flashlight or shines red when im taking dmg its just a fun little thing like

why can't xbone do something fun like that?

its great imo

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

Change to "I'm the worst poster ever" and you'd be right.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

The 360 and Xbone (use for pc gaming) controllers are better.

Ds4 is at least better than ds3 though!

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

I like it , it´s not on Xbox 360 controller levels of awesomeness but a big improvement over the old DS, battery life is laughable though .

Strangely enough the bone controller is worse than the old one and MS somehow spend millions to end up with that result .

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's absolutely not. It somehow borders on being the worst PlayStation controller, and considering just how bad PlayStation controllers have been in the past, that is saying something:

• The battery life is shit. This is inexcusable. It barely goes 7 hours. Where the **** is that battery going? Why is it so bad?
  • On a related note, that night is the most annoying feature of any controller, ever. It has no business being as obsterusive as it is.
  • The build quality is shockingly cheap, especially on the analog sticks, which feel like they were picked up from a warehouse stocking excess Chinese condoms and just thrown on the controller at the last minute
  • Speaking of which, the controller ergonomics are trash. The analog sticks are laid out wrong (360 got this right, Gamecube got this right, why does Sony refuse to get with the times?), and it feels small and cramped. Bonus points if you try putting the controller down somewhere and the trigger gets pressed mistakenly.
  • The touchpad represents the biggest missed opportunity of recent times, though at least it gives us two extra buttons via LTP and RTP

All of this said, I do give it mad props for just the sheer amount of things it does- the dedicated Share functions are great, the touchpad is amazing when it is actually used, the speaker output through headsets is a nice feature, and overall, it's just a well specced controller that just about does everything.

It's just a shame it is so shit, though.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

@locopatho said:

The 360 and Xbone (use for pc gaming) controllers are better.

Ds4 is at least better than ds3 though!

This. /Thread.

EDIT:

Except DS2 is also > DS3. And by extention, also DS1.

Holy goddamn DS3 was bad.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

The battery life is terrible and the build quality is incredibly cheap, which I guess is par the course for all Sony products but it still sucks. Gamecube controller and 360 controller are still my favorite controllers.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@StrongDeadlift: I liked the DS3 just as much as the DS2. The trigger actually made Zone of the Enders 2 easier to play imo (unlock, rapid dash).

DS4 isn't as good for pure action as DS1/2/3

I could not use a 360 or X1 controller for games like Devil May Cry.

Asymmetrical sticks don't really matter to me as well.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongDeadlift

@princeofshapeir said:

The battery life is terrible and the build quality is incredibly cheap, which I guess is par the course for all Sony products but it still sucks. Gamecube controller and 360 controller are still my favorite controllers.

This also.

Brb, analog sticks melting off after 4-5 months of average use.

Brb, controller not even wireless considering it needs to be tethered to something if you want to play longer than 2 hours.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I guess they both are good, just preference

I tried both and I liked the DS4 much more but that just my preference

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Lol, keep trying

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

lol, no.

It's an improvement and overall good controller.

But the best? Nah.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ProtossX

@princeofshapeir said:

the features alone outnumber the hell out of 360 controller ps4 is the only true next gen controller for this generation

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@princeofshapeir said:

the features alone outnumber the hell out of 360 controller ps4 is the only true next gen controller for this generation

Not that I am going to endorse this one either, but you are just full of shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

The touch pad is esential to targeting players that are not in your party with mmos. It also opens alot of options for RTS games. People that call it a gimic deserve an NES controller forever.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

another day, another garbage protoss thread, you think because you switched from making bullshit from one console to the other your threads are any less garbage?

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I never liked the placement of the left analog on the Dualshock (any version). Dualshock 2 and 3 are horrendous in my opinion. I bought this for my PS3, the deadzones need work, but it's far more comfortable to me, and I have average sized hands.

I don't own a PS4 yet, but I've had the chance to play it and it does feel better but I wouldn't call Dualshock 4 the best controller ever...

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Yes its the best as long as you buy something for the analogs. The only problem i can think of is the low battery life.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Bonus points if you try putting the controller down somewhere and the trigger gets pressed mistakenly.

This was one thing which made me hate the PS3 controller. I used to use my PS3 as a blu-ray player and if I put it on the couch next to me it would skip half the movie.

Avatar image for xCocoTheMonkeyx
xCocoTheMonkeyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xCocoTheMonkeyx
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

DualShock 4 is no where near the best controller

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

The XBO controller is the best. Followed by the 360 one.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@princeofshapeir said:

so why doesn't it have haptic feedback in the triggers?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Cheap quality really brings it down. The plastic of the controller itself feels like a hollow Easter egg.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ProtossX

@speedfog said:

The XBO controller is the best. Followed by the 360 one.

PS4 > 360 > Xbone

the xbone was de-evolution like a dinosaur turning into a bacteria it just de-evolved for millions of dollars of research somehow de-evolution i dunno how its possible ask M$ and yourself

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ProtossX

@FastRobby said:

Lol, keep trying

did you read any of the facts i posted notice how ps4 has no negatives xbones has like 10 negatives all over the place easy to spot?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Krelian-co

@delta3074 said:
@ProtossX said:
@princeofshapeir said:

so why doesn't it have haptic feedback in the triggers?

because it is a useless feature (didn't even know the xbone controller had it) how about a useful feature, like you know rechargable batteries, you know those things electronic devices have been using for the past decade or more.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Xbox 360 is still the best with Xbox One in second.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@FastRobby said:

Lol, keep trying

did you read any of the facts i posted notice how ps4 has no negatives xbones has like 10 negatives all over the place easy to spot?

Yeah that's ridiculous. Which is why I said keep trying.

@Krelian-co said:

because it is a useless feature (didn't even know the xbone controller had it) how about a useful feature, like you know rechargable batteries, you know those things electronic devices have been using for the past decade or more.

Xbox One has that, Microsoft gives you the CHOICE to buy them or not, some people prefer normal batteries

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

It is a great controller however not sure about it being the best !!

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

The analog sticks are better than the ps3 controller but far inferior to the 360/xbone and even the WiiU pro controller.

When I'm trying to run away or drive my finger is slipping everywhere. Not as bad as the ds3 but enough to notice it.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StrongDeadlift

@FastRobby said:
@ProtossX said:
@FastRobby said:

Lol, keep trying

@Krelian-co said:

Xbox One has that, Microsoft gives you the CHOICE to buy them or not, some people prefer normal batteries

brb, batteries last for WEEKS (even months) before needing to be changed, and dont need to be recharged every 2 hours.

Brb, (cows) "buu buu buu.......you end up spending like 1024078$ on batteries total by the end of the gen"........

brb, an $11 24 pack lasts you a year and a half

rosko123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rosko123
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts

I prefer the 360 one but I like the DS4 a lot more than the Xbox one controller, the bumpers are ridiculous why change what was perfect in the first place? I do think the DS4 is the second best controller I've ever used though, it's not far behind the 360 at all.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ProtossX

@StrongDeadlift said:
@FastRobby said:
@ProtossX said:
@FastRobby said:

Lol, keep trying

@Krelian-co said:

brb, batteries last for WEEKS (even months) before needing to be changed, and dont need to be recharged every 2 hours.

Brb, (cows) "buu buu buu.......you end up spending like 1024078$ on batteries total by the end of the gen"........

i prefer spending 0 dollars on my ps4 i have one plugged in at all times theres no battery issues when im done with one i pick up the other one

the xb1 is a money hogging beast if u leave ur controller on it will drain 2 batterys within 18 hours of use

thats not gonna last a year or a few weeks 18 hours of use an the 2 batteries are dead thats gonna add up i don't care how few hours u game that adds up 18 hours dead

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Krelian-co

@StrongDeadlift said:
@FastRobby said:
@ProtossX said:
@FastRobby said:

Lol, keep trying

@Krelian-co said:

, batteries that last weeks ? rofl after a day or two of use you have to change them on the xbone controller, and then you say the ones on the ps4 need to be charged every 2 hours? hahahhaha, please make more bullshit, you don't look desperate at all.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

'I know which one is useless in society'

I guess the lack of a sexy D-Pad renders it somewhat ineffective in contributing to the welfare of this society of which you speak.

The headphone jack however has certainly had a positive impact on my immediate community. For that, Sony, I thank you for creating such an adaptable hole.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

People always bitch when Microsoft changes something. Probably more so than any other company. After you have realized you're not supposed to hold bumpers the same way you used to (which was by the way counter-ergonomic), you'd know that Xbox One controller trumps the 360 equivalent in every single way.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

Lol. No. Just no. Go and sleep, and once you wake up rethink what you said. Maybe your mind will be clear by then OP. Just maybe.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Honestly, I prefer the Xbox One controller over the Dual shock 4. X1 controller feels so much better, comfortable in the palm of my hands, and it plays FPS better then Dual Shock 4. Now however I will say that Dual Shock 4 is better over X1 controller, is that DS4 is so awesome on any fighting games and it fits perfectly into my hands when I'm playing fighting games, it took me 3 days to master X1 controller when playing Killer Instinct for the first time.

Bottom line, Xbox One controller all the way.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ProtossX

@davillain- said:

Honestly, I prefer the Xbox One controller over the Dual shock 4. X1 controller feels so much better, comfortable in the palm of my hands, and it plays FPS better then Dual Shock 4. Now however I will say that Dual Shock 4 is better over X1 controller, is that DS4 is so awesome on any fighting games and it fits perfectly into my hands when I'm playing fighting games, it took me 3 days to master X1 controller when playing Killer Instinct for the first time.

don't you think its outa this world that microsoft spent 1 million in research on the controller and went with double aa batteries and no microphone jack like most smart phones an tech these days

what they research do u think with the million?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@davillain- said:

don't you think its outa this world that microsoft spent 1 million in research on the controller and went with double aa batteries and no microphone jack like most smart phones an tech these days

what they research do u think with the million?

Na I do fine that the X1 Controller is better then the 360 to say the least. I haven't bought a battery over 11 years cause I get free batteries at my job [AA Batteries] I been using them on my Xbox 360/One Controller. Dual Shock has the worst battery life and Charizard1605 knows it's a shitty mess.

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Go home ProtossX.... You're drunk.

The DS4 is in no way, shape, or form the best controller. The XB1/360 controller are both better.

There's a reason why more people on pc choose the XB1 controller over the DS4.

There's a reason why so many people try to mod their DS4's with XB1 controller parts.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

It's absolutely not. It somehow borders on being the worst PlayStation controller, and considering just how bad PlayStation controllers have been in the past, that is saying something:

• The battery life is shit. This is inexcusable. It barely goes 7 hours. Where the **** is that battery going? Why is it so bad?
  • On a related note, that night is the most annoying feature of any controller, ever. It has no business being as obsterusive as it is.
  • The build quality is shockingly cheap, especially on the analog sticks, which feel like they were picked up from a warehouse stocking excess Chinese condoms and just thrown on the controller at the last minute
  • Speaking of which, the controller ergonomics are trash. The analog sticks are laid out wrong (360 got this right, Gamecube got this right, why does Sony refuse to get with the times?), and it feels small and cramped. Bonus points if you try putting the controller down somewhere and the trigger gets pressed mistakenly.
  • The touchpad represents the biggest missed opportunity of recent times, though at least it gives us two extra buttons via LTP and RTP

All of this said, I do give it mad props for just the sheer amount of things it does- the dedicated Share functions are great, the touchpad is amazing when it is actually used, the speaker output through headsets is a nice feature, and overall, it's just a well specced controller that just about does everything.

It's just a shame it is so shit, though

the battery life is shit because of the touchpad and light bar. both of them are unnecessary(in my opinion ), the only other thing i dont like is the symmetrical analog sticks, they feel cheaply made. i dont own a ps4, i only tried it, and there are so many replacement thumbsticks on the net which really speaks volumes about the build quality. that, said, the xbone controller is disappointing as well, where did all that so called investment go? i liked the x360 controller the best (this the only console i own, just so you know) and the rumble triggers on that controller were fantastic.