The DS4 analogs are horrible compared to the X1 Controller.

• 136 results
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

I disagree.

MS and Sony completely switched places this gen.

I hated the sixaxis/DS3 sticks because they were too lose and 360s were perfect and stiff.

Now, the DS4 has stiff analogs while the XB1 controller is far too lose.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#102 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

I think both stick can be improve. Xbone stick dead zone and feel is not as good as 360, and the material is not comforting after long session. DS4 stick feel good by I am scare of material peeling so I put rubber stick cover I have from DS3.

DS4 better in most feature such as face button, dpad, symmetrical feel best for most genre, r1 and l1 so much superior to XB1 bumper(even worse than 360 bumper) taper DS4 trigger better than thick trigger of xb1, built in battery, functional touch pad, better fit to hand. I think trigger rumble of xb1 is ok but not worth 100 million.

I raff at you all day rong. X1 controrrer feer much better than ds4. Sony make controrrer with stupid right. Stupid right suck. Ps4 big waste money. Go eat chicken firret sandwich. You make ridickerous post.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Yeah the sticks on the DS4 suck... I bought some rubber concave covers for them and they fell much better. Still nowhere near as nice as the Xbone controller, but definitely better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#104  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I don't have much experience with an X1 controller, but yes, the analog sticks on the DS4 are awful.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#105  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@Vatusus said:

They're ok but I prefer the convex design rather than concave honestly. My only real problem with the DS4 is the fact the triggers squeak like hell. I dont know if thats normal for being new or its my DS4 that is defective

It's a known problem, mine has it as well.

Some lube should do, use silicon based (no water) to avoid problems with the PCB, you don't have to open it (it's a pain btw).

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#106 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@getyeryayasout: ok, i just used some lube named kruff and it worked perfectly. The can said it was proper for electronic devices so i hope it wont damage the controller in the long run. As by now though, it did wonders. :)

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@softwaregeek said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

I think both stick can be improve. Xbone stick dead zone and feel is not as good as 360, and the material is not comforting after long session. DS4 stick feel good by I am scare of material peeling so I put rubber stick cover I have from DS3.

DS4 better in most feature such as face button, dpad, symmetrical feel best for most genre, r1 and l1 so much superior to XB1 bumper(even worse than 360 bumper) taper DS4 trigger better than thick trigger of xb1, built in battery, functional touch pad, better fit to hand. I think trigger rumble of xb1 is ok but not worth 100 million.

I raff at you all day rong. X1 controrrer feer much better than ds4. Sony make controrrer with stupid right. Stupid right suck. Ps4 big waste money. Go eat chicken firret sandwich. You make ridickerous post.

Why lem so bitter. MS waste 100 million of mad catz design. Should have save money and put 360 controller an no AA battery, fix dpad, flatter face button, steal bumper design from dualshock, and make bigger trigger for rumble gimmick. Controller will still not be good as DS4, but come closer than shit XB1 pad.

Do not scared of using normal account next time silly lem. Unless you are ban.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@22Toothpicks said:

And while we're on the subject the X1 controller d-pad is horrendous. I never thought it would be possible for MS to make a d-pad worse then the 360's.

maybe so... but analogs are used alot more than the d pad. the analogs should be one of the best features of a controller. sadly the DS4 is compeltely sub par for shooters. and as I stress again, its BIGGEST genre these days too. its awful.

I'm tempted to wait for the PC version of destiny... the DS4 is just incredibly poor for it. and I've never been that badly effected by different controller types in the past.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@softwaregeek said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Why lem so bitter. MS waste 100 million of mad catz design. Should have save money and put 360 controller an no AA battery, fix dpad, flatter face button, steal bumper design from dualshock, and make bigger trigger for rumble gimmick. Controller will still not be good as DS4, but come closer than shit XB1 pad.

No no. I not scare. I use normar account. Why you so stupid? Everyone here say XB1 better. You onry one not think so. Too bad. Must be har fo yew make new friend. That why you play ps4? cuz you don't need X1 online capabilrity. X1 caddirrac fo onrine pray. Ps4 burrshit datsun. have fun with datsun. by now.

Avatar image for xMessiahbolical
xMessiahbolical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By xMessiahbolical
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

It's extremely easy to pop out the analog sticks of one controller and put them in another. If you like XB1 analogs so much just get some XB1 analogs and open up your PS4 controller and pop out the analogs and pop in the XB1 ones. Will probably take you 15-20 mins tops and cost you $5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H3-2x-Black-Replacement-Analog-Thumb-Stick-For-Microsoft-Xbox-One-Controller-/301253111442?_trksid=p2054897.l5658

There you go

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Posted this picture about 2-3 months ago (it is worse now). This is MY controller and I took this pic.

The rubber has already started melting off of the right analogue stick.

According to this video, Sony recently issued a stealth-revision of the Dualshock 4, where the analogue sticks no longer have rubber on them, but are one piece of plastic (that is textured to look/feel like the original design).

Loading Video...

From what I've used of the Xbox One controller, it is definately one of the best controllers I've ever used, however, the Dualshock 4 is a massive improvement over the DS3, by virtue of it actually being useable. Holy **** the DS3 is so awful. One of my friends who games, but does not pay attention to gaming forums/media agreed with me that the Dualshock 3 felt like a bad chinese knockoff of the Dualshock 2. I cant even subject myself to playing PS3 anymore because of that shit.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

buy some X1 analogs and put them on the DS4.. they fit

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

Best of both worlds.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi: I dont understand why people have problems with the XB1 using AA batteries. I actually prefer this, as I am NEVER tethered to a charging point with my controller. I use rechargeable AA batteries and they last me several days of high use (at least 4 hours of gaming each night).

I am not sure what it costs to replace the battery inside the DS4 but surely it can not be as cheap (or easy) as rechargeable AA batteries

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

I don't have an issue with either controller. Hell, the Wii U gamepad works fine as well.

Lol fanboys..

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#117  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Well what would you expect, Sony uses cheap parts to build their HW.

The PS4 squeaks just by looking at it.

Now you know where the $400 price cane from

Yeah, by not including a goofy little camera in the box. roflol

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

How is that related to what I said about Sony using cheap parts?

Just look how ugly the DS4 is, it looks like cheap Chinese garbage invention next to the XO controller:

Those speaker's holes lol

Add to that the amount of complains of thumb-sticks melting and squeaky triggers + poor battery life.

Xboner controller doesnt even have built-in batteries...AA-batteries lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lmao imagine having an issue with analogue stick placement in this day and age.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts
Loading Video...

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@b4x said:
Loading Video...

Now you talking, now put the other foot out of the closet as well.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts
Loading Video...

The answer :

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By regnaston

@aroxx_ab said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

Just look how ugly the DS4 is, it looks like cheap Chinese garbage invention next to the XO controller:

Add to that the amount of complains of thumb-sticks melting and squeaky triggers + poor battery life.

Like I said upthread... I have no issue with AA's in fact I prefer them as I dont have to tether to the console when battery is running low. I use rechargeable AA's which cost 10.97 at Walmart for 4.

I dont know what it would cost to replace the one inside your DS4 .. probably alot more than $11

edit: and my AA's last a few days between recharge

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@regnaston said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

Like I said upthread... I have no issue with AA's in fact I prefer them as I dont have to tether to the console when battery is running low. I use rechargeable AA's which cost 10.97 at Walmart for 4.

I dont know what it would cost to replace the one inside your DS4 .. probably alot more than $11

I don't know what it would cost either. I don't know what it would cost to get a new battery for a ds3 either because I never needed one. And all I do is just recharge when I'm not playing and the battery is going to last more than long enough whenever I'm using it.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 regnaston

@handssss said:

@regnaston said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

I don't know what it would cost either. I don't know what it would cost to get a new battery for a ds3 either because I never needed one. And all I do is just recharge when I'm not playing and the battery is going to last more than long enough whenever I'm using it.

I found some on ebay for about $9 from China (not sure of the quality.. I have had some pretty crappy batteries from China)

The replacement process is a bit of a pain too

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/DualShock+4+Battery+Replacement/22074

That said, I have no issue with AA's. Some prefer the built in and that is fine...but the XB1 having AA's is not a "Fail" moment

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Oh yes. Lets do compare. :->

What a fail the Bone controller is. Look at those dead zones. Complete trash.

DS4 greatest controller ever made.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@regnaston said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

@ReadingRainbow4:

Kinda early to say about DS4 but my DS3-battery from day one still works fine, dont need to change. I think you break the controller faster than battery getting so bad you cant charge it...

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 regnaston

@amazonangry: The guy showed that it worked fine in Titanfall..so therefore it is not the controller that is the issue, it is the Developer of the game not optimizing the game to use the micromovements with the controller

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@MBirdy88: Agreed everything about PS4 is excellent except the controller. Microsoft controller is the best controller that I have ever used or seen for that matter.

filben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 filben
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Neither controller is perfect.

This. I couldn't say which I like better. That applies to the last gen and the recent one. I liked the smooth input of the PS3 analog sticks better. The X360 ones feels a bit "sticky" (please note that I'm talking about minimum facets by moving the sticks barely a few millimetres). But I really prefer the position of them on the Xbox controller.

The L2 and R2 triggers were the biggest fail. Not only that the lowest point at maxium input is a lot lower than on the Xbox pad and therefore favours slipping off, no, Sony did everything they could to make you slip by also make them curved downside (and the "soft" feedback at maximum input is also annoying). The distance from the lowest point of the right handle to the X-button is so short I really have to cramp to keep pushing R2 (racing games) and hitting the X-button (to shift). But the battery of the PS3 controller is more appropriate for a stationary console. No need for fiddling with batteries. Just plug in the USB cable. Now with the DS4 they changed two downsides: The shoulder buttons and the length of the handles, although the Xbox pad still have slightly longer handles. The whole DS4 feel very robust and high quality. Unfortunately you see deficiency signs very soon at the shoulder buttons and the analog stick's grip. And I think the sticks got slightly worse over the DS3. The DS4 one's sometimes tend to be "snappy". You move them, the ingame camera slowly moves, too, than you want to increase the input just a little further and the ingame input/camera snapps right over your target. Never happened THAT "snappy" with DS3. I think it's due to the smaller sticks and its smaller bearing. But keep in my mind that it's really complaining on a high profile after hundres of hours of singleplayer and multiplayer sessions and different kinds of controller (I have several controllers of each console to exclude one flawed controller from my observations)
The XOne pad, however, seems rock solid. Haven't found anything negative yet apart from the D-pad (I like the "seperation" of the DS better, but that's just personal preference. I think I have better feedback with them).

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#132  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Nothing compares to the X1 controller...best controller ever.

yep i totally agree i love the xbox controller too

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 regnaston

I honestly have not used the PS4 controller enough to compare (just tried it several times at EB Games/GameStop)

I do like the XB1 controller and have few complaints about how it feels in my hands

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi

@softwaregeek said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@softwaregeek said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

No no. I not scare. I use normar account. Why you so stupid? Everyone here say XB1 better. You onry one not think so. Too bad. Must be har fo yew make new friend. That why you play ps4? cuz you don't need X1 online capabilrity. X1 caddirrac fo onrine pray. Ps4 burrshit datsun. have fun with datsun. by now.

No, alt account lem. Every internet say DS4 best, only bitter lem disagree. Cry too much princess. I make plenty friend, so many xbro jump ship from dying xbox brand to ps4. TLHBO. Japan car is best for reliable quality and sale, American car have no brakes. Ouch, cry now.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

LOL wut? X1 controller is the weaker of the two. Just like the consoles.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Mr-Kutaragi

@regnaston said:

@Mr-Kutaragi: I dont understand why people have problems with the XB1 using AA batteries. I actually prefer this, as I am NEVER tethered to a charging point with my controller. I use rechargeable AA batteries and they last me several days of high use (at least 4 hours of gaming each night).

I am not sure what it costs to replace the battery inside the DS4 but surely it can not be as cheap (or easy) as rechargeable AA batteries

Do you stick AA battery in Ipad? Stick battery in Iphone? It cheap design, inconvenient, lazy. My ps4 controller never die when I play, and can charge while playing if does, charges fast and take cord back out. No searching for AA battery, making sure backup in charger...

I never need to change the battery in my DS3 controller for 8 year now. DS4 is new so not issue yet. The battery are inexpensive if there is malfunction, sony usually replace or if you will not wait you can do yourself with video guide.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 regnaston

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@regnaston said:

Do you stick AA battery in Ipad? Stick battery in Iphone? It cheap design, inconvenient, lazy. My ps4 controller never die when I play, and can charge while playing if does, charges fast and take cord back out. No searching for AA battery, making sure backup in charger...

I never need to change the battery in my DS3 controller for 8 year now. DS4 is new so not issue yet. The battery are inexpensive if there is malfunction, sony usually replace or if you will not wait you can do yourself with video guide.

Ipad and Iphone.. not the same tech buddy.. nice try though

Like I said I dont want to be tethered at all

And for your comment about finding the batteries..I can say the same thing about you finding the charge cord. I assume you keep it in the same spot all the time?? Well so do I with the batteries and recharger.