The Division beta version PC vs. PS4 vs. Xbox One Graphics Comparison

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Just gonna post this here incase someone hasnt seen it yet.

PS: Those poor buildings

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Going to use my powers to guess the PC version is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

So. PC version best, console versions near identical, and we likely still hear cows claim the PS4 version is better then the X1 version, while pretending the PC version don't exist. Yeah, sounds about right.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin said:

So. PC version best, console versions near identical, and we likely still hear cows claim the PS4 version is better then the X1 version, while pretending the PC version don't exist. Yeah, sounds about right.

Business as usual on SW street.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I covered my eyes when the X1 version was shown. Very bad looking and blurry. From looking amazing in 2013-2014, to average looking in 2016. All these delays to downgrade the visuals and didn't even fix simplistic bugs like getting up the stairs. This is U B I S O F T.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin: pretty much nailed it.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I like that the consoles get some minor visual customization in this game. I turned the sharpness up and the CA off and I think the game looks much better.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thepclovingguy

In my opinion the pc version looks best, after that we have the ps4 version and lastly the xbox version

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

These comparisons become increasingly useless as games continue to look more and more identical between each system each generation. The simple fact that you have to zoom in to notice anything makes it a non-issue.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thepclovingguy

@Willy105 said:

These comparisons become increasingly useless as games continue to look more and more identical between each system each generation. The simple fact that you have to zoom in to notice anything makes it a non-issue.

you dont even have to zoom in to see that the buildings in the background are much worse. Also, dont forget those hideous shadows

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Glorious PC gaming master race.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thepclovingguy
Loading Video...

Though the game still looks somewhat decent with some cc even after the huge downgrade

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Looks so bad.

Absolutely hate Ubisoft at this point. Much of the downgrade talk on SW is non justified fanboy bullshit. But in the case of Ubisuck it always seems to be justified. They have had one visually impressive looking game on consoles(AC unity) and it had issues running. Now it's like they just gave up.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thepclovingguy

@AM-Gamer said:

Looks so bad.

Absolutely hate Ubisoft at this point. Much of the downgrade talk on SW is non justified fanboy bullshit. But in the case of Ubisuck it always seems to be justified. They have had one visually impressive looking game on consoles(AC unity) and it had issues running. Now it's like they just gave up.

cant look worse than fallout 4 XD

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

Since I'm playing this beta alongside Rise of the Tomb Raider, it's really easy to see just how much sub-par Division looks in comparison. It also runs a lot worse too (with SLI fix applied to RoTR).

I mean, it looks alright. It looks better than Fallout 4 and many other recent games. However, it's far from even a graphics jack. I think it's comparable to Dying Light in terms of graphical fidelity.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I like that the consoles get some minor visual customization in this game. I turned the sharpness up and the CA off and I think the game looks much better.

Every game need a CA off option.

It's funny because as hardware gets better, devs find new ways to make games look worse

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thepclovingguy
@GhoX said:

Since I'm playing this beta alongside Rise of the Tomb Raider, it's really easy to see just how much sub-par Division looks in comparison. It also runs a lot worse too (with SLI fix applied to RoTR).

I mean, it looks alright. It looks better than Fallout 4 and many other recent games. However, it's far from even a graphics jack. I think it's comparable to Dying Light in terms of graphical fidelity.

yeah, its decent, but not good nor impressive.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#18  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Its not as good as they claimed it to be... but ya pc of course looks the best, but im surprised that the xbone looks so blurry

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

Those console shadows....

imt558

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 imt558
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts

Digital Foundry Xbone vs. PS4 performance analysis. PS4 with no dips. Explosions cause frame dips on Xbone. :

Loading Video...

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

People complaining about the Divisions graphics, LOL

The game looks awesome

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

@razik: that's because you're used to shitty wii u games.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Just by looking at that video on the zoomed in section the Xbone looks noticeably more blurry then PS4 does..

PS4 1080p and Bone 900p?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

Just by looking at that video on the zoomed in section the Xbone looks noticeably more blurry then PS4 does..

PS4 1080p and Bone 900p?

Its noticeable but both reported native 1080p. Game clearly sacrifice fidelity to hit that though argh. We all forget those though when its in motion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 silversix_

Finally finished download on da pc. Will try the 'demo' in a few. My eyes are ready to be amazed by the downgrade.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Ps4 looks fine.

PC looks best though.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

All versions looked fine. You're not going to play the game zoomed in so the "it looks blurry zoomed in" excuse is moot.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:
@Willy105 said:

you dont even have to zoom in to see that the buildings in the background are much worse. Also, dont forget those hideous shadows

No you have to do it while standing still to get people to notice. That is the problem. One could buy it for either platform and never realize the differences because they are that subtle.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Looks great on both consoles, Digital Foundry did a beta analysis. About the only differences were each feed seemed to be at different points in a weather and day/night cycles, they note this too in the OP video.

Loading Video...

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

I've always believed in gameplay > graphics.

The problem for Ubisoft is they mess up both of these things.

They have great ideas for games, and their games are usually fun for an hour or so. Then it's a case of do the same repetitive mission over and over for another 10 hours.

They literally have no idea how to make a game interesting from start to finish.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@thepclovingguy: But fallout 4 wasn't noticeably downgraded. Even though it didn't look great they were at least honest about it from the beginning.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

It's definitely noticeable when comparing PC over consoles, but it's not going to kill me if I got it for the Xbone over the PC.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thepclovingguy

@AM-Gamer said:

@thepclovingguy: But fallout 4 wasn't noticeably downgraded. Even though it didn't look great they were at least honest about it from the beginning.

I never said it was downgraded, I merely said it looks worse. However; it doesnt bother me that much since modders will fix this like they did for skyrim

Loading Video...

Ignore the thumbnail

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thepclovingguy

@pimphand_gamer said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@Willy105 said:

No you have to do it while standing still to get people to notice. That is the problem. One could buy it for either platform and never realize the differences because they are that subtle.

sorry, but on a big tv screen this is more than just subtle.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:
@AM-Gamer said:

I never said it was downgraded, I merely said it looks worse. However; it doesnt bother me that much since modders will fix this like they did for skyrim

Ignore the thumbnail

Hopefully, The Elder Scrolls VI has similar rendering results and improves from Fallout 4 XBO/PS4/PC DX11.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@silversix_:

Cows....

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#38 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

They all look okay to me. Just wish I could've played the beta, I'm more interested in seeing if the combat is fun/good or not.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Looks like the PC version is 0.05% better.

Huge win, huge.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 silversix_

Been playing it for the past ~2h. Shooting feels good. That's the only positive thing about this game. Runs at an average of 40fps on a 970 while maxed out in 1080p. Shit visuals and crap optimization. I'm not disappointed, tho. I knew exactly what i was getting into. Those playing on pc, what's the most resource hungry settings, hbao+ and shadows? I'll keep playing to see the whole thing but god damn those visuals are so far behind 2013 AND 2014 videos... If the game runs this bad with those flat visuals, i can only imagine how it'd run with 2013 graphics.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 silversix_

@thepclovingguy said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Loading Video...

Ignore the thumbnail

the hidden truth behind enb's is that it **** your fps. If you run an ENB, reshader and then mod an ugly looking title such as Skyrim, be ready to play,,,,,,, lets just say that you can forget your 60fps.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

not even close the the initial unveil of this game..god this game is ugly now

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#43 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

enb= Nuclear explosion + Hentia Skyrim

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By thepclovingguy

@silversix_ said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Loading Video...

Ignore the thumbnail

the hidden truth behind enb's is that it **** your fps. If you run an ENB, reshader and then mod an ugly looking title such as Skyrim, be ready to play,,,,,,, lets just say that you can forget your 60fps.

my gtx 980 ti has no problem maintaining 60 fps with one of the most heaviest enbs enabled. Even my other card a gtx 960 can easily obtain 60 fps with less demanding enb mods

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By silversix_

@thepclovingguy said:
@silversix_ said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Loading Video...

Ignore the thumbnail

my gtx 980 ti has no problem maintaining 60 fps with one of the most heaviest enbs enabled. Even my other card a gtx 960 can easily obtain 60 fps with less demanding enb mods

so you can handle a modded 2012 title with a gpu worth over 1k (in canada)? Great... Not to mention that i know for a fact that if you install actual mods, you won't have a constant 60fps. Its not possible to have 60fps+ at all times with this shitty engine that has trouble loading your texture mods.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silversix_

@stereointegrity said:

not even close the the initial unveil of this game..god this game is ugly now

its not just ugly, its flat and stale looking. You look at the environment and it looks no better than Watch Dogs which is far from good looking (without modding ini files). I'd go as far as saying this is the biggest downgrade we've seen this gen. In watch dogs, visuals were the main thing that were severely downgraded. In Da Division its not only visuals but the environment as well. Everything looks so empty and boring. Shooting at the enemies and don't even see them react to your bullets while having over 38291481241094hp is as bad as it gets. I don't even have problems with spongy enemies because that's all we get when the difficulty is increased but when they don't even react to your actions... that's just shit, Ubishit.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Some PC screenshots. All the settings are maxed out except Local Reflection Quality, which is OFF since it breaks SLI, and anti-aliasing is to a minimal.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@thepclovingguy: Youtube comparison videos are pointless because the videos are so badly compressed that lots of detail is lost.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts
@silversix_ said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@silversix_ said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Ignore the thumbnail

so you can handle a modded 2012 title with a gpu worth over 1k (in canada)? Great... Not to mention that i know for a fact that if you install actual mods, you won't have a constant 60fps. Its not possible to have 60fps+ at all times with this shitty engine that has trouble loading your texture mods.

I have Skyrim Modded heavily with over 450 mods (had to merge a bunch of esp files to not go over the limit).

The only places I dip below 60fps are cities and mainly because I set the ugrids to 7 instead of 5 which make the draw distance go beyond the normal max setting. This makes it so when I am in an area with a bunch of people the frame rate will drop a bit. If I am not in a city then frame rate will have no problem staying at 60fps.

I just cap my frame rate at 40fps and be done with it. Still a smooth experience for me and that is with 2 GTX 970s.

The game doesn't really fully utilize my cards most of the time and I think it's hitting a bottleneck within the engine limitations.

I really went overboard on demanding mods and the game has to load a ton of script files as well.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

PS4 version for me.