The difference in Philosphy between Sony and MS this gen

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Sony - delays most of their big games. Infamous was supposed to be a launch title, Drive club got delayed a year, The order got delayed from holiday 2014 to early 2015. Deep down has gone AWOL

Ms - only delay is KSR, and they gave 1 level for free in the meantime.

------------------

MS - focus on games and player experience. Dedicated servers for all games plus focusing on new ways to immerse players. Games like sunset overdrive, quantum break, titanfall all bringing new experiances.

Sony - focus on cinematic gameplay. no multiplayer options in most their games.

--------------------

MS - Monthly updates, adding features people want

Sony - still working on stability. Haven't added most of the features people want

---------------------

Sony - trying to milk old games money with remakes like TLOU and PSnow subscriptions

MS - bringing in new franchise and new experiences with their classics

----------------------

MS - Honest and upfront, even if its news people don't like

Sony - puts out lies and half truths everywhere. the latest posting watch dogs was 1080p and 60FPS, but the KZ resolution gate, the 7GB of RAM for games, All these delayed games which i feel were just lies on their releases

------------------------

In the end, I'm confused as to what sony is doing right now? yes they made a great system at a great price but after they had the media on their side, they literally stopped doing anything positive. It really feels like they "took the money and ran with it" Charging for online multiplayer but not offering servers for better online play. Most games don't even have MP options from sony. Everything they show. I find it hard to believe they had to delay so many games. to me (and this is conjecture) it just seems like sony knew they didn't have much ready for the 1st year so they lied and figured they could call it a delay. Meanwhile my PS4 is not getting any love. For a company that is for gamers, where are all the games? didn't they promise 15 new IPs after MS promised 12. well where are they? Knack, Deep Down, The order, Drive club? ok thats 4. where are the other 11 games? MS promised 12 and they announced ryse, D4, quantum break, titanfall, sunset overdrive, project spark, crimson dragon. I mean almost half have been shown already. I know this board is very cow centric, and the 1st 10 replies will probably be calling me a lem, but the fact remains as a PS4 owner i want to see sony get off their ass and start doing something good for the PS4. and if cows were smart, they would be more critical because the more crap you fling at sony for not doing anything, the more they will be forced to respond and give something back to gamers

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Nice spin....cows will eat ya alive

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

Yeah, you kinda need to explain your points in more detail. Links would be great. Otherwise, this thread gets a "meh."

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i don't know man. it's not like ms is noble, and sony is nefarious.

i see what you're saying but overall i'd say they're both as bad as each other.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

This is why I don't own a ps4.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darkangel115

@lundy86_4 said:

Yeah, you kinda need to explain your points in more detail. Links would be great. Otherwise, this thread gets a "meh."

I would expect people to be up on news and stuff here. I don't think links are needed. but i can add if a moderator requests.

@CrownKingArthur said:

i don't know man. it's not like ms is noble, and sony is nefarious.

i see what you're saying but overall i'd say they're both as bad as each other.

MS isn't noble. Sony isn't nefarious. Both are the same. 2 big companies trying to make profits off gaming. nothing more nothing less. I just think Sony hasn't shown enough for the PS4. MS has done a better job at providing content and updates for its next gen system then sony has. But in my eyes, they are still the same as far as a company goes. This was more on the actions of both in the last 18 months and how MS has better supported its hardware then sony and how sony needs to step up.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

I don't see any "philosophy" from what you wrote here. I just see a fanboy who wrote a bunch of nitpicking negatives about a company he doesn't like and forced positives about the company he is a fanboy of.

Most of what you wrote isn't even fact it's opinion, and not the opinion of either company just YOUR opinion, lol so how is it their philosophy?

Take a looks at this portion of your argument...

"Sony - trying to milk old games money with remakes like TLOU and PSnow subscriptions

MS - bringing in new franchise and new experiences with their classics"

So MS isn't planning on bringing out another halo remake for XB1? You can't even make your points without being a hypocrite so why even bother?

You can mark this thread under gutter trash.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm looking forward to E3 which is so soon. My next gen consoles library is anemic (including my Xbone, Wii U, and PS4), but like every generation I'm catching up playing some amazing games in my last generation backlog. I just recently polished Xenoblade and I got the Last of Us platinum (MP trophies where a chore!). Not to mention, I play the occasional StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm (I own multiple copies) LANed up in the home as well. :) I won't play games like Watch Dogs which is getting average scores when I have AAA gems that I still have yet to complete. Sure, they aren't the new hotness, but I would rather play TOP TIER, high quality games I haven't completed sitting on a shelf rather than buying the newest, but above average, game (78/100 Wolfenstein & 82/100 Watchdogs).

This means if these new machines keep getting above average games, I'm not going to play more than $20 for those games and I'll keep playing high scoring, high quality last gen games sitting on my shelf. That's how I operate until the real high quality games roll out that I will spend $60 on release. This worked for me last generation and the generation before that.

This thread is far too x-biased made by a questionable, and proven Xboxer TC for me to get specific other than to say E3 is weeks away, yay. :) E3 may solve some problems with the next gen library or it may not. We'll see. Just in case, I have all the machines so I say bring the GREAT games on. I bought Titanfall, MGS5, and Infamous this year and I know I'm getting Batman. I have the money, but I just am not "SUPER DAY ONE BUY!" enthusiastic about many upcoming games slated this year. I'm hoping E3 will change how I feel, including the meager 1st party offerings I see for all three machines.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

Do you know what the defenition of philosophy even is?

You're just a faux pusedo intellectual who spouts bullshit with the guise of trying to seem unbiased.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

This is one of the most biased postings I have ever read here

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

It's posts like TC's that remind me how hard the die hard XBox fanboys have had it early in this gen. This guy sounds like Sony burned his house down... and MS built him a new one.

Hey, whatever you gotta tell yourself TC. Hang in there.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

I don't see any "philosophy" from what you wrote here. I just see a fanboy who wrote a bunch of nitpicking negatives about a company he doesn't like and forced positives about the company he is a fanboy of.

Most of what you wrote isn't even fact it's opinion, and not the opinion of either company just YOUR opinion, lol so how is it their philosophy?

Take a looks at this portion of your argument...

"Sony - trying to milk old games money with remakes like TLOU and PSnow subscriptions

MS - bringing in new franchise and new experiences with their classics"

So MS isn't planning on bringing out another halo remake for XB1? You can't even make your points without being a hypocrite so why even bother?

You can mark this thread under gutter trash.

so lol worthy. Didn't take long for someone to own another lem. But this is what happens when you're desperate, you just don't think right! XD

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38030 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I'm looking forward to E3 which is so soon. My next gen consoles library is anemic (including my Xbone, Wii U, and PS4), but like every generation I'm catching up playing some amazing games in my last generation backlog. I just recently polished Xenoblade and I got the Last of Us platinum (MP trophies where a chore!). Not to mention, I play the occasional StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm (I own multiple copies) LANed up in the home as well. :) I won't play games like Watch Dogs which is getting average scores when I have AAA gems that I still have yet to complete. Sure, they aren't the new hotness, but I would rather play TOP TIER, high quality games I haven't completed sitting on a shelf rather than buying the newest, but above average, game (78/100 Wolfenstein & 82/100 Watchdogs).

This means if these new machines keep getting above average games, I'm not going to play more than $20 for those games and I'll keep playing high scoring, high quality last gen games sitting on my shelf. That's how I operate until the real high quality games roll out that I will spend $60 on release. This worked for me last generation and the generation before that.

This thread is far too x-biased made by a questionable, and proven Xboxer TC for me to get specific other than to say E3 is weeks away, yay. :) E3 may solve some problems with the next gen library or it may not. We'll see. Just in case, I have all the machines so I say bring the GREAT games on. I bought Titanfall, MGS5, and Infamous this year and I know I'm getting Batman. I have the money, but I just am not "SUPER DAY ONE BUY!" enthusiastic about many upcoming games slated this year. I'm hoping E3 will change how I feel, including the meager 1st party offerings I see for all three machines.

Well said and for the most part I agree. I have been playing games from steam, more than new console at this point. I jump on Titanfall for a bit, then play Arkham, or Dark Souls on PC. I did pick up watchdogs as three of my still serving buddies were getting it and I want to MP with them. I'll let you know what I think bro.

TC, this thread while trying to have some points, really doesn't. I cant blame Sony for riding the wave MS created for them with their terrible reveal last year. They don't have to spend much right now to make money with PS4, and that company NEEDS that. Games will come from both, I will game on both, all will be good. Unless a fanboy then you'll always have complaints.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@darkangel115: Halo got delayed and they canned Black Tusk's new IP.

- You mention the infamous dedicated servers that have only been used by two games so far.

- What's Sunset Overdrive bringing again? Looks pretty similar to InFamous to me. Titanfall? The FPS arena shooter that's pretty much modelled off CoD? Whatever "new experience" it's brought can't have been great as i know the PC community at least as pretty much dropped it. Driveclub is a socially integrated racer, but you missed that on the PS4's side of course.

- You obviously haven't paid attention to the PS4's updates, there's been plenty of added features so that one's just nonsense.

- You criticise Sony for remaking titles but then praise MS for giving "new experiences with their classics". Comically hypocritical spin there. You call it milking when Forza had a broken economy to force micro transactions. Micro transactions added to Plants vs Zombies, Ryse also has them and so on.

- MS have lied plenty, remember flipping switches? Kinect is integral? All games will have dedicated servers? The Cloud? The constant denial their hardware is weaker, ESRAM is a benefit and exaggerating it's bandwidth, the 5 billion transistors and the "balance" nonsense? Apparently some X1 games no longer have the resolution on the back of the case, not exactly being upfront there? Halo's 2014 release date, Black Tusk making a new IP. Lies about the regions they released in were down to language difference when it was obviously off GDP.

I don't even know why i've replied to this.

And thread.

Let's get a lock on this.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

One year PSN+ is more worth than whole Xbox live gold have had in lifetime

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

Well said and for the most part I agree. I have been playing games from steam, more than new console at this point. I jump on Titanfall for a bit, then play Arkham, or Dark Souls on PC. I did pick up watchdogs as three of my still serving buddies were getting it and I want to MP with them. I'll let you know what I think bro.

TC, this thread while trying to have some points, really doesn't. I cant blame Sony for riding the wave MS created for them with their terrible reveal last year. They don't have to spend much right now to make money with PS4, and that company NEEDS that. Games will come from both, I will game on both, all will be good. Unless a fanboy then you'll always have complaints.

Yes, if Watchdogs has a fun and unique MP, let me know. I got a few peeps asking if I was going to get it, but I'm not sold yet. I would overlook the SP if the MP felt new and fresh...and certainly if I had people really wanting to play it with me, as you do.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@darkangel115: Not really enough proof. Some of the things you;ve said goes both ways. Both companies have lied several times on many key things pertaining to their system or games. Both companies have delayed games as well. Sony seems to have delayed more key titles then M$.

******************************************************************************************************************

@aroxx_ab said:

LMAO!! No. Not even close. PSN being hacked and Sony lying about customer personal data being stolen, pretty much kills PSN again XBL. Also PSN was down for a full month, something XBL has never done.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

Sony - delays most of their big games. Infamous was supposed to be a launch title, Drive club got delayed a year, The order got delayed from holiday 2014 to early 2015. Deep down has gone AWOL

------------------

MS - focus on games and player experience. Dedicated servers for all games plus focusing on new ways to immerse players. Games like sunset overdrive, quantum break, titanfall all bringing new experiances.

--------------------

Sony - still working on stability. Haven't added most of the features people want

---------------------

Sony - trying to milk old games money with remakes like TLOU and PSnow subscriptions

----------------------

Sony - puts out lies and half truths everywhere. the latest posting watch dogs was 1080p and 60FPS, but the KZ resolution gate, the 7GB of RAM for games, All these delayed games which i feel were just lies on their releases

------------------------

In the end, I'm confused as to what sony is doing right now? yes they made a great system at a great price but after they had the media on their side, they literally stopped doing anything positive. It really feels like they "took the money and ran with it" Charging for online multiplayer but not offering servers for better online play. Most games don't even have MP options from sony. Everything they show. I find it hard to believe they had to delay so many games. to me (and this is conjecture) it just seems like sony knew they didn't have much ready for the 1st year so they lied and figured they could call it a delay. Meanwhile my PS4 is not getting any love. For a company that is for gamers, where are all the games? didn't they promise 15 new IPs after MS promised 12. well where are they? Knack, Deep Down, The order, Drive club? ok thats 4. where are the other 11 games? MS promised 12 and they announced ryse, D4, quantum break, titanfall, sunset overdrive, project spark, crimson dragon. I mean almost half have been shown already. I know this board is very cow centric, and the 1st 10 replies will probably be calling me a lem, but the fact remains as a PS4 owner i want to see sony get off their ass and start doing something good for the PS4. and if cows were smart, they would be more critical because the more crap you fling at sony for not doing anything, the more they will be forced to respond and give something back to gamers

Well said. I also like when i hear the bullshit line "That was Sony then, they are different this time with the PS4". Such LOL. I think they are worse now because they are desperate. You also touched on the "numbers wars" with we have 15 launch titles and will have 150 by the end of the year or whatever it was. All lies and people laugh when you say indies as filler.

I also agree on how Microsoft has been keeping up with the fan feedback and really making changes where it counts.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Sony managed to put gamers first and already are making a profit on each ps4 sold. So I guess Sony is winning, in everything...except exclusives at this point.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Sony was prepared for the 1st year , and we all knew it -

• Guerrilla Games - (internal)
  • Sucker Punch - (internal)
  • San Diego - (internal)
  • Evolution - (internal)

What we thought that should really be there -

• The Last of Us - (to help covert former Lems , Sheep , or other noobs) , and we know The Last of Us 2 is a no-brainer, The Last of Us is a must-release.
  • Planetside 2 - (because the PS4 could handle it unlike the PS3 , and people wanted it).

What else we are getting from Sony / Sony publishing (so far) -

• Knack - (internal)
  • DC Universe - (internal)
  • Singstar - (internal)
  • Resogun , Doki-Doki Universe , Hohokum , Helldivers
  • Flower , flow , Sound Shapes , Escape Plan , Dead Nation A , PixelJunk Shooter U

All of the above Sony games that have released so far are 70+ Metacritic except for Knack.

Microsoft's LocoCycle , Ryse , Kinect Sports Rivals, Crimson Dragon , Powerstar Golf , Halo Spartan Assault , and Zoo Tycoon have all fallen short already. They were all once part of the great Xbone list in the console war against the mighty PS4 , but now have a line through them.

Sony beat Microsoft out of the gate on streaming , downloading/installing games , UI / system usability , and various other things including launch release countries !

3rd party support has been good , PS+ has been good , PS Live is cool to check out from time to time , Sony recently added Sharefactory , remote play with Vita works pretty well , and PS Now is also also coming this year

Yes , it's a bit of a bummer that The Order 1886 was delayed a few months , but it'll be here before you know it.

This year , Sony is going to continue to -

• update the PS4
  • announce franchise games
  • announce new IP's
  • announce more downloadables and ports

Nothing stops this train.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

If someone's noble in this thread, these are people who pretend to be noble and attack TC.

I feel that TC is being attacked without

his arguments being given even a tiniest modicum of consideration. And only because he DARED to criticise Sony.

Some of his points are facts:

"no multiplayer options in most their games." like Infamous SS doesn't have one, The Order won't have one whereas both Dead Rising 3 (a launch game) already had one and Sunset Overdrive will have one too. Ryse also had multiplayer. Titanfall while only a console exclusive is multiplayer-only. They've also beaten Sony to another multiplayer game Plants vs Zombies which is/was their timed exclusive. If this isn't an indication of anything then I don't know what is. I'm not saying that one approach is better than the other. I'm just saying A has something in greater quantity than B.

Delays, blatant lying about resolution/FPS and providing lesser amount of updates are also measurable / tangible facts. Why couldn't anyone admit it? in the long run I agree with Ty and cainetao but the fact no one pointed out things I did is highly disturbing to me.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I love the asshurt lemmings on here. Xflop continues to get destroyed monthly.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Any Company that wants your MONEY is never going to be 100% honest to you.

Some just lie more than others to get it?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By B4X

@aroxx_ab said:

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Thread backfire lol!! TLHBO

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
@b4x said:

@aroxx_ab said:

it shouldn't even be subjective. Games with gold has never been worth it and padding gold with services that should be free (non gaming applications, party chat, etc) doesn't really count since they were always free as soon as they were introduced on the competition.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@StrongBlackVine said:

I love the asshurt lemmings on here. Xflop continues to get destroyed monthly.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By B4X

@handssss said:
@b4x said:

@aroxx_ab said:

it shouldn't even be subjective. Games with gold has never been worth it and padding gold with services that should be free (non gaming applications, party chat, etc) doesn't really count since they were always free as soon as they were introduced on the competition.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38030 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

If someone's noble in this thread, these are people who pretend to be noble and attack TC.

his arguments being given even a tiniest modicum of consideration. And only because he DARED to criticise Sony.

"no multiplayer options in most their games." like Infamous SS doesn't have one, The Order won't have one whereas both Dead Rising 3 (a launch game) already had one and Sunset Overdrive will have one too. Ryse also had multiplayer. Titanfall while only a console exclusive is multiplayer-only. They've also beaten Sony to another multiplayer game Plants vs Zombies which is/was their timed exclusive. If this isn't an indication of anything then I don't know what is. I'm not saying that one approach is better than the other. I'm just saying A has something in greater quantity than B.

Delays, blatant lying about resolution/FPS and providing lesser amount of updates are also measurable / tangible facts. Why couldn't anyone admit it? in the long run I agree with Ty and cainetao but the fact no one pointed out things I did is highly disturbing to me.

Good points, dude. I should have addressed those, and stand corrected. Sony, like any company has not been a white knight of truth. And you're right. One reason TC has been attacked is because he criticized the almighty Sony. Funny how times change. Last gen sales didn't matter, this gen they do. It is alarming that you have to pay for MP and quite a few games don't offer it. But I know, they're leasing us games, so its all good.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

To an extent I agree with you TC, but it does take time to develop games, but this does not excuse sony's poor first year lineup so far for the PS4. I don't know why sony is not implementing some really requested features. They may implement some of these features soon.To everyone that does not agree with the TC's opinion can you explain why you don't agree with the TC instead of attacking him. Can you explain what you wrote in your Op in more detail TC.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Salt_The_Fries

@cainetao11 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Good points, dude. I should have addressed those, and stand corrected. Sony, like any company has not been a white knight of truth. And you're right. One reason TC has been attacked is because he criticized the almighty Sony. Funny how times change. Last gen sales didn't matter, this gen they do. It is alarming that you have to pay for MP and quite a few games don't offer it. But I know, they're leasing us games, so its all good.

That's my beef ever since I've joined this board but this perception hasn't changed yet, so I'll be always pointing out certain things towards Sony where I know that double standards for Nintendo or MS still exists on this board, lol. Once this perception is dropped I'll be more than happy to stop pointing certain things out.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@darkangel115 I wouldn't count Sony all the way out on games financially they are struggling right now, but besides that they gave us games new exclusives almost right up until the next gen got here. Common sense says when you look at their finances and how they where putting out games prior to this gen that PS4 would not have much games to begin with.

Yea M$ is a software company and xbox is running full blown win8 so expect them to push out updates just as often as Win8 more or less.

TLOU I put in my top 3 games I ever played.....

I doubt Soy is really tryna do online gaming the more they push online gaming the more it prove XBL is more stable and reliable which would piss consumers off, you can catch even the most hardcore PS fanboys complaining about lag. I have PSnow and PSnow=lag on a 60mbps connection. PSnow hype lasted shorter than SS hype. In all fairness it does have potential but I don't see Sony having money to support PS4 games, Morpheus, and PSnow right now maybe in the future but now they are spread to thin and already set to loose another billion this year

Sony does lie and they work in very grey areas sometimes, M$ doesn't have the luxury of being able to straight up lie being a more prestigious company, but they step in those grey areas sometimes too. But Sony has done it, they have single handedly convinced a group of people into thinking that low power laptop parts are more powerful than pc's or where they will be 12 months from now, and be able to keep up until "next gen".

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

"MS - Honest and upfront, even if its news people don't like"

All your anti Sony stuff is accurate, yes. But this shit is downright hilarious and so far from the truth. I think you must have slept through the year 2013.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@Floppy_Jim said:

"MS - Honest and upfront, even if its news people don't like"

All your anti Sony stuff is accurate, yes. But this shit is downright hilarious and so far from the truth. I think you must have slept through the year 2013.

Hey champ, how's life? I guess you're rather busy with it? What you're doing now?

Long time since I've last seen you on here...The last time I remember we had any meaningful conversation was when I was having troubles with that awful boss fight in Gears of War 2...

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Hey Salt, I still drop in here from time to time when my common sense is tingling. Just working and some 7th gen gaming really, there are few reasons to upgrade yet, yourself?

Yeah, was it Skorge? Skrelge? That Predator looking douche. Then the end boss was nothing more than "Hold right trigger for 5 seconds", lol.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Salt_The_Fries

@Floppy_Jim said:

@Salt_The_Fries: Hey Salt, I still drop in here from time to time when my common sense is tingling. Just working and some 7th gen gaming really, there are few reasons to upgrade yet, yourself?

Yeah, was it Skorge? Skrelge? That Predator looking douche. Then the end boss was nothing more than "Hold right trigger for 5 seconds", lol.

Hey, still in the 7th gen as well, and I have like 40 games on my backlog, lol. I think I won't ever have to buy anything for 360, because I have everything worthwile in my library already. Like really. Anyway, I got married last year, got a MA from English studies last year, and since I hadn't had much time last year for gaming, now I'm gaming like a crazy maniac whenever I have the time. Movies, music, etc. have been pushed aside.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

No need a wall of text. PS4 is 30-40% more powerful and that's the only thing that needs to be said.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

"MS - Honest and upfront"

Strong joke thread, laughed a lot OP!

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

Sony - " we need a variety of quality exclusives to sell the ps4 just like what we did with ps1,2,3"

M$ - " How are we gonna trick people in buying xbone? The wii gimmick isnt enough !"

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts

Good to see a nice unbiased post for a change...

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I'm sure we could all point out the negatives of the Xbox One...

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By B4X

@silversix_ said:

No need a wall of text. PS4 is 30-40% more powerful and that's the only thing that needs to be said.

Did you say 20%-30% more powerful?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darkangel115

@super600 said:

To an extent I agree with you TC, but it does take time to develop games, but this does not excuse sony's poor first year lineup so far for the PS4. I don't know why sony is not implementing some really requested features. They may implement some of these features soon.To everyone that does not agree with the TC's opinion can you explain why you don't agree with the TC instead of attacking him. Can you explain what you wrote in your Op in more detail TC.

Thank you. And gladly. I underlined my explanations

Here I was making the point that MS has delivered its games on time. Everything shown at E3 will be released this year with the possible exception of quantum break which never had a release date. Meanwhile sony had pushed driveclub from launch to a year later, Infamous went from launch to March 2014, Deep down has gone awol, then there was the dark sorcerer FUD tech demo. In other words, sony is not coming through on delivering their games on time.

------------------

This part I've referred to recent interviews with different teams. RAD, Sucker punch, GG have all admitted to making gameplay sacrifices for visuals. Sony has been pushing devs for 1080p (or as close as possible) as their buzz word advantage. Personally i feel its counter productive, I feel like they should let devs make the game how they choose. But you have The order, infamous, etc with no MP, The order dev stated he is focusing on story and cinematics more then gameplay etc etc. Meanwhile in MS land, everything form MS is about making games fun and giving new experiance. The recent article about gears and how they have to manage betrayal was a great read http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-boss-talks-about-managing-betrayal-with-a-sequel/1100-6419897/ MS is focusing on having games that are new and fun meanwhile sony is focused on having games with high IQ but don't really care about gameplay

--------------------

MS has been actively listening to what fans wanted since they launched. They've fixed alot of launch issues/bugs/poor features and roll out updates monthly. The xbox one is a much different system then the one of 6 months ago. Meanwhile the PS4 has had maybe half the updates and is still missing some pretty basic stuff that people have been asking for but sony hasn't commented on or provided. MS has been much more interactive with people in making sure they are happy with their product.

---------------------

I seen this one got some hate from people that didn't understand. In Sony's case, their 2 big E3 things s far (well 2 out of 3 with Morpheus being the 3rd) is PSnow a streaming service in which they will charge you a monthly fee to stream old PS1-3 games on your PS3. and TLOU remastered which is a "HD remake" of a game that is 1 year old and just came out on the PS3. Its milking in the same way square milked TR with the TR:DE. With MS there is a rumor of a halo 1-4 edition. The reason i'm ok with this, is its 4 games in 1. Now if they remade halo 4 only in a DE then i would shit on MS for milking it. Remember halo 2 never came out on the 360 either so unless you had the original xbox (or a gaming PC) you never played it. If sony made an UC 1-3 HD collection, i wouldn't call it a cash grab at all. Then when i said new franchises, they MS said that had like 15 game sin development with 8 new IPs or something like that and sony came out with 20 new games and 15 new IPs or something. and yet sony hasn't showed them. sony has released 1 new IP in knack so far and have 2 more (the order, driveclub) announced and maybe a 3rd in deep down (but it is supposedly in japan only) so not sure. and with their classics MS are upping the ante with gears and halo and with fable were getting a 1v4 D&D style game set in the fable universe. that's what i mean by new experiences with their classics

----------------------

Here its pretty self explanatory. I know people have been commenting about kinect and flipping a switch for DRM but there is a difference between a lie and a change of plans. MS said they have no plans to sell xbox without kinect, but plans change. Its a huge difference form posting the definitive 1080p 60FPS experience only on PS4 when the game is 900p and 30fps. There is a difference in MS saying ryse is 900p upscaled to 1080p then Sony saying KZ is 1080p 60FPS in MP until GG felt guilty and admitted it was 960x1080p per frame. Or sony letting rumors run wild about having 7GB of ram for games when they really have 4.5.

------------

So those are my explanations and mind you i know some of it is not a big deal and can be chalked up to "business as usual" I'm just saying that i don't like the lack of game support for my PS4 and the ones coming out are focused on SP cinematics and not fun and social gameplay which makes me go WTF?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

Funny read.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@super600 said:

Thank you. And gladly. I underlined my explanations

Here I was making the point that MS has delivered its games on time. Everything shown at E3 will be released this year with the possible exception of quantum break which never had a release date. Meanwhile sony had pushed driveclub from launch to a year later, Infamous went from launch to March 2014, Deep down has gone awol, then there was the dark sorcerer FUD tech demo. In other words, sony is not coming through on delivering their games on time.

------------------

This part I've referred to recent interviews with different teams. RAD, Sucker punch, GG have all admitted to making gameplay sacrifices for visuals. Sony has been pushing devs for 1080p (or as close as possible) as their buzz word advantage. Personally i feel its counter productive, I feel like they should let devs make the game how they choose. But you have The order, infamous, etc with no MP, The order dev stated he is focusing on story and cinematics more then gameplay etc etc. Meanwhile in MS land, everything form MS is about making games fun and giving new experiance. The recent article about gears and how they have to manage betrayal was a great read http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-boss-talks-about-managing-betrayal-with-a-sequel/1100-6419897/ MS is focusing on having games that are new and fun meanwhile sony is focused on having games with high IQ but don't really care about gameplay

--------------------

MS has been actively listening to what fans wanted since they launched. They've fixed alot of launch issues/bugs/poor features and roll out updates monthly. The xbox one is a much different system then the one of 6 months ago. Meanwhile the PS4 has had maybe half the updates and is still missing some pretty basic stuff that people have been asking for but sony hasn't commented on or provided. MS has been much more interactive with people in making sure they are happy with their product.

---------------------

I seen this one got some hate from people that didn't understand. In Sony's case, their 2 big E3 things s far (well 2 out of 3 with Morpheus being the 3rd) is PSnow a streaming service in which they will charge you a monthly fee to stream old PS1-3 games on your PS3. and TLOU remastered which is a "HD remake" of a game that is 1 year old and just came out on the PS3. Its milking in the same way square milked TR with the TR:DE. With MS there is a rumor of a halo 1-4 edition. The reason i'm ok with this, is its 4 games in 1. Now if they remade halo 4 only in a DE then i would shit on MS for milking it. Remember halo 2 never came out on the 360 either so unless you had the original xbox (or a gaming PC) you never played it. If sony made an UC 1-3 HD collection, i wouldn't call it a cash grab at all. Then when i said new franchises, they MS said that had like 15 game sin development with 8 new IPs or something like that and sony came out with 20 new games and 15 new IPs or something. and yet sony hasn't showed them. sony has released 1 new IP in knack so far and have 2 more (the order, driveclub) announced and maybe a 3rd in deep down (but it is supposedly in japan only) so not sure. and with their classics MS are upping the ante with gears and halo and with fable were getting a 1v4 D&D style game set in the fable universe. that's what i mean by new experiences with their classics

----------------------

Here its pretty self explanatory. I know people have been commenting about kinect and flipping a switch for DRM but there is a difference between a lie and a change of plans. MS said they have no plans to sell xbox without kinect, but plans change. Its a huge difference form posting the definitive 1080p 60FPS experience only on PS4 when the game is 900p and 30fps. There is a difference in MS saying ryse is 900p upscaled to 1080p then Sony saying KZ is 1080p 60FPS in MP until GG felt guilty and admitted it was 960x1080p per frame. Or sony letting rumors run wild about having 7GB of ram for games when they really have 4.5.

------------

So those are my explanations and mind you i know some of it is not a big deal and can be chalked up to "business as usual" I'm just saying that i don't like the lack of game support for my PS4 and the ones coming out are focused on SP cinematics and not fun and social gameplay which makes me go WTF?

Neither next gen consoles will be able to run all next gen games at 1080P and sony should really stop bragging about this or else it could hurt there momentum if something like watch dogs happens again.I really don't care about the resolution of a game or it's graphics. I just like to play games that mostly are decent or great in the gameplay department and none of the launch games besides infamous meet this requirement for the PS4. I'm not interested in the ps4 lineup either.Almost all the third party games released on the ps4 besides a couple from last year and this year will just have improved graphics or framerate and nothing else . Only a few like battlefield 4 had features that were impossible to run on last gen consoles(like 64 player multiplayer) and are only PS4/XB1 games like batman.The first party lineup will be even worse than the WiiU this year if nothing first party related gets announced that will release this year for the PS4. I really don't care if a game has online or not.I mostly play single player games. Some of the future ps4 exclusives also look unappealing so far(like the Order 1886) for me because they seem to be focusing on the wrong things so far(i.e cinematics/story over gameplay, but this can change).Alot of the games shown this year that are exclusive to the ps4 or xb1 will not release in 2014, but they may release anywere from 2015-2017.I really do like that MS has been listening to the people that bought the xbox one or will buy an xbox one in the future.This is making the xbox one more appealing for someone like me. I really don't know why sony has not tried that much to make the ps4 a better console in terms of features.They are kinda being lazy in this department.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts