The Diablo III Hype Thread (PC Gaming is dead, blah, blah, 8.5@GS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#51 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

AAAA

anything else is wrong.

Amazing thread btw. Legendary thread for a legendary game.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Witchdoctor's my favorite beta class. A#1

Jankarcop

I've only played the Wizard but he's a ton of fun. Was thinking about rolling Witch Doctor or Barbarian next.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Master_ShakeXXX

I'm just letting everyone know right now that this is the game that will probably turn me into a hermit. I'm definitely buying a gaming PC for it. Aint no ****in way I'm missing out on D3.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I'm just letting everyone know right now that this is the game that will probably turn me into a hermit. I'm definitely buying a gaming PC for it. Aint no ****in way I'm missing out on D3.

Master_ShakeXXX

The game can't be that hardware taxing based on what I've seen. I think it's pretty much designed so anybody can run it. I could be horibbly wrong however.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

MLBknights58

The game can't be that hardware taxing based on what I've seen. I think it's pretty much designed so anybody can run it. I could be horibbly wrong however.

I'm getting 120fps in the beta at 1600p. 6950x2
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Great job TC...

Cant wait for this game!!!

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

I vote 9.0, I like Barbarian the most though. I don't need any stupid magic or anything I just want to hulk smash people.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Safe AAA as usual. Cannot wait for this so much that i've avoided all media about it (even the OP's post which looked awesome done btw).

GIEF NAO !!

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

Based on the history of Diablo scoring, and the history Gamespot has scoring PC titles in general I voted 8.0, 8.5 ... I think it will be in the 8.7-8.9 range on this website. (coming from a guy who's been playing beta)

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#60 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts
are they still keeping the DRM on the game ? because that's pretty much my only complain about the game from what i've seen so far
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

YEAAAAHHHHHHHHH BABY!!!

BLIZZARD GONNA DELIVER!

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

Awesome Hype Thread! Even though there's another one. :P

Soo pumped for this game I've been waiting a while. My prediction is a 9.0 exactly. I'm getting it regardless though, have my CE Pre-ordered! :D

harshv82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 harshv82
Member since 2008 • 1120 Posts
huh? I'm not looking forward to this game.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Great job with the hype thread, I give it AAA just like DIII!
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Good Hype thread

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Master_ShakeXXX

MLBknights58

Either way my current PC wont run it. It's from the early 2000s. And even for it's time it wasn't very powerful.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts
I'm so getting that CE edition, and AAA all the way.
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Either way my current PC wont run it. It's from the early 2000s. And even for it's time it wasn't very powerful.

I'd be doing the same if I were in the same boat as you (if I was still just a PS3 player and didn't have a PC, the one I had before I got my new rig was from early 2000s as well :P), Luckily if this is all you're gonna want to play (and nothing really more demanding than this) it really shouldn't cost you much at all.

Though even if it came out for PS3 as well and I didn't have my rig, I'd still at least get a PC (half decent desktop or laptop) to play it on. :P

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#69 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Doesn't get any better than this.
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

I'm so getting that CE edition, and AAA all the way. Heil68

I already got my collectors edition preordered for me :D Diablo 3 gonna be the RPG of this generation.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
I just want to say that I'll be pretty shocked if the game gets AA. The gameplay formula is old, sure, but it just feels really good to play. Every time I have a friend over they're like, "Dude wtf is that?" Then they wind up playing for like a half an hour. Totally engrossing game.
dRuGGeRnaUt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dRuGGeRnaUt
Member since 2006 • 1637 Posts
My only issue is with the development time being this long, its given people a LONG time to build up ideas about what it should be and hype. I know blizzard is more likely to succeed in this situation, but still, many MANY games have come out since diablo 2 and raised the bar for action rpgs and such. - im saying 9.0
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

April 17th Rumor date

In itlian

http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/content.php?3417-Diablo-III-Fuori-il-17-Aprile!&

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

After playing the beta, I am confident the game will be awesome and provide years of enjoyment, just as DII did. With that said, I have a few concerns, though most things seem to be an improvement from DII. While I think the game will be an improvement, I don't see it having the same impact on me that DII had, coming from DI. But that's ok, it doesn't mean it will be any less awesome! :P

Oh and does anyone know why the website has damage percentages and such for skills, but the in-game skill screen does not?

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NAPK1NS

After playing the beta, I am confident the game will be awesome and provide years of enjoyment, just as DII did. With that said, I have a few concerns, though most things seem to be an improvement from DII. While I think the game will be an improvement, I don't see it having the same impact on me that DII had, coming from DI. But that's ok, it doesn't mean it will be any less awesome! :P

Oh and does anyone know why the website has damage percentages and such for skills, but the in-game skill screen does not?

NaveedLife
Hold down ctrl while the skill is highlighted. :)
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

MrJack3690

I'd be doing the same if I were in the same boat as you (if I was still just a PS3 player and didn't have a PC, the one I had before I got my new rig was from early 2000s as well :P), Luckily if this is all you're gonna want to play (and nothing really more demanding than this) it really shouldn't cost you much at all.

Though even if it came out for PS3 as well and I didn't have my rig, I'd still at least get a PC (half decent desktop or laptop) to play it on. :P

It will definitely be worth it, whatever I end up paying. It's ****ing Diablo. It only comes around once every 1000 years (or atleast it feels like that long!).

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

So...is Diablo 3 a mmorpg or can we do single player?

FashionFreak
...yes, the game has singleplayer if you prefer it.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NAPK1NS

Hold down ctrl while the skill is highlighted. :)

lol and here I thought DIII was going to do away with hidden numbers :P. Just last year I learned things I never knew about the game, such as crushing blow caps at a certain amount and so on. Thanks for the help! I love number crunching in D :P.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

no hype at all.

If it turns out great that's fine and I will enjoy it, but it doesn't help when the animations on characters are borderline awful, for example the run animation carries no momentum it looks so damn cardboard.

This game has been in developer (hell) *pun intended* for so long that I'm just not sure anymore, it could be a high quality game but that little beta they released didn't change my mind at all.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NaveedLife

no hype at all.

If it turns out great that's fine and I will enjoy it, but it doesn't help when the animations on characters are borderline awful, for example the run animation carries no momentum it looks so damn cardboard.

This game has been in developer (hell) *pun intended* for so long that I'm just not sure anymore, it could be a high quality game but that little beta they released didn't change my mind at all.

ReadingRainbow4

So you are nto buying it because characters don't run the way you like? :P

Can you elaborate what you do not like in DIII?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

no hype at all.

NaveedLife

Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is the whole thing just feels incredibly cheap. it's like the animations were canned from WoW or something, I don't really know how to explain it.

Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhcBV6gDUcA That's incredibly clunky looking, when he stops running he stops like a robot, there is just no life in the movements. now blizzard is a huge studio, with all the resources at their disposal they could have done a much better job than this. Hell Diablo 2 has more life in the characters.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

no hype at all.

ReadingRainbow4

Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is the whole thing just feels incredibly cheap. it's like the animations were canned from WoW or something, I don't really know how to explain it.

Look at this. LINK That's incredibly clunky looking, when he stops running he stops like a robot, there is just no life in the movements. now blizzard is a huge studio, with all the resources at their disposal they could have done a much better job than this. Hell Diablo 2 has more life in the characters.

There's a crap ton of animating in this game, man. There's 30+ skills per character all with their own animations. You simply don't notice **** like that when you start playing. Very different from a YouTube video to actually having your hands on the game.

All I'm saying is this is a big game. Prolly best to not write it off based on the Demon Hunter's running animation.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
AAA, 9.5.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NAPK1NS

Look at this. LINK That's incredibly clunky looking, when he stops running he stops like a robot, there is just no life in the movements. now blizzard is a huge studio, with all the resources at their disposal they could have done a much better job than this. Hell Diablo 2 has more life in the characters.

There's a crap ton of animating in this game, man. There's 30+ skills per character all with their own animations. You simply don't notice **** like that when you start playing. Very different from a YouTube video to actually having your hands on the game.

All I'm saying is this is a big game. Prolly best to not write it off based on the Demon Hunter's running animation.

It's not just the demon hunter though, I have the beta also I just wanted to post a vid for example. I just don't understand why there isn't more work in the animations, I have made my peace with the graphics and realize it's never getting that dark gritty feel but I just can't get past that stiffness. Maybe the full game will change it up, hopefully but I doubt it.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NAPK1NS
[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is the whole thing just feels incredibly cheap. it's like the animations were canned from WoW or something, I don't really know how to explain it.

ReadingRainbow4

It's not just the demon hunter though, I have the beta also I just wanted to post a vid for example. I just don't understand why there isn't more work in the animations, I have made my peace with the graphics and realize it's never getting that dark gritty feel but I just can't get past that stiffness. Maybe the full game will change it up, hopefully but I doubt it.

Well, to each their own. From my POV, you really need to only look around the menus to see the kind of work that went into this game. Just feels really solid. They're polishing this one down to the under-the-hood combat numbers, and I really respect that. If you decide to pick it up I hope it exceeds your expectations.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]There's a crap ton of animating in this game, man. There's 30+ skills per character all with their own animations. You simply don't notice **** like that when you start playing. Very different from a YouTube video to actually having your hands on the game.

NAPK1NS

Well, to each their own. From my POV, you really need to only look around the menus to see the kind of work that went into this game. Just feels really solid. They're polishing this one down to the under-the-hood combat numbers, and I really respect that. If you decide to pick it up I hope it exceeds your expectations.

I doubt it will man, I loved D2. especially the dark gritty artstyle it had. I will probably pick it up anyway just because there is a serious lack of games like this now, although that new game from the creators of titans quest looks amazing.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]There's a crap ton of animating in this game, man. There's 30+ skills per character all with their own animations. You simply don't notice **** like that when you start playing. Very different from a YouTube video to actually having your hands on the game.

NAPK1NS

I feel like a lot of diablo clones go for an overrealistic feel and end up feeling clunky and cheesy. I am glad DIII feels and looks a lot like DII (to me anyway).

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#88 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

I think it will get a 9.5

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

This game is going to fail WORST than Duke Nukem Forever. Duke Nukem Forever was revealed in 1997, and it didn't live up to its 12-year hype.

Diablo 3 was revealed in 2001. It will not deliver and meet its hype.

inb4 Gamespot 5.0 score

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 NaveedLife

This game is going to fail WORST than Duke Nukem Forever. Duke Nukem Forever was revealed in 1997, and it didn't live up to its 12-year hype.

inb4 Gamespot 5.0 score

FashionFreak

...I guess I missed that 2001 announcement.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
NIce thread brah! I WANT it to get AAA, but knowing Gamespot's "lulz were so cool and badass by underrating games" attitude it will probably get AA. Mark me down for AAA hype anyways, though.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

inb4 Gamespot 5.0 score

NaveedLife

2001? It was revealed in 2012, but was probably in dev for a bit longer.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 zarshack

inb4 Gamespot 5.0 score

FashionFreak

You're an idiot.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 zarshack

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="FashionFreak"]

inb4 Gamespot 5.0 score

dracolich55

2012? This game was announced at Blizzcon back in 2008...

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

zarshack

all right. then 4-year hype

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="dracolich55"] 2001? It was revealed in 2012, but was probably in dev for a bit longer.FashionFreak

all right. then 4-year hype

... which isn't really out of the question for a game development cycle. Hell, more games should be left in the cooker anyway.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#97 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Sweet thread. :)

Kinda want to make my own thread, too...there are a couple of pretty cool games coming out. Of course me being a lazy @$$ I doubt it. :P

My hype is AA-AAA, it's lingering on the two so I don't know where I fall. I guess I'll go for the AAA since I KNOW that's how it will be. :D

Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Elitro
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts

I enjoyed the beta, and the game is easy enough for the casual consolites who review pc games.

Will score 9+ for sure.

Solid_Sterb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Solid_Sterb
Member since 2010 • 1703 Posts

This is an amazing hype thread! Nice job!

I'm so pumped for this game! :D My hype is sitting at AAA at the moment.

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I can't wait for Diablo 3!

I remember buying Diablo when that launched back in the day, and of course, Diablo 2 playing with all my buds when it was the rage. :P

Although there was a bad ass Hype thread made by Sterb a while back, I'm happy to post in this one too. :P

NAPK1NS

Oh, crap. I think I posted in that too and just forgot...

... we'll let the community decide? I dunno' how to handle this one... took a crap load of time :cry:.

Glad to see everyone's voting high! I'm pumped, too. The beta is great.

I'm fine with using your thread. You've done an amazing job with it. :)

Plus, I'm assuming Diablo III will be released sometime during the summer, and I'll be out of the country then, and thus, unable to update the thread.

Feel free to use any of the stuff from my thread as well, if you want. It looks like you've got everything covered though. :P

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 NAPK1NS

This is an amazing hype thread! Nice job!

I'm so pumped for this game! :D My hype is sitting at AAA at the moment.

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I can't wait for Diablo 3!

I remember buying Diablo when that launched back in the day, and of course, Diablo 2 playing with all my buds when it was the rage. :P

Although there was a bad ass Hype thread made by Sterb a while back, I'm happy to post in this one too. :P

Solid_Sterb

Oh, crap. I think I posted in that too and just forgot...

... we'll let the community decide? I dunno' how to handle this one... took a crap load of time :cry:.

Glad to see everyone's voting high! I'm pumped, too. The beta is great.

I'm fine with using your thread. You've done an amazing job with it. :)

Plus, I'm assuming Diablo III will be released sometime during the summer, and I'll be out of the country then, and thus, unable to update the thread.

Feel free to use any of the stuff from my thread as well, if you want. It looks like you've got everything covered though. :P

I'm very sorry dude! Really wasn't trying to jack your thread! I'm a busy person/kind of a ***head so I forget stuff. I'll definitely credit your thread in the OP. But the plot thickens. I think W1NGMAN already called dibs on making a Hype Thread for Diablo... so, I think we're both screwed either way. :P Lockage acomin'!

EDIT: Anyone wanna' play the beta? I'm down to start some new characters. Messge me!