The Diablo III Hype Thread (PC Gaming is dead, blah, blah, 8.5@GS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3851 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

...I hope the game doesn't turn out to be a mindless WoW clone were grinding gear is all that matters...

...In Diablo 2 everything was skill based. You just needed the "basic" gear (Enigma, skill/life charms, torch/anni, HOTO or Grief, Stormshield for max block, Spirit for casters, Exile for Smiters etc)...

Mozelleple112

What in the what?

Also, Diablo 2 wasn't skill based. It was very much gear based with more ways to cheat death with potions and TPs. Every difficulty involved a gear check lest you stand around whacking at a mob forever before they gather up and bop you on the head. The thing with Diablo 2 is just as you said; get these runeword sets and you are pretty much golden for the rest of your D2 career since you have enough stats to deal with anything. That defeats the purpose of a loot whore game when there is an endgame to that gear.

As for Diablo 3, the one thing I am really bothered with is skill balance within classes. As a lv55 WD, the synergy between spirit walk and soul harvest is so overpowering that it transcends any specific build. It suddenly becomes that thing I need for both damage and survival, gimping myself if I choose to ignore both. While I suspect that tying classes to a primary stat has something to do with this, thus preventing players to evenly explore other stats for survival without solely relying on their "Get out of Jail Free" cards, I can't be too sure. That requires too much theorycrafting for my patience. All I know that these staples in my skill list are rendering their initial plans for class identity useless.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3852 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

DiabloIII2012-05-2922-56-26-01.jpg

So has this happened to anyone else? Multiple Mantras active at one time - and that isn't the cooldown after you initially select the Mantra

ReadingRainbow4

I believe that's the boon effect for mantra of healing. It lasts for a few seconds. though they did change the skills drastically so I'm not sure anymore, I haven't touched my monk in like a week.

These both run for the full however many minutes though, if you mouse over them they both say "Mantra of Healing Duration 4 Minutes" or whatever it says when you mouse over them.

I'm just wondering if I am getting a double mantra effect, my health has been restoring rapidly so I think I might.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3853 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Servers are down again, nice. Though, I couldn't log in in past 8 hours anyway. I'm really starting to regret that I didn't ask for refund couple days ago. Getting refunds now is more difficult. I would've liked to see if they really nerfed Inferno like some people claimed.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3854 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
HA! Just beat Nightmare. I'd like to see the drop rate on certain items adjusted in patches. Additionally, the Artisan's crafting selection isn't as generous to some classes as it is to others. For example, the Barbarian seems to have something to construct every upgrade or so, while the Monk will go multiple levels with nothing useful. Things will be fixed. The beauty of the Blizzard game. Other than that, best ARPG of the gen, duh.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3855 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

HA! Just beat Nightmare. I'd like to see the drop rate on certain items adjusted in patches. Additionally, the Artisan's crafting selection isn't as generous to some classes as it is to others. For example, the Barbarian seems to have something to construct every upgrade or so, while the Monk will go multiple levels with nothing useful. Things will be fixed. The beauty of the Blizzard game. Other than that, best ARPG of the gen, duh. NAPK1NS
crafting is awful at the moment, something they really need to adjust. why bother gambling on a potentially awful item, when you can hit up the AH for exactly what you need at an even lower cost.

The only thing it's useful for is blueprints.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3856 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

crafting is awful at the moment, something they really need to adjust. why bother gambling on a potentially awful item, when you can hit up the AH for exactly what you need at an even lower cost.

ReadingRainbow4

The good items aren't cheap, that's why. They're lowing the cost of all non-60 items, but stuff at 60 is staying the same.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3857 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]HA! Just beat Nightmare. I'd like to see the drop rate on certain items adjusted in patches. Additionally, the Artisan's crafting selection isn't as generous to some classes as it is to others. For example, the Barbarian seems to have something to construct every upgrade or so, while the Monk will go multiple levels with nothing useful. Things will be fixed. The beauty of the Blizzard game. Other than that, best ARPG of the gen, duh. ReadingRainbow4

Dude i feel the same way! I asked my friend if I should invest in the Blacksmith and he said yes, but now that I think about it, I still dont use the Blaskmith because of the chance of an item that wont benifit me at all. I could have spent my money on equipments I kknow would have worked for me in the auction house.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3858 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]HA! Just beat Nightmare. I'd like to see the drop rate on certain items adjusted in patches. Additionally, the Artisan's crafting selection isn't as generous to some classes as it is to others. For example, the Barbarian seems to have something to construct every upgrade or so, while the Monk will go multiple levels with nothing useful. Things will be fixed. The beauty of the Blizzard game. Other than that, best ARPG of the gen, duh. ReadingRainbow4

Crafting, aside from lowered cost, needs something that allows the player to influence which direction the crafted item is going. Personally they should go the D2 route and include gems into the crafting process. In otherwords, you have the option to have a randomly created item OR include a gem that may affect what the gem's color and stage normally handles (e.g. Ruby with Illustrious Gloves may give + to str, armor, attack dmg, yata yata). It maintains the random element while not feeling the cost is a waste because you got something that wasn't to your expectations.

There, I fixed crafting.

Heh, great minds think alike. Here is someone in the D3 forums with the same idea, only better worded.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3859 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts
Been playing Inferno with a Monk and it seems to be fine. If I go into a party the team has to be good though.
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3860 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UopJpDQ4gvo

How Diablow plays for me 90% of the time. I love the game, GOD except this DRM destroys it. I have no compunction to play and haven't logged on in like a week. When I do, it's stuttering and lag, lag, lag. Nice one Blizzard. I'll never buy another of your games again.

Ninja-Hippo
Yup. Same here. Only that guy is blaming his crappy internet; my internet connection is decent. I never have any trouble with it, play huge Battlefield 3 games without a problem. Yet Diablo 3 *on my own* causes all kinds of hiccups. Not cool blizzard. :(

Diablo 3 and Battlefield 3 work very differently.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3861 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]HA! Just beat Nightmare. I'd like to see the drop rate on certain items adjusted in patches. Additionally, the Artisan's crafting selection isn't as generous to some classes as it is to others. For example, the Barbarian seems to have something to construct every upgrade or so, while the Monk will go multiple levels with nothing useful. Things will be fixed. The beauty of the Blizzard game. Other than that, best ARPG of the gen, duh. Redmoonxl2

Crafting, aside from lowered cost, needs something that allows the player to influence which direction the crafted item is going. Personally they should go the D2 route and include gems into the crafting process. In otherwords, you have the option to have a randomly created item OR include a gem that may affect what the gem's color and stage normally handles (e.g. Ruby with Illustrious Gloves may give + to str, armor, attack dmg, yata yata). It maintains the random element while not feeling the cost is a waste because you got something that wasn't to your expectations.

There, I fixed crafting.

Heh, great minds think alike. Here is someone in the D3 forums with the same idea, only better worded.

Couldn't agree more. I really wish they would find a way to make greys and whites non useless. Either that or they can implement a way to filter them out entirely so I don't need to pick them up then dump them out.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3862 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]HA! Just beat Nightmare. I'd like to see the drop rate on certain items adjusted in patches. Additionally, the Artisan's crafting selection isn't as generous to some classes as it is to others. For example, the Barbarian seems to have something to construct every upgrade or so, while the Monk will go multiple levels with nothing useful. Things will be fixed. The beauty of the Blizzard game. Other than that, best ARPG of the gen, duh.

Things will be fixed? Same could be said for Skyrim at launch, eh?LOL Since this is a Blizzard game, shouldn't things be fixed at launch?
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3863 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]HA! Just beat Nightmare. I'd like to see the drop rate on certain items adjusted in patches. Additionally, the Artisan's crafting selection isn't as generous to some classes as it is to others. For example, the Barbarian seems to have something to construct every upgrade or so, while the Monk will go multiple levels with nothing useful. Things will be fixed. The beauty of the Blizzard game. Other than that, best ARPG of the gen, duh. dracolich55
Things will be fixed? Same could be said for Skyrim at launch, eh?LOL Since this is a Blizzard game, shouldn't things be fixed at launch?

This must be your first Blizzard game.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3864 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]HA! Just beat Nightmare. I'd like to see the drop rate on certain items adjusted in patches. Additionally, the Artisan's crafting selection isn't as generous to some classes as it is to others. For example, the Barbarian seems to have something to construct every upgrade or so, while the Monk will go multiple levels with nothing useful. Things will be fixed. The beauty of the Blizzard game. Other than that, best ARPG of the gen, duh. Redmoonxl2

Nope. Played WC 2-3, Starcraft 1-2, Diablo 1-3. And I also played Lost Vikings.

This must be YOUR first Blizzard game if you think this is as balanced and issue-free as the other Blizzard games.

Hey, at least SC2 worked at launch and was fairly balanced. This game is only balanced for normal, after that, and ESPECIALLY in inferno DH and Wiz are the only viable options since Monk and Barb are melee and die so fast, WD is practically useless.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3865 Redmoonxl2

This must be YOUR first Blizzard game if you think this is as balanced and issue-free as the other Blizzard games.

Hey, at least SC2 worked at launch and was fairly balanced. This game is only balanced for normal, after that, and ESPECIALLY in inferno DH and Wiz are the only viable options since Monk and Barb are melee and die so fast, WD is practically useless.

dracolich55

Diablo 2 was a mess at launch, so was WoW. Starcraft 1 (lolarbitorsandzerglategame) and 2 (map design favored everybody but zerg, also, reaper rushes), Warcraft 2 (lolspellcasters) and 3 (lolhumans), and even WoW (Mages killing everything, also loldeathcoil) were severely imbalanced with many more issues than the examples I've laid out. So yeah, first Blizzard game or you weren't paying enough attention.

Best part about Blizzard games is the product we get down the road, not the one at launch. Their games have always been work in progresses.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3866 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

Redmoonxl2

Diablo 2 was a mess at launch, so was WoW. Starcraft 1 (lolarbitorsandzerglategame) and 2 (map design favored everybody but zerg, also, reaper rushes), Warcraft 2 (lolspellcasters) and 3 (lolhumans), and even WoW (Mages killing everything, also loldeathcoil) were severely imbalanced with many more issues than the examples I've laid out. So yeah, first Blizzard game or you weren't paying enough attention.

Best part about Blizzard games is the product we get down the road, not the one at launch. Their games have always been work in progresses.

Don't blame others for your gaming skills, but my prime race in SC games is Protoss and I found it fairly balanced even in Sc2.

Diablo 2 was alright at launch as well, I don't know what your talking about. Maybe you just put your points into te wrong skills for the build you were going for?

and WoW is garbadge all around so I could care less. Its Blizzard's cash cow after all.

Sounds like were getting ripped off. Were not getting the product we want so we have to wait several years for it to be any good?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3867 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]Things will be fixed? Same could be said for Skyrim at launch, eh?LOL Since this is a Blizzard game, shouldn't things be fixed at launch?dracolich55

WD is the most powerful in a group, and can currently kill inferno azmodan in less than 25 seconds. Monk and Barb are nowhere near as useless as some people like to make out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3868 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Is anyone that is past Inferno Belial yet that can give access to Act 3? Im bored **** of attempting this guy.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3869 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

MBirdy88

WD is basically a CC bot. With really fast AS and DPS their darts can do a ton of damage. Wizard and DH can still dish out 3-4 times the damage a WD can with similar gear. I was watching a stream today of a demon hunter with 120k dps critting for about 330k. Killed inferno diablo in under 2 minutes.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3870 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

dracolich55

Don't blame others for your gaming skills, but my prime race in SC games is Protoss and I found it fairly balanced even in Sc2.

Diablo 2 was alright at launch as well, I don't know what your talking about. Maybe you just put your points into te wrong skills for the build you were going for?

and WoW is garbadge all around so I could care less. Its Blizzard's cash cow after all.

Sounds like were getting ripped off. Were not getting the product we want so we have to wait several years for it to be any good?

You are being moronic. The issues I've laid out weren't from me "lacking gaming skills", these were legit imbalances and issues with Blizzard games that the community of all those games expressed and that Blizzard had to address. I find it hilarious that you stated Protoss was balanced in SC2 at launch (4Gate says hi). Also, going "hur hur WoW sucks hur hur" isn't an argument. As for Witch Doctor...

Again, you are obviously very new or very unaware about Blizzard games to speak on how their games develop. I think we're done here.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3871 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

Redmoonxl2

You are being moronic. The issues I've laid out weren't from me "lacking gaming skills", these were legit imbalances and issues with Blizzard games that the community of all those games expressed and that Blizzard had to address. I find it hilarious that you stated Protoss was balanced in SC2 at launch (4Gate says hi). Also, going "hur hur WoW sucks hur hur" isn't an argument. As for Witch Doctor...

Again, you are obviously very new or very unaware about Blizzard games to speak on how their games develop. I think we're done here.

I think it just might be your Blizzard fanboyism preventing you to accept the flaws of Diablo 3, I think your unaware of previous Blizzard titles. THey were MUCH more balanced than this. Even people previous in this thread were saying how Barb and Monk in Inferno is "useless" or "laughable", as for WD, WD is good against bosses but how bout the rest of the game? LOL, in inferno and even late hell WD and DH are the only way to go.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3872 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

dracolich55

I think it just might be your Blizzard fanboyism preventing you to accept the flaws of Diablo 3, I think your unaware of previous Blizzard titles. THey were MUCH more balanced than this. Even people previous in this thread were saying how Barb and Monk in Inferno is "useless" or "laughable", as for WD, WD is good against bosses but how bout the rest of the game? LOL, in inferno and even late hell WD and DH are the only way to go.

Only Barb and Monk are NOT useless in inferno, your going by whiners that wanted to steam-roll inferno as easily as the other 3 difficulties. There are pleanty of both progressing/farming inferno. And if you think only WZ DH are the only way to go for Hell Act 3/4 and Inferno act 1 I hate to break it to you, but its you... not the class. You disregard WoW when that is the only real comparable game made by blizzard in a similar genre, and a cookie cutter bloody dune style rts like Warcraft/starcraft is by far an easier thing to balance.... mainly because the numbers dont scale ridiculously as they do in RPGs like WoW/Diablo. Diablo was never EVER balanced.... not even close, and it was no better than D3s, only D3 is difficult instead of a cake-walk so you saw ALOT LESS whining. Anyone of any class who is worth thier salt can do Act I and most of Act 2 no problem, barely any can do Act 3/4 easily, not even WZ/DH (Minus the ones that abused thier way to 100k DPS before fixes.)
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3873 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"]

MBirdy88

Only Barb and Monk are NOT useless in inferno, your going by whiners that wanted to steam-roll inferno as easily as the other 3 difficulties. There are pleanty of both progressing/farming inferno. And if you think only WZ DH are the only way to go for Hell Act 3/4 and Inferno act 1 I hate to break it to you, but its you... not the class. You disregard WoW when that is the only real comparable game made by blizzard in a similar genre, and a cookie cutter bloody dune style rts like Warcraft/starcraft is by far an easier thing to balance.... mainly because the numbers dont scale ridiculously as they do in RPGs like WoW/Diablo. Diablo was never EVER balanced.... not even close, and it was no better than D3s, only D3 is difficult instead of a cake-walk so you saw ALOT LESS whining. Anyone of any class who is worth thier salt can do Act I and most of Act 2 no problem, barely any can do Act 3/4 easily, not even WZ/DH (Minus the ones that abused thier way to 100k DPS before fixes.)

Inferno is when Monk and Barb are useless, I meant that they still have a lot of trouble in late hell.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3874 Redmoonxl2

dracolich55

So I acknowledged both Blizzard's past issues with their games and current issues with D3, and I get called out as a fanboy while you state that Blizzard's track record of perfection has only been recently tarnished? Is this the true face of System Wars stupidity?

By the way, nice dodge of the past issues I brought up in Blizzard games. Much easier to ignore them, amirite? Hard to comment on things you aren't that familiar with, I guess

Also, here is some Witch Doctor theorycrafting for Inferno.And then there is some Barbarian Inferno from one of the most knowledgable players of D3, Kripp. You might actually learn something about the game from them since you apparently aren't learning it all too well on your own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3875 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="dracolich55"]

dracolich55

Inferno is when Monk and Barb are useless, I meant that they still have a lot of trouble in late hell.

Only you are wrong and they are not useless and hell is not hard for anything other than a Witch Doctor.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3876 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Only Barb and Monk are NOT useless in inferno, your going by whiners that wanted to steam-roll inferno as easily as the other 3 difficulties. There are pleanty of both progressing/farming inferno. And if you think only WZ DH are the only way to go for Hell Act 3/4 and Inferno act 1 I hate to break it to you, but its you... not the class. You disregard WoW when that is the only real comparable game made by blizzard in a similar genre, and a cookie cutter bloody dune style rts like Warcraft/starcraft is by far an easier thing to balance.... mainly because the numbers dont scale ridiculously as they do in RPGs like WoW/Diablo. Diablo was never EVER balanced.... not even close, and it was no better than D3s, only D3 is difficult instead of a cake-walk so you saw ALOT LESS whining. Anyone of any class who is worth thier salt can do Act I and most of Act 2 no problem, barely any can do Act 3/4 easily, not even WZ/DH (Minus the ones that abused thier way to 100k DPS before fixes.)MBirdy88

Only you are wrong and they are not useless and hell is not hard for anything other than a Witch Doctor.

They are clearly far less viable then the other 3....

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3877 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]I think it just might be your Blizzard fanboyism preventing you to accept the flaws of Diablo 3, I think your unaware of previous Blizzard titles. THey were MUCH more balanced than this. Even people previous in this thread were saying how Barb and Monk in Inferno is "useless" or "laughable", as for WD, WD is good against bosses but how bout the rest of the game? LOL, in inferno and even late hell WD and DH are the only way to go.

Redmoonxl2

So I acknowledged both Blizzard's past issues with their games and current issues with D3, and I get called out as a fanboy while you state that Blizzard's track record of perfection has only been recently tarnished? Is this the true face of System Wars stupidity?

By the way, nice dodge of the past issues I brought up in Blizzard games. Much easier to ignore them, amirite? Hard to comment on things you aren't that familiar with, I guess

Also, here is some Witch Doctor theorycrafting for Inferno.And then there is some Barbarian Inferno from one of the most knowledgable players of D3, Kripp. You might actually learn something about the game from them since you apparently aren't learning it all too well on your own.

No, you just brought in other games to make Diablo 3 look good, like Blizzards been doing this forvever but they havn't.

And I DID comment on them on a previous post, I said how Diablo 2 was okay with balancing, much better then this anyways, aslo I said with SC2 which was also much more balanced then this. Maps for zerg? Someones just sad they have a large track list of zerg losses.

"theorycrafting"

Theres a reason its aclled "theorycrafting" and not "factual evidence"

Not everyone is a Diablo 3 god, the average player would do much better with a DH/Wiz in inferno then barb. For Barb your going to need to pull out your wallet for the AH while you can faceroll inferno with medicore gear with a Wiz/DH.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3878 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Only Barb and Monk are NOT useless in inferno, your going by whiners that wanted to steam-roll inferno as easily as the other 3 difficulties. There are pleanty of both progressing/farming inferno. And if you think only WZ DH are the only way to go for Hell Act 3/4 and Inferno act 1 I hate to break it to you, but its you... not the class. You disregard WoW when that is the only real comparable game made by blizzard in a similar genre, and a cookie cutter bloody dune style rts like Warcraft/starcraft is by far an easier thing to balance.... mainly because the numbers dont scale ridiculously as they do in RPGs like WoW/Diablo. Diablo was never EVER balanced.... not even close, and it was no better than D3s, only D3 is difficult instead of a cake-walk so you saw ALOT LESS whining. Anyone of any class who is worth thier salt can do Act I and most of Act 2 no problem, barely any can do Act 3/4 easily, not even WZ/DH (Minus the ones that abused thier way to 100k DPS before fixes.)MBirdy88

So it is unbalanced aand you admit it?

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3879 Redmoonxl2

No, you just brought in other games to make Diablo 3 look good, like Blizzards been doing this forvever but they havn't.dracolich55

Yes, that was my masterplan; to admit that D3 has faults, acknowledge those faults, then showing other faults with other Blizzard games.

/SWlogic

And I DID comment on them on a previous post, I said how Diablo 2 was okay with balancing, much better then this anyways, aslo I said with SC2 which was also much more balanced then this. Maps for zerg? Someones just sad they have a large track list of zerg losses.dracolich55

Enough STR/DEX for items, rest in Vit, 20 points on spammable skill, rest on synergies. GREAT BALANCE! Also, D2 launch was a mess server wise.

KulasRavine_SC2_Map1.jpg

If you cannot tell me why this map is broken for Zerg, you don't know sh1t about Starcraft 2. By the way, at launch, I was a Plat player. You were probably scrubbing it up at copper when there was a copper.

"theorycrafting"

Theres a reason its aclled "theorycrafting" and not "factual evidence"dracolich55

Good job not watching the video! He was putting it into practice, which is why theorycraft is what it is; Take a theory, use it, tweek it till it works.

Not everyone is a Diablo 3 god, the average player would do much better with a DH/Wiz in inferno then barb. For Barb your going to need to pull out your wallet for the AH while you can faceroll inferno with medicore gear with a Wiz/DH.

dracolich55

Oh, so you admit that some issues with balance has more to do with player inability? There may be hope for you yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3880 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

fueled-system

They are clearly far less viable then the other 3....

They are not as good no, but far from impossible or anything like that. They can survive certain combinations that I cant and vice versa, but then no rpg is balanced from release, on a high difficulty with so highly inflated numbers (As Blizzard have said they will be toning down spike damage alittle soon). That being said, there is no excuse for the broken WZ/DH builds that were once available ..... idiot number crunching on their behalf's. Luckily I killed belial earlier without anything like that :D. But im bored at the moment, Act 3 is incredibly tedious even as a Wizard, and when enemies still drop lvl 57 blues and absolutely **** yellows 99% of the time I am now burned out. Dont want to farm hell for gold to spend 1M+ on a new upgrade, it is abit broken. but its the difficulties fault. Gamers wanted spank the pinnata but difficult (unlike Diablo 2.... where there was no challenge) but it creates a level of frustration not presant in its predecessor. More proof that so called "Core Gamers" cant handle attrition in the slightest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3881 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

dracolich55

So it is unbalanced aand you admit it?

Little known fact of life for you, not a single multiplayer rpg has balance across all classes, usually far from it on release. if you have a problem with this, get some patience for patching, or simply quit this genre...
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3882 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]No, you just brought in other games to make Diablo 3 look good, like Blizzards been doing this forvever but they havn't.Redmoonxl2

Yes, that was my masterplan; to admit that D3 has faults, acknowledge those faults, then showing other faults with other Blizzard games.

/SWlogic

And I DID comment on them on a previous post, I said how Diablo 2 was okay with balancing, much better then this anyways, aslo I said with SC2 which was also much more balanced then this. Maps for zerg? Someones just sad they have a large track list of zerg losses.dracolich55

Enough STR/DEX for items, rest in Vit, 20 points on spammable skill, rest on synergies. GREAT BALANCE! Also, D2 launch was a mess server wise.

KulasRavine_SC2_Map1.jpg

If you cannot tell me why this map is broken for Zerg, you don't know sh1t about Starcraft 2. By the way, at launch, I was a Plat player. You were probably scrubbing it up at copper when there was a copper.

"theorycrafting"

Theres a reason its aclled "theorycrafting" and not "factual evidence"dracolich55

Good job not watching the video! He was putting it into practice, which is why theorycraft is what it is; Take a theory, use it, tweek it till it works.

dracolich55

Oh, so you admit that some issues with balance has more to do with player inability? There may be hope for you yet.

D2 was fine with servers, don't know what your talking about. Sounds like you were still a toddler when D2 came out. And as for the stats? Please, thats just probab;y what YOU did and what a lot of mindless, lazy gamers who want a "best" build go for, even though there is better options out there depending on your build and class. Don't generalize yourslef with everyone else.

As for the map, its not broken and favored towards the zerg. That just must be the map you lost to the zerg on. When I played Sc2, sometimes I beat the zerg and sometimes they beat me. Its all about player skill, you don't have to be sad about all those losses to the zerg. Just learn to play agianst the zerg and then you will be alright.k?

And yeah tweaking it till it works. Meaning about 90% of the other skills are useless, right? wow, so balanced.

And no its not about player skill, you need some $$$ IRL to survive longer than 5 seconds on inferno with the melee classes while with the Wiz and DH any monkey with some blues and do inferno. Yeah, so balanced. Melee Classes require cash just to survive while the ranged classes just faceroll inferno?

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3883 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

My problem with Diablo 3 right now is that NOOOOO good gear is dropping for my DH. Im lvl 48 and just started Act 4 on Nightmare and it feels like my character is very underpowered. I spent a lot of my gold on Blacksmith and that turned out to useless also. The gear on the AH feels over priced and besides my lvl increasing I fell like im going nowhere with the game.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3884 Redmoonxl2

D2 was fine with servers, don't know what your talking about. Sounds like you were still a toddler when D2 came out. And as for the stats? Please, thats just probab;y what YOU did and what a lot of mindless, lazy gamers who want a "best" build go for, even though there is better options out there depending on your build and class. Don't generalize yourslef with everyone else.dracolich55

28 years old, so no. There were tons of connection errors involved in B.net 1.0 that prevented people from playing together, especially in D2.

As for stat allocation, that was the best, most optimal way to approach every build. It has been mathed to death to the point that it revealed D2's illusion of choice. So yeah, you don't know what you are talking about.

As for the map, its not broken and favored towards the zerg. That just must be the map you lost to the zerg on. When I played Sc2, sometimes I beat the zerg and sometimes they beat me. Its all about player skill, you don't have to be sad about all those losses to the zerg. Just learn to play agianst the zerg and then you will be alright.k?dracolich55

You are stating that Kulas Ravine is not broken, especially as a zerg player.

I want you to say that map design has no impact on balance to these guys, only player skill. Also make sure to mention Kulas Ravine. Seriously, I bet they will have a good laugh over your sheer stupidity.

And yeah tweaking it till it works. Meaning about 90% of the other skills are useless, right? wow, so balanced.dracolich55

Yep, I said exactly just that. You are a bright one, thinking up new ways to twist an argument so it works in your favor despite not addressing the initial point. Well, bright or really, really dumb.

And no its not about player skill, you need some $$$ IRL to survive longer than 5 seconds on inferno with the melee classes while with the Wiz and DH any monkey with some blues and do inferno. Yeah, so balanced. Melee Classes require cash just to survive while the ranged classes just faceroll inferno?dracolich55

GASP! A loot whore game requires loot to progress?!

Anyways, I already addressed itemization being bonkers, but needing actual money? The RMAH ain't even out yet. If you aren't finding what you need and don't want to use the AH, socialize with others in general, trade with them, play with them, yata yata. There are enough tools outside of AH to increase your pool of items.

You are exposing your ignorance, Drac. Seriously, the stuff you are typing out borders on insanity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3885 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

My problem with Diablo 3 right now is that NOOOOO good gear is dropping for my DH. Im lvl 48 and just started Act 4 on Nightmare and it feels like my character is very underpowered. I spent a lot of my gold on Blacksmith and that turned out to useless also. The gear on the AH feels over priced and besides my lvl increasing I fell like im going nowhere with the game.

RyanShazam
Loot seems to be a huge problem with this game, it sucks, and is bland/boring. I have like 80hes logged and have seen nothing but blues and yellows, 99% of them useless, let me tell you, great fun running the same 4 acts for theis boring loot. Does blizzard expect everyone to run inferno for decent loot? Because my toons are on hell and no loot yet. People will defend this and bash me, but ir is actually a big problem and many people are talking about it, a loot game with no loot just run the same 4 acts over and over and over ...........etc for what? I sure when blizzard gets teh rmah up and running the loot will get better, or maybe a paid expansion. So far its just not cutting it . The closest I got to excited about loot was when a guy droped a green manual, i thought it was loot for a min but no it was just more pointless jabber
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3886 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Love the game, only problem I have is needing to buy AH items to progress inferno with my monk. I can't farm the items needed cause they drop in further acts, so I have to buy the items, but who is selling those items? The OP classes that were badly designed and can "faceroll" inferno. It's not fair.

Meanwhile Blizzard keeps nerfing Monk every patch. Cause Monk and Barb don't clearly have it the worst...

Wiped like 30 times today on Belial. Inferno is so hard, I don't mind, but it annoys me know DH and wizards are getting rich off badly designed Blizzard choices.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3887 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]D2 was fine with servers, don't know what your talking about. Sounds like you were still a toddler when D2 came out. And as for the stats? Please, thats just probab;y what YOU did and what a lot of mindless, lazy gamers who want a "best" build go for, even though there is better options out there depending on your build and class. Don't generalize yourslef with everyone else.Redmoonxl2

28 years old, so no. There were tons of connection errors involved in B.net 1.0 that prevented people from playing together, especially in D2.

As for stat allocation, that was the best, most optimal way to approach every build. It has been mathed to death to the point that it revealed D2's illusion of choice. So yeah, you don't know what you are talking about.

As for the map, its not broken and favored towards the zerg. That just must be the map you lost to the zerg on. When I played Sc2, sometimes I beat the zerg and sometimes they beat me. Its all about player skill, you don't have to be sad about all those losses to the zerg. Just learn to play agianst the zerg and then you will be alright.k?dracolich55

I want you to say that map design has no impact on balance to these guys, only player skill. Also make sure to mention Kulas Ravine. Seriously, I bet they will have a good laugh over your sheer stupidity.

And yeah tweaking it till it works. Meaning about 90% of the other skills are useless, right? wow, so balanced.dracolich55

Yep, I said exactly just that. You are a bright one, thinking up new ways to twist an argument so it works in your favor despite not addressing the initial point. Well, bright or really, really dumb.

And no its not about player skill, you need some $$$ IRL to survive longer than 5 seconds on inferno with the melee classes while with the Wiz and DH any monkey with some blues and do inferno. Yeah, so balanced. Melee Classes require cash just to survive while the ranged classes just faceroll inferno?dracolich55

Anyways, I already addressed itemization being bonkers, but needing actual money? The RMAH ain't even out yet. If you aren't finding what you need and don't want to use the AH, socialize with others in general, trade with them, play with them, yata yata. There are enough tools outside of AH to increase your pool of items.

You are exposing your ignorance, Drac. Seriously, the stuff you are typing out borders on insanity.

The severs were fine in D2, you don't know what you were talking about. I'm saying this from personal experience.

What? Bringing up some random article to prove a point? You do know that person's aritcle is just his opinion, not factual evidence LOL You sound like the type of guy who would bring up the metascore of MW2 to prove its a good game.

How bought showing more than one map to prove that the entire game of SC2 is unbalanced? Z0Mg ONE OF TEH MANY MAPS IS TOO HARD FOR ME TO WIN ON BECAUSE I SUCK AT THIS GAME.... SOOOO UNBALANCED

And even then, I have a friend who is above me on the ladder (he is diamond and I was plat when I still played) and he plas primarily Zerg, I don't know if I have played on that map but I have defeated him MANY times despite him being a better player, and zerg.

So you agree D3 is unbalanced to the point of 90% of the skills not even being viable?

Yeah a loot whore game that requires loot to progress, unless your a Wiz or DH LOL

The RMAH is not out yet, I mean if it was, all those Barbarians and Monks would be able to live for than 5 seconds in inferno, right?

Exposing my ignorance? sorry, but I think you are exposing yours. Hiding behind another mans's opinion because you can't form your own, using the fact that you suck at SC2 and are just mad at zerg players for owing you as a point to saying Sc2 is unbalanced..... I think maybe you need a break from SW and instead of scourging the Internet to find some more opinion tothrow at me as factual evidence you need to read a book, or talk a walk to just relax yourself, calm those nerves and just cool down.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3888 ChubbyGuy40

dracolich55

Our monk and barb players are doing just fine in Inferno. Barb just requires extra resistances and life on hit to be very good.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3889 Redmoonxl2

The severs were fine in D2, you don't know what you were talking about. I'm saying this from personal experience.

What? Bringing up some random article to prove a point? You do know that person's aritcle is just his opinion, not factual evidence LOL You sound like the type of guy who would bring up the metascore of MW2 to prove its a good game.

How bought showing more than one map to prove that the entire game of SC2 is unbalanced? Z0Mg ONE OF TEH MANY MAPS IS TOO HARD FOR ME TO WIN ON BECAUSE I SUCK AT THIS GAME.... SOOOO UNBALANCED

And even then, I have a friend who is above me on the ladder (he is diamond and I was plat when I still played) and he plas primarily Zerg, I don't know if I have played on that map but I have defeated him MANY times despite him being a better player, and zerg.

So you agree D3 is unbalanced to the point of 90% of the skills not even being viable?

Yeah a loot whore game that requires loot to progress, unless your a Wiz or DH LOL

The RMAH is not out yet, I mean if it was, all those Barbarians and Monks would be able to live for than 5 seconds in inferno, right?

Exposing my ignorance? sorry, but I think you are exposing yours. Hiding behind another mans's opinion because you can't form your own, using the fact that you suck at SC2 and are just mad at zerg players for owing you as a point to saying Sc2 is unbalanced..... I think maybe you need a break from SW and instead of scourging the Internet to find some more opinion tothrow at me as factual evidence you need to read a book, or talk a walk to just relax yourself, calm those nerves and just cool down.

dracolich55

1) Bnet 1.0 was terrible. Anybody who says otherwise never had to deal with it.

2) David Sirlin is a game developer and one of the best Street Fighter players in the world. He analyzed game design since the 90s and gave out sufficientreasons why D2's system was crap....if you have read the article.

3) Lost Temple, Blistering Sands, Delta Quadrant, Desert Oasis, Incineration Zone, Scrap Station. You couldn't articulate why Kulas Ravine was "balanced", and beating your friend doesn't mean a thing. You are terrible at Starcraft 2 so stop talking about it.

4) Skill imbalance exists, but I'm not going to agreewith moronically made up stats like 90%.

5) Throw a Wizard or a Demon Hunter into inferno without sufficient gear. See how that works out. Same with Barbs and Monk. I already posted a video where a Barb tanked and killed several inferno elite packs at once solo.

Congrats, you are officially dumb.

Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3890 Redmoonxl2

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

ChubbyGuy40

Our monk and barb players are doing just fine in Inferno. Barb just requires extra resistances and life on hit to be very good.

Drac is really good at taking heresay and making it seem like fact without much of an explanation on why things are the way they are.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3891 R3FURBISHED

I understand the Auction House now, sell my Rares for 2500 gold and make an enormous profit for which I use to buy stuff I want. Awesome. Really is good because my Monk is kicking ass in Nightmare so I don't know need to worry about upgrading outside of a higher magic find.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3892 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]D2 was fine with servers, don't know what your talking about. Sounds like you were still a toddler when D2 came out. And as for the stats? Please, thats just probab;y what YOU did and what a lot of mindless, lazy gamers who want a "best" build go for, even though there is better options out there depending on your build and class. Don't generalize yourslef with everyone else.Redmoonxl2

you were right about Diablo 2 speccing. I checked the first article you posted and HOLY FUARK that guy pisses me off, like I literally want to murder him for the bullcrap he's saying. He's supporting the horrible Diablo 3 skill **** ? He's IN FAVOUR of Diablo III not having a stat system? What kind of an RPG game decides your stats FOR YOU? I have almost NOTHING to look forward to when I level in D3. In D2 it was an absolute blast each ting I heard my character level up. Diablo 2 was about building perfection. I would uber run my charcters to lvl 93-95 and have 95 skills and 475 stat points to choose. Because of how "wealthy" I was I could put every single stat point (yes, all 475) into vitality to gain maximum life because my torch/anni/enigma/bugbelt/amulet gave me enough strength and dexterity to have maxblock (with my main char; Smiter paladin) with my other chars I had to put a few stats into dex if I went for a maxblock build or completely ignored it if I didn't go for max block. Diablo III doesn't have this system. Instead, my lvl 34 Wizard has 60 strength and I wish I had 40 more points in vitality. I'm smart enough to realize strength is useless and my character would have 400 more life because of that fact. What a load of fricken crap. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SKILL RUNES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOl. Seriously that guy should shut the **** up for being fascinated by the POS that is the skill rune system in D3. It was MUCH better in Diablo II. 1 skill/level Smiter would go like this: 20 points into Smite (main attack) 20 points into Holy Shield, main buff (to increase damage, defense and block) 20 points into fanatascism. main aura (to increase damage and attack speed) 20 into FOH (to fend off casters) rest into that lightning aura to increase FOH damage. The same goes for all of my other charcaters. I didn't HAVE to build them like this, but I REALIZED this was the optimal way of creating a "perfect character". Why the **** would I want to unlock every single skill and have NO way of improving a skill except CHOOSING a rune? The only thing that differntiates a weak character and a strong one is.. DING DING! items in Diablo III. D2 was about: PLAYER STATS PLAYER SKILLS ITEMS (like D3) INVENTORY and most importantly.. How skilled you were and setting lettered hotkeys and flicking through them, namelocking, synching, etc. Diablo used to require strategic planning, skill setting and A LOT of skill. Now its just items, items, items. HURR DURR WHICH RUNE TO PUT IN.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3893 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

Redmoonxl2

1) Bnet 1.0 was terrible. Anybody who says otherwise never had to deal with it.

2) David Sirlin is a game developer and one of the best Street Fighter players in the world. He analyzed game design since the 90s and gave out sufficientreasons why D2's system was crap....if you have read the article.

3) Lost Temple, Blistering Sands, Delta Quadrant, Desert Oasis, Incineration Zone, Scrap Station. You couldn't articulate why Kulas Ravine was "balanced", and beating your friend doesn't mean a thing. You are terrible at Starcraft 2 so stop talking about it.

4) Skill imbalance exists, but I'm not going to agreewith moronically made up stats like 90%.

5) Throw a Wizard or a Demon Hunter into inferno without sufficient gear. See how that works out. Same with Barbs and Monk. I already posted a video where a Barb tanked and killed several inferno elite packs at once solo.

Congrats, you are officially dumb.

This David Sirlin guy sounds like one of those garbage players I would 10-0 in public games :lol: obviously mad because he couldn't compete with us highly skilled D2 players. yes Diablo III is much better for those who completely failed D2 PVP.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3894 ReadingRainbow4

I understand the Auction House now, sell my Rares for 2500 gold and make an enormous profit for which I use to buy stuff I want. Awesome. Really is good because my Monk is kicking ass in Nightmare so I don't know need to worry about upgrading outside of a higher magic find.

R3FURBISHED
trying to buy some decent gear for my DH for inferno, is just rediculous at the moment. I have like 400k. I guess I should just look for some 700-800 dmg xbows but +dex is always nice. +vitality is useless at the end apparently.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3895 Redmoonxl2

There was skill in D2 PvP? I though it was just teleporting/running around and attempt to spam fast enough to catch someone with a one hit kill. It's cute, but not entertaining.

Everything is preference, but the problem with D2 is that it pretends to offer something it just couldn't. The same issue exists in D3 currently, even if the way it handles skills is infinitely better than what was found in D2. One step at a time, I guess.

Trinexxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3896 Trinexxx
Member since 2008 • 883 Posts
Finally just beat Hell. About to start up Inferno with my WD, do you guys think it's worth spending 500k for the Staff of Herding on Hell?
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3897 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

ReadingRainbow4

trying to buy some decent gear for my DH for inferno, is just rediculous at the moment. I have like 400k. I guess I should just look for some 700-800 dmg xbows but +dex is always nice. +vitality is useless at the end apparently.

700-800 damage? Yeesh, I just found my first two 100+ DPS weapons.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3898 ChubbyGuy40

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

R3FURBISHED

I've seen them go over 1200dps. I've got a few 1k+ 2h maces from farming in Inferno. Even scored myself a nice 1h sword for about 770dps. My Wizard is very happy with it. :P

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3899 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] trying to buy some decent gear for my DH for inferno, is just rediculous at the moment. I have like 400k. I guess I should just look for some 700-800 dmg xbows but +dex is always nice. +vitality is useless at the end apparently.ChubbyGuy40

I've seen them go over 1200dps. I've got a few 1k+ 2h maces from farming in Inferno. Even scored myself a nice 1h sword for about 770dps. My Wizard is very happy with it. :P

the people in general chat love to show their lvl 60 gear. Its crazy how much of a jump there is between Nightmare and Inferno

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3900 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"] trying to buy some decent gear for my DH for inferno, is just rediculous at the moment. I have like 400k. I guess I should just look for some 700-800 dmg xbows but +dex is always nice. +vitality is useless at the end apparently.ChubbyGuy40

Oh yeah but those cost 2-3 million, I'm trying to get by on the cheap at the moment.