The Diablo III Hype Thread (PC Gaming is dead, blah, blah, 8.5@GS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3801 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Why have pentagrams as satanic imagery when Diablo is not Satan? Sometimes design decisions are made and if they were in the first game it doesn't mean it'll be in the second or third.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3802 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Check out this video of a monk and Barb duo on inferno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IiU-PxTl5u8

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3803 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts

ONCE AGAIN, the legend is right, I said AAE, and you said AAAE, deal with it!!! I love hermit owning. Also can PC get a retail AAAE? When was the last? Starcraft garbage? jeez no wonder why herms are touchy.

Klipsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3804 Klipsh
Member since 2012 • 608 Posts

ONCE AGAIN, the legend is right, I said AAE, and you said AAAE, deal with it!!! I love hermit owning. Also can PC get a retail AAAE? When was the last? Starcraft garbage? jeez no wonder why herms are touchy.

ForzaGearsFace
standards are higher on pc
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3805 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]

Klipsh

Do you honestly believe that? I mean, a good game is a good game no matter what platform it is on.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3806 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Klipsh"][QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]

dracolich55

Do you honestly believe that? I mean, a good game is a good game no matter what platform it is on.

Reviewing standards are higher for PC. Kevin-V told us that a long time ago.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3807 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61536 Posts

ForzaGearsFace

Ahhh, sh*tonmyface is back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3808 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

This is what CDPR thinkshttp://www.cinemablend.com/games/GOG-com-Says-Diablo-3-DRM-Danger-Gaming-History-42969.html

ChubbyGuy40

That's CD Projekt, not the developers at CDPR.

Can we stop idolizing CDProject RED as some sort of gods gift to PC Gaming when they bragged about PC Gamers supporting them with thier even crappier than origin DD service? and keeping the console version a secret until enough people bought the game? and sending out warning FINE letters to possible pirates? and realising "Enhanced Editions" which if was any other dev would of been "LAZY AND SHOULD OF BEEN THERE ON RELEASE". Honest to god, make a half-decent rpg based on good novels and suddenly they are the best thing ever :roll:
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3809 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

ReadingRainbow4
Hahahaahahh, that is fitting
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3810 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

ReadingRainbow4

thats the funniest thing i've seen in a while. thanks for that

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3811 dracolich55

If your a WD struggling in inferno, check this out. Evr since watching this, I have become so much better at playing the WD.

Amazing WD Inferno Tactics video:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5593229455

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3812 dracolich55

And its actually a WD guys, you know it is one since he has a mojo.

obvious mojo is obvious.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3813 R3FURBISHED

If your a WD struggling in inferno, check this out. Evr since watching this, I have become so much better at playing the WD.

Amazing WD Inferno Tactics video:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5593229455

dracolich55
Already beaten to it
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3814 dracolich55

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

R3FURBISHED

Already beaten to it

Read my second post after that.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3815 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

ForzaGearsFace

:roll:

funny thing is that pc this gen has more AAAE than xbox and ps3.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3816 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

R3FURBISHED

thats the funniest thing i've seen in a while. thanks for that

Barb uses WW at the 00.24 second mark
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3817 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]

MK-Professor

ok count xbla games, and games only on the ps3 and 360 like GOTY red dead redemption, bayonetta. vanquish that arent on PC cause its a low rate platform and you get...more AAA's on the 360, consoles win again, diablo joke AA just like I predicted.

Avatar image for TranquilityBlue
TranquilityBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3818 TranquilityBlue
Member since 2011 • 322 Posts

Is it back up?!!

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3819 KingsMessenger
Member since 2009 • 2574 Posts

How the hell has the game been down for like 15 hours?

Jesus, Blizzard, get your **** together.

Edit - I say that and it finally logs in... After thirty Error 37s...

Sidenote - Why would Blizzard make it so that you automatically join general chat when you start playing? I don't want spam in my game. If I wanted to talk to some random guy, I can join the chat channel on my own. Blizzard is basically making it into an automatic spam channel that people have to opt out of rather than opt in. Again... WTF Blizzard?

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3820 ReadingRainbow4

I keep getting error 37, *sigh*.

*finally got in*

error 3006, error 37 again.

lol, damnit.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3821 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

How the hell has the game been down for like 15 hours?

Jesus, Blizzard, get your **** together.

Edit - I say that and it finally logs in... After thirty Error 37s...

Sidenote - Why would Blizzard make it so that you automatically join general chat when you start playing? I don't want spam in my game. If I wanted to talk to some random guy, I can join the chat channel on my own. Blizzard is basically making it into an automatic spam channel that people have to opt out of rather than opt in. Again... WTF Blizzard?

KingsMessenger

Probably as a less-than-subtle reminder that Blizzard doesn't consider D3 a singleplayer game, so we should all shut up about how the game should have an offline mode (even though they somehow managed to break the authentication servers again).

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3822 dracolich55

Saw this post on the Diablo III forums:

Well I have to applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very, very pleased.

You've taken a game with so much hype built around it, a game with a rabid and wildly large fan base, a game vaulting off of the massive success of the previous generation - and you've turned it into your sacrificial lamb.

I understand that WoW is dying. The cash cow that you have been able to depend on to fill your coffers is finally drying up. It had a great run. MoP is not likely to defibrillate the failing heart of what was once the WoW empire, and you know this. Starcraft 2, while an amazing game, cannot replace this cash cow - then again it wasn't meant to. How could it? Your business foresight is very, very attuned. Because of this you carefully planned your next chess move: Diablo 3.

What better way to birth another golden goose than to bank an entire game off of the most addictive part of what Diablo 2 was: the item grind. Pure brilliance. And so, from the ground up, you formed this game to be solely about item exchange - this would be the titan built to replace WoW's subscription based bankroll in the form of micro transactions.

Except one thing: you're boring.

On May 15th 2012, after nearly a decade of anticipation, we were given Diablo 3! Except, it's not quite Diablo 3. It's a slimmed down, cut up version of the Diablo 3 everyone was taught to expect. Except, it wasn't given to us, we still had to pay you full price for it: $60.

My how the mighty hath fallen. Why is it not Diablo 3, you say? Well let's see. Anyone remember all those teaser videos spoon fed to the community over the past 3 years? Videos slowly leaking to us glimpses of the content we could expect to experience? I do.

From nearly FOUR years ago:

@2:10 "These current weapons just won't do!":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0YkUH6r6c&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=1&feature=plcp

I guess scrapping this idea all together was more developmentally cost effective.

@6:30 "Let's see what a real fight looks like."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4K6e2q10g&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=10&feature=plcp

Indeed, lets. I'm still waiting, actually. Is it just me or does that environment look entirely more engaging than the atmosphere we've purchased at release?

@2:00 Did he say randomized, dungeons, quests and encounters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAyxY7mjzI&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=7&feature=plcp

If their idea of newly generated fights, quests and environments is a continuous cycle of the same things from a pre-conceived list, he's spot on!

So where's the beef? - some might say. The beef is that this is not Diablo 3, this is an imposter. A hologram. An artificial replacement. A lame duck substitute for what hype built it up to be. A cut up and slimmed down version of what should have been. In essence: a slaughtered, sacrificial lamb.

That leaves myself and thousands of others saying indeed, where is the beef? Blizzard's answer: there is no cow level. But hey, we got rainbows and unicorns!

Is anyone still in complete denial about how truly boring this game is or have people started to shake off the honey moon dust?

You eliminated enchanting, PvP, pet companions and other things from the release version so that you could market it as part of a later expansion for more money. (This is a trend in gaming that several developers have been following; withhold content you've been advertising for the past two years and charge a premium for it at a later date. I shouldn't have expected Activision-Blizzard to be any different, and that is my fault. I wrongly assumed this group was made of trend setters and leaders, not followers - so shame on me.)

You didn't include a single player mode because you can't make money off of people if they aren't using the AH in a multiplayer format. Less work for you in the development stages, and forces people to engage in the micro-economy that your bankroll is based on. Again, brilliance. Which leads me to my final point:

There is so LITTLE dynamic to this game I cannot believe it took this many years to create it. In fact, I don't. So why the long wait? I'll tell you: economic law.

More specifically, the legality and complications that stemmed from the idea of a multinational game built around a Real Money Auction House. This process, I imagine, took years to iron out - while the game itself probably took no more than a few actual working years to complete (and it truly shows).

It doesn't take an overly intelligent mind to figure WHY they would want to use a RMAH and get a cut of (a lot of) the transactions. That's fine. Here's the problem: you built the entire game around a pure gear grind, and then force that gear grind to revolve around the AH, specifically the RMAH. There is literally no other dynamic. When you build a game from a purely business stand point, you're not building a great game - and a great game this is not.

In conclusion, gamers, do you really want to spend your time on yet another slave-like gear grind? If so, eat your heart out. You'll find no better place to do it! If not, there are a plethora of other games out there much more deserving of your $60, I promise.

Diablo 3 was built around Activision's greed. Participate at your own will.

Gamers hold grudges and people aren't going to forget this disaster. If you obliterate your true fan base, the pillars of your success come falling soon after.

I give this post less than a few hours before it is deleted by Blizzard moderators. Can't have that bad flavor out there, can we? Truth hurts.

Regards, a long time fan.52703397114

linkyhttp://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271504839?page=1

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3823 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
My only issue with the game is that Acts III and IV felt rushed similar to the way that Act IV in Diablo II felt rushed(it went from 6 quests in Acts I-III down to 3 quests in Act IV). Other than that I think the game is great except for the story/writing which isn't the main focus of the game anyways. There are some minor issues such as legendary items being relatively weak and some class skills being completely useless but seeing the ways Diablo II evolved over the years with patches and the expansion I'm pretty sure those issues will be fixed.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3824 ReadingRainbow4

[quote="52703397114"]Well I have to applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very, very pleased.

You've taken a game with so much hype built around it, a game with a rabid and wildly large fan base, a game vaulting off of the massive success of the previous generation - and you've turned it into your sacrificial lamb.

I understand that WoW is dying. The cash cow that you have been able to depend on to fill your coffers is finally drying up. It had a great run. MoP is not likely to defibrillate the failing heart of what was once the WoW empire, and you know this. Starcraft 2, while an amazing game, cannot replace this cash cow - then again it wasn't meant to. How could it? Your business foresight is very, very attuned. Because of this you carefully planned your next chess move: Diablo 3.

What better way to birth another golden goose than to bank an entire game off of the most addictive part of what Diablo 2 was: the item grind. Pure brilliance. And so, from the ground up, you formed this game to be solely about item exchange - this would be the titan built to replace WoW's subscription based bankroll in the form of micro transactions.

On May 15th 2012, after nearly a decade of anticipation, we were given Diablo 3! Except, it's not quite Diablo 3. It's a slimmed down, cut up version of the Diablo 3 everyone was taught to expect. Except, it wasn't given to us, we still had to pay you full price for it: $60.

My how the mighty hath fallen. Why is it not Diablo 3, you say? Well let's see. Anyone remember all those teaser videos spoon fed to the community over the past 3 years? Videos slowly leaking to us glimpses of the content we could expect to experience? I do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K0YkUH6r6c&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=1&feature=plcp

I guess scrapping this idea all together was more developmentally cost effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4K6e2q10g&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=10&feature=plcp

Indeed, lets. I'm still waiting, actually. Is it just me or does that environment look entirely more engaging than the atmosphere we've purchased at release?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAyxY7mjzI&list=UUCGf0PicJgNp6yb7xsdZAwA&index=7&feature=plcp

If their idea of newly generated fights, quests and environments is a continuous cycle of the same things from a pre-conceived list, he's spot on!

So where's the beef? - some might say. The beef is that this is not Diablo 3, this is an imposter. A hologram. An artificial replacement. A lame duck substitute for what hype built it up to be. A cut up and slimmed down version of what should have been. In essence: a slaughtered, sacrificial lamb.

That leaves myself and thousands of others saying indeed, where is the beef? Blizzard's answer: there is no cow level. But hey, we got rainbows and unicorns!

Is anyone still in complete denial about how truly boring this game is or have people started to shake off the honey moon dust?

You eliminated enchanting, PvP, pet companions and other things from the release version so that you could market it as part of a later expansion for more money. (This is a trend in gaming that several developers have been following; withhold content you've been advertising for the past two years and charge a premium for it at a later date. I shouldn't have expected Activision-Blizzard to be any different, and that is my fault. I wrongly assumed this group was made of trend setters and leaders, not followers - so shame on me.)

You didn't include a single player mode because you can't make money off of people if they aren't using the AH in a multiplayer format. Less work for you in the development stages, and forces people to engage in the micro-economy that your bankroll is based on. Again, brilliance. Which leads me to my final point:

There is so LITTLE dynamic to this game I cannot believe it took this many years to create it. In fact, I don't. So why the long wait? I'll tell you: economic law.

More specifically, the legality and complications that stemmed from the idea of a multinational game built around a Real Money Auction House. This process, I imagine, took years to iron out - while the game itself probably took no more than a few actual working years to complete (and it truly shows).

It doesn't take an overly intelligent mind to figure WHY they would want to use a RMAH and get a cut of (a lot of) the transactions. That's fine. Here's the problem: you built the entire game around a pure gear grind, and then force that gear grind to revolve around the AH, specifically the RMAH. There is literally no other dynamic. When you build a game from a purely business stand point, you're not building a great game - and a great game this is not.

In conclusion, gamers, do you really want to spend your time on yet another slave-like gear grind? If so, eat your heart out. You'll find no better place to do it! If not, there are a plethora of other games out there much more deserving of your $60, I promise.

Gamers hold grudges and people aren't going to forget this disaster. If you obliterate your true fan base, the pillars of your success come falling soon after.

I give this post less than a few hours before it is deleted by Blizzard moderators. Can't have that bad flavor out there, can we? Truth hurts.

Regards, a long time fan.dracolich55

Preach on brother, I agree with everything. I wonder how many tools will go TLD in that thread, I'm not reading the whole thing.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3825 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Also can PC get a retail AAAE? When was the last? Starcraft garbage? jeez no wonder why herms are touchy.

ForzaGearsFace

mmm Total War Shogun2 came out in 2011

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3826 ReadingRainbow4

hey guys this is blizzards reaction everytime you enter the game, or atleast try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFT2n2uGvgc

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3827 R3FURBISHED

DiabloIII2012-05-2922-56-26-01.jpg

So has this happened to anyone else? Multiple Mantras active at one time - and that isn't the cooldown after you initially select the Mantra

Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3828 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts
So it sold almost 7 million copies. This kind of figure would be more common on the PC if piracy is evaded.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3829 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

So it sold almost 7 million copies. This kind of figure would be more common on the PC if piracy is evaded.XenogearsMaster

It's name more than anything... :?

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3830 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Read the whole thing and I agree 100% I haven't touched Diablo 3 in 3 days you really see how shallo the game is when you reach Hell/Inferno.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3831 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17699 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UopJpDQ4gvo

How Diablow plays for me 90% of the time. I love the game, GOD except this DRM destroys it. I have no compunction to play and haven't logged on in like a week. When I do, it's stuttering and lag, lag, lag. Nice one Blizzard. I'll never buy another of your games again.

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3832 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Who cares about online DRM anyway, i would never make single player character diablo is online game for me

Sure lag was unbearable for the first week but its gotten slighty better since

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3833 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[quote="52703397114"]Well I have to applaud Blizzard in all reality. From a business stand point it would seem like you're on the perfect track to make the shareholders at Activision very, very pleased.

Regards, a long time fan.ReadingRainbow4

Preach on brother, I agree with everything. I wonder how many tools will go TLD in that thread, I'm not reading the whole thing.

The only thing I agree on with that longest QQ post in the history of posting on a video game forum, is D3 looks completely different than it was shown when videos were first shown to the public (a certain someone looks like he lives instead of dying).

Seriously though QQing about how D3 looks like WoW, cut content and other BS is just so GD annoying to see how whiny/stupid people have become. Them cutting content or pvp in this case to be released later is nothing new specially for Blizzard if you have played any of their damn games you would have expected this from the get go. Outside of lag and the stupid 1 shot mobs in inferno the game is damn good and well worth the $60 I spent on it, if you feel like it was a waste of money/time well that sucks to be you cause you have bad taste.

If you bought D3 cause you thought it would be exactly like D2, that's your first mistake. Also as for the constant ******* about the AH, yeah it kind of ruins the feel of grinding/getting that awesome piece of loot but the AH is leagues better than getting your loot ninjad by a bot in D2 on Baal runs or joining up some stupid D2 forum and "earn" points to trade for runes/gear.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3834 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Well, it seems that some South Koreans aren't happy with D3:

Blizzard's Seoul offices raided by Korean FTC

But I don't think that Blizzard will face any problems. Blizzard never tried to hide the always online DRM.

And error 37 has come back. I haven't been able to login after the patch. Good job, Blizz. According to the Diablo 3 forums, I'm not the only one.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3835 -Unreal-

I understand that WoW is dying..

Regards, a long time fan.dracolich55

That's as far as I got. WoW is dying he says. :lol:

He might bring up some good points, but I'd rather not risk wasting time reading since after he said that, it's unlikely.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3836 -Unreal-

Read the whole thing and I agree 100% I haven't touched Diablo 3 in 3 days you really see how shallo the game is when you reach Hell/Inferno.

Blake135

Explain how higher difficulties have less depth to them than lower difficulties.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3837 KingsMessenger

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

-Unreal-

Explain how higher difficulties have less depth to them than lower difficulties.

Gear Checks and 1-Hit Kills by Common Mobs are pretty good examples. Also, the balance is so f'ed up that you basically NEED to carry certain skills and the only response that Blizzard has to the bad balance is to obliterate all of the good skills by nerfing them into oblivion.

Inferno is just annoying, not difficult. Tactics barely change at all beyond just "Kite MOAR!!!"

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3838 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts
[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

ReadingRainbow4

Yep, post is so true. Game is nothing. It can't hold my attention any more. Just the same generic crap over and over again. Bliz are known to be lazy... So lazy in fact that all you get out of them is that "it's to hard". Sad how the game turned out. 2 weeks after launch... Ready to uninstall it. Not going to waste my time with the expansions unless they add all that stuff in like in the videos and then some. No way will I play more generic levels and fight boring mobs.
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3839 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[QUOTE="Klipsh"] standards are higher on pcChubbyGuy40

Reviewing standards are higher for PC. Kevin-V told us that a long time ago.

Was waiting for the first person to say that quote. Now I can use my.. Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game of the generation - Kevin V told us a long time ago :D
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3840 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]

ForzaGearsFace

ok count xbla games, and games only on the ps3 and 360 like GOTY red dead redemption, bayonetta. vanquish that arent on PC cause its a low rate platform and you get...more AAA's on the 360, consoles win again, diablo joke AA just like I predicted.

So it's one system vs multiple systems to prove your point ?

Also the 'E' in AAAE stands for exclusive, as in it appeared on only one system. red dead redemption, bayonetta & vanquish are games I can play on both my 360 and PS3 so not exclusive.

Seems to me you are admitting PC has more AAAE than any one system.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3841 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

How Diablow plays for me 90% of the time. I love the game, GOD except this DRM destroys it. I have no compunction to play and haven't logged on in like a week. When I do, it's stuttering and lag, lag, lag. Nice one Blizzard. I'll never buy another of your games again.

MirkoS77
Yup. Same here. Only that guy is blaming his crappy internet; my internet connection is decent. I never have any trouble with it, play huge Battlefield 3 games without a problem. Yet Diablo 3 *on my own* causes all kinds of hiccups. Not cool blizzard. :(
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3842 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

Who cares about online DRM anyway, i would never make single player character diablo is online game for me

Sure lag was unbearable for the first week but its gotten slighty better since

Zurrur
I do. I travel a lot for work. already lost a full week due to it. and am about to lose a second...thanks bliz :roll:
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3843 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

I really do hope Diablo III improves with patches much like Diablo II did over 12-13 "huge" patches that completely changed the game each time.

How many here played D2 pre 1.09 ? In my opinion Diablo "as we know it" didn't happen until the 1.09 / 1.10 patches came out, which was like 5-6 years AFTER its release for godssake. But it was that game that I grew to love. Sure I played in the early days (~pre 2003) up until the release of D3, but I hope the game doesn't turn out to be a mindless WoW clone were grinding gear is all that matters.

In Diablo 2 everything was skill based. You just needed the "basic" gear (Enigma, skill/life charms, torch/anni, HOTO or Grief, Stormshield for max block, Spirit for casters, Exile for Smiters etc) then the rest depended on your very own skill and how fast you could move around the map with teleport/charge. It didn't matter how much damage you could deal and how much you could tank, if you can't namelock and hunt down that caster you're chasing.

I'm really enjoying D3 as we speak, but that's only because I'm at the noob stage of the game. In 3-4 years, I will not and if Blizzard expects me to play another one of their games for an entire decade, the PVP better be similiar to D2's.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3844 ReadingRainbow4

DiabloIII2012-05-2922-56-26-01.jpg

So has this happened to anyone else? Multiple Mantras active at one time - and that isn't the cooldown after you initially select the Mantra

R3FURBISHED

I believe that's the boon effect for mantra of healing. It lasts for a few seconds. though they did change the skills drastically so I'm not sure anymore, I haven't touched my monk in like a week.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3845 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

KingsMessenger

Gear Checks and 1-Hit Kills by Common Mobs are pretty good examples. Also, the balance is so f'ed up that you basically NEED to carry certain skills and the only response that Blizzard has to the bad balance is to obliterate all of the good skills by nerfing them into oblivion.

Inferno is just annoying, not difficult. Tactics barely change at all beyond just "Kite MOAR!!!"

Ok, but I asked him.

How is everything you listed making it more shallow? It just adds to the depth of the game giving the player more to deal with. I've seen more discussion over gear choices and stat choices and builds in the higher difficulties than in the lower ones because it matters more in the higher ones.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3846 ReadingRainbow4
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]

Ninja-Hippo
Yup. Same here. Only that guy is blaming his crappy internet; my internet connection is decent. I never have any trouble with it, play huge Battlefield 3 games without a problem. Yet Diablo 3 *on my own* causes all kinds of hiccups. Not cool blizzard. :(

I have a pretty awesome Internet connection, and I still experience lag from time to time. Yesterday I was fighting a waller, invulnerable, mortar combo with that lava creep and almost died because of the freezeups during kiting.
Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3847 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

It seems that Blizzard has managed to piss off S. Koreans. Thousands of S. Korean D3 gamers are demanding refunds over the server lag. I wish them luck.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3848 KingsMessenger

Ok, but I asked him.

How is everything you listed making it more shallow? It just adds to the depth of the game giving the player more to deal with. I've seen more discussion over gear choices and stat choices and builds in the higher difficulties than in the lower ones because it matters more in the higher ones.

-Unreal-

The "discussions" all basically amount to:

A: I may have found something that will work.

B: No, do this then this and finally this.

A: Are you sure? I been using this for X number of areas.

B: Trust me, when you get to Y it won't matter. You have to do this then this and finally this.

Gear choices are just variations on "Get Stats above X point to continue"

Builds are just "Use this to fight this"

It is not depth... It is just rock-paper-scissors.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3849 ReadingRainbow4

I wish blizzard would have handled classes in a different way, for example the DH is a missed opportunity.

At the moment, it's pretty much the bowazon, strafeazon. but he has an interesting shadow component and he also has elements of the assassin from D2.

One cool ability, that obviously should take up a few skill slots would be to be the ablilty to summon shadow versions of the mobs you kill, it could be like the summoner in D2 where you were able to summon skeletons from the corpses of enemies.

at the moment the only class that can be considered a summoner is the WD and that's just a shame, there should be skills that widely effect playstyle for each class.

summoning a shadow boar that does **** dmg to mobs with a small aoe is just a terrible and useless skill. Wolf would be way more interesting if you could summon more than one. The spider feels like it belongs to the WD.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3850 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

[QUOTE="MK-Professor"]

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]

ForzaGearsFace

even if you add AAAE + AAA + xbla for xbox and for PC AAAE + AAA + the multiplats that don't get reviewed OR get lower score because of higher standards, pc still end up with more AAA's than xbox + pc get the superior version of all multiplats + more exclusives.