The Diablo III Hype Thread (PC Gaming is dead, blah, blah, 8.5@GS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
AAA
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#252 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
How's everyone's hype doing? I just can't believe it's coming out so soon. Oh, God. I'm going to play it so much.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

How's everyone's hype doing? I just can't believe it's coming out so soon. Oh, God. I'm going to play it so much. NAPK1NS
My body is in top physique ready and willing for Diablo 3 to do whatever it pleases with me.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

AAA.

Too bad I won't be able to play it at launch. Goddamn exams :|

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

How's everyone's hype doing? I just can't believe it's coming out so soon. Oh, God. I'm going to play it so much. NAPK1NS

I have played the D3 beta almost as much as Skyrim :P. So happy that both my bro and friend really like the beta. They were very skeptical, but are not very excited.

Klipsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Klipsh
Member since 2012 • 608 Posts
The week the game comes out is perfect. HIMYM back to back episodes the day before it comes out, then D3 until I die.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
Holy sh1t Holy sh!t Holy shlt! I'd like to deliver this game intravenously NOW.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts

MY hype is pretty good. D3 has been my most Hyped game for 3 years (2009, 2010, 2011) but not this year, Bioshock Infinite is coming this year and I am just slightly more anticipated for that, after all, God Levine is making it and Bioshock is probably my favourite game this gen.

Still anticipated for D3, going for midnight release and plan to go early since I remember when Sc2 game out they gave free Starcraft themed gaming mice, shirts and posters, for the first x number of people. Probably weill be the same/similar for D3.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 NAPK1NS

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]How's everyone's hype doing? I just can't believe it's coming out so soon. Oh, God. I'm going to play it so much. dracolich55

MY hype is pretty good. D3 has been my most Hyped game for 3 years (2009, 2010, 2011) but not this year, Bioshock Infinite is coming this year and I am just slightly more anticipated for that, after all, God Levine is making it and Bioshock is probably my favourite game this gen.

Still anticipated for D3, going for midnight release and plan to go early since I remember when Sc2 game out they gave free Starcraft themed gaming mice, shirts and posters, for the first x number of people. Probably weill be the same/similar for D3.

Oh, I hear you on that one. BioShock is one of my favorites of the generation - Infinite will rock. Diablo, though? Man... I just remember being so small and being excited about the concept of this game. I'm sure it will consume our lives.
hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
So anybody messing around with the new launch site?
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#261 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
D3 is going to rewrite the scoreboard by getting AAAAA
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#262 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
More reminders making the time move more slowly!! I want diablo 3 now!! I have been waiting and waiting for this game for over a decade. I thought we would of had it back in 2004!!!!! Stupid wow, if that wasn't a success we would have diablo 5 by now. My co-workers and I have been playing Diablo 2 at work during slow days, to remember the awesomeness and preparation for the almighty diablo 3...my fav style of action rpg returns!
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]How's everyone's hype doing? I just can't believe it's coming out so soon. Oh, God. I'm going to play it so much. NAPK1NS

Oh, I hear you on that one. BioShock is one of my favorites of the generation - Infinite will rock. Diablo, though? Man... I just remember being so small and being excited about the concept of this game. I'm sure it will consume our lives.

I feel like I am the only one who didn't really enjoy Bioshock. Played the first few hours or so) of 1, and it is awesom for the first 20 - 30 minutes, then it just gets so darn boring for me. Like a crappy and repetitive Metroid Prime without all the good puzzle solving and tons of varying environments.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 NAPK1NS
D3 is going to rewrite the scoreboard by getting AAAAAshadow_hosi
It was really cool hearing your opinion.
Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
This incredibly mediocre game is rated currently at AAA? Awful.
NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 NAPK1NS
This incredibly mediocre game is rated currently at AAA? Awful. Human-after-all
0/10.
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

I don't know if I expect much from D3 actually. D2 is one of my all time favorites, but other devs have gotten quite good at ripping it off over the last decade and I don't see anything stand out from D3. At this point it could be overshadowed by it's clones.

Goomba92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Goomba92
Member since 2012 • 89 Posts
Another super duper Mature game Sheep wish they could have right?? DID YOU SEE ALL THAT BLOOD? Man this game is soooooo hardcore.
LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#270 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

I must admit I've never played any of the Diablo series, but given that I've played most other Blizzard series, I expect I wouldn't be disappointed.

How similar is it to Dragon Age in terms of controls/levelling etc?

CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

I've never played this type of game before.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 NaveedLife

I don't know if I expect much from D3 actually. D2 is one of my all time favorites, but other devs have gotten quite good at ripping it off over the last decade and I don't see anything stand out from D3. At this point it could be overshadowed by it's clones.

darkmoney52

I find it very hard to believe that you are a big fan of D2, yet feel its clones are as good as it. I certainly don't. Let me just say, if you have not played the beta, give the game a shot. My brother and his friend (we all loved DII) were very skeptical, but now after playing the beta with me, they are both very hyped for it. Feels like a great evolution to D2 and in some ways the genre as a whole.

PC360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 PC360Wii
Member since 2007 • 4658 Posts

darkmoney52
What good clones are there? Titans Quest was average, Torchlight was an incredible dumbed down experiance. What are you basing that statement on.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 NaveedLife

I must admit I've never played any of the Diablo series, but given that I've played most other Blizzard series, I expect I wouldn't be disappointed.

LordRork

I have not played DA, but DA looks slower and more RTSish. Kinda like NWN, as to where Diablo is more of an actiony take on D and D. Maybe I got this wrong though, since I have not played DA. Don't get me wrong though, DIII requires some tactics, just not the vvery slow team based ones.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="darkmoney52"]

PC360Wii

What good clones are there? Titans Quest was average, Torchlight was an incredible dumbed down experiance. What are you basing that statement on.

Agreed. They are really the only two noteworthy ISO ARPG's since DII, to my knowledge. TL was a great game, but more like Diablo 1.5: Singplayer edition :P. TL2 will be D2.5

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 dracolich55

[QUOTE="darkmoney52"]

PC360Wii

Cant blame em, although the Diablo Clones were good for filling the Diablo Void before the D3 release, but even then D2 (as dated as it is) is still better then most Diablo Clones.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#277 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

LordRork

Sinner!!!

Anyways the Diablo games are a lot tougher than the DA games, plus it has way different controls (it's a point and click with no pause feature), plus when you die in a diablo game, you lose a % amount of your gold and you have to run back to your "corpse" to get your remaining gold.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="PC360Wii"][QUOTE="darkmoney52"]

dracolich55

Cant blame em, although the Diablo Clones were good for filling the Diablo Void before the D3 release, but even then D2 (as dated as it is) is still better then most Diablo Clones.

DII still triumphs all. I just couldn't enjoy TQ and such after playing it. TL was the only Diablo Clone I could enjoy, but lacking MP (and more content) keeps me from playing it past a completion or two.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="LordRork"]

Ballroompirate

Sinner!!!

Anyways the Diablo games are a lot tougher than the DA games, plus it has way different controls (it's a point and click with no pause feature), plus when you die in a diablo game, you lose a % amount of your gold and you have to run back to your "corpse" to get your remaining gold.

Not in D3. In D3 you die and go back to a checkpoint (with your gear) but your gear takes a % damage, requiring repairs later, which will be a good gold sink, which is actually very important in this game (so far anyway).

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Ballroompirate

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="LordRork"]

NaveedLife

Sinner!!!

Not in D3. In D3 you die and go back to a checkpoint (with your gear) but your gear takes a % damage, requiring repairs later, which will be a good gold sink, which is actually very important in this game (so far anyway).

Good, I've died a few times to those stinking ghost things in Hell and it's annoying to see "you died and lost 500,00 gold" and whats his face the boss at the end of act 2...I could never beat that guy solo, always had to have my friends lightning sorc or paladin kill him for me.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 NAPK1NS

LordRork

Absolutely not comparable. Dragon Age (specifically the PC iteration) had a pseudo-RTS style system when battles got intense. Your success was dependent on your ability to step back, que up the appropriate skills and have good management across multiple characters. Okay, so, Diablo is not like that. That's not to say there isn't inherent strategy to the game - in the higher difficulties it certainly will ask a lot of the player. But, keep in mind, it's an action game. Once you get mobbed by enemies, it's a completely real-time, no-stops combat experience.

The strategy of it all comes down to your gear in tandem with your skill set, which ultimately influence the kind of character you want to be. That's another really important difference. RPGs like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, FF, etc. have you considering multiple different characters in addition to your own. Diablo has you putting all of your efforts into one character's gain. You take a strong character and turn him into a demi-god killing machine.

The controls? Uh... not comparable either. Dragon Age is 3D. Diablo is 3D isometric, meaning the camera is always angling down over your character. All movement and attacks are managed with the mouse and keys 1-5. It's very clean and simple to grasp.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#282 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]D3 is going to rewrite the scoreboard by getting AAAAANAPK1NS
It was really cool hearing your opinion.

hehehe ya that thread was fun
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

Sinner!!!

Ballroompirate

Good, I've died a few times to those stinking ghost things in Hell and it's annoying to see "you died and lost 500,00 gold" and whats his face the boss at the end of act 2...I could never beat that guy solo, always had to have my friends lightning sorc or paladin kill him for me.

haha, Duriel is probably the hardest boss in the game, in my opinion anyway. Well except for Uber Tristram. Oh and Nilithack can be quite a pain.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#284 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I am playing Diablo2 and its expansion again and wow, im just as hooked as I was 12 years ago :P

Cannot wait for Daiblo3 next month! Thank god I have Risen2 to keep my mind off D3 for a bit thought :P

Diablo2 I spent so many hours on Bettlenet with friends, D3 will be no differnet I bet.

I preordered D3 abit ago online, already have it downloaded from battlenet, just waiting for me till release day :P

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 dracolich55

[QUOTE="LordRork"]

NAPK1NS

Absolutely not comparable. Dragon Age (specifically the PC iteration) had a pseudo-RTS style system when battles got intense. Your success was dependent on your ability to step back, que up the appropriate skills and have good management across multiple characters. Okay, so, Diablo is not like that. That's not to say there isn't inherent strategy to the game - in the higher difficulties it certainly will ask a lot of the player. But, keep in mind, it's an action game. Once you get mobbed by enemies, it's a completely real-time, no-stops combat experience.

The strategy of it all comes down to your gear in tandem with your skill set, which ultimately influence the kind of character you want to be. That's another really important difference. RPGs like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, FF, etc. have you considering multiple different characters in addition to your own. Diablo has you putting all of your efforts into one character's gain. You take a strong character and turn him into a demi-god killing machine.

The controls? Uh... not comparable either. Dragon Age is 3D. Diablo is 3D isometric, meaning the camera is always angling down over your character. All movement and attacks are managed with the mouse and keys 1-5. It's very clean and simple to grasp.

Heh, The funny thing is the console and PC version of DAO feel so different.... I felt the PC version required more strategy.

I can somewhat see why he brought that comparison though, i remember in the old days there were all these arguments about Baldurs Gate 2 vs Diablo 2. People probably thought they were similar because of the camera angle and graphics but they are SO different.... one is a deep and complex D&D RPG while the other is a hack n slash RPG.

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 dracolich55

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

haha, Duriel is probably the hardest boss in the game, in my opinion anyway. Well except for Uber Tristram. Oh and Nilithack can be quite a pain.

I hated Duriel as a zookeeper necro.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 NaveedLife

I know the game isn't even out yet, but what would people want/expect out of the first expansion? I kinda want and think a good possoobility will be a light/dark expansion with the necro and pally as the classes. obviously they would not be identical to D2's classes, and in my opinion they could be great classes to embelish, as D3 has done to the barb. The barb is SO much more fun than in D2, and I think D3 could even make the pally (most boring character) super fun :).

dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 dracolich55

I know the game isn't even out yet, but what would people want/expect out of the first expansion? I kinda want and think a good possoobility will be a light/dark expansion with the necro and pally as the classes. obviously they would not be identical to D2's classes, and in my opinion they could be great classes to embelish, as D3 has done to the barb. The barb is SO much more fun than in D2, and I think D3 could even make the pally (most boring character) super fun :).

NaveedLife

For the first X-pac I rather prefer 2 acts and 1 new charactar instead of 2 charactars and 1 act like with D2. I mean Im still discovering new things with the original 5 of D2....

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#289 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

NaveedLife

As long as its as good as the expansion was for Diablo2 ill be happy ;)

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Ballroompirate

I am playing Diablo2 and its expansion again and wow, im just as hooked as I was 12 years ago :P

Cannot wait for Daiblo3 next month! Thank god I have Risen2 to keep my mind off D3 for a bit thought :P

Diablo2 I spent so many hours on Bettlenet with friends, D3 will be no differnet I bet.

I preordered D3 abit ago online, already have it downloaded from battlenet, just waiting for me till release day :P

kozzy1234

I've been itching to play D2 for awhile now.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#291 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

What classes are people starting off with?

Monk, for me.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

dracolich55

For the first X-pac I rather prefer 2 acts and 1 new charactar instead of 2 charactars and 1 act like with D2. I mean Im still discovering new things with the original 5 of D2....

I would rather have that as well, though I kinda dislilke having 1 new character, cause it feels wierd, ahving everyone making that ONE character now :P. But I agree, more acts and/or new content (features and systems) are a bit more important than new characters. Though I hope we see at least 2 more characters by the end of its life cycle.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Ballroompirate

Monk, for me.

R3FURBISHED

Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter, was thinking of Barb but I did that in D2.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 NAPK1NS
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]Well, I played the Warrior in Diablo I, the Barbarian in Diablo II and I'm thinking I'll do the same for old time's sake in Diablo III. Not like he's my most favorite class, he's not, but i just need to do Whirlwind. Just once at least. :P

[QUOTE="dracolich55"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

I would rather have that as well, though I kinda dislilke having 1 new character, cause it feels wierd, ahving everyone making that ONE character now :P. But I agree, more acts and/or new content (features and systems) are a bit more important than new characters. Though I hope we see at least 2 more characters by the end of its life cycle.

Yeah, I would definitely hope for a new act, two new characters, more PvP content and maybe some additional modes. So exciting to think that this will be a game that'll be supported for years to come. :D :D
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 NaveedLife

Monk, for me.

R3FURBISHED

Probably a barbarian or Wizard. maybe a DH. Those three are probably who my friends will be though :( lol, but I will need to make 2 chars right off the bat anyway. One for me and my bro, and one for all four of us. The Monk just doesn't seem that fun to me, but who knows.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#296 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I'm going to start with the Barbarian just because I haven't played a Diablo game all the way through before and I'd just like to keep it fairly simple and see how it goes. If its as great as I think its going to be I'll try the other characters too. Does anyone know if the level design changes depending on the character? Calling it now, I think this game has a very good chance of being the first PC to get a 10.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 R3FURBISHED

Probably a barbarian or Wizard. maybe a DH. Those three are probably who my friends will be though :( lol, but I will need to make 2 chars right off the bat anyway. One for me and my bro, and one for all four of us. The Monk just doesn't seem that fun to me, but who knows.NaveedLife

Well, I played the Warrior in Diablo I, the Barbarian in Diablo II and I'm thinking I'll do the same for old time's sake in Diablo III. Not like he's my most favorite class, he's not, but i just need to do Whirlwind. Just once at least. :P NAPK1NS

I'm going to start with the Barbarian just because I haven't played a Diablo game all the way through before and I'd just like to keep it fairly simple and see how it goes. If its as great as I think its going to be I'll try the other characters too. Does anyone know if the level design changes depending on the character? Calling it now, I think this game has a very good chance of being the first PC to get a 10. biggest_loser

Whats with all the love for the most basic class - granted I played Warrior in Diablo I - but damn. Or are you all just mourning the loss of the Necromancer?

chrislol101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 chrislol101
Member since 2010 • 41 Posts

im not quite understading this.

Will there be like a single player campaign where you plythrough and gain items. and then after that you can use those items in a coop mode or pvp mode, which is set in a different world

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 R3FURBISHED

im not quite understading this.

Will there be like a single player campaign where you plythrough and gain items. and then after that you can use those items in a coop mode or pvp mode, which is set in a different world

chrislol101

Its all set in the same world - you can play through the story either by yourself or with people online.

Klipsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Klipsh
Member since 2012 • 608 Posts

Monk, for me.

R3FURBISHED
DH. Something about automatic crossbows seems awesome.