The Diablo III Hype Thread (PC Gaming is dead, blah, blah, 8.5@GS)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
#2 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10169 posts) -
The game is going to ridiculously good - AAA
#3 Posted by Spartan070 (16324 posts) -

One of the best hype threads ever imo, damn!

AAAA btw, it's long shot but i'm going for the gusto.

#4 Posted by kozzy1234 (35139 posts) -

Awesome thread dude damn!
Very well done, for a very awesome looking game!

Diablo2 with a few friends on Bettle.net is some of the best gaming ive ever had, just awesome, cannot wait for D3!

#5 Posted by santoron (7620 posts) -

Awesome thread is awesome! Too bad it's not for Torchlight 2... :twisted:

#6 Posted by SolidTy (42001 posts) -

I can't wait for Diablo 3!

I remember buying Diablo when that launched back in the day, and of course, Diablo 2 playing with all my buds when it was the rage. :P

Although there was a bad ass Diablo III HYPE thread made by Sterb a while back, I'm happy to post in this one too as you do great work Nap!...and this one is no exception.

Great job! :P

#7 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

I can't wait for Diablo 3!

I remember buying Diablo when that launched back in the day, and of course, Diablo 2 playing with all my buds when it was the rage. :P

Although there was a bad ass Hype thread made by Sterb a while back, I'm happy to post in this one too. :P

SolidTy

Oh, crap. I think I posted in that too and just forgot...

... we'll let the community decide? I dunno' how to handle this one... took a crap load of time :cry:.

Glad to see everyone's voting high! I'm pumped, too. The beta is great.

#8 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

Great thread!

Voted for AA.

Diablo 2 and its expansion got less than AAA so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with D3.

#9 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

Great thread!

Voted for AA.

Diablo 2 and its expansion got less than AAA so I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with D3.

call_of_duty_10
... this is a different game, though.
#10 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10169 posts) -
Still no release date other than "when its finished"?
#11 Posted by MonsieurX (29132 posts) -
AAA
#12 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
Still no release date other than "when its finished"?R3FURBISHED
Here's the deal (from someone who watches D3 news really close) On Jay Wilson's (lead director) twitter, a subscriber asked "on a scale of 1 to 10 how close are we to the a release date announcement?" Wilson said "9." He also posted on the official forums saying a date was on its way. I think it will come out sooner then we think. :)
#13 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9957 posts) -

Did you make sure to ask a mod if you can make this hype thread? I've been working on one as well and it'd be a shame if I got permission first and have this one locked :?

#14 Posted by topgunmv (10113 posts) -

Certainly doesn't feel aaa going off the beta, I have more fun playing torchlight.

#15 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

Did you make sure to ask a mod if you can make this hype thread? I've been working on one as well and it'd be a shame if I got permission first and have this one locked :?

W1NGMAN-
oh well :(
#16 Posted by caughtjoo (975 posts) -

2015 Release Year, but AAA of course.

#17 Posted by istreakforfood (7749 posts) -
Really want this game. Been dying to try the monk class. Knowing me I'll probably use the Wizard the most out of all the classes.
#18 Posted by October_Tide (5396 posts) -

I feel obligated to buy the game just based on the amount of work you put into this thread :P

#19 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10169 posts) -
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]Still no release date other than "when its finished"?NAPK1NS
Here's the deal (from someone who watches D3 news really close) On Jay Wilson's (lead director) twitter, a subscriber asked "on a scale of 1 to 10 how close are we to the a release date announcement?" Wilson said "9." He also posted on the official forums saying a date was on its way. I think it will come out sooner then we think. :)

And I'm sure it was 9 a couple of months ago before it was delayed, or is there something that I am overlooking?
#20 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"][QUOTE="NAPK1NS"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]Here's the deal (from someone who watches D3 news really close) On Jay Wilson's (lead director) twitter, a subscriber asked "on a scale of 1 to 10 how close are we to the a release date announcement?" Wilson said "9." He also posted on the official forums saying a date was on its way. I think it will come out sooner then we think. :)

And I'm sure it was 9 a couple of months ago before it was delayed, or is there something that I am overlooking?

Right, the delay is past now. Bliz has already said they're releasing the game in Q2 (April-June) so it's gotta' be around the corner.

I feel obligated to buy the game just based on the amount of work you put into this thread :P

October_Tide
:P Thanks, sir. You might even have a fun time if you do!
#21 Posted by Tikeio (5332 posts) -

AA hype. Will probably get 8.5'd.

#22 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10169 posts) -

Right, the delay is past now. Bliz has already said they're releasing the game in Q2 (April-June) so it's gotta' be around the corner.NAPK1NS

Q2 then? I can dig it

#23 Posted by topgunmv (10113 posts) -

AA hype. Will probably get 8.5'd.

Tikeio

Na, it'll probably get the hype bump.

Same reason every cod scores aaa, only to have reviewers pissing and moaning about how much it sucks a month later

#24 Posted by Lethalhazard (5452 posts) -
I think it'll be AA or A, based off of beta and what I've seen of the 'full' game. Not really impressed by it so far, I was a big fan of Diablo 2 however. I don't like the modern Blizzard or any games they've made since '07 so I doubt them. Here's to hoping it turns out at least okay.
#25 Posted by illmatic87 (15075 posts) -
Nice thread. I am guessing no more than a 9.0.
#26 Posted by Aljosa23 (24513 posts) -

Cool thread, even if it reads like a PR ad.

I'm hyping 8.5, just 'cuz.

#27 Posted by jg4xchamp (46971 posts) -
If a few of my friends get it I'll give it a shot. Outside of that don't really care. As for SW's metagame. It's Blizzard. 9.0
#28 Posted by Ballroompirate (22162 posts) -

/drool this game needs to be out now, makes me want to go back and play D2.

#29 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

Well made mate

Pumped for some ol fashioned looting

#30 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
It's definitely reasonable to be skeptical, even if the game has the Blizzard polish. I mean, come on, it's a dungeon crawler. You run through randomized environments killing a lot of different stuff. Does that formula even work for folks nowadays? I dunno'. We'll see if it can gain a new audience. Better yet, if it can make long time fans (like me :D) happy enough. I've been waiting a long time for this game. Longer than any game, in fact. And to Aljosa: You're a jerk and it's good to have you back. :P
#31 Posted by RpgGamer23q (199 posts) -

great hype thread mate, one of my most anticipated games this year.

#32 Posted by Ingenemployee (2307 posts) -

Unfortunately I lost all my hype for Diablo 3 when Blizzard announced that it required constant internet connection to play

#33 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

Unfortunately I lost all my hype for Diablo 3 when Blizzard announced that it required constant internet connection to play

Ingenemployee
*Shrug* This is one of these things where I can see it being bad for people. But It's just... not like that on this end. I'll play it on a fat desktop, it's not going anywhere. If the internet, for whatever godgiven reason, happens to go out... well, I'm sure something on this planet can occupy my mind while I wait for the internet to come back.
#34 Posted by Aljosa23 (24513 posts) -

It's definitely reasonable to be skeptical, even if the game has the Blizzard polish. I mean, come on, it's a dungeon crawler. You run through randomized environments killing a lot of different stuff. Does that formula even work for folks nowadays? I dunno'. We'll see if it can gain a new audience. Better yet, if it can make long time fans (like me :D) happy enough. I've been waiting a long time for this game. Longer than any game, in fact. And to Aljosa: You're a jerk and it's good to have you back. :PNAPK1NS
Nothing against you personally bro, I'm just not a fan of overly long threads with a lot of fancy graphics. I can't stand them on NeoGAF where every hype/official thread is like that.

#35 Posted by jg4xchamp (46971 posts) -

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]It's definitely reasonable to be skeptical, even if the game has the Blizzard polish. I mean, come on, it's a dungeon crawler. You run through randomized environments killing a lot of different stuff. Does that formula even work for folks nowadays? I dunno'. We'll see if it can gain a new audience. Better yet, if it can make long time fans (like me :D) happy enough. I've been waiting a long time for this game. Longer than any game, in fact. And to Aljosa: You're a jerk and it's good to have you back. :PAljosa23

Nothing against you personally bro, I'm just not a fan of overly long threads with a lot of fancy graphics. I can't stand them on NeoGAF where every hype/official thread is like that.

That's literally the only thing likeable about neogaf is their official threads, and offtopic.

#36 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

7.5 if McShea reviews it, 9+ for anyone else.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not to pick it up. It's Blizzard so it'll obviously be enjoyable to some degree, but I'm not sure if a dungeon crawler can hold my attention the same way it did back in the day. Plus you'll be able to get 95% of the experience for 33% the cost with Torchlight 2.

#37 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]It's definitely reasonable to be skeptical, even if the game has the Blizzard polish. I mean, come on, it's a dungeon crawler. You run through randomized environments killing a lot of different stuff. Does that formula even work for folks nowadays? I dunno'. We'll see if it can gain a new audience. Better yet, if it can make long time fans (like me :D) happy enough. I've been waiting a long time for this game. Longer than any game, in fact. And to Aljosa: You're a jerk and it's good to have you back. :PAljosa23

:lol: I understand man. Overly garish threads can be obnoxious but, hey, I'm excited. Truthfully, I'm an MCS major so the "PR-ness" is kind of deliberate. I think it reads really cheesy. Like, back of the box kind of cheesy. I kind of consider these threads practice if I was ever to do this kind of advertising (perhaps for gaming). Considered a compliment, really.
#38 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

I voted AAAA because I know it'll be a 9.8/10 game and most likely end up getting 9.5 on GS. Worth more than AAA hype IMO.

#39 Posted by Aljosa23 (24513 posts) -

:lol: I understand man. Overly garish threads can be obnoxious but, hey, I'm excited. Truthfully, I'm an MCS major so the "PR-ness" is kind of deliberate. I think it reads really cheesy. Like, back of the box kind of cheesy. I kind of consider these threads practice if I was ever to do this kind of advertising (perhaps for gaming). Considered a compliment, really. NAPK1NS
It is nicely designed though, I will admit that. :D

Shame that my laptop won't be able to run it. I never played a Diablo game and this seems like a good starting point.

#40 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

[QUOTE="NAPK1NS"]:lol: I understand man. Overly garish threads can be obnoxious but, hey, I'm excited. Truthfully, I'm an MCS major so the "PR-ness" is kind of deliberate. I think it reads really cheesy. Like, back of the box kind of cheesy. I kind of consider these threads practice if I was ever to do this kind of advertising (perhaps for gaming). Considered a compliment, really. Aljosa23

It is nicely designed though, I will admit that. :D

Shame that my laptop won't be able to run it. I never played a Diablo game and this seems like a good starting point.

Yeah, they're at least a really excellent time killer. Definitely try and check it out, it's a cool series.
#41 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Witchdoctor's my favorite beta class. A#1

#42 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -

Witchdoctor's my favorite beta class. A#1

Jankarcop
Grasp of the Dead> Zombie dog run on on em> tripple poison dart > insta win. Probably the first class I'll roll.
#43 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

This thread is incredible. I could kiss you TC.

I put AAAA just because I'm a fanboy.

I've been waiting what seems to be an eternity Blizzard.. but take your time. The world is not yet ready for this amazing game... buT I AM.

I'm going to play a Demon Hunter, and hope they have a Paladin type character in the inevitable expansion.

#44 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

This is one of the greatest hype threads I have ever seen on this site.

My interest in Diablo III is minimal, I'm much more excited for Torchlight II. But damn, this is a good hype thread. I'm voting AA for this game. Diablo II is significantly better than the first Diablo and it scored AA here back in 2000 so my gut's going by that for now. However, with StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty scoring a 9.5, Blizzard could very well pull off another AAA game with their talent.

#45 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

This is my GOTY and I've only just played the beta! +25 points for hellish adventuring.

#46 Posted by scottahuch (1580 posts) -

I'm guessing an 8.5

#47 Posted by trollop_scat (2628 posts) -

I sunk tens of thousands of hours into Diablo 2 and have the D3 beta - it sucks. The game will get a mercy AA but the gameplay feels ancient and the graphics are... cartoony. No way this game deserves AAA, 7.5 would be on-point from what I've seen so far. I mean they gave KoA:R a 7.5 and that game is way more fun than the D3 beta (not even close)...

#48 Posted by FashionFreak (2291 posts) -

So...is Diablo 3 a mmorpg or can we do single player?

#49 Posted by arto1223 (4404 posts) -

Very nice hype thread. I love rule number 2... That made me laugh so hard... Thank you for that.

For those that don't know of him, this guy uploads some very, very great quality videos on many Blizzard titles as well as others, but Diablo III is a huge focus for his channel and his videos are in 1080 which is a plus.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2strategy?feature=g-u-u

#50 Posted by GeneralShowzer (11598 posts) -