Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Ubisoft intentionally gimping again like with Watchdogs?? Don't want the console fanboys to rage cuz there consoles are being blown away?? Who payed these guys...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#153 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Crappy ports are probably the biggest downside to PC gaming, devs not putting in the effort to make it work as well as it could or something. Not entirely sure if this would work but, I feel like mods could amp the FPS up if Ubisoft didn't. It's strange though, Ubisoft went from being a very well liked publisher, (at least, that's how I saw it) to a seemingly hated publisher in a few years.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts
@Bikouchu35 said:

@topgunmv said:

Looks like dirt2 has better graphics too.

Don't compare a masterpiece to this 30 fps junk presumably... haven't played yet, but looks like turd.

To be fair, dirt2 looks better than dirt3 too.

mizifih

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155  Edited By mizifih
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts

You guys need to stop being excited about Ubisoft games. They didn't lear. Lazy porting all the way. I wasn't hyped about this one, and I lost my hope on The Division. I'm not hyped about anything Ubi branded.

I know one can unlock the 60fps, but it's something that should not be unlocked in the first place... It's Watch_Dogs all over again.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#156  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Apparently they are actually aiming for 60fps on the PC version according to a community manager at Ubisoft:

“The reason you could alter the FPS in the config file is because our team is actually working on getting 60FPS for PC. The reason why it hasn’t been communicated before this is because we didn’t want to make a promise we couldn’t deliver on.”

Source

deemte94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By deemte94
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

It will run at 60, stop falling for the lies.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Is it by Ubisoft? Makes sense then.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#159  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I really don't get the thought process over at Ubisoft. They make some really dumb ass decisions. For instance, why would you shut down a beta over a holiday weekend after just sending out a round of beta keys just a few days ago? That's just stupid..Now would be the best chance to actually test it properly.

I got a key in the mail a few days ago and today was my only chance to play it. I downloaded a 15 gig file for nothing. I understand it isn't really their fault but damn, that just strikes me as some really shortsighted thinking from the beta team.

Ah well. I can't say I'm surprised.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@deemte94 said:

It will run at 60, stop falling for the lies.

@m3dude1 ....you said most multiplats (around 90%) wouldn't all be better on PC like the last 2 gen.

Why is this happening again?

Why are your predictions always wrong?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#161  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

so is Ubisoft gimping the PC version to bring parity between consoles and PC, just like they did for Watch Dogs... okay, as a console gamer, I don't mind PC ports take advantage of whatever advantages users have to run their games, give them the options to run at the resolution they want, to use the texture levels they want, to set the AA and shadows and dynamic lighting to whatever they want, to put special effects to whatever level they want, to basically customize the experience as they see fit to run on their hardware, I don't care, I won't feel cheated

as for consoles, just do the best with what you got, that's all anybody can ask

mirautaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By mirautaj
Member since 2006 • 365 Posts