The Crew, 30FPS across ALL platforms.

• 54 results
#1 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

So anyone who's either played The Crew beta on PC or anyone who's seen my last thread on this, The Crew has a limit of 30FPS. Many were assuming that this was only because its a beta and it will be at 60FPS for the final release. Today we find that is not the case.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911974-Disappointing?s=a8a6058ea0ca1be017076896a7092587&p=10184062&viewfull=1#post10184062

The final game will run in 1080p with 30 frames per second on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, and will support up to 5760*1080p on PC for triple screen set-ups. Right now the team is focusing on providing an optimal experience for all players. You can unlock it in the file you've found, but it may affect the game's performances. Your call

-Ubival

Second post in from a community manager stating that its 30FPS across all platforms. PS4 owners will be stuck at 30 which is shit considering this game runs on a wet flannel. PC owners are hamstrung yet again by Ubisoft who have taken a leaf from EA's book in regards to NFS which was limited to 30FPS and any chances made the game run at twice the speed.

Can we get a collective, "Thanks Xbawks"?

#2 Posted by SecretPolice (22243 posts) -

Link to it because of Xbox? Could be the PS4 or better yet, weak PC's hehe :P

#3 Posted by Kinthalis (5322 posts) -

Wait, can PC gamer still unlock it via .ini file? Your post suggests soemthing like that is possible but not supported?

#4 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

Wait, can PC gamer still unlock it via .ini file? Your post suggests soemthing like that is possible but not supported?

You can but if its like what EA pulled with the latest NFS the game will run at double the speed if its set to 60FPS. Totalbiscuit did a video on it. Let me try and find it.

#5 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

#6 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2904 posts) -

@clyde46: That's what i fear unlocking will do. But triple monitor support's cool.

But them physics.

#7 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@clyde46: That's what i fear unlocking will do. But triple monitor support's cool.

But them physics.

The driving model is rather bad. For a driving game that does not bode well.

#8 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

No 60fps, no buy. Go fuck yourself with a soap Ubishit!

#9 Posted by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -

Attempting to charge £49.99 (pc games £29.99) on steam as well.

Bunch of cumps.

#10 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

This game had potential if they put some effort in to the driving mechanics.....the cars drive and handle just like Watch Dogs.....copy and paste Ubi

#11 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3852 posts) -

Well... At least it's just a racing game, so nothing good was lost. I'd be pissed if it was something that could have been worthwhile.

#12 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8198 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft said:

Well... At least it's just a racing game, so nothing good was lost. I'd be pissed if it was something that could have been worthwhile.

Still better than RPG's and stealth games.

#13 Posted by tormentos (18358 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

The same ini file that speed it NFS to 60FPS.? Because if it is that one no thanks..

#14 Edited by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -
@MlauTheDaft said:

Carmageddon could run people over and destroy other cars. Very fun.

Going round a circle again and again very boring. Waste of time.

#15 Posted by heretrix (37418 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Holy shit Clyde. He sounds like me when I first played the game. The intro goes on and friggin on. It's one one thing I really hate about Criterions racers, the huge unskippable info dump at the beginning of all of their games.

#16 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -

I don't get that. What a stupid thing to do. I don't even think DriveClub devs would make it 30fps on PC if it ever released on there.

No logic in it at all on PC.

#17 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3852 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

Carmageddon could run people over and destroy other cars. Very fun.

Going round a circle again and again very boring. Waste of time.

Naturally, Carmageddon is a classic ;)

#18 Posted by BldgIrsh (2693 posts) -

Parity. If the PC version was superior than it would make the next-gens worthless. This is going to be like watch dogs massive downgrade for parity.

#19 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2904 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

But them physics.

#20 Edited by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:
@clyde46 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

But them physics.

0:38 entire hill tops magically disappearing.

Next generations.

#21 Posted by jg4xchamp (48377 posts) -

Driveclub, Forza Horizon 2, and The Crew all at 30 frames.

Why?

#22 Posted by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Why?

It would seem consoles aren't very good.

#23 Edited by pelvist (4870 posts) -

The game looks proper crap anyway tbh.

#24 Posted by mems_1224 (47273 posts) -

Meh, the driving mechanics looked horrible anyways.

#25 Posted by aroxx_ab (10093 posts) -

Lol slap in the hermits face, so much for that powerful hardware but still stuck with 30 fps haha

#26 Posted by manny280 (1990 posts) -

You really expected an open world Ubisoft game to be at 60 fps on consoles? On PC it's obviously a dumb decision, but XB1/PS4 we're never getting this at 60 fps just look at DRIVECLUB and Horizon 2

#27 Posted by BldgIrsh (2693 posts) -

@aroxx_ab: Its gonna support triple monitors. A guy with that specs would be able to run the game at 1080p with a smooth 144 FPS on max settings...

Too bad its ubisoft and they are starting to cater to the inferior peasants.

#28 Posted by Gamer_4_Fun (2576 posts) -

A driving game without 60fps in unthinkable to me, the fluidity and precision offered by those extra frames are so valuable in this genre. This is incredibly lame for many of us whose PCs can easily push 60fps, I mean it is better to play on lower details and play it on 60fps than high detailed 30fps when it comes to racing for me.

#29 Posted by MiiiiV (506 posts) -

Thankfully I have no interest in the crew but it's beyond stupid to cap a pc game at 30 fps. Hopefully there will be a workaround for people who want to play it on pc. I would be really pissed though if ubisoft did the same thing with Far Cry 4.

#30 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (739 posts) -

Might wanna change the title.

#31 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Meh, the driving mechanics looked horrible anyways.

They are horrible.

#32 Posted by glez13 (8876 posts) -

So basically it's also resolution locked?

#33 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Too bad it'll be capped at 60. There shouldn't be any kind of frame-rate cap on PC games.

#34 Posted by Daious (1391 posts) -

Why would anyone cap frame rates on a PC title?

Also a non-60fps racer game? ouchies

#35 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

PC is going to have 60 fps. The inferior consoles won't though.

#36 Posted by Ben-Buja (3028 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Why?

It would seem consoles aren't very good.

At least Project CARS runs at 60 fps on PS4, with much better physics and up to ~24 AIs at once

#37 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

Ubisoft probably downgraded the game again to make console peasants feel better about themselves.

#38 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@faizan_faizan said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Too bad it'll be capped at 60. There shouldn't be any kind of frame-rate cap on PC games.

yeah.

and thanks for the info educating u.

#39 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

Ubisoft probably downgraded the game again to make console peasants feel better about themselves.

Ha ha love it! "console peasants". Think of that yourself breh?

#40 Posted by MK-Professor (3828 posts) -

Every developer that locks frame rate to 30fps on PC should go to jail, for crimes against master race.

#41 Posted by PapaTrop (1341 posts) -

Has anyone stopped buying Ubisoft games on PC yet, or is everyone still putting in their preorders?

It's amazing how many times Ubisoft has poorly treated the PC gaming community, but still goes on to sell so many copies on PC.

#42 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

Here are some beta keys for PC folks

PDMW-CMPG-9QVM-GA63

GX86-67Y9-TG7W-9R6P

6UEX-YQAL-KMYW-M8V3

#43 Edited by melonfarmerz (1189 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Lol slap in the hermits face, so much for that powerful hardware but still stuck with 30 fps haha

Except only consoles will be 30fps lel

#44 Posted by Ben-Buja (3028 posts) -
@chikenfriedrice said:

Here are some beta keys for PC folks

PDMW-CMPG-9QVM-GA63

GX86-67Y9-TG7W-9R6P

6UEX-YQAL-KMYW-M8V3

Thanks bud :-)

#45 Posted by blackace (20886 posts) -

@clyde46: Blame the devs. This should easily be 60fps on the PC at least. That has nothing to do with PS4 or XB1, since the PC was the primary system it was created on. Devs are so stupid.

#46 Posted by Wasdie (50001 posts) -

Shit PC port not worth any PC gamer's money.

#47 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

I disagree. One can experience the flair of cinema in your own home computer. This opportunity comes but once in a life time.

#48 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

So it will either be Cinematic-Crew or Stutter-Crew right?

#49 Posted by Wasdie (50001 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Wasdie said:

I disagree. One can experience the flair of cinema in your own home computer. This opportunity comes but once in a life time.

If you aren't being sarcastic your comment makes me want to invent technology I could slap people through their monitors.

#50 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Wasdie said:

If you aren't being sarcastic your comment makes me want to invent technology I could slap people through their monitors.

U just don't know the magik of motion blur. 100ms latency. And dat feeling of playing a blocbusta moviez! Fuck dat soap opera shi! I only play big budget moviez!