The Biggest Liars (consoles)

  • 159 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) 3 months, 13 days ago

Poll: The Biggest Liars (consoles) (151 votes)

Microsoft (Xbox) 44%
Nintendo (Wii U) 5%
Sony (PlayStation) 51%

Out of the Big 3 who do you think as lied and mislead the most in regards to their console?

#1 Posted by BldgIrsh (2594 posts) -

Pretty sure Sony has misled a lot more than Microsoft.

#2 Posted by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

Sony no contest. They always over promise and under deliver. Most recently, claiming Drive Club was a launch title and some PS4 features that have not yet materialized.

#3 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13109 posts) -

Microsoft. Actually they don't lie.... They just have terrible service.

#4 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Pretty sure Sony has misled a lot more than Microsoft.

Not doubting you but can you provide some examples that top the kinetic requirement and well this.

Not to mention the whole TR is an exclusive

#5 Posted by cainetao11 (17595 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Pretty sure Sony has misled a lot more than Microsoft.

Reason I haven't gotten a PS4 is I am waiting for the 4D, 120 FPS on my PS3.

#6 Edited by NFJSupreme (5377 posts) -

microsoft doesn't really lie to you. They let you know from the get go they are screwing you. Sony likes to put it's iron fist in a velvet glove. Most recent example them claiming EA's service wasn't "good value" when everyone knows the real reason is it competes with PSNow.

#7 Posted by chelisrad (10 posts) -

Depends. I think Sony did with the PS3. But so did Microsoft in how they'd never come out and admit that most of the original model Xbox 360's got hardware failures. Nintendo is secretive, but more or less honest with their consumers.

#8 Posted by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: Then not Msoft, and thats just your opinion.

@Shielder7:
Sony has made similar gafs before through social media. Like PGR images for GT.

And TR is just as exclusive as No Mans Sky.

#9 Posted by BldgIrsh (2594 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@bldgirsh said:

Pretty sure Sony has misled a lot more than Microsoft.

Not doubting you but can you provide some examples that top the kinetic requirement and well this.

Not to mention the whole TR is an exclusive

Well watch_dogs fiasco comes to mind heh. But, others will provide more insight on what Sony has promised and haven't delivered.

#10 Posted by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

More lies from Sony off the top of my head:

PS3 would come with a built in 4 ethernet port router, dual HDMI out, and feature 4D graphics and 120fps games.

#11 Posted by naz99 (1362 posts) -

Where is the "all 3 of them" option?

#12 Posted by Nanomage (2417 posts) -

All of them do but sony has been the master of that since they started having consoles in the 90´s.

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (17595 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

More lies from Sony off the top of my head:

PS3 would come with a built in 4 ethernet port router, dual HDMI out, and feature 4D graphics and 120fps games.

And Rumble was so last gen, sixaxis was the future....................but at least they realized that was shit. Or how about DRE in the PS2. Sony had to lose a lawsuit to accept responsibility for the crap they were putting in the PS2.

#14 Edited by GamingGod999 (2998 posts) -

So much for that third-party support promised by Nintendo.

#15 Edited by Daious (1297 posts) -

@GamingGod999 said:

So much for that third-party support promised by Nintendo.

plus saying they are still fine.

I love nintendo to death but wiiu has had so much trouble moving units

#16 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

\

And TR is just as exclusive as No Mans Sky.

No Mans Sky from what I take it was originally just to be for the PC and Sony brought it to the PS4, TR was originally supposed to be for everything and Microsoft tried to say they were in a sense holding it hostage.

#17 Edited by gago-gago (9486 posts) -

All of them "lie" but Sony are mastered the act of lying, over promising, over hyping, under delivering, misleading their gullible fans.

#18 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -
@Nanomage said:

All of them do but sony has been the master of that since they started having consoles in the 90´s.

Nintendo started having consoles in the 80s whats your point

#19 Posted by Nanomage (2417 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
@Nanomage said:

All of them do but sony has been the master of that since they started having consoles in the 90´s.

Nintendo started having consoles in the 80s whats your point

They point is that they´ve been doing it since the begining,how hard was that to understand?

#20 Posted by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

@Shielder7:

Even if I agreed with that, it doesnt mean they lied about anything. It is exclusive to Xbox for 2015.

#21 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@Shielder7:

Even if I agreed with that, it doesnt mean they lied about anything. It is exclusive to Xbox for 2015.

They were misleading to say the least which is part of the poll.

#22 Posted by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

@Shielder7:

How were they misleading? It was easy to tell from what they said the game was only timed exclusive. Sounded very clear to me.

And, are you seriously going to ignore all the evidence against Sony in the thread?

#23 Posted by handssss (1836 posts) -

  • Kinect must be plugged in
  • Check ins
  • Family sharing
  • Kinect is integral
  • DR 3 will not come to PC
  • Using mostly multiplats trying to claim Xbox has best exclusives
  • Saying TR is not timed exclusive only to give up and admit that it is

Off the top of my head. Sure there's at least half a dozen more I could put in.

People in here using last gen Sony as if its relevant this gen or using Driveclub delays should just sit down.

#24 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@Shielder7:

How were they misleading? It was easy to tell from what they said the game was only timed exclusive. Sounded very clear to me.

And, are you seriously going to ignore all the evidence against Sony in the thread?

LMAO are you really going to say they weren't trying to mislead people into thinking TR was an Xbox only exclusive. are you really that gullible?

I'm not saying Sony is innocent but the never sparked a video like this to be made to my knowledge.

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13109 posts) -

@wolverine4262

When you live outside the US... Its more than just an oppinion.

Microsoft has terribal service. They don't lie about it, they know they suck and thats why they will never control any territories outside America, they almost had the UK though but they eventually fucked that up too.

Again... They've never told a single lie... They just suck.

#26 Posted by MrYaotubo (2694 posts) -

Is this even a contest? Of course it´s sony,the ammount of bullshit that came out of that company in all these years is legendary.

#27 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@wolverine4262

When you live outside the US... Its more than just an oppinion.

Microsoft has terribal service. They don't lie about it, they know they suck and thats why they will never control any territories outside America, they almost had the UK though but they eventually fucked that up too.

Again... They've never told a single lie... They just suck.

What did they do to they they almost had the UK and more importantly what did they do to F that up? I'm unaware of what happened.....

#28 Edited by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

@Shielder7:

Lol. How am I the gullible one? The gullible people are those with little comprehension skills and immediately jumped to the conclusion that it WAS completely exclusive.

Just because you dont like what they did doesnt mean they ever lied. It royally pissed me off too. Im planning on getting it for the PC.

Yeah, I dont care what some youtube weirdo has to say. Sony has made bigger lies and false promises than MS. I already listed many examples that you ignored.

@Lulu_Lulu:Cool, nothing to do with this thread.

#29 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7855 posts) -

Microsoft of course.

#30 Edited by Vatusus (4616 posts) -

MS with all the "timed" exclusive bullshit making their audience believe they do have "exclusives"

#31 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

I'm not sure but off the top of my head, the lies told by console devs:

  • Lies about Killzone's multiplayer resolution and framerate
  • Lies about Battlefield's framerate
  • Lies about Tomb Raider DE's framerate
  • Lies about Tomb Raider's sequel being Xbone exclusive
  • Lies about Watch Dogs's resolution and framerate
  • Lies about several titles being exclusives like Warframe, Blacklight and Flow.
#32 Edited by Couth_ (10128 posts) -

This guy and it's not even close

#33 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

Well they've all lied and had gafs, I'd say MS and Sony tie while Nintendo has delivered but somewhat exaggerated outcomes.

#34 Posted by thehig1 (2044 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@wolverine4262

When you live outside the US... Its more than just an oppinion.

Microsoft has terribal service. They don't lie about it, they know they suck and thats why they will never control any territories outside America, they almost had the UK though but they eventually fucked that up too.

Again... They've never told a single lie... They just suck.

What did they do to they they almost had the UK and more importantly what did they do to F that up? I'm unaware of what happened.....

LuLu is right about Microsoft outside of the USA, they suck I'd rather take my chances fighting a Optimus Prime to the death unarmed one on one than deal with Microsoft customer service.

#35 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@Shielder7:

Lol. How am I the gullible one? The gullible people are those with little comprehension skills and immediately jumped to the conclusion that it WAS completely exclusive.

Just because you dont like what they did doesnt mean they ever lied. It royally pissed me off too. Im planning on getting it for the PC.

Yeah, I dont care what some youtube weirdo has to say. Sony has made bigger lies and false promises than MS. I already listed many examples that you ignored.

They mislead and did you not see that pic I also posted, are you telling those are all exclusives.

And JS is not some youtube weirdo its just easier to embed Youtube videos.

Oh and who can forget this little nugget.

#36 Posted by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

@Shielder7: I already commented on that picture you posted. Its the only argument I have made you actually responded to. Ill reserve my judgement on the benefits of the cloud until I see if Crackdown does what MS says it will.

And still you ignore all the other arguments I made.

#37 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13109 posts) -

@Shielder7

Samething that happened everywhere else I guess.... :p

#38 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13109 posts) -

@wolverine4262

LOL.... Damn you're dedicated ! Too bad they don't pay.

#39 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4805 posts) -

and its neck and here here at the system wars poll

it's ps4, now xbox, now ps4, now xbox - and there we have it! wii u just knocked over the bishop's with a full house of kings over queens, caught 'em for six - checkmate.

#40 Posted by farrell2k (6148 posts) -

Sony lied to both the fools who bought their systems last gen and this gen, but Microsoft definitely takes the cake when it comes to straight up lies. Microsoft's biggest lie was that they needed to charge for online play to make the experience better...

#41 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -
@wolverine4262 said:

@Shielder7: I already commented on that picture you posted. Its the only argument I have made you actually responded to. Ill reserve my judgement on the benefits of the cloud until I see if Crackdown does what MS says it will.

And still you ignore all the other arguments I made.

What other arguments did you make. I think I mistook your arguments as simple ranting.

#42 Edited by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

@Shielder7: My statements were clear and concise. I dont need to repeat them.

#43 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

@Shielder7: My statements were clear and concise. I dont need to repeat them.

Apparently you do, maybe my mistaking your statements for ranting were more accurate than you care to admit.

#44 Posted by FlamingoBarnes (6 posts) -

@Shielder7: Tf is CoD:AW doing on that line-up? It's not exclusive to just Microsoft. They get map packs before Sony, but for Microsoft to place CoD:AW as an exclusive to their console just makes them look like bigger liars than Sony and Nintendo.

#45 Edited by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

@Shielder7: LOL. How am I ranting when I barely type three sentences? Whatever. You dont wanna respond to the topic at hand, then Im out.

#46 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Pretty sure Sony has misled a lot more than Microsoft.

Easily Sony. They've been lying since the PS1 and the Xbox was no where to be found at that time.

#47 Edited by littlestreakier (2924 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Pretty sure Sony has misled a lot more than Microsoft.

This. Sony has been in the console business longer than Microsoft. Not saying that MS doesn't mislead consumers, but I remember Sony has flat out lying before. PS2 specs per-PS2 launch is a big example of this...

#48 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

@handssss said:

  • Kinect must be plugged in
  • Check ins
  • Family sharing
  • Kinect is integral
  • DR 3 will not come to PC
  • Using mostly multiplats trying to claim Xbox has best exclusives
  • Saying TR is not timed exclusive only to give up and admit that it is

Off the top of my head. Sure there's at least half a dozen more I could put in.

People in here using last gen Sony as if its relevant this gen or using Driveclub delays should just sit down.

Here is just a taste of Sony's lies. Happy reading.

http://www.wired.com/2013/02/sony-ps3-promises/all/

#49 Posted by handssss (1836 posts) -

@blackace said:

@handssss said:

  • Kinect must be plugged in
  • Check ins
  • Family sharing
  • Kinect is integral
  • DR 3 will not come to PC
  • Using mostly multiplats trying to claim Xbox has best exclusives
  • Saying TR is not timed exclusive only to give up and admit that it is

Off the top of my head. Sure there's at least half a dozen more I could put in.

People in here using last gen Sony as if its relevant this gen or using Driveclub delays should just sit down.

Here is just a taste of Sony's lies. Happy reading.

http://www.wired.com/2013/02/sony-ps3-promises/all/

not going to waste my time reading, you lame ass closet shill. Whereas you are stuck in 2006, I'm referring to this gen.

#50 Posted by wolverine4262 (19334 posts) -

@handssss: Many of the arguments you made are just features (or restrictions) that were removed after backlash. There is a difference.

And Drive Club's 'delay' was a load of bs from the get go. You cant announce a game for launch only for it to come out a year later and say you were being honest to begin with.