The biggest flop ever is Duke Nukem Forever.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

You didn't need to create a separate thread because you are upset.

never even played tlou, you losers have no ammo so you're bashing a 95 on metacritic lol.

#52 Posted by lamprey263 (22413 posts) -

it wasn't hyped for 10 years, it was hyped for a few years then people resigned interest, and I think people seemed less optimistic that the project got punted off to Gearbox for a quick fix

#53 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

You didn't need to create a separate thread because you are upset.

never even played tlou, you losers have no ammo so you're bashing a 95 on metacritic lol.

I am not doing anything. I have never said anything bad about THoU, I loved it. It flopped here though, it upset you. You are still upset, people were talking about it in another thread and it made you upset.

#54 Edited by Jolt_counter119 (3965 posts) -

I don't know about biggest flop in terms of variability (it still scored high), but Twilight Princess was a historic flop.

#55 Posted by MonsieurX (28627 posts) -

Poor Gamespot users, are we back at using Gamespot again? I still remember how everyone started using Metacritic when Beyond got a 9 here LOL

Started much before that event

#56 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

What about Doom 4 and Quake 4?

#57 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

I mean Doom 3 and Quake 4.

#58 Posted by Seabas989 (9939 posts) -

It has to be hyped to be flopped. Nobody was hyping Duke Nukem. It looked like last-gen garbage from the day Gearbox took it over.

The biggest flop in Gamespot history is either Twilight Princess of Gran Turismo 5.

Best reactions along with TLOU but I think Lair wins at least for this past gen.

#59 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -

I'm thinking Ultima IX: Ascension. A game so bad, EA sent out replacement install discs to patch it up (well after that custom had expired from back in the floppy days). A game so bad it single-handedly sank Origin Systems. I still have the Dragon Edition in the closet of my old games.

#60 Posted by PannicAtack (20849 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

I mean Doom 3 and Quake 4.

I dunno if Doom 3 was a flop, a disappointment for many, but Quake 4... Quake 4 was pretty much forgotten as soon as it came out. Same with Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, come to think of it... Shame. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was great, back in the day.

#61 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

@AznbkdX said:

So.... for all of you that played it... should I get this for really cheap? It looks like one of those games that is so bad that it is good.

It's worth playing just because of its place in the history of video games :P

I may try to pick up the PC version myself sometime, you know, just to have it.

#62 Posted by PyratRum (520 posts) -

Heh, I actually thought DNF was fun.

#63 Posted by mooooo99 (1230 posts) -

did anyone actually hype the game?? i've never been a big fan of duke nukem, even on the pc or n64 years ago, just not my thing i guess.. the gameplay on dnf is alright and its an ok game overall. there are some awful parts to it but i thought it deserved more than a 2 or whatever it got..

#64 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Diablo 3.
God that was awful.

#65 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16033 posts) -

Costs like a single euro. Might get it.

Please don't. It's not worth 1 cent and it's certainly not worth your time.

#66 Edited by TheEroica (13010 posts) -

I think it's fair to say it depends on your point of reference... If you are considering the game flopping from its announcement on, then oh my god it was like a bullet to the head for the franchise going forward... If you are considering it from the point of its final push when gearbox snagged it (so they could cannibalize it to feed their other game) then I think we all knew it was a D. O. A release.

#67 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

Who actually hyped DNF? Throughout its development it was an industry joke, and nobody actually expected it to be good. So when it turned to be, well, not very good, it didn't surprise anyone.

This, I measure flops by butthurt left in their wake. DNF... it was bad, but that's exactly what we expected.

TLoU on the other hand... using DNF to damage control that 8.0 says it all...

#68 Posted by freedomfreak (38136 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@freedomfreak said:

Costs like a single euro. Might get it.

Please don't. It's not worth 1 cent and it's certainly not worth your time.

I don't have to play it though :O

#69 Edited by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

@treedoor said:

@AznbkdX said:

So.... for all of you that played it... should I get this for really cheap? It looks like one of those games that is so bad that it is good.

It's worth playing just because of its place in the history of video games :P

I may try to pick up the PC version myself sometime, you know, just to have it.

It's a bad game, but it's not bad in any frustrating way, so I think it's worth playing for curiosity sake. There are no crazy difficulty spikes or anything that makes the game hard and frustrating to play through.

The development hell is what killed it, as a result, everything feels outdated and disjointed, as if they just sticked a bunch of random ideas together, expecting them to work.

#70 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16033 posts) -

Still don't. Even giving 1 euro is telling the developers it's okay to make crap like that.

#71 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

DNF was kinda fun, it had some colour at least, and did not take itself seriously.

#72 Edited by freedomfreak (38136 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@freedomfreak said:

Still don't. Even giving 1 euro is telling the developers it's okay to make crap like that.

But it's used :O

#73 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

no because it looks crap from begining. beside duke nukem games are extremely immature game that doesnot suit my taste as it include stript club and nudity along with shooting aliens with big guns and blah blah blah.

#74 Edited by 23Jarek23 (2616 posts) -

Because of the piss poor reviews and hate the game got, I held off from giving it a shot for a long time, a couple months back I bought it for $4 from a mom and pop game shop and was extremely surprised at how much I liked the game, yeah, it can be really bad, but in a good way. I loved it.

#75 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16033 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

But it's used :O

Ok, then you have my blessing. Just never play it :P

#76 Posted by freedomfreak (38136 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Ok, then you have my blessing. Just never play it :P

I promise.

Although I can't promise that :(