The Bi-Fi show your monthly set up thread. (56K do they even use that anymore?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Haven't had one of these in a while, so what better time then a snowy evening (here in NY at least).

Mah set up.

360 games are in a booklet

Added A panorama photo of my place

photo IMG_0061_zps6310c4b6.jpg

photo IMG_0054_zps17b97950.jpg

photo IMG_0052_zps5b131b2b.jpg

photo IMG_0051_zps7251a890.jpg

photo IMG_0050_zps05472c35.jpg

photo IMG_0049_zps9c29fea1.jpg

photo IMG_0059_zps7014d64d.jpg

photo IMG_0057_zps34835de3.jpg

photo IMG_0056_zps91eafc81.jpg

photo IMG_0055_zpsce5f10e7.jpg

photo IMG_0058_zpsd9873e23.jpg

#2 Posted by Cheleman (7678 posts) -

Damn! Animal. That's a pretty beast set up.

#3 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
I like that you have a little amount of collectibles. There are some people in GAF with like 20 collectibles PER table and no walls, just posters. There is such a thing as too much. :P
#4 Posted by Wasdie (49926 posts) -

I could sticky this thread and rename it the SWs Battlestations thread if you guys want.

#5 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

I like that you have a little amount of collectibles. There are some people in GAF with like 20 collectibles PER table and no walls, just posters. There is such a thing as too much. :Ptagyhag
I do have some minor artwork, the lithographs from MP3 above my monitor and a portal 2 poster. I'm adding 2-3 more collectibles this year but that's it. The song bird from bioshock infinite, Raidens lamp and maybe the Colonial marines CE and thank you :D

BTW sweet sig.

#6 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

I could sticky this thread and rename it the SWs Battlestations thread if you guys want.

Wasdie
Sure that'd be great
#7 Posted by Wasdie (49926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Animal-Mother

Sure that'd be great

On second thought, we need some people to actually post their setups first. I'll let this pan out a bit.

Don't be shy people. Time to prove if you are a true System Warrior or just a Fakeboy.

#8 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

Damn! Animal. That's a pretty beast set up.

Cheleman
Thank you!
#9 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -
this is system wars, not living room wars, take this over to the fine living network
#10 Posted by Wasdie (49926 posts) -

this is system wars, not living room wars, take this over to the fine living networksavagetwinkie

You don't make the rules here.

#11 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]this is system wars, not living room wars, take this over to the fine living networkWasdie

that doesn't make me wrong about my assertion
#12 Posted by Wasdie (49926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]this is system wars, not living room wars, take this over to the fine living networksavagetwinkie

Yes it does as there is no rule against a gaming setup threads and we've had some pretty popular ones in the past.

#13 Posted by Chutebox (37230 posts) -

Pretty much the same, but no more wii or 360 and added wii u. Also got a new Onkyo 818 receiver (freaking awesome A/V equipment if you have the money).

I moved the two bookshelf speakers down to ear level and moved the center speaker up. Two back/rear speakers are on the wall to the left and right. My computer desk is back to the right of the picture.

#14 Posted by savagetwinkie (7981 posts) -

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"][QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

Yes it does as there is no rule against a gaming setup threads and we've had some pretty popular ones in the past.

That still doesn't make me wrong, even if you allow certain off topic topics in system wars,
#15 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -
Pretty much the same, but no more wii or 360 and added wii u. Also got a new Onkyo 818 receiver (freaking awesome A/V equipment if you have the money).

I moved the two bookshelf speakers down to ear level and moved the center speaker up. Two back/rear speakers are on the wall to the left and right. My computer desk is back to the right of the picture.

Chutebox
Nice set up. That's a great suggestion considering a I need a new receiver for my record player. Do you know if it does BT?
#16 Posted by Chutebox (37230 posts) -
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]Pretty much the same, but no more wii or 360 and added wii u. Also got a new Onkyo 818 receiver (freaking awesome A/V equipment if you have the money).

Animal-Mother
Nice set up. That's a great suggestion considering a I need a new receiver for my record player. Do you know if it does BT?

I think you have to be an adapter for it, which is pretty lame. I still absolutely love this thing though. Speakers sound so much better just from doing the extended set up, it's amazing.
#17 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]Pretty much the same, but no more wii or 360 and added wii u. Also got a new Onkyo 818 receiver (freaking awesome A/V equipment if you have the money).

Chutebox

I think you have to be an adapter for it, which is pretty lame. I still absolutely love this thing though. Speakers sound so much better just from doing the extended set up, it's amazing.

That's awesome man.
#18 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -
 before I replaced the buttons with all white seimitsus [spoiler]    [/spoiler]  old stick, same crt tated. I'll post new pics one I get my new custom wooden ps3/ps2/360/pc/dc stick with an SE 58-01 and SE buttons. my game collection is kind of dumb, so I'll just post my shmup collection
#19 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16151 posts) -

I haven't done a panorama in a long time. Heck. Here's my old den. The new one is similar enough.... I mean the same furniture, minus CRT TV and monitors:

MyOldDen_zps2c27b007.jpg

#20 Posted by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -
pumped to see those CRTs - especially for PC.
#21 Posted by topgunmv (10237 posts) -

Testing my computer by my workbench after migrating it to a new case:

caseg.jpg

inside4i.jpg

My uglies:

inside3je.jpg

Cleaner internet pictures of what it looks like:

case2p.jpg

caseyt.jpg

#22 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16151 posts) -

pumped to see those CRTs - especially for PC.Some-Mist

I know. I donated them all to Goodwill. I got tired of messing with refresh rates.

#23 Posted by Wasdie (49926 posts) -

I guess it's time for me to bite.

Computer.

88Vcm96.jpg

CRT TV + Xbox, Playstation 2, N64

jHWImWf.jpg

The full setup.

TdVBkSC.jpg

TV + PS3, Xbox 360, 5.1 Surround sound

ZEafGXw.jpg

Games and stuff.

k9E6soz.jpg

#24 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16151 posts) -

A mish-mash of other stuff I had posted in the past:

Edit:

One thing I love about my desk is it's a great surface for an optical mouse. Notice no mousepads anywhere.

DenSetup_zps00b58b37.jpg

Oldconsoles_zps78c1fb43.jpg

PCGames_zpsa2333bd4.jpg

PS3Games_zpseb956987.jpg

#25 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Not very exciting as I just moved here recently and I live in barracks. I do what I can

M2KKUNK.jpg

vI8Yod6.jpg

I don't have much of a setup with my PS3 so I don't feel like posting it. Just a small HD tv I sit really close to and some games

#26 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
I'd love to show off my terrible setup but the room is a complete wreck.
#27 Posted by AdobeArtist (22894 posts) -

When in Rome...

setup001

setup002

setup003

setup004

#28 Posted by wis3boi (31382 posts) -

really old pics, but the space remains similar. Sorry bout the sh!tty camera

IMGP0022.jpg

IMGP0025.jpg

IMGP0027.jpg

IMGP0028.jpg

#29 Posted by AdobeArtist (22894 posts) -

I'd love to show off my terrible setup but the room is a complete wreck. Plagueless

Can't be worse than what I just showed :P

#30 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

I'd love to show off my terrible setup but the room is a complete wreck. Plagueless

Dude we have nearly the same build!

I have Windows 7, a 1TB HDD and 250GB SSD

Haven't done anything to the processor though

#31 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -

[QUOTE="Plagueless"]I'd love to show off my terrible setup but the room is a complete wreck. whiskeystrike

Dude we have nearly the same build!

I have Windows 7, a 1TB HDD and 250GB SSD

Haven't done anything to the processor though

They're pretty common build parts. I really need a new HDD soon, think I'm gonna get a 2TB and an SSD for boot, (although with W8 i don't really need it) And overclocking the CPU is easy as pie, just look on youtube for some guides and you'll be able to do it in a matter of hours. I use a 4.2 because I'm lazy and din't want to spend days testing stability, so I just go with that modest overclock which still gives a good boost in CPU intensive games like sims or RTS's.
#32 Posted by Heil68 (44601 posts) -
Here's how i strap myself in when the pedal is to the fuking metal...awwww yeahhh!  [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/152/photo2aqi.jpg[/img]   [/URL]
#33 Posted by Chutebox (37230 posts) -

Here's how i strap myself in when the pedal is to the fuking metal...awwww yeahhh! Heil68

Lol at the Kinect. Which Yamaha receiver is that? It looks like my old one.

#34 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

Lets see if this works. Posting more than one picture in a single post has never worked for me in the past.

[spoiler]

(my temporary school setup. It isn't very nice. The computer is sitting on top of a plant rack box to keep it off the carpet. 20" old dell monitor. Broken lamp to the right)

(Close up of the tower. It is a Lian-Li that has a front fan grill built for Velocity Micro which is where the computer originally came from before i did a total upgrade this past summer. AMD X4 4100, 4gb RAM, 500gb + 250gb HD, EVGA GTX670)

(There is a 360 on the left which isn't mine and a PS3 to the right, but if you haven't noticed already the lighting here is terrible so you can hardly see it. I don't use the speakers that you see there, they are actually worse than the TV speakrs.)

(This is only a piece of my collection. As you can see I only have good games except for MW3 which is just ok.

(Also, a cookie)

[/spoiler]

#36 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10657 posts) -

Here we go;

Gaming PC and Xbox 360 Set-Up:

C6so9Xy.jpg

Wii U, Playstation 3, 3DS, and PS Vita Set-Up:

aQIaQh8.jpg

#37 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -

Sorry for the crappy lighting in these. Camera flash was on the fritz.

dscf0556.png

dscf0549.png

dscf0547.png

dscf0541.png

#38 Posted by noseysucksucker (60 posts) -
lol everyone has that phantom computer case now it's pretty cool but i wouldnt buy it because it has a door that covers the cd-rom drives that's something just you have to worry about breaking off that would prevent me from buying it.
#39 Posted by noseysucksucker (60 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"] Here's how i strap myself in when the pedal is to the fuking metal...awwww yeahhh!  [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/152/photo2aqi.jpg[/img]   [/URL]

LOL DUDE U GOT A DELL SPOTTED SECOND PIC.
#40 Posted by topgunmv (10237 posts) -

Here we go;

Gaming PC and Xbox 360 Set-Up:

C6so9Xy.jpg

Wii U, Playstation 3, 3DS, and PS Vita Set-Up:

ShadowDeathX

What model is that sub?

#41 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10657 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

Here we go;

topgunmv

What model is that sub?

This one; http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA

#42 Posted by topgunmv (10237 posts) -

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

Here we go;

ShadowDeathX

What model is that sub?

This one; http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-10-Inch-Monitor-Subwoofer/dp/B0002KVQBA

Ah, looks just like mine

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6TuBDI8hKCe/p_107PSW404/Polk-Audio-PSW404.html

#43 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10657 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

What model is that sub?

topgunmv

Ah, looks just like mine

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6TuBDI8hKCe/p_107PSW404/Polk-Audio-PSW404.html

Yes, but yours is better.
#44 Posted by noseysucksucker (60 posts) -
/thread
#45 Posted by noseysucksucker (60 posts) -
ALL IN ONE
#46 Posted by geraldwillkill (1134 posts) -

My room is dirty :/

Here is the Desktop, was doing ios stuff but got carried away by path of exile.

DSC_0062.jpg

and the girlfriend playing halo behind me.

DSC_0064.jpg

#47 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

Pretty sure Animal already won the thread courtesy of that bar.

#48 Posted by Epak_ (6786 posts) -

A mish-mash of other stuff I had posted in the past:

Edit:

One thing I love about my desk is it's a great surface for an optical mouse. Notice no mousepads anywhere.

jun_aka_pekto

What surface isn't good for an optical mouse? A clear glass table maybe, but other than that...

#49 Posted by WiiMan21 (8176 posts) -

WAaVviX.jpg

I'll post a picture of my other set up with all my systems when I clean it up a bit, but for now you can see all the controllers and my handhelds:

FMzpv2L.jpg

#50 Posted by WiiMan21 (8176 posts) -

My room is dirty :/

Here is the Desktop, was doing ios stuff but got carried away by path of exile.

DSC_0062.jpg

and the girlfriend playing halo behind me.

DSC_0064.jpg

geraldwillkill
Path of Exile is really fun btw, I think its way better than D3 and Torchlight 2.