the best worst game nobody is talking about

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I'm talking about Zombie Army Trilogy. Right now on MetaCritic it's carrying a 71 on PC, 62 on PS4, and 65 on Xbox One. To be honest, I hadn't heard of the game until recently. From what I can gather, the first two campaigns in the trilogy were released as stand-alone expansions to Sniper Elite V2's game engine, released as Nazi Zombie Army and Nazi Zombie Army 2, and this last campaign was developed to be included in a remaster of the first two campaigns in this collection of the Zombie Army Trilogy. The games allow for single play campaign or the option for 4-player online co-op. It features a variety of WW2 style weapons from different rifles and submachine guns and pistols, and a nice variety of numerous undead enemies that come at you in ever more challenging waves. Despite it's lukewarm critical reception, I do have to say this is a pretty damn fun game.

This is currently available on PS4 and Xbox One for $50 and $45 on PC via Steam. The Xbox One was on sale for $40 for a short while, and I heard people say the PS4 version was $40 (maybe through PS+ membership I assume). In North America, it's only available through digital download, though I believe it did get a physical retail release in the UK.

As far as I can tell so far, there's no story to speak of beyond the basic premise of Hitler in his last desperate throws releasing an army of the undead as his last act of aggression. And, well, that's all you really need for a setup for a game that's pure unadulterated nonstop action. Surely, some people will complain that it's derivative of COD's Nazi Zombie multiplayer, and 4 years too late. And maybe they're right and it's not entirely original. But does that make it a bad game? No, it doesn't. And as far as my experience with it goes, it's fucking awesome.

For video of how it looks on both the PS4 and Xbox One, see this...

...and, well, PC version best, yadda-yadda-yadda.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Ohh look a WWII zombie game. Thats never been done before. Yawn.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Ohh look a WWII zombie game. Thats never been done before. Yawn.

but you can shoot these ones in the nuts...in slow motion

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

@inb4uall: While true it's not original, it is a lot of fun to play nonetheless, for me anyways. Sure I like my more substantive games like everybody else, but sometimes I need some pure mindless fun, and it certainly is a great deal of fun to play, even if it lacks originality.

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

I've actually been having fun with this on PS4 as a pick up game for my girlfriend and I. The thrill of watching the slo-mo bullet cams from a long distance headshot is enough to keep it entertaining. I've already had a few separate gaming sessions on it for a couple hours at a time and have barely played all that there is on offer, so to me it's worth it.

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

I only like Zombie games that put an emphasis on survival, meaning you don't have 924351531 bullets to use.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib: think you just sold me.