The best voice actor from 7th gen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

For me it was Nolan North, just because I find him hilarious. He also pretty much surprised the hell out of me with that role from the Last of Us. How about you?

#2 Posted by Ballroompirate (23870 posts) -

Troy Baker for being awesome and good while Claudia Blacks voice is just pure fracking HOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

#3 Posted by darkangel115 (2363 posts) -

I'd have to take one from mass effect 3....but too many choices to pick just one

#4 Posted by MassiveKaos (3876 posts) -

Whoever voiced Andrew Ryan

#5 Posted by svenus97 (2292 posts) -

For both quality and quantity Jennifer Hale and Troy Baker.

But for single roles I'd say Ellen McLain as GLADOS from Portal (Also Stephen Merchant), Armin Shimerman as Andrew Ryan from BioShock (Also everyone else), Mark Roper as The Machine from Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (Also Toby Longworth), Claudia Black as Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins (Also everyone else), Ashley Benson as Ellie from The Last of Us (Also everyone else). And also dozens of others that I'm too lazy to type out. But overall I'd say Jennifer Hale.

#6 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

The arrow in the knee guy from Skyrim.

#7 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2618 posts) -

I'd have to go with Nolan North simply for the fact that everyone recognizes him as the voice of Drake but for example when you hear The Penguin, Dr. Richtofen or David from TLoU they sound absolutely nothing alike and nothing like his actual voice. Dude has range.

#8 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (153 posts) -

The Voice Actor for Smaug!

#9 Posted by hoosier7 (4063 posts) -

Troy Baker by a mile for me. Joel's role was brilliantly executed by him and helped make the character entirely believable and real.

#10 Posted by trugs26 (6147 posts) -

Mike Patton (lead singer of Faith No More) did The Darkness 1 & 2 voice over for the eponymous force. He also did lots of Zombie sound/voices for Left 4 Dead, and also did the anger sphere in Portal.

Just thought I'd mention him, not sure if he's the best though. Up to you to decide that.

#11 Edited by HavocV3 (7955 posts) -

The guy that voiced Vaas in FC3.

#12 Posted by HavocV3 (7955 posts) -
@trugs26 said:

Mike Patton (lead singer of Faith No More) did The Darkness 1 & 2 voice over for the eponymous force. He also did lots of Zombie sound/voices for Left 4 Dead, and also did the anger sphere in Portal.

Just thought I'd mention him, not sure if he's the best though. Up to you to decide that.

That's pretty cool.

I love me some FNM, but I never knew that Mike did VA work.

#13 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

The dude who voiced Handsome Jack in Borderlands 2 was priceless. I kept thinking it was the same guy who voiced Archer (FX television series) but that turned out to not be the case. Very similar though in both voice and comic timing.

#14 Posted by AdobeArtist (23088 posts) -

Jennifer Hale, booyah!!

#15 Posted by wiifan001 (18536 posts) -

Luke Skywalker as the Joker

#16 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3229 posts) -

Nolan North. So versatile.

#18 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

@mrintro said:

For me it was Nolan North, just because I find him hilarious. He also pretty much surprised the hell out of me with that role from the Last of Us. How about you?

Nolan North wasnt in The Last of Us....

#19 Posted by Big_Pecks (5669 posts) -

Ashley Benson.

#20 Posted by Kiro0 (1176 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@mrintro said:

He voiced David. That's how good he is when he's actually using his range.

#21 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

@Kiro0 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@mrintro said:

well fuck me in the ass.... I never knew...

I'll still say that Nolan North was the best last gen just based on Nathan Drake alone.

#22 Edited by chocolate1325 (32648 posts) -

Tough one here but I am gonna go for Troy Baker just because of how he did the Joker and Joel this year.

#23 Edited by Kiro0 (1176 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Kiro0 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@mrintro said:

I'll still say that Nolan North was the best last gen just based on Nathan Drake alone.

Yeah, it's probably between him and Troy Baker for me, with Jennifer Hale pulling up just behind them. Troy Baker has REALLY come into his own the last 2-3 years. I get the feeling he and Nolan North will be competing for roles before long, if they aren't already.

#24 Edited by hoosier7 (4063 posts) -

@Kiro0 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@mrintro said:

Wtf, i just listened back to some of the cutscenes and he still doesn't sound the same even now i know. He's the last person i would have guessed as David's voice.

#25 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Nolan North. Steven Heck was f*cking hilarious. That and his huge amount of other roles - he's a great voice actor.

#26 Posted by AdobeArtist (23088 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Kiro0 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I'm AdobeArtist and this is my favorite post in System Wars, lol.

#27 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Kiro0 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I'm AdobeArtist and this is my favorite post in System Wars, lol.

mod likes a post of mine?

#28 Posted by AdobeArtist (23088 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: And an even better follow up.

+1

#29 Edited by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

troy baker has an awesome voice, i have been playing FF13 (interesting he is playing ocelot in phamtom pain according to imdb)and Snows voice just sounds bad ass. speaking of badass voices in FF13 that guy who voiced caius sounded awesome too, though did noy go with character model IMO.

there are so many great voice actors this gen I could think back on many

#30 Posted by silversix_ (16619 posts) -

Everyone from RDR

#31 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Troy Baker and Nolan North.

#32 Posted by flashn00b (3190 posts) -

No love for Steve Blum?

#33 Edited by navyguy21 (13113 posts) -

Mark Hamill

#34 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

Merle Dandridge for her role as Alyx in HL2: Ep1 and Ep2 as well as Marlene in TLoU. Also, Troy Baker for Joel in TLoU. Their final scene together at the end was just amazing. I've never felt voice acting so tense and genuine in any game...ever. Plus they actually acted it all out which only added to the scene.

#35 Posted by mems_1224 (49005 posts) -

Troy Baker

#36 Posted by GoldenElementXL (4119 posts) -

Troy Baker hands down. Booker DeWitt, Joel from TLOU and the Joker all from one guy. He's the man.

#37 Edited by DillonShwing (565 posts) -

1.The guy who played Niko Belic

2. The guy who played John Marston

#38 Posted by mems_1224 (49005 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

Troy Baker hands down. Booker DeWitt, Joel from TLOU and the Joker all from one guy. He's the man.

Saints Row, Two-Face/Robin in the same game, Batman, Kai Leng....dude has been on a roll the last few years

#39 Posted by GoldenElementXL (4119 posts) -

@mems_1224: Yeah I saw all of those roles on imdb too. He's been killin it in 2013. Some good stuff further back too!

#40 Posted by millerlight89 (18641 posts) -

I want to say Troy Baker, but his Joker was meh.

#41 Posted by Basinboy (11492 posts) -

Nolan North

#42 Posted by jg4xchamp (51467 posts) -

Robin Atkins Downes: The Boss from Saints Row with the Cogni accent.

He's THE GOAT