The best video game opening of 2013?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Blabadon (26672 posts) -

So I just got back into the world of console gaming and downloaded Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider. I feel like chopping my hands off playing both.

Like I'm sure they get better but man oh man does it sometimes feel like these games have to shout "yo we're inferior movies" in my face. For the first time in my life, I just sat on my couch going "what the shit just happened?" in Tomb Raider.The story just starts off so abruptly after you hit New Game I couldn't put down my soda in time to see. I mean, shit, I've even played Killzone 3's ending and didn't have the same reaction. I was more just like

if anything at that game's ending. TR has a weird, weird beginning yo.

BioShock Infinite is another story altogether and I fucking know you haven't read this far so why type it; just answer the thread question okay?

#2 Posted by Kuromino (1359 posts) -

Prepare yourself for the onslaught of people saying The Last of Us, it's going to get annoying.

Anyway my vote is for The Last of Us.

#3 Posted by Weird_Jerk (594 posts) -

Didn't even play The Last of Us and that gets my vote. I watched it on youtube, and I have to say that it was probably one of the best introductions, even if bloated a little with cut-scenes, that I have ever seen for any sort of visual story, let alone for a video game.

#4 Edited by Kevlar101 (6223 posts) -

The Last of Us.

Same as Weird_Jerk. I have only seen gameplay videos on YouTube.

#5 Edited by platinumking320 (667 posts) -

@Kuromino said:

Prepare yourself for the onslaught of people saying The Last of Us, it's going to get annoying.

Anyway my vote is for The Last of Us.

What can you say? It was involving and emotional...

It still loses a few points for that downright idiotic solider, who must've either been playing too much CoD before he started the night shift or his 'Captain Walker' syndrome clearly went undiagnosed for years. There's a million different things he could've done besides just open fire.

why do army men still show less discretion than small town sheriffs, cops and civilians in apocalyptic fiction? They're supposed to be leaders.

#6 Posted by jg4xchamp (48405 posts) -

Saints Row 4

Back me up here Mems. Saints Bros

#7 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3077 posts) -

Yeah, I mean I have to say TLOU as well. GTA V wasn't bad either. But yeah, I mean I really think TLOU had an excellent opening.

#8 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9059 posts) -

Metro Last Light, probably?

#9 Posted by bbkkristian (14957 posts) -

Because there were more games than TLOU that came out last year, I would go with Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

#10 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -

Metro last light obviously. it starting was cool

#11 Posted by blamix99 (2069 posts) -

TLOU and GTA V for me

#12 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13783 posts) -

Bioshock Infintie's Prologue is miles better than Than TLOU. Its ending, although stupid and non-sensicle, is also better. Its everything in between thats where the Difference is. Plus TLOU doesn't have a Post Credits Easter Egg.

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (41036 posts) -
@jg4xchamp said:

Saints Row 4

Back me up here Mems. Saints Bros

Mems is late.

Agree though. There was so much good stuff crammed in its opening.

#14 Posted by Nightflash28 (2123 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite. Superb opening, and that moment when you glide through the clouds and see Columbia for the first time with that music playing... that was just an incredible moment. Forget the hate around this game (personally, I loved it), but that was just such a damn good introduction.

#15 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9059 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

Metro last light obviously. it starting was cool

Very true.

#16 Edited by CR00K (2644 posts) -

The Last of Us.

TLOU wins