The Best Splinter cell game

• 86 results
#1 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

So ppls, out of 5 splinter cell games? which one is best?

Well i do it like

CT>Original>PT>DA>>>>>>>>conviction>>>>>>>>>>>BL

#2 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

Unlike you, I've played every singe one

Blacklist is the best overall game.

But the Original, Pandora Tomorrow & Chaos theory will always be that bit more special to me.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (38685 posts) -

Very close between Chaos Theory and Blacklist.

Replaying Chaos Theory on 3DS right now.

#4 Posted by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -

Either Chaos Theory or Blacklist.

What Ubisoft achieved with Blacklist was amazing, especially after how shitty Conviction turned out to be.

#5 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

But the Original, Pandora Tomorrow & Chaos theory will always be that bit more special to me.

I have played blacklist finally after your suggestion.

its same conviction but little bit of stealth. i am on iran/tehran mission and it starting to get boring. level design is awful. cutscene are painfully and story is very generic.

atleast double agent was last game which play like classic splinter cell game..

#6 Posted by gameofthering (10081 posts) -

This topic would probably be better suited in the general games discussion section.

I've never really managed to get into the game series. I've only played the original and Conviction.

#7 Posted by Ballroompirate (22208 posts) -

MGS3 is the best one

#8 Posted by toast_burner (21290 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

its same conviction but little bit of stealth. i am on iran/tehran mission and it starting to get boring. level design is awful. cutscene are painfully and story is very generic.

A little? You can go through the whole game without being spotted or killing anyone

#9 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3346 posts) -

Conviction.

#10 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

What Ubisoft achieved with Blacklist was amazing, especially after how shitty Conviction turned out to be.

like what? change the voice actor of sam fisher, bring most generic story ever, bring some of bland and uninspired level design, no sound/light meter, no hacking or keypad, no interrogetion, i cant scroll up and down for changing speed, and i could go on and on.

also upgrading and money system in Splinter cell?? LOL UBISOFT really?

#11 Edited by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

like what? change the voice actor of sam fisher, bring most generic story ever, bring some of bland and uninspired level design, no sound/light meter, no hacking or keypad, no interrogetion, i cant scroll up and down for changing speed, and i could go on and on.

It sounds to me like you just don't like change, SNIPER-kun

#12 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@sts106mat said:

A little? You can go through the whole game without being spotted or killing anyone

stealth in this game is very basic.

in chaos theory there was no other option than stealth. here we can go rambo or stealth. and thats what make game bad.

weak stealth and weak shooting.

#13 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

no dude, it's only like conviction if you are trying to. play the millionaire's yacht level and come back

level desing is great.....the cutscenes are fine,

all story's about terrorists and bloody spies / double agents are generic.

#14 Edited by Ballroompirate (22208 posts) -
#15 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3346 posts) -

Because having fucking options is a terrible thing. Jesus.

#16 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@charizard1605 said:

dont fix if aint broken.

that is why developers should never listen to new generation younger gamers.

splinter cell was perfect. no need to change that. just improve some graphics and add some features. thats it.

#17 Posted by toast_burner (21290 posts) -

@toast_burner said:
@SNIPER4321 said:

@sts106mat said:

stealth in this game is very basic.

in chaos theory there was no other option than stealth. here we can go rambo or stealth. and thats what make game bad.

weak stealth and weak shooting.

Then don't go Rambo. problem solved. Not the games fault if you can't control your trigger finger.

#18 Posted by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -

@charizard1605:

You mean Sniper-chan lol

Oh, you're right. My bad :-3

dont fix if aint broken.

splinter cell was perfect. no need to change that. just improve some graphics and add some features. thats it.

If we listened to people like you, we'd still be stuck in the dark ages.

'Don't fix if ain't broken. Why invent printing press? Books have done fine being handwritten for hundreds of years!'

#19 Edited by marcheegsr (2457 posts) -

I liked Blacklist the most. Really enjoyed the online portion also. Spies vs mercs. Good throwback to double agent.

#20 Posted by freedomfreak (38685 posts) -

in chaos theory there was no other option than stealth.

Wrong.

Chaos Theory offered a Stealth, Assault, or "recommended" option. You could shoot your way through the game, unless a mission required you to not kill anyone. You could even carry a shotgun around.

The mechanics just didn't lend themselves well to that, as opposed to Conviction/Blacklist.

#21 Posted by Ballroompirate (22208 posts) -
#22 Edited by freedomfreak (38685 posts) -
#23 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

I rather to live in dark ages than this new modern world.

#24 Edited by charizard1605 (55344 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I'm sure the modern world feels the same way about you too.

#25 Posted by mems_1224 (46181 posts) -

Blacklist, only because its more fun to play now than Chaos Theory.

#26 Posted by mems_1224 (46181 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm sure the modern world feels the same way about you too.

he's a homeless person that lives in a 3rd world country. pretty sure thats basically the dark ages.

#27 Edited by Arb0rv1r (19 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@charizard1605 said:

dont fix if aint broken.

What do you think was added? Perhaps some improved graphics and additional features? GASP!

Blacklist gives you the best of both worlds. Not only can you play the entire game in the classic style but you also have additional options to be more aggressive.

By the way what do you think would happen to the industry if it did not listen to the criticism of the fans that fuel it? Would you rather they listen to YOUR generation and YOUR generation only? Seems pretty close minded.

#28 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4518 posts) -

The only one I haven't played yet is Blacklist, but from the others, Chaos Theory easily.

#29 Posted by _Matt_ (8835 posts) -

This this and more this.

Sts proves once again he has prime taste...

at least as far as SC is concerned.

I'm glad you like Pandora Tomorrow, a lot of people like to hate on it.

#30 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@sts106mat said:

This this and more this.

haha thanks dude.

I liked pandora tomorrow because it introduced some cool new moves for sam, such as the leg splits. Sodono was also a cool villain and the levels were nicely changed up.. I see no reason to hate on that one at all.

#31 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@sts106mat said:

This this and more this.

haha thanks dude.

I liked pandora tomorrow because it introduced some cool new moves for sam, such as the leg splits. Sodono was also a cool villain and the levels were nicely changed up.. I see no reason to hate on that one at all.

shetland was best SC villian ever.

oh btw the villian in blacklist sadiq is probably most generic villian i have ever seen. he what... engineer leader. and thats it.

#32 Posted by Crypt_mx (3947 posts) -

As a player of every single SC game here is my opinion:

CT=BL>PT>Original>Conviction>DA

Double agent was easily the worst game, conviction is only considered "bad" by people who enjoy real stealth tactics but as a game its alright. BL and CT are tied for best as BL is the most flexible game for different playstyles and CT is the best true stealth gameplay.

#33 Posted by glez13 (8554 posts) -

Chaos Theory>Original>Pandora Tomorrow>Double Agent(6th gen)>Double Agent(7th gen)>Blacklist>Conviction

#34 Posted by freedomfreak (38685 posts) -

Also, Chaos Theory has an awesome soundtrack. Never really cared for the SC soundtrack until CT released.

Smooth.

#35 Edited by LustForSoul (5828 posts) -

I thought blacklist was pretty weak, I'll go with conviction.

#36 Posted by Crypt_mx (3947 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Sam Fishers voice had to change, Ironside didn't want to do it and Ubi wanted to do full body cap so it worked best that way. Yes the story was boring and generic but that is where me agreeing with you ends. BL for the most part had amazing level design, each level seemed to be inspired by Dishonored in the way that you could go about completing them any way you want. Other SC games maybe had better level design for pure stealth, but you can't deny the variety offered by levels in BL. Sound/light meter are really not needed anymore, seriously what would they add to the gameplay? If there were a sound and light meter 90% of players would just be ignoring it anyway because the game works perfectly without it. Hacking is usually just an annoying mini-game, interrogations are pointless, changing speed isn't necessary imo and there is nothing wrong with a money and upgrades system.

You have a serious problem with change, you seem to only count the things that it takes away and not the things that it adds. I am a stealth lover and a SC fanatic and I just don't understand people who want games to be the same thing every year with new graphics.

#37 Posted by _Matt_ (8835 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@sts106mat said:

This this and more this.

haha thanks dude.

It had some amazing levels too. Jerusalem and the train being standouts to me.

#38 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Also, Chaos Theory has an awesome soundtrack. Never really cared for the SC soundtrack until CT released.

Smooth.

I agree. CT has some of the best soundtracks

#39 Posted by padaporra (3389 posts) -

#40 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1670 posts) -

MGSV better than all these games put together. Sniper should get a PS4 xD

#41 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

I haven't played Pandora Tomorrow and Double Agent and haven't finished Chaos Theory but I'd have to say the original Splinter Cell was the most special to me. However I really enjoyed Blacklist, its side missions and social / online / local multiplayer integration.

#42 Edited by Cranler (8182 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@toast_burner said:
@SNIPER4321 said:

@sts106mat said:

Rambo usually goes stealthy. Bow and arrow is his weapon of choice. Never seen a Rambo movie?

#43 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

I like whichever one is the most hardcore.

#44 Edited by evildead6789 (7261 posts) -

So ppls, out of 5 splinter cell games? which one is best?

Well i do it like

CT>Original>PT>DA>>>>>>>>BL>>>>>>>>>>>Conviction

There are no good splinter cell games or tom clancy games for that matter

#45 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2208 posts) -

Splinter Cell Double Agent and Chaos Theory are best in the series .

Then Pandora Tomorrow > Original >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blacklist>>>>>Conviction .

I've played every Splinter Cell game (except Essentials on PSP) . For me Splinter Cell games are dead , it used to be my favorite series . I personally think that Conviction isn't much worse than Blacklist because Blacklist itself was terrible . It was just a small improvement over Conviction formula , that have nothing to do with first 4 games .

#46 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5639 posts) -

I really enjoyed Conviction.

#47 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2208 posts) -

MGSV better than all these games put together. Sniper should get a PS4 xD

MGS V .? Is it out already .? Or you are talking about that glorified demo "Ground Zeroes" .? "MGSV better than all these games put together" , oh please , even the weakest Splinter Cell game have better gameplay than new MGS games in recent years .

#48 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Splinter Cell Double Agent and Chaos Theory are best in the series .

Then Pandora Tomorrow > Original >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blacklist>>>>>Conviction .

I've played every Splinter Cell game (except Essentials on PSP) . For me Splinter Cell games are dead , it used to be my favorite series . I personally think that Conviction isn't much worse than Blacklist because Blacklist itself was terrible . It was just a small improvement over Conviction formula , that have nothing to do with first 4 games .

finally someone speaking truth with logic. i dont understand why are ppls praising blacklist. and consider it as par with CT. i mean really.

there is hell difference between CT and BL. even double agent was better because it follow chaos theory formula. plus it has best story in splinter cell series by far. especially that ice mission 4 alone completely blow blacklist out of water

#49 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

For me it's CT > PT > DA > Original > BL > Conviction

#50 Edited by cfisher2833 (1544 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Very close between Chaos Theory and Blacklist.

Replaying Chaos Theory on 3DS right now.

Didn't know Chaos Theory was on the 3DS. Still best to play it on PC at 1080p though; the game still looks amazing.

Anyone saying Blacklist needs to be taken out and shot in the head. Blacklist is horseshit compared to Chaos Theory. NEED I REMIND YOU OF THE FPS SECTION!!??? Are you fucking kidding me!? A fucking forced (and very poorly done) FPS section in a Splinter Cell game!? Not to mention it has those horrible AssCreed style "press A to do everything" contextual controls, which constantly cause you to accidentally do things you didn't intend to. Oh, and the light/shadow play is so non-existent that you never even have to use your night vision. The sound detection on Blacklist was garbage as well--pretty much solely consisting of what kind of boots you have on and whether or not your running/crouched. Contrast that with Chaos Theory's sound detection meter, with numerous different walk speeds producing different degrees of sound.