The best launch game this generation has gone gold

  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Can't wait!

#2 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -

If killzone is the best launch title, we are all in huge trouble lol.

#3 Posted by gpuking (2653 posts) -

The lemming clan just received their death warrant lol.

#4 Edited by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

whoo on rails segments - teh next gen innovation .

Killzone is not going to be the best launch game. COD has more chance FFS.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (38160 posts) -

Okay.

#6 Edited by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

whoo on rails segments - teh next gen innovation .

Killzone is not going to be the best launch game. COD has more chance FFS.

Love the damage control it's so bad it's good LOL

#7 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

whoo on rails segments - teh next gen innovation .

Killzone is not going to be the best launch game. COD has more chance FFS.

Love the damage control it's so bad it's good LOL

nobody will ever need to damage control a killzone game mate.

#8 Edited by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

I predict a solid 8.0 GS score. All the way between 4.0-7.0 if McShea reviews it.

#9 Posted by gpuking (2653 posts) -

@kellykelly said:

@sts106mat said:

whoo on rails segments - teh next gen innovation .

Killzone is not going to be the best launch game. COD has more chance FFS.

Love the damage control it's so bad it's good LOL

nobody will ever need to damage control a killzone game mate.

Clearly you and your lem butthurts just did lol.

#10 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3665 posts) -

#11 Posted by The_Last_Ride (68884 posts) -

It looks like a great game. Not surprised really

#12 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@sts106mat said:

@kellykelly said:

@sts106mat said:

whoo on rails segments - teh next gen innovation .

Killzone is not going to be the best launch game. COD has more chance FFS.

Love the damage control it's so bad it's good LOL

nobody will ever need to damage control a killzone game mate.

Clearly you and your lem butthurts just did lol.

no butthurt or damage control. just saying that it looks like another generic sci-fi FPS.

hardly a contender for best launch game, what is bringing to the table besides nice graphics? haven't seen anybody once talk about the enemies, backstory, lore....& that's why killzone is a middle of the road franchise.

#13 Edited by MBirdy88 (7139 posts) -

Playing shooters on consoles lol. might look pretty, but I still bet I will find Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 4 much better to play still.

mind boggles me how after all this time there hasn't been a single console shooter mp better than team fortress. and it still has 80-100k players at peak time.... where most of the console shooters except cod, even the mighty halo don't come close anymore.

#14 Posted by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -

I'm all excited

#15 Posted by foxhound_fox (86844 posts) -

Hooray for pretty set pieces! That's what gaming is all about!

#16 Posted by gameofthering (9952 posts) -
#17 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

Lol your best game is a spunkgargleweewee? This is a sad day for PlayStation users.

#18 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (892 posts) -

Davekeeh = KellyKelly

#19 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Davekeeh = KellyKelly

Yeah, he's not very subtle

#20 Posted by GiantAssPanda (1590 posts) -

Well, if linear, on rails shooter with cinematic set pieces is your thing, then maybe.

Personally I think the game looks incredibly boring.

#21 Posted by Newhopes (4444 posts) -

LOL at borezone.

#22 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -
#23 Posted by tormentos (16423 posts) -

But but that's impossible lemming say they are worry about Killzone SF been delay... hahahahaaaaaaaaa

#24 Posted by soulitane (13375 posts) -

But but that's impossible lemming say they are worry about Killzone SF been delay... hahahahaaaaaaaaa

You mean trolls and fakeboys?

#25 Posted by tormentos (16423 posts) -

whoo on rails segments - teh next gen innovation .

Killzone is not going to be the best launch game. COD has more chance FFS.

And i will play the superior version for $100 less than on xbox one..hahaha

#26 Edited by Caseytappy (2111 posts) -

Poor DaveKee.... eh KellyKelly had to resort to Killzone .

Hyped Drive club sky high for months and they just kicked it from right under him .

#27 Edited by raging_user (379 posts) -

Give me 3 reasons why it's the best launch title

because some of you cows are slow ill start you off with one

1. it looks good

hard mode: not dodging the question

nightmare mode: a reply without without acting 12

#28 Edited by adamosmaki (9353 posts) -

@kellykelly said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Davekeeh = KellyKelly

I'm not Davekeeh sorry, Davekeeh said he quit Gamespot forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k09feGMDc2Q

Of course you are not. The word of a trolling fanboy is always to be trusted. He said he is not coming back he is not. Now you making topics and comments 99% identical to Davekeeh and both having a WWE character as your avatar is completely coincidental

#29 Edited by tormentos (16423 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Playing shooters on consoles lol. might look pretty, but I still bet I will find Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 4 much better to play still.

mind boggles me how after all this time there hasn't been a single console shooter mp better than team fortress. and it still has 80-100k players at peak time.... where most of the console shooters except cod, even the mighty halo don't come close anymore.

I bet more people play shooter now on consoles that those who play on PC..

In fact BF4 is selling better on PS4 than on PC by gamestop stats,and COD sales on consoles eclipse those on PC by a land slide.

Hell the PS3 version alone destroy the PC version in sales,the xbox 360 version even more.

Team Fortress 2 was a great game,but is old by now the fact that people still play it means nothing,people still play Halo 3 which is from 2007 as well,even Resistance got people playing,hell and if socom severs would have not been kill people would still play socom on PS2.

#30 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@tormentos:

@sts106mat said:

whoo on rails segments - teh next gen innovation .

Killzone is not going to be the best launch game. COD has more chance FFS.

And i will play the superior version for $100 less than on xbox one..hahaha

meanwhile i'll be lying on a beach in australia, feeling pleased that i haven't wasted £400 or more to play crappy FPS games

#31 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

@kellykelly said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Davekeeh = KellyKelly

I'm not Davekeeh sorry, Davekeeh said he quit Gamespot forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k09feGMDc2Q

Of course you are not. The word of a trolling fanboy is always to be trusted. He said he is not coming back he is not. Now you making topics and comments 99% identical to Davekeeh is completely coincidental

I don't know what you're talking about, Davekeeh is gone forever

Back on-topic thank you

#32 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@kellykelly said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Davekeeh = KellyKelly

I'm not Davekeeh sorry, Davekeeh said he quit Gamespot forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k09feGMDc2Q

Of course you are not. The word of a trolling fanboy is always to be trusted. He said he is not coming back he is not. Now you making topics and comments 99% identical to Davekeeh is completely coincidental

I don't know what you're talking about, Davekeeh is gone forever

Back on-topic thank you

yeah you are about as transparent as a mirror dave.

#33 Edited by tormentos (16423 posts) -

Give me 3 reasons why it's the best launch title

because some of you cows are slow ill start you off with one

1. it looks good

hard mode: not dodging the question

nightmare mode: a reply without without acting 12

1-It looks great.

2-Its a good FPS.

3-Is completely different in style to other previous games,with more open gameplay.

#34 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@raging_user said:

Give me 3 reasons why it's the best launch title

because some of you cows are slow ill start you off with one

1. it looks good

hard mode: not dodging the question

nightmare mode: a reply without without acting 12

1-It looks great.

2-Its a good FPS.

3-Is completely different in style to other previous games,with more open gameplay.

2- Prove it

3- Buh buh buh all games is linear even skyrim buh buh

#35 Edited by MBirdy88 (7139 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Playing shooters on consoles lol. might look pretty, but I still bet I will find Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 4 much better to play still.

mind boggles me how after all this time there hasn't been a single console shooter mp better than team fortress. and it still has 80-100k players at peak time.... where most of the console shooters except cod, even the mighty halo don't come close anymore.

I bet more people play shooter now on consoles that those who play on PC..

In fact BF4 is selling better on PS4 than on PC by gamestop stats,and COD sales on consoles eclipse those on PC by a land slide.

Hell the PS3 version alone destroy the PC version in sales,the xbox 360 version even more.

Team Fortress 2 was a great game,but is old by now the fact that people still play it means nothing,people still play Halo 3 which is from 2007 as well,even Resistance got people playing,hell and if socom severs would have not been kill people would still play socom on PS2.

Your probably right given how Shooters and the occasional sport/fighter are the only populated online games on consoles compared to the far more robust nature and trend of MMOs/Moba's/RTS in other words, the Shooter spotlight on the pc platform was replaced many years ago. BUT timeless classics maintain their popularity (Counter-strike, Battlefields, Team Fortress) and then you've got those odd games like World of Tanks that just destroys every other games popularity on any platform except league of legends maybe.

So yea, you could be right, but you KNOW your only possible correct in your statistics assumption BECAUSE OF COD. a franchise that lost its appeal on PC long ago. died after MW1.

100k people dont still play Halo 3, or killzone, gears/uncharted after being 7 years old, no game comes close to the support, the variety, the class distinction, the charm. (in multiplayer) the point was never "people playing" the point was the scale of people playing after 7 years.

regarding PS3 vs PC with battlefield , they see-saw between most played, some days PS3 will have 20-30k more users online, others PC will. I'm shocked at its popularity on PS3, but then I realized "oh hey.... the damn platform's multiplayer scene is so much smaller what am I expecting?"

#36 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -
@MBirdy88 said:

@tormentos said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Playing shooters on consoles lol. might look pretty, but I still bet I will find Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 4 much better to play still.

mind boggles me how after all this time there hasn't been a single console shooter mp better than team fortress. and it still has 80-100k players at peak time.... where most of the console shooters except cod, even the mighty halo don't come close anymore.

I bet more people play shooter now on consoles that those who play on PC..

In fact BF4 is selling better on PS4 than on PC by gamestop stats,and COD sales on consoles eclipse those on PC by a land slide.

Hell the PS3 version alone destroy the PC version in sales,the xbox 360 version even more.

Team Fortress 2 was a great game,but is old by now the fact that people still play it means nothing,people still play Halo 3 which is from 2007 as well,even Resistance got people playing,hell and if socom severs would have not been kill people would still play socom on PS2.

Your probably right given how Shooters and the occasional sport/fighter are the only populated online games on consoles compared to the far more robust nature and trend of MMOs/Moba's/RTS in other words, the Shooter spotlight on the pc platform was replaced many years ago. BUT timeless classics maintain their popularity (Counter-strike, Battlefields, Team Fortress) and then you've got those odd games like World of Tanks that just destroys every other games popularity on any platform except league of legends maybe.

So yea, you could be right, but you KNOW your only possible correct in your statistics assumption BECAUSE OF COD. a franchise that lost its appeal on PC long ago. died after MW1.

100k people dont still play Halo 3, or killzone, gears/uncharted after being 7 years old, no game comes close to the support, the variety, the class distinction, the charm. (in multiplayer) the point was never "people playing" the point was the scale of people playing after 7 years.

regarding PS3 vs PC with battlefield , they see-saw between most played, some days PS3 will have 20-30k more users online, others PC will. I'm shocked at its popularity on PS3, but then I realized "oh hey.... the damn platform's multiplayer scene is so much smaller what am I expecting?"

45K people are online on Halo 3 right now and it maintained well over 200k concurrent players 3 years after launch

#37 Edited by tormentos (16423 posts) -

@tormentos:

meanwhile i'll be lying on a beach in australia, feeling pleased that i haven't wasted £400 or more to play crappy FPS games

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa......... I guess that the xbox one been under power has really hit you hard,you have change from a dude who loved superior multiplatforms on xbox 360,to some one who hate gaming because its favorite console is under power and over prices,so how does it feel to watch the xbox one been sold for more than what a PS3 cost on 2006..hahaha

The PS4 is 349 pounds in UK is the xbox one the one with a 429 pound price..

PS.

Watch out for the sharks,jelly fish,and scorpion fish,tourist are the first to die always on those beaches,a jelly fish the size of your finger nail is strong enough to kill you in minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irukandji_jellyfish

This is the part they don't tell tourist,swim with a long protective suit,you never know and is found in shallow water,they troll beach with nets but is not 100% warranty that you will not be sting.

This has been a public announcement by your friend Tormy.

Come to the caribean is better great sun no assassins jelly..

#38 Edited by Heil68 (42600 posts) -

awwwww yeahhhhhhh

The prophecy has come true. PS4 is a go guys, locked and loaded. It will offer a barn bursting amount of world class exclusives, just like this game.

Greatness Awaits TC

Sony.

PS4

#39 Edited by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Gold? Whatever than means.

#40 Edited by freedomfreak (38160 posts) -
#41 Posted by tormentos (16423 posts) -

2- Prove it

3- Buh buh buh all games is linear even skyrim buh buh

1-the last one got an 8.5 score here by gamespot that is consider great.

2-In what part i even mention anything about linearity.?

Oh wait i forgot that you confuse linearity with openness,every game is a line having more ways to complete your missing doesn't have that,you just instead of 1 has 4 still bound by those 4 and you most fallow any of those line to progress.

#42 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -
#43 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Oh, nice.

#44 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

If this average series is considered the best launch title for the new consoles than I might as well quit gaming. Because it obviously went downhill.

#45 Edited by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos:

meanwhile i'll be lying on a beach in australia, feeling pleased that i haven't wasted £400 or more to play crappy FPS games

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa......... I guess that the xbox one been under power has really hit you hard,you have change from a dude who loved superior multiplatforms on xbox 360,to some one who hate gaming because its favorite console is under power and over prices,so how does it feel to watch the xbox one been sold for more than what a PS3 cost on 2006..hahaha

The PS4 is 349 pounds in UK is the xbox one the one with a 429 pound price..

PS.

Watch out for the sharks,jelly fish,and scorpion fish,tourist are the first to die always on those beaches,a jelly fish the size of your finger nail is strong enough to kill you in minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irukandji_jellyfish

This is the part they don't tell tourist,swim with a long protective suit,you never know and is found in shallow water,they troll beach with nets but is not 100% warranty that you will not be sting.

This has been a public announcement by your friend Tormy.

Come to the caribean is better great sun no assassins jelly..

I've been to the caribbean mate, i was more at risk from being mythered to death by peddlers on the beaches than anything in the water.

I am aware of the dangers of australia (been there before), but thanks for the advice.

as for the next gen, I don't hate either machine, just don't see either as exciting enough. the fact that games are struggling to be 1080 and 60fps just puts me right off to be honest, they seem very under powered.

#46 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

This game looks boring

#47 Posted by MBirdy88 (7139 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@tormentos said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Playing shooters on consoles lol. might look pretty, but I still bet I will find Team Fortress 2 and Battlefield 4 much better to play still.

mind boggles me how after all this time there hasn't been a single console shooter mp better than team fortress. and it still has 80-100k players at peak time.... where most of the console shooters except cod, even the mighty halo don't come close anymore.

I bet more people play shooter now on consoles that those who play on PC..

In fact BF4 is selling better on PS4 than on PC by gamestop stats,and COD sales on consoles eclipse those on PC by a land slide.

Hell the PS3 version alone destroy the PC version in sales,the xbox 360 version even more.

Team Fortress 2 was a great game,but is old by now the fact that people still play it means nothing,people still play Halo 3 which is from 2007 as well,even Resistance got people playing,hell and if socom severs would have not been kill people would still play socom on PS2.

Your probably right given how Shooters and the occasional sport/fighter are the only populated online games on consoles compared to the far more robust nature and trend of MMOs/Moba's/RTS in other words, the Shooter spotlight on the pc platform was replaced many years ago. BUT timeless classics maintain their popularity (Counter-strike, Battlefields, Team Fortress) and then you've got those odd games like World of Tanks that just destroys every other games popularity on any platform except league of legends maybe.

So yea, you could be right, but you KNOW your only possible correct in your statistics assumption BECAUSE OF COD. a franchise that lost its appeal on PC long ago. died after MW1.

100k people dont still play Halo 3, or killzone, gears/uncharted after being 7 years old, no game comes close to the support, the variety, the class distinction, the charm. (in multiplayer) the point was never "people playing" the point was the scale of people playing after 7 years.

regarding PS3 vs PC with battlefield , they see-saw between most played, some days PS3 will have 20-30k more users online, others PC will. I'm shocked at its popularity on PS3, but then I realized "oh hey.... the damn platform's multiplayer scene is so much smaller what am I expecting?"

45K people are online on Halo 3 right now and it maintained well over 200k concurrent players 3 years after launch

Yes, and now its dwindled... and thats the peak of the franchise. (now anyway).

though the overall point still stands. PS3 version of BF is much worse than the PC version regardless of userbase.

and the consoles have such a small multiplayer scene in comparison.

#48 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2236 posts) -

#LOLFOXBATALPHA (GAMES GONNA BE DELAYED GUYS DELAYSTATION 4) LMFAO foxbatalpha owned once again

#49 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

If this average series is considered the best launch title for the new consoles than I might as well quit gaming. Because it obviously went downhill.

Hard to take you seriously with that low res blurry b-movie as your avatar

#50 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6151 posts) -

That doesn't look like Forza 5. And you spelled Forza 5 wrong too.