That Insane User MC of Divinity: Original Sin ...

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#51 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@mr-powers said:
  1. Point and click and turn based gameplay
  2. No voice acting
  3. No narrative
  4. World of Warcraft cartoony kid graphics
  5. Isometric view
  6. $40
  7. In the year 2014. Hermies... you make it too easy

1. Turn based gameplay is perfect for such game . Lot of console gamers loved XCOM

2. There IS voice acting

3. There is narrative as well and tons of side quests

4. Graphics perfectly match atmosphere and art of the game

5. You must have never played old school RPGs before

6. Much better value than overpriced linear games with no replayability .

7. Stay Mad .

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@blue_hazy_basic said:

Playing the wasteland 2 beta atm (loving old school RPG stylings) and will pick this one up soon. Damn PC lineup is chock a block at the minute!

Can't wait to play that game

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I care as much for user scores than corrupted by Mountain Dew and Doritos fuelled scores.

Have my babies

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

Cows don't like it when they buy a movie and get an interactive game out of it for the ps4.

What does that have to do with the thread?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@mr-powers said:

Point and click and turn based gameplay

No voice acting

No narrative

World of Warcraft cartoony kid graphics

Isometric view

$40

...In the year 2014. Hermies... you make it too easy

What is wrong with turn based gameplay, RPGs work best with TB gameplay, action RPGs tend to be poor man's action games with RPG elements that only make balance impossible.
This is just flat out wrong, there are voice overs... unfortunately.
But there is narrative.
The Art Style is good, and it wont age as badly as Killzone shadowfall or that one PS4 exclusive that came out this year.
This is just flat out wrong. Learn the difference between isometric and top down view.
As opposed to $60, I would say this is a pretty good deal. The fact that this game has more content than any recent console game in memory makes the deal even sweeter.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

well. the best thing for me was how someone made a fake review earlier, and now i've gone to metacritic and checked - it doesn't seem to be there any more. good.

that's great, because such behaviour isn't helpful (generally speaking - in this specific case it was done for a reason, and it did let us know fake reviews get removed, which is helpful - so ty Des). getting 100K+ votes from normal gamers, personally that gives me a much better crude gauge of the game's quality, than any review from any 'professional'. is it a guarantee of quality? no absolutely not.

anyway this is a good result. the fact the game is a pc exclusive is inconsequential. this isn't about ownage, i think this is mostly about what value we can obtain from user score. it's good to see there's a bit of policing going on at metacritic.

anyway the game's minimum system requirements are 8800gt level, so there's a good chance most people out there could give this a shot.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Hmm i might play this... I love turn based game when done right.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@commonfate said:

@bldgirsh said:

Cows don't like it when they buy a movie and get an interactive game out of it for the ps4.

What does that have to do with the thread?

Read @mr-powers comment.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

It's a very good game. Made on a short budget, it accomplished a lot. The combat is great, much better than a lot of RPGs these days. With tools to boot I wonder what we'll get from the community. That said, it seens that a lot of the cash from kickstarter went to polish rather than the things they promised. I understand that they had trouble changing the game's design midway, and so some of the bonus features never showed up. It's selling quite well; and who knows?, it could have a sequel with an enormous leap in content and quality just like BG1 to 2 or Fallout 1 to 2.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@jhonMalcovich: Point being: it's super easy to inflate or deflate user scores. I mean in that pic alone you have a 1 (mine) and three 10's. Which is why you shouldn't really care about user reviews on MC.

On the other hand, user reviews that don't use scores but care to explain the mechanics, the pros, the cons, why you should or shouldn't buy it, now those are the ones you "need to follow" (or should listen too if you want more info in a balanced manner). You'll probably find many of those in rpg dedicate sites/forums.

I tend to listen to PC gamers on SW. Most of them know a good game when they see it.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ShepardCommandr said:

Damn the game must be really good.I've read nothing but good things about it.

Gotta remember pick it up somewhere in the middle August to waste my miserable summer playing this game.

You are just too much. Why a 'miserable summer'? Be happy.

I had a miserable summer in 2011 when my dad died.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

This games actually much better than I first gave it credit for, the story is still so so stupid however, an epic this is not.

I really can't wait to see what can be made with the editor, it's an impressive engine.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Divinity Original Sin User MC: 93/100

and still no reviews from main gaming reviews outlets. *Cough* cough* Gamespot and IGN. I mean, come on, one of the most anitcipated rpgs this year, and Gamespot and Ign didn't bother to make a review about it day 1 even though the game was fully playable since June 20. But by some weird reason, GS had time to review the pus of Tranformers and a shitty PC exclusive that nobody heard of, Spoiler Alert.

Seriously, it's like GS and IGN is out of touch with current state of PC gaming. They miss on important releases and review indie shit instead just to fill a checkbox that they care about Indie game.

I know that the game was offically relased on June 30th, but come on GS, you could easily have access to the early version if you bothered to ask the dev or just bought an early access from Steam for 40 bucks.

Anyway, the game is REALLY great. I am getting so much Baldurs Gate-vibe with this one. The game is reallly daunting at first because of its scale and size, but it's really worth the effort to plunge in it.

Divinity Original Sin is also doing really great sales wise, being Steam's number 1 for a week. The current player number stats was pushed from 3k at launch to 20k after a weak of sales and it keeps growing.

I am really glad that this game is doing well. We all need the resurrection of good RPGs, not corrupted by Mountain Dew and Doritos fuelled industry.

The reason there's no reviews for the game are

1. Reviewers didn't get early access to the game

2. THE GAME IS FUCKING HUGE!!! I mean huge!! The first of four major areas (there's like 6 smaller zones as well) took me around 30-40hrs to complete. It's a 100hr+ game. You won't be seeing reviews for a while if the reviewers intend to complete the game, as is standard with reviews.

It really is an amazing game. Utterly mind-blowing that a small team made this. Easily rivals the size and scope of something like Skyrim, except no part in Divinity has been repetitive. All the side missions I've played so far are unique and interesting. The writing is hilarious and whimsical--even found an Always Sunny reference with the trolls guarding a bridge. And the game easily has the best turn-based combat I've ever experienced in an RPG (Xcom not being an RPG)--it puts JRPG turn-based non-sense to shame as every battle requres real strategy and cunning; you're not just spamming the attack button.

Edit: glad to see Kevin will be doing the review

Pics I took (to counter the dumbfucks saying it's ugly)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:

Have my babies

I.... Sure. Modern science can make it work!

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By cfisher2833

@edwardecl said:

Hmm i might play this... I love turn based game when done right.

It's not just turn based combat done right; it's turn-based combat done MAGNIFICENTLY.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Looks like a new incarnation of BG2.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

RPG GoTY right here. This game is pure gold through and through.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I find it incredibly hard on normal, only level 5 though.

My mains are a fighter and thief... the thief is just far too fragile. I herd playing ranged makes easier but meh.

not to say that it isn't awesome though :)

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Some more critic reviews of this:

http://mousenjoypad.com/reviews/pc/d...al-sin-review/

92%

http://www.gambitmag.com/2014/07/div...al-sin-review/

5/5

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/gam...w-449655.shtml

9.5/10

http://www.co-optimus.com/review/137...op-review.html

5/5

http://www.anythinggeekyreviewed.co....al-sin-review/

9.3/10

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cfisher2833

@BPoole96 said:

92%

5/5

9.5/10

5/5

9.3/10

The problem with any review of the game at this point is that it's almost certain they haven't actually finished it. I don't know if anyone has actually beat the game yet. Maybe...

@MBirdy88 Yeah, thief's are really squishy early on. My second main is a rogue/magic hybrid and it wasn't until I got a few perks like Leech and Backstab (you must use backstab) that she started to shine. Make sure to keep up to date with her gear. The mages don't need really high level gear, but melee characters are highly dependent on good gear--even more so for rogues as they don't have the inherently high armor that tanky melees do. Also, get some good blacksmithing gear or put points into blacksmithing and make your weapons!! Crafted weapons are insanely good.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#72 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Positive metacritic user reviews are mostly based on how much good will the company/game has. Because it's either a high score, or a 0.

The quality of the game factors in very little in Metacritic user reviews, unfortunately. Not saying that I am doubting the game, since I am really keen on getting it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Maroxad

@MBirdy88 said:

My mains are a fighter and thief... the thief is just far too fragile. I herd playing ranged makes easier but meh.

Once you get good weapons for your thief, you will probably be singing a different tune. Sure he wont get a lot more sturdy, but that wont be needed because anyone within his reach will be dead before they get a chance to attack.

@illmatic87 said:

From what I have seen, getting a 9.0+ User Score on metacritic is significantly harder than 9.0+ Critic score. I also tend to agree with user scores a lot more than critic scores. Crap like Super Smash Bros Brawl, Gone Home, Guild Wars 2, Skyward Sword, Diablo 3 (at launch anyways) got excellent scores at lfrom critics, but I found those games to be either terrible or very disappointing. The user scores tended to reflect my opinion on those games much better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Maroxad said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Once you get good weapons for your thief, you will probably be singing a different tune.

yea I figured it was more of a "In it for the long haul" class that will scale much better later. but damn... atm :P fighting those large groups of boars/skeletons is tough.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

My freind, I play on hard. I think the problem is you don't understand how to play properly.

Elements play a pivotal role in victory. As does disabling enemies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@uninspiredcup said:

@MBirdy88 said:

My freind, I play on hard. I think the problem is you don't understand how to play properly.

Elements play a pivotal role in victory. As does disabling enemies.

no kidding, I'm not new to the genre. its just the overwhelming amount of enemies at once (despite having 4 party members and using said moves) though I havn't had much time to play yet.

Its a case of a character can often get ganged up on straight away and lost instantly. having that issue with every pack atm. but then again I'm probably missing osmething.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

See if I can pick it up when I'm not paying for other stuff. From what I've seen from videos it looks like a lot of fun

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Maroxad

@MBirdy88 said:

@Maroxad said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Once you get good weapons for your thief, you will probably be singing a different tune.

yea I figured it was more of a "In it for the long haul" class that will scale much better later. but damn... atm :P fighting those large groups of boars/skeletons is tough.

Oh it is, you will also get plenty of CC and utility with scoundrel in case they wont die.

Charming touch, trip (combined with bully this is nasty), walk in shadows and eye gouge are skills I found pretty useful.

Edit: If you have a wizard or find one, get at least one point in aeroturge (air magic) to learn one of hte best skills in the game, the ability to teleport any friend, foe or object (like barrels) within a 15 meter radius.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Playing the wasteland 2 beta atm (loving old school RPG stylings) and will pick this one up soon. Damn PC lineup is chock a block at the minute!

@mr-powers said:

No voice acting

No narrative

Isometric view

$40

I can feel your rage "GAAHHH THERE'S SO MUCH GAMEPLAY AND NO CUTSCENES. WTF IS THIS?!?!"

I tried to watch it on youtube and I had to put on a CPAP machine. I'm raging so hard... I'll take a game with real production values like Gears any day of the week. I read books, I rather not waste my time reading journals in this boring as sht game. I don't consider that gameplay.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#80  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Definitely going to play this game when I get off work for the week. I bought it during the steam summer sale. My crappy work schedule prevents me from playing games for 7 days straight.

@MonsieurX said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

Can't wait to play that game

I can't wait for that either. Definitely on my wishlist.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Ballroompirate

@freedomfreak said:
@Ballroompirate said:

Have my babies

I.... Sure. Modern science can make it work!

Or clone armies 0_0

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 uninspiredcup  Online

@Maroxad said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Maroxad said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Oh it is, you will also get plenty of CC and utility with scoundrel in case they wont die.

Charming touch, trip (combined with bully this is nasty), walk in shadows and eye gouge are skills I found pretty useful.

Edit: If you have a wizard or find one, get at least one point in aeroturge (air magic) to learn one of hte best skills in the game, the ability to teleport any friend, foe or object (like barrels) within a 15 meter radius.

Yes. the two main problems when being ganged upon are generally 1. Archers and 2. Mage

By using the scoundrel to charm and then go into invisible, you can have them kill off a mage or archer and simply run back to your party.

Smokescreen is also useful, since it can totally blind enemas and create a (unsurprisingly) smoke screen.

Ice and electrical based weapons and spells can disabled single, or a whole group of enemas.

Generally you want to pick off mages first. Using a summoned elemental works well as a meat shield and if opposite (i.e. ice V fire enemies) it will do quite a bit of damage with a pretty low re-cast time.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#83 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@mr-powers said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@mr-powers said:

No voice acting

No narrative

Isometric view

$40

I can feel your rage "GAAHHH THERE'S SO MUCH GAMEPLAY AND NO CUTSCENES. WTF IS THIS?!?!"

I tried to watch it on youtube and I had to put on a CPAP machine. I'm raging so hard... I'll take a game with real production values like Gears any day of the week. I read books, I rather not waste my time reading journals in this boring as sht game. I don't consider that gameplay.

Obvious troll is obvious

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Fucking amazing game

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@mr-powers said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@mr-powers said:

No voice acting

No narrative

Isometric view

$40

Dat jelly.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#86 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

92%

5/5

9.5/10

5/5

9.3/10

http://www.anythinggeekyreviewed.co.uk/divinity-original-sin-review/
The Bad
  • Would Love To See This On Consoles

WTF .? Just because it's PC exclusive , it should be categorized as bad .?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

good to see this game doing well in the reviews. Been awhile since we had a real RPG come out

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@mr-powers said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@mr-powers said:

No voice acting

No narrative

Isometric view

$40

I remember when I was 11

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#89 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

One of the golden gems from a steam Early Access game.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Ballroompirate

Ranger + Cleric = op

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Ranger + Cleric = op

2 mages = even more OP

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Okay so I’m not going to be able to give you the best info on this. My machine runs it adequately enough to play but on rather low settings. I have seen some fantastic videos of others playing as well as the devs and I can attest to the fact the game is pretty darn beautiful. Just be sure to have a damn fine computer on standby to get the best out of this game.

*goes on to write full review... gets paid money*

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#93  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

It's like the biggest "came outta nowhere" game of this year !

Can't wait to get my hands on it!

btw THIS user score :

Man who the hell are these ppl!

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Ranger + Cleric = op

2 mages = even more OP

2 mages + Ranger = OP over 9000

Seriously I have two fighters plus 2 mages. Fighters may have healing abilities like my knight for example. I specialized him into bow as well. Madora is a very good fighter that is capable of 3 consecutive hits with two handed swords per turn. Both mages (My Enchanter and Jaha) have teleport spells which allows to throw any enemy on other enemies, as a result all enemies take good slack of damage plus frost and electricity spells are very good for crowd control. So far this combo works pretty good for me. Rain over enemies then use frost spells to freeze them. This game is awesome.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

Wow. I was not expecting this game to be so good. Thought I'd have to wait for Pillars of Eternity/Torment to really get my fix of classic old school in next gen CRPG's but this game already takes the cake. Production values are insane and it's effortlessly become the most advanced, polished and full featured isometric RPG to date. Everything fits together perfectly in this game and it's easily the greatest kickstarted game of all time. It's raised the bar for every kickstarter game and now they have to be judged against this modern classic.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Instant classic, such a good game.

Best RPG of the year.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@7mdma said:

Wow. I was not expecting this game to be so good.

Neither was I, Divinity 2 was complete and utter shit.

This is the digital equivalent of herioween.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

I'm hearing nothing but good things. I'll probably pick it up at the end of the month.