That Insane User MC of Divinity: Original Sin ...

  • 96 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4799 posts) -

Divinity Original Sin User MC: 93/100

and still no reviews from main gaming reviews outlets. *Cough* cough* Gamespot and IGN. I mean, come on, one of the most anitcipated rpgs this year, and Gamespot and Ign didn't bother to make a review about it day 1 even though the game was fully playable since June 20. But by some weird reason, GS had time to review the pus of Tranformers and a shitty PC exclusive that nobody heard of, Spoiler Alert.

Seriously, it's like GS and IGN is out of touch with current state of PC gaming. They miss on important releases and review indie shit instead just to fill a checkbox that they care about Indie game.

I know that the game was offically relased on June 30th, but come on GS, you could easily have access to the early version if you bothered to ask the dev or just bought an early access from Steam for 40 bucks.

Anyway, the game is REALLY great. I am getting so much Baldurs Gate-vibe with this one. The game is reallly daunting at first because of its scale and size, but it's really worth the effort to plunge in it.

Divinity Original Sin is also doing really great sales wise, being Steam's number 1 for a week. The current player number stats was pushed from 3k at launch to 20k after a weak of sales and it keeps growing.

I am really glad that this game is doing well. We all need the resurrection of good RPGs, not corrupted by Mountain Dew and Doritos fuelled industry.

#2 Edited by uninspiredcup (8907 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Divinity Original Sin User MC: 93/100

and still no reviews from main gaming reviews outlets. *Cough* cough* Gamespot and IGN. I mean,

Divinity: Original Sin about 60-80 hours long and and has had not early press releases. A fast review is most likely a disingenuous review.

From my impressions, having played 40 hours, 24 hours straight (due to being hardcore) it is indeed the best RPG since Baldur Gate II.

#3 Edited by freedomfreak (40881 posts) -

I care as much for user scores than corrupted by Mountain Dew and Doritos fuelled scores.

#4 Posted by lostrib (37514 posts) -

Never heard of it so it must suck

#5 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I care as much for user scores than corrupted by Mountain Dew and Doritos fuelled scores.

user score are more relevant than any big site like IGN

beside its true successor of baldurs gate.

#6 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4799 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I care as much for user scores than corrupted by Mountain Dew and Doritos fuelled scores.

You just don't know how to interpret it correctly. It's very rare when PC gamers upscore something. We are not like cows and lemings, PC gamers are quick on punishment and very stingy on praises. So it's really worth mentioning when a game on PC breaks into 90s on MC. Especially an rpg.

#7 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3607 posts) -

Must be good, because as we all know, Metacritic user scores can be trusted.

#8 Edited by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

I bought it yesterday. Everyone I have seen that has played said it is fantastic. I'll probably get around to playing ot sometime next week.

#9 Posted by MrYaotubo (2709 posts) -

Got it on friday and have pretty much been playing it non stop,one of the best RPG´s I´ve played in years.

#10 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8121 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Must be good, because as we all know, Metacritic user scores can be trusted.

Still more reliable than Uninspiredcup's opinion.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (40881 posts) -
@system-reboot said:

user score are more relevant than any big site like IGN

beside its true successor of baldurs gate.

Guess Giantbomb didn't work out.

@jhonMalcovich said:

You just don't know how to interpret it correctly. It's very rare when PC gamers upscore something. We are not like cows and lemings, PC gamers are quick on punishment and very stingy on praises. So it's really worth mentioning when a game on PC breaks into 90s on MC. Especially an rpg.

Yeah, I find that hard to believe. PC gamers are not exactly saints.

Not saying all the voters are full of shit, but I just don't believe in user scores that serious.

#12 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5569 posts) -
@lostrib said:

Never heard of it so it must suck

How dare you! How FUCKING dare you!! Are you proud?

#13 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25513 posts) -

This game is getting A LOT of attention.

I might just pick it up...eventually

#14 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8121 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

Never heard of it so it must suck

How dare you! How FUCKING dare you!! Are you proud?

#15 Posted by SteXmaN (450 posts) -

I'll pick it up for my PS4 cos i really don't have anything to play right now.

#17 Edited by lostrib (37514 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:

I'll pick it up for my PS4 cos i really don't have anything to play right now.

wait, what?

#18 Posted by SteXmaN (450 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@SteXmaN said:

I'll pick it up for my PS4 cos i really don't have anything to play right now.

wait, what?

Exactly.

#19 Posted by GreySeal9 (24404 posts) -

TC inspired me to go on MC and give this game a 1.

#20 Edited by Wasdie (50000 posts) -

Kevin V has been playing it and from his Twitter he really digs it. I expect a review for the game eventually. The dev probably didn't do advanced review copies and the game is pretty large and robust so it's going to take some time to get through for reviewers. They'll get there.

I hear nothing but amazing things.

#22 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3585 posts) -

Great user score . So far I've only heard good things about this game . Really can't wait to get my hands on it .

#23 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5569 posts) -
@speedfreak48t5p said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

Never heard of it so it must suck

How dare you! How FUCKING dare you!! Are you proud?

Excuse me? ExFUCKINGcuse me?!? Are you proud?

#24 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@system-reboot said:

user score are more relevant than any big site like IGN

beside its true successor of baldurs gate.

Guess Giantbomb didn't work out.

Last time i checked giantbomb did not review this game at all.

#25 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4799 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

TC inspired me to go on MC and give this game a 1.

Way ahead of you bro:

Wow, I am famous :D

But I already gave this game a 9, so my 9 will nullify your 1 : D

#26 Posted by Heil68 (45121 posts) -

I may get it, with Summer being a little slower for games.

#27 Edited by SteXmaN (450 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

TC inspired me to go on MC and give this game a 1.

Way ahead of you bro:

BOOM

#28 Posted by GreySeal9 (24404 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

TC inspired me to go on MC and give this game a 1.

Way ahead of you bro:

ROFL. Excellent work.

#30 Edited by uninspiredcup (8907 posts) -

This developer has proven itself to deliver the goods when it comes to kickstarter.

While others are still busy begging for moar

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-07-mighty-no-9-launches-second-crowdfunding-campaign-for-bonus-content

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (40881 posts) -
@system-reboot said:

Last time i checked giantbomb did not review this game at all.

You are correct. They didn't.

It would be bribed anyway.

#32 Posted by aroxx_ab (10015 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:
... and a shitty PC exclusive that nobody heard of, Spoiler Alert.

Isnt it good that they review and put lights on games you never heard of?

#33 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

On the other hand, user reviews that don't use scores but care to explain the mechanics, the pros, the cons, why you should or shouldn't buy it, now those are the ones you "need to follow" (or should listen too if you want more info in a balanced manner). You'll probably find many of those in rpg dedicate sites/forums.

Sooooo user reviews on steam are trustworthy?

#34 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@system-reboot said:

Last time i checked giantbomb did not review this game at all.

You are correct. They didn't.

It would be bribed anyway.

i dont think so

#36 Edited by uninspiredcup (8907 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

TC inspired me to go on MC and give this game a 1.

Way ahead of you bro:

All that effort to sign up, write a review, copy paste, post in mspaint, save image, upload image, write out post... and it will probably just get deleted by the end of the day.

Sadness.

#37 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Desmonic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

TC inspired me to go on MC and give this game a 1.

Way ahead of you bro:

All that effort to sign up, write a review, copy paste, post in mspaint, save image, upload image, write out post... and it will probably just get deleted by the end of the day.

Sadness.

i check on the website and it probably deleted...

#38 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8121 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@lostrib said:

Never heard of it so it must suck

How dare you! How FUCKING dare you!! Are you proud?

Excuse me? ExFUCKINGcuse me?!? Are you proud?

I've very proud. Thank you for asking.

#39 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2735 posts) -

Damn the game must be really good.I've read nothing but good things about it.

Gotta remember pick it up somewhere in the middle August to waste my miserable summer playing this game.

#40 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5569 posts) -
@ShepardCommandr said:

Damn the game must be really good.I've read nothing but good things about it.

Gotta remember pick it up somewhere in the middle August to waste my miserable summer playing this game.

You are just too much. Why a 'miserable summer'? Be happy.

#41 Edited by Krelian-co (11157 posts) -

why would you care about reviews from garbage sites like gamespot and ign? they are only useful for gameplay footage and there should be enough on youtube or other sites.

#42 Posted by freedomfreak (40881 posts) -
@system-reboot said:

i dont think so

Why?

#43 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4799 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

why would you care about reviews from garbage sites like gamespot and ign? they are only useful for gameplay footage and there should be enough on youtube or other sites.

Well mostly to make this game succeed. Most people still use GS and IGN as main references. More people will know about this game the better, more sales for the dev, more chances that they will make something great again.

#45 Posted by pyro1245 (851 posts) -

Got it yesterday. Legit party-based RPG with mod tools. I can smell the success.

#46 Posted by Mr-Powers (363 posts) -

Point and click and turn based gameplay

No voice acting

No narrative

World of Warcraft cartoony kid graphics

Isometric view

$40

...In the year 2014. Hermies... you make it too easy

#47 Posted by uninspiredcup (8907 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@uninspiredcup: Oh noes! I'll never get those 2 minutes of my life! :O NOOOOEEESSS!!!

The fact that you went to trouble of writing that reply already shows me it bothered you more than you'd care to admit ;)

Also,

Don't worry, it's not like I expect any better from you.

I've always respected you the most.

#48 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27861 posts) -

Playing the wasteland 2 beta atm (loving old school RPG stylings) and will pick this one up soon. Damn PC lineup is chock a block at the minute!

#49 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27861 posts) -

Playing the wasteland 2 beta atm (loving old school RPG stylings) and will pick this one up soon. Damn PC lineup is chock a block at the minute!

@mr-powers said:

Point and click and turn based gameplay

No voice acting

No narrative

World of Warcraft cartoony kid graphics

Isometric view

$40

...In the year 2014. Hermies... you make it too easy

I can feel your rage "GAAHHH THERE'S SO MUCH GAMEPLAY AND NO CUTSCENES. WTF IS THIS?!?!"

#50 Posted by BldgIrsh (2684 posts) -

Cows don't like it when they buy a movie and get an interactive game out of it for the ps4.