That Cloud, popping back up again smh. CRACKDOWN-XB1

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lems getting ready for the next sekrit sauce after GDC disappoints?

Dat clawd powwa, maybe MS will one day show it outside of a controlled environment.

I know right...at least somebody is trying to push the technological envelope.

Otherwise we'd never have landed on the moon, or really anything impressive in the 20th century.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

so if their engine is too powerful to run on my local machine, what happens when I don't have internet access?

I'm assuming you can't play the game...the same as numerous other popular games these days.

Expecting an internet connection isn't exactly an undo burden in 2015.

what numerous other games?

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Bruin1986

@lostrib said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

so if their engine is too powerful to run on my local machine, what happens when I don't have internet access?

I'm assuming you can't play the game...the same as numerous other popular games these days.

Well, lets take a look at Twitch, shall we.

The #1 game: LoL

The #2 game: CS

The #3 game: Hearthstone

The #5 game: Dota

The #6 game: WoW

etc...

All of those games require an internet connection to be played as the developer intended. I guess you can play against bots/AI in some, but that's essentially a different game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

etc...

All of those games require an internet connection to be played as the developer intended. I guess you can play against bots/AI in some, but that's essentially a different game.

...Yeah those are multiplayer games. This is a singleplayer game

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Bruin1986

@lostrib said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

etc...

...Yeah those are multiplayer games. This is a singleplayer game

And you know this how?

We know literally nothing about Crackdown 3. For all we know, they are putting an increased emphasis on multiplayer. Considering the game will likely require an internet connection anyway, this is not an unlikely assumption.

And regardless, requiring an internet connection in 2015 is hardly a burden. If it allows them to push the game in new directions, then more power to them.

It's going to be funny when instead of the claims being that "teh cloud is teh joke", people are going to be complaining about an internet connection being required...

I guess they can play something else.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

etc...

so you mean multiplayer games need to be online to be played with others? you don't say?!

there is a difference with multiplayer and drm online.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Doubters and haters talk shit on The Cloud. It will be here for Crackdown 3 soon enough. The dev for CD3 says this game wouldn't be possible just running on hardware alone. This is the future.

Forgive me for not buying into Cloud hooplah when the tech hasnt been proven yet, and most of the Cloud propaganda took place during MS's "always online only" "no used games" and "Kinect cant be turned off" era of marketing. lol. Xbone. What console will it be next year?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By 04dcarraher  Online
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

All cloud processing will be on server side of things aka multiplayer or server based co-op. You can not have cloud based computing handle all the X1's individually. All the effects will be global where any player connected to the same server will see the same thing.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Chozofication said:

Won't get it if I need to have online. But i'm interested in what happens with it.

This. As others have stated already, I too will not support always-online for a single player campaign. I own Destiny and that proved to be a mistake by design for single player content required to stay connected to the net.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dat clawd powwa, maybe MS will one day show it outside of a controlled environment.

Otherwise we'd never have landed on the moon, or really anything impressive in the 20th century.

Comparing the Xbone's shit tech to the moon landings? Seriously?

I bet those NASA computers in the 1960s could run Ground Zeroes at 1080p.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bruin1986

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Comparing the Xbone's shit tech to the moon landings? Seriously?

I bet those NASA computers in the 1960s could run Ground Zeroes at 1080p.

Why, besides your obvious rabid fanboyism, is the potential for cloud processing "shit tech"? It actually has a wide gamut of potential applications.

And no, actually the Apollo (the missions that landed on the moon) computers were weaker than a modern cellphone.

http://www.popsci.com/military-aviation-amp-space/article/2009-06/40-years-later-ten-things-you-didnt-know-about-apollo-ii-moon-landing

Wrong on both accounts.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bruin1986

@Krelian-co said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@lostrib said:

etc...

so you mean multiplayer games need to be online to be played with others? you don't say?!

there is a difference with multiplayer and drm online.

So cloud processing is now drm?

Will that be the complaint when it turns out that cloud actually DOES make previously impossible calculations possible?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

Why, besides your obvious rabid fanboyism, is the potential for cloud processing "shit tech"? It actually has a wide gamut of potential applications.

And no, actually the Apollo (the missions that landed on the moon) computers were weaker than a modern cellphone.

http://www.popsci.com/military-aviation-amp-space/article/2009-06/40-years-later-ten-things-you-didnt-know-about-apollo-ii-moon-landing

Wrong on both accounts.

And considering we're over a year into the gen and its only application in gaming has been shit bot AI in Titanfall and copying AI algorithms in Forza.

The second part was a joke. Try not to get too het up over things. Your blood pressure will decrease.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Odd the creators already stated it can be played offline hmm.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Cant play offline? PASS.

thegiftoffear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By thegiftoffear
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

2 years already hearing this bullshit about "teh cloud" and xbone is weaker than ever with their powerful 900p and fps drops, but sunset overdrive and teh titanfalll will use it! just you wait (tm) xD

The XB1 was released on Novemember 2013. My math is kinda bad, but that's less than two years.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Krelian-co

@thegiftoffear said:

@Krelian-co said:

2 years already hearing this bullshit about "teh cloud" and xbone is weaker than ever with their powerful 900p and fps drops, but sunset overdrive and teh titanfalll will use it! just you wait (tm) xD

The XB1 was released on Novemember 2013. My math is kinda bad, but that's less than two years.

and it was revealed with the "cloud" on march or so, so maybe check your maths right, and next time don't be shy and post from your main account.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@thegiftoffear said:

@Krelian-co said:

and it was revealed with the "cloud" on march or so, so maybe check your maths right, and next time don't be shy and post from your main account.

Xbox One weaker then ever.... Sure, classic cow statement that doesn't make any sense at all

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Krelian-co

@FastRobby said:

@Krelian-co said:

@thegiftoffear said:

@Krelian-co said:

Xbox One weaker then ever.... Sure, classic cow statement that doesn't make any sense at all

fair enough, xbone still as weak as always, that better?

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@tymeservesfate: the order will be a cut-scene heavy flop and blood-bored doesnt interest me in one bit, although I'm sure it will get an overrated score of 9 because Sony NEEDS something, anything to make cows feel like they have something.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@applefan1991 said:

The only thing that annoys me about "always on" data connections and "the Cloud" are things like when you internet is out for a few weeks and you are stuck staring at menus because even your single player game requires internet. Other than that it has huge benefits. But those few moments in between can be annoying.

You mean like NBA 2K14 and 2K15? Why would you have your single mode game requires a connect to servers that only stay online for about 16 months. What if someone buys the game 3 years from now. They can't play MyPlayer mode? Bunch of idiots.

@Krelian-co said:

Systems hasn't even been out for 2 years yet. Only games that have really used the cloud so far was Forza 5, Horizon 2 and Titanfall and all 3 games were using it for A.I. processing, not graphical processing. Crackdown will use it for several graphical processes. I've been telling everyone the Cloud won't see full utilization until late 2015. Same goes with Win10/DX12. Developers will start using it after the GDC I'd guess. Don't worry, you won't have to wait that much longer.

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts
@tymeservesfate said:

Really though, MS really seems more and more like the real deal lately. They seem to be trying to innovate with their tech AND their games...

They have to go this way, because it has become too obvious that the XBO has weaker hardware than the PS4.

But in the end, the possibility to perform certain calculations in the cloud is no exclusive XBO capability. The PS4 could do this as well if Sony wanted. Probably, they would not even have to change anything on the console itself.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

"I know you can not hear it anymore. What I want to say though is: your local gaming mashine does not have enough calculation power to run our game engine. I’m not an idiot.

Spells "mashine" and says "I'm not an idiot"

Whatever. Crackdown 1 was a diamond in the ruff "buy the Halo 3 beta and get a free game" no one expected that game to be as much fun as it turned out to be. The second however....well best to not talk about the second Crackdown.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Bruin1986

I'm excited to see what cloud processing can bring to gaming, though I'd imagine certain countries don't have adequate network infrastructure to fully utilize it yet. I'd imagine a country like South Korea would be a great place to debut a game with it, though I know console gaming isn't as popular there.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Bruin1986

@12danny123 said:

damn. I have no idea why gamers don't want to move forward with tech. If you guys don't like cloud tech. Then go back into your rock

You realize this forum is populated primarily with fanboys and morons, correct?

Every major technology has faced difficulties during its infancy and cloud processing has incredible potential in the future.

Somebody has to do the pioneering work and personally I'm glad Microsoft is willing to risk it.

What's funny is that as soon as it is shown to be technically and commercially viable (whenever that actually happens), every other developer is going to jump on the bandwagon or risk being left in the dust. And the hordes of cynical fanboys will mysteriously vanish...

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@tymeservesfate said:

"I know you can not hear it anymore. What I want to say though is: your local gaming mashine does not have enough calculation power to run our game engine. I’m not an idiot.

Spells "mashine" and says "I'm not an idiot"

Whatever. Crackdown 1 was a diamond in the ruff "buy the Halo 3 beta and get a free game" no one expected that game to be as much fun as it turned out to be. The second however....well best to not talk about the second Crackdown.

Thats not my own personal quote you have there. it's the dev's words you quoted but have them labeled as mines, not mines. Besides trying to call a dev an idiot when he actually makes games and your only capable of playing them, is silly. Unless you quoted that thinking they were my words, then...wow.

Anyway, distinguish who you are actually talking about next time please. I'd appreciate, thanks.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts
@robert_mueller said:
@tymeservesfate said:

Really though, MS really seems more and more like the real deal lately. They seem to be trying to innovate with their tech AND their games...

They have to go this way, because it has become too obvious that the XBO has weaker hardware than the PS4.

But in the end, the possibility to perform certain calculations in the cloud is no exclusive XBO capability. The PS4 could do this as well if Sony wanted. Probably, they would not even have to change anything on the console itself.

sounds like you don't even know what "The Cloud" is honestly. Sony doesnt even have the money to buy the amount of servers needed to even be comparable to MS's Azure. Much less to implement it. Why did you butt into the conversation when you dont even know what you're talking about?

Also, MS doesn't "have" to do this. They were already doing it. It was already in the works before either console was released, or their specs known. Ur whole post made up garbage and damage control.

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts
@tymeservesfate said:
@robert_mueller said:

sounds like you don't even know what "The Cloud" is honestly. Sony doesnt even have the money to buy the amount of servers needed to even be comparable to MS's Azure. Much less to implement it.

Let me assure you that I *do* know very well what is meant by the cloud.

In order to provide cloud-based applications, Sony does not even have to operate its own server farms. There are enough IaaS providers in the market that Sony can get in contact with. Hell, do you honestly believe that everyone who offers cloud-based applications operates his own server farms?

Why did you butt into the conversation when you dont even know what you're talking about?

Ad hominem is all you can do?

Also, MS doesn't "have" to do this. They were already doing it. It was already in the works before either console was released, or their specs known. Ur whole post made up garbage and damage control.

But they *have* to focua on it marketing-wise, because when it comes to the hardware of the console itself, the XBO is simply weaker as the PS4.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

@Zen_Light said:

I wont support games that hold SP games hostage to the internet in the future because of stuff like that.

Wait, seriously? The game wouldnt be possibly otherwise. This isnt something like Sim City. This actually affects the gameplay. Its not a just because or DRM scenario. They have to do that to make the game they want.

And you actually BELIEVE that???

They are doing it as a gimmick, nothing more. Also likely as a trojan hoping some gamers start to feel comfortable with "always on" connections.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

They are doing it as a gimmick, nothing more. Also likely as a trojan hoping some gamers start to feel comfortable with "always on" connections.

Dont be stupid. Physics on the scale they claim would require a significantly more powerful cpu than in either console as well as many PCs.

Like Ive said before, Im just going by what they claim. Im optimistic about Crackdown because I like that ip. If the game comes out and the physics are severely limited or unimpressive then write it off.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Krelian-co

@wolverine4262 said:

@2Chalupas said:

Dont be stupid. Physics on the scale they claim would require a significantly more powerful cpu than in either console as well as many PCs.

Like Ive said before, Im just going by what they claim. Im optimistic about Crackdown because I like that ip. If the game comes out and the physics are severely limited or unimpressive then write it off.

they claimed the same with the super awesome titanfall ai, and the super awesome enviroments of sunset overdrive, both ended having no visible "enhancement" by the cloud, this game will release and this will be nothing more than pr gimmick just like those two games.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#85 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

I'm a believer in the Cloud since day one. People that need proof of the Cloud just look at all the amazing things it did to Titanfall, it made the Xbone version even better than the most powerful PCs.

I remember people laughed at me, but now I'm the one laughing. Crackdown simply won't be possible on any system other than the Xbone.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@Krelian-co: Dont really care what Respawn went on about the cloud. Just read some stuff about SOs cloud support. Ted Price mentions nothing about graphical upgrades thanks to the cloud. Its all backend stuff for collecting player data.