Thanks Console Kiddies.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Demetri_OS
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
I would like to thank all the console kiddies who RUINED my UT3. Since you BEGGED game makers to bring you superior gameplay from the PC platform, UT3 had to be mangled to fit and work on your terrible imitation gaming machines, in regards to the menu. I demand you give UT3 back to us - NOW.
stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
Oh no the menu! What have they done!
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
hey, no problem
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts
I hate Consolitus :(
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
I feel honored that you think that I made the game but really maybe you should go and whine on Epics forums. I mean they love their fans and support the modding comunity bla bla bla. Basically learn to mod and make the game into what you want it to be and now if you will, get off my internet.
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

"Imitation gaming machines".....right. Considering they are made PURELY for gaming, while 90% of PC's arent.......

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 TeamR
Member since 2002 • 1817 Posts

Calm down TC. Epic is already rolling out a patch to improve the interface for the PC.

And no, we won't be paying for it. And we wont be paying $10 for a map booster pack either. All is well, friend. All i swell ;)

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Meu2k7

Calm down TC. Epic is already rolling out a patch to improve the interface for the PC.

And no, we won't be paying for it. And we wont be paying $10 for a map booster pack either. All is well, friend. All i swell ;)

TeamR

Thats good to know ... now give back the old flak cannon, double jump and stuff :(

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

TeamR

Thats nice of them

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="TeamR"]

Meu2k7

Thats good to know ... now give back the old flak cannon, double jump and stuff :(

Mods 8)

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TeamR

Mods 8)

Lonelynight

Yeah. Thats what I love most about PC gaming. If we want something, we dont have to wait around and pray to the devs like the console boys do. Our communities are much more advanced. If you don't have the skill or knowledge to get something done, chances are somebody else will. And release a mod!

We all know that in another 3-6 months UT3 on the PC will be WILDLY different than it is now

legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
if the pc gaming is not dying why are you complaining its maybe because pc gaming is not in good shape cough piracy cough...:lol:
Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chipp
Member since 2003 • 1897 Posts

I would like to thank all the console kiddies who RUINED my UT3. Since you BEGGED game makers to bring you superior gameplay from the PC platform, UT3 had to be mangled to fit and work on your terrible imitation gaming machines, in regards to the menu. I demand you give UT3 back to us - NOW.Demetri_OS

I couldn't of said it better myself. This is what happens when PC franchises come to consoles and they select the console to be priority over PC. Watered down garbage. If you notice even UT3 itself looks nothing like the screenshots they posted when it was called UT2007. The textures aren't to sharp, at first I thought it was the demo but the retail game looks the same way. Just looking at the textures you can tell the consoles were their number 1 priority. Sad times man just sad times.

philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 philhilluk
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts

if the pc gaming is not dying why are you complaining its maybe because pc gaming is not in good shape cough piracy cough...:lol:legol1

Good point. PC gamers also tend to play the same game for years.... modding the hell out of it.... and paying nothing extra to the developers who's game it really is. Not to mention other new games just sit on the shelf unbought or already downloaded for free from somewhere.

PC gamers only have themselves to blame for games needing to be developed with consoles in mind so its no good crying about it now.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meu2k7

[QUOTE="legol1"]if the pc gaming is not dying why are you complaining its maybe because pc gaming is not in good shape cough piracy cough...:lol:philhilluk

Good point. PC gamers also tend to play the same game for years.... modding the hell out of it.... and paying nothing extra to the developers who's game it really is. Not to mention other new games just sit on the shelf unbought or already downloaded for free from somewhere.

PC gamers only have themselves to blame for games needing to be developed with consoles in mind so its no good crying about it now.

Why would those of us that buy all our own games have ourselves to blame? :I

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chipp
[QUOTE="Ramadear"]

[QUOTE="Demetri_OS"]I would like to thank all the console kiddies who RUINED my UT3. Since you BEGGED game makers to bring you superior gameplay from the PC platform, UT3 had to be mangled to fit and work on your terrible imitation gaming machines, in regards to the menu. I demand you give UT3 back to us - NOW.marklarmer

I couldn't of said it better myself. This is what happens when PC franchises come to consoles and they select the console to be priority over PC. Watered down garbage. If you notice even UT3 itself looks nothing like the screenshots they posted when it was called UT2007. The textures aren't to sharp, at first I thought it was the demo but the retail game looks the same way. Just looking at the textures you can tell the consoles were their number 1 priority. Sad times man just sad times.

lol, hermits starting to sound like little kids trying to make excuses.

How am I making excuses? Want me to show you before and after screens?

philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 philhilluk
[QUOTE="philhilluk"]

[QUOTE="legol1"]if the pc gaming is not dying why are you complaining its maybe because pc gaming is not in good shape cough piracy cough...:lol:Meu2k7

If the majority of PC owners you have to blame... not the minority who actually do buy their games.

I know8 x360 owners who all buy their games.5 ps3 owners who all buy their games. But over 10 PC owners with gaming machines, none of which has bought a game in many years since they got broadband They find it all to easy to get what they want from somewhere and share games around. They prefer to spend the money on the hardware.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts
[QUOTE="philhilluk"]

[QUOTE="legol1"]if the pc gaming is not dying why are you complaining its maybe because pc gaming is not in good shape cough piracy cough...:lol:Meu2k7

agreed, I have bought all mine.

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TeamR

If the majority of PC owners you have to blame... not the minority who actually do buy their games.

I know8 x360 owners who all buy their games.5 ps3 owners who all buy their games. But over 10 PC owners with gaming machines, none of which has bought a game in many years since they got broadband They find it all to easy to get what they want from somewhere and share games around. They prefer to spend the money on the hardware.

philhilluk

You make a bold assumption, and i'd like to know where you get your crazy figures from. Or is your scientific theory based on the 23 people included in your little survey?

Fact is, piracy is big on pc and consoles. Nobody can say how big it really is, especially not you. But companies still make tons of money on pc and on consoles, so you saying that either platform has a "majority" of gamers to blame is flat out stupid

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts
ur welcome
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
You're welcome:)
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

You are most welcome, sir. Glad I could help you out. It always makes my day helping other gamers realize that buying another FPS to add to the 100 they already own is NOT just awaste of money, but it is slowlykilling ALL gaming in the process by choking innovation and diversity and instead encouraging developers to essentially remake Doom over and over and over and over but with nicer packaging.

I can rest easy tonight knowing another days work has been well done.

philhilluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 philhilluk
[QUOTE="philhilluk"]

TeamR

You make a bold assumption, and i'd like to know where you get your crazy figures from. Or is your scientific theory based on the 23 people included in your little survey?

Fact is, piracy is big on pc and consoles. Nobody can say how big it really is, especially not you. But companies still make tons of money on pc and on consoles, so you saying that either platform has a "majority" of gamers to blame is flat out stupid

These are the people I know in my area. Just pointing out that none of them pirate console games as they don't know how or just can't be bothered,but none of them buy PC versions of games as they find it easy not to.

Your numbers might vary... but something has to be causing developers to move to console development... if PC game sales are so good, why do they bother?

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
uhh i'm pretty sure the ps3 and pc versions were worked on seperately, if it's anyone you should be complaining to it's the lemmings.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
[QUOTE="TeamR"][QUOTE="philhilluk"]

philhilluk

These are the people I know in my area. Just pointing out that none of them pirate console games as they don't know how or just can't be bothered,but none of them buy PC versions of games as they find it easy not to.

Your numbers might vary... but something has to be causing developers to move to console development... if PC game sales are so good, why do they bother?

I think you make a perfectly legitimate point. I have three friends who are PC lovers to the point that they can't understand why I even bother buying DVDs when I can just download. Or why I still go to movies when I can probably download a bootleg. They have the same attitudes toward music, and yes, as you point out, games also. Just like you describe, my friends spend all their money on the hardware and then download the games they want. The only time I've ever seen them buy a game is when some really huge game comes out and they want to grab it right when the stores open...but I can count the number of times that has happened on one hand.

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TeamR

philhilluk

I could reverse that question easily. Why are so many (more) companies still developing exclusively on the pc? Why are so many companies porting console games to the pc (capcom, microsoft, bioware)? I'm not going to blame it on console piracy, thats just ignorant. Fact is, piracy happenes on every platform. Why is microsoft banning thousands of modded xboxes from live every month? Why is sony fighting to shut down popular console piracy sites like lik-sang.com? It's a million different answers for a million different questions. The only facts are that piracy happenes everywhere, but who can say that it happenes in one area more than the other? Nobody.

Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
[QUOTE="philhilluk"]

Because its a very very small percentage now days.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="philhilluk"]

[QUOTE="legol1"]if the pc gaming is not dying why are you complaining its maybe because pc gaming is not in good shape cough piracy cough...:lol:FunkyHeadHunter

I'm sure you know everyone on earth

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
Yes, it's their fault, not the developers for the proverbial bucket being fudged.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

I hate Consolitus :(Meu2k7

*cry* first R6 then C&C, then Oblivion, now ut3?!?!? WHAT NEXT!!! *cry*

aint gettn my starcraft *gets out shotgun* nobody gettn my starcraft

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shadow_hosi
[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"][QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="philhilluk"]

[QUOTE="legol1"]if the pc gaming is not dying why are you complaining its maybe because pc gaming is not in good shape cough piracy cough...:lol:Lonelynight

I'm sure you know everyone on earth

the very small percent is who downloads the games

most ppl buy them

you phail

Consoles ruin PC games

R6V is a prime example of the consoles blasphemys against the motherland

Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Taiko88
Member since 2004 • 1854 Posts

I would like to thank all the console kiddies who RUINED my UT3. Since you BEGGED game makers to bring you superior gameplay from the PC platform, UT3 had to be mangled to fit and work on your terrible imitation gaming machines, in regards to the menu. I demand you give UT3 back to us - NOW.Demetri_OS

Even though I'm part hermit, you really embarass us. Who cares about the god damn menu, its about the gameplay. And it is still rocking, now stop crying and go play the game.

Chipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chipp
Games like UT3 do get downloaded but so do console games. Thing is, the downloaded version of UT3 is useless since you don't have a genuine cdkey. I'm sure online games are brought WAY more than pirated because of the ability to play online.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shadow_hosi

Even though I'm part hermit, you really embarass us. Who cares about the god damn menu, its about the gameplay. And it is still rocking, now stop crying and go play the game.

Taiko88

he is no hermit

real hermits dont make threads like this

we just sit here, miding our own buisness

then some punk cow or lemming starts something

and about 50 red dots apear on his body

and everyone runs

the rest is history....

2scoopsofempty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 2scoopsofempty
Member since 2005 • 923 Posts
maybe if they gave a **** about you guys they would have designed a sperate menu layout for you uber pcgamers :)
Avatar image for CrimsonBlade360
CrimsonBlade360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 CrimsonBlade360
Member since 2007 • 588 Posts
I like consle gaming whats wrong with that? I just dont feel like sitting all day in front of my pc is all got tired of it after WoW.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I would have rather had a new Unreal Championship. DOn't blame the console kids for this, blame Epic.
Taiko88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Taiko88
Member since 2004 • 1854 Posts
[QUOTE="Taiko88"]

shadow_hosi

he is no hermit

real hermits dont make threads like this

we just sit here, miding our own buisness

then some punk cow or lemming starts something

and about 50 red dots apear on his body

and everyone runs

the rest is history....

That made me LOL, and yet true :p

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
uhhhh..........no this is devs wanting to make as much money as possible since games cost millions to make now days.