Thank you Microsoft for bringing us your innovations

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

for bringing us online MP monthly payments

for bringing us Microtransactionsoft

we really appreciate it thank you verry verry much this is how you run a business nickle and dime.GJ

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

You can't Xbox Live Gold is required.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#3 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

lol. inb4lock?

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

MS revolutionized online gaming for consoles. XBL is a great service and I think Sony has made the necessary improvements to PSN as well. I still don't understand why paying for online play is such a thorn in the side of most of you! Its like $5 a week for XBL or PSN. I am also noth bothered by the micro transactions and DLC like a lot of you are. Man, you guys need more to in your lives if this is what really frustrates you in life!

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

Awe someone is butthurt that baby Sony has to follow the footsteps of the industry leader. Cheer up little cow. There are jobs out there to help you pay $50 a year. I know it is a huge bill but you'll manage.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@JustSignedUp: It's because other services don't require you to pay for online.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

He's right.

MS has done NOTHING good to the industry.

And lol at "revolutionizing online". If you think paying 50 bucks for online is "revolutionizing" then yeah...

Well there's a BIG chance it's the last Xbox console since some shareholders want to get rid of that crap division.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Lol. Anyone playing online on PS4 has MS to thank. Anyone playing downloadable arcade games like Resogun has MS to thank. Anyone who likes the comfier shape of PS4 pad has MS to thank. Anyone looking forward to games/devs that were traditionally PC excusive has MS to thank (The Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls online, etc). Anyone enjoying Trophies on PS3/4 has MS to thank. Anyone enjoying voice chat with a free included headset has MS to thank.

Competition is good. Microsoft made Sony leaner and stronger. The early PS3 years were Sony high off PS2 domination. High price, low quality, arrogant, bloated. "They'll buy it even if it had no games". "Work an extra job to afford it".

The later (vastly better) PS3 years and now the PS4 are the result of Microsoft kicking ass in all sorts of ways. Sony had to scramble to match them, and this made PS3 and now PS4 vastly better. If you are so stupid to think that PS4 would be as good without Microsoft's many innovations, high quality and intense competition from the 360, I don't know what to tell you.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lglz1337

@locopatho: i could play online for FREE on dreamcast so dont start.. ohh and teamspeak and ventrilo also for FREE on pc so dont act like MS started this shit. the only thing they started is paywalls netflix paywalls, game paywalls, PAYYFREAKINGWALLS EVERUWHERE!

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@locopatho: 100% correct.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@locopatho: i could play online for FREE on dreamcast so dont start.. ohh and teamspeak and ventrilo also for FREE on pc so dont act like MS started this shit. the only thing they started is paywalls netflix paywalls, game paywalls, PAYYFREAKINGWALLS EVERUWHERE!

We are talking about consoles, not PC. No console has ever done anything that couldn't already be done on PC.

The Dreamcast was ahead of it's time but it failed and died. That's like giving the Powerglove credit for motion controls.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol someone is mad that sony hasn't done anything new since the ps2.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Know what i did last night? No? well i'll tell you anyway.. Watched Monday Night Football with my fantasy football game snapped to the side to keep track of it. Then at halftime, played a little killer instinct with tv snapped to the side so i could know when the game was back on. All this while not having to get off the couch or even pick up the controller until i began playing KI.

Thank you Microsoft. It's the little things like that that truly make a console actually feel like a next gen piece of tech

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@YD_11 said:

Know what i did last night? No? well i'll tell you anyway.. Watched Monday Night Football with my fantasy football game snapped to the side to keep track of it. Then at halftime, played a little killer instinct with tv snapped to the side so i could know when the game was back on. All this while not having to get off the couch or even pick up the controller until i began playing KI.

Thank you Microsoft. It's the little things like that that truly make a console actually feel like a next gen piece of tech

When I get immersed in a game....I don't want distractions.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

The only reason why MS could get away with that fee was because online on Live was so much ahead the competition it felt like a premium service.

Sony managed over the years to catch up and the more they did the less sense it made to pay for Live. Sony had a chance this gen, their infrastructure now is good enough and if they kept online free it would have pushed MS to react. They didn't though so have fun with your online sub on both consoles.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lglz1337

@YD_11 said:

guys like you are the ones fucking up this industry together with MS. SHAME!

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@lglz1337

lol because I have interest in things outside of games? More features somehow equals a bad thing? You'll probably be thanking "people like me when Sony copies what features ms is implementing.

and for praising a supposedly more "gamer focused" console you are left with almost entirely arcade games which is the true irony here

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Sony didn't have to follow but they did and now you cry

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

But most of all, thank you Microsoft for being an utter failure right before the Steambox comes out so that there is that precious third position for the new guy in town.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

thanks for improving gaming by not letting sony phone it in anymore because they had no competition.

thanks for ensuring the ps4 launch lineup did not consist of lair 4 and haze 5.

thanks for forcing sony to acknowledge the internet exists.

thanks for having a library that was good while sony flopped about for 3 years last gen.

thanks for making sony executives humble.

and most of all thanks for all the great gaming i have had over the last decade.

fanboys can cry all they want but if you deny that sony is a better company now and that they are forced to stay on their toes because of ms you are just a nutcase.

and while i have plenty of problems with stupid decisions ms makes it is impossible to deny the games they have made possible have made the gaming world a better place.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Don't forget things like making you pay for the privilege of being able to watch your Netflix account which you already pay for, or being able to simply chat with a friend of yours.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Suppaman100

@JustSignedUp said:

@Suppaman100 said:

He's right.

And lol at "revolutionizing online". If you think paying 50 bucks for online is "revolutionizing" then yeah...

Well there's a BIG chance it's the last Xbox console since some shareholders want to get rid of that crap division.

you should be grateful sony had someone to copy off of. PS2 online was so shitty, no one even used it.

microsoft came out of nowhere like BOSSES and made a REAL online service for consoles for the first time. xbox live headset packages right from the start. real lag free matchmaking. millions of people were talking shit to eachother for 5 years while you ps2 fanboys were playing shenmue with your imaginary friend. only TRUE bosses could go online back then, you needed a credit card and DSL modems back in the day where dial up still existed.

and then when the PS3 launched psonline it was so shitty, they needed several updates to copy xbox live friends list, cross game chat, and reading your messages while in game. xbox live had all of that from the start. sony also copied achievements because they cant innovate for jack shit.

xbox live will always be ahead of psonline because theyre the innovators, psonline is merely a copycat who needs daddy to show him how its done

Meanwhile Xbox users were ripped off for years, for a service that was free everywhere else.

And now PS+ is just as good or even better than XboxLive.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

we really appreciate it thank you verry verry much this is how you run a business nickle and dime.GJ

Are you thanking Sony as well for doing it? Or were you happy to see them hemorrhaging money cause they were supporting a infrastructure with millions of people playing for free. MS provides a service. Don't like it, don't pay. No one is forcing you. But in this day and age nothing is free.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shawn30

@Suppaman100 said:

@JustSignedUp said:

@Suppaman100 said:

He's right.

you should be grateful sony had someone to copy off of. PS2 online was so shitty, no one even used it.

microsoft came out of nowhere like BOSSES and made a REAL online service for consoles for the first time. xbox live headset packages right from the start. real lag free matchmaking. millions of people were talking shit to eachother for 5 years while you ps2 fanboys were playing shenmue with your imaginary friend. only TRUE bosses could go online back then, you needed a credit card and DSL modems back in the day where dial up still existed.

and then when the PS3 launched psonline it was so shitty, they needed several updates to copy xbox live friends list, cross game chat, and reading your messages while in game. xbox live had all of that from the start. sony also copied achievements because they cant innovate for jack shit.

xbox live will always be ahead of psonline because theyre the innovators, psonline is merely a copycat who needs daddy to show him how its done

Meanwhile Xbox users were ripped off for years, for a service that was free everywhere else.

PSN is no longer free. Do you understand why?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Suppaman100

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@JustSignedUp said:

@Suppaman100 said:

He's right.

Money, that's why.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Yeah right.. that does it, I won't buy either systems anymore.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

Thats like getting mad at verizon for charging you minutes. i mean you purchased the phone, why should you have to pay to connect to their network?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shawn30

@Suppaman100 said:

@shawn30 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@JustSignedUp said:

@Suppaman100 said:

He's right.

Money, that's why.

Then all your arguments are invalid because you already know. Managing a online infrastructure to for millions of people is not cheap, and doing it well is even more expensive. MS charges and now so does Sony. You can't have anything for free these days.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Thats like getting mad at verizon for charging you minutes. i mean you purchased the phone, why should you have to pay to connect to their network?

No, not at all. It's like Microsoft selling you an app on your phone but then making you pay a fee to send messages to other users through it over the service that you are already paying Verizon for.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Riverwolf007

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lglz1337 said:

No, not at all. It's like Microsoft selling you an app on your phone but then making you pay a fee to send messages to other users through it over the service that you are already paying Verizon for.

you mean like that exact thing that my verizon phone does where i bought a phone and chose between different plans that covered different fees for the same combinations of data, calls and texts?

lol.

do you dudes reside in the same reality that i do?

because in mine you choose a phone and then you pay different amounts for different services.

including the ability to have texts lumped into the plan or to be charged for each one individually.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PurpleMan5000

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lglz1337 said:

you mean like that exact thing that my verizon phone does where i bought a phone and chose between different plans that covered different fees for the same combinations of data, calls and texts?

lol.

because in mine you choose a phone and then you pay different amounts for different services.

including the ability to have texts lumped into the plan or to be charged for each one individually.

Yeah. It's the same reality in which I pay Cox for my internet, and then Microsoft and now Sony try to sell me a product that charges me an annual fee if I want to use the service that I'm already paying Cox for. Your Verizon analogy is awful because Verizon is actually selling the service. Microsoft is putting services provided by other companies like ISPs and Netflix behind a paywall.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Don't forget Kinect. That sure changed the gaming landscape.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

@SinjinSmythe said:

Awe someone is butthurt that baby Sony has to follow the footsteps of the industry leader. Cheer up little cow. There are jobs out there to help you pay $50 a year. I know it is a huge bill but you'll manage.

Hey how did your launch go? I haven't heard from Foxbat, I'm thinking he may of got a defective X1. Seems like it's effecting a lot of people.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Riverwolf007

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lglz1337 said:

lol.

Yeah. It's the same reality in which I pay Cox for my internet, and then Microsoft and now Sony try to sell me a product that charges me an annual fee if I want to use the service that I'm already paying Cox for. Your Verizon analogy is awful because Verizon is actually selling the service. Microsoft is putting services provided by other companies like ISPs and Netflix behind a paywall.

you guys are funny.

you used verizon as the example then when i use it to show you they do exactly what you are complaining about it is all of a sudden my awful example.

and why is netflix the big important example of this all the time?

if i want to use netflix and not pay it is on 4 other things in my house that don't charge.

also if you want to call out netflix on xbl why not use the way more important example of netflix being shyt on xbl?

the ps3 has the exact same setup that pc does and works way better.

how is that not the important argument here?

oh i know why, because you dudes are so silly you can't see the important example and go for some silly emotional "gawd y'all!" "ms y'all!" argument instead of a logical reason to call out ms.

there is a legit gripe to be had about netflix on xbl and it gets ignored because you dudes can't be bothered to go for the actual problem and instead want to bring up silly locked behind a paywall stuff.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PurpleMan5000

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lglz1337 said:

lol.

you guys are funny.

you used verizon as the example then when i use it to show you they do exactly what you are complaining about it is all of a sudden my awful example.

if i want to use netflix and not pay it is on 4 other things in my house that don't charge.

also if you want to call out netflix on xbl why not use the way more important example of netflix being shyt on xbl?

oh i know why, because you dudes are so silly you can't see the important example and go for some silly emotional "gawd y'all!" "ms y'all!" argument instead of a logical reason to call out ms.

there is a legit gripe to be had about netflix on xbl and it gets ignored because you dudes can't be bothered to go for the actual problem and instead want to bring up silly locked behind a paywall stuff.

darkangel115 used Verizon as the example, and I was pointing out that it was awful to him. It was never my example. The legit gripe with Netflix on XBL is that I have to pay extra money to watch it on XBL that doesn't even go to Netflix. I wouldn't even know anything about the quality of the service because they lost me as a customer at the paywall to access another company's service. Same with similar services like Skype. You even have to pay to use IE, which is laughable, but at least that is a Microsoft product.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Yup, PSN is awesome with it's fake dedicated servers since Sony can't afford real physical one's like Microsoft can, with it's piss poor copy cat imitations like cross game chat that XBL had in 2006 and Party chat, terrible network infrastructure that has hackers and cheaters running rampant, poor community, poor match making which was also ripped off of XBL, and of course now the addition of monthly payments

Seriously take Sony's d*ck out of your mouth, don't worry, you can put it back in, just don't forget to wipe.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Riverwolf007

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lglz1337 said:

lol.

you guys are funny.

darkangel115 used Verizon as the example, and I was pointing out that it was awful to him. It was never my example. The legit gripe with Netflix on XBL is that I have to pay extra money to watch it on XBL that doesn't even go to Netflix. I wouldn't even know anything about the quality of the service because they lost me as a customer at the paywall to access another company's service. Same with similar services like Skype. You even have to pay to use IE, which is laughable, but at least that is a Microsoft product.

dude, it's 2013, how is netflix an example for anything?

it's on my phone which can stream to my tv, it's on my ps3, it's on my pc and it's built right into my tv.

people only bring it up because they can't think of anything better to bring up.

what this is all about is sony guys griping for ten years about paying for online and now that psn charges people had to come up with something else to cry about and this is it.

"omg! a paywall!"

it's laughable.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darkangel115

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lglz1337 said:

lol.

you guys are funny.

it's on my phone which can stream to my tv, it's on my ps3, it's on my pc and it's built right into my tv.

people only bring it up because they can't think of anything better to bring up.

what this is all about is sony guys griping for ten years about paying for online and now that psn charges people had to come up with something else to cry about and this is it.

"omg! a paywall!"

it's laughable.

This^ its laughable. People will try to find any difference, then spin it into a negative for "the other system" and harp on it over and over when in reality its pointless. all the cows come saying xbox isn't built for gamers, then complain about netflix? lol Its beyond laughable. Like its the only device capable of it? I have 3 laptops, 2 ipads, apple tv, blu ray player, sony media player all capable of playing netflix in my household. Anyone with an xbox one most likely is buying gold for the online multiplayer. If your buying an xbox one to not go online your doing it wrong. and this comes from someone who has a PS4 and X1 and more then capable gaming laptop better then both the X1 and PS4 (but i don't like pc gaming) cows complain about batteries in a controller, netflix paywall, more money blah blah. Lems complain about the PS4 crap controller, lack of innovation, poor online service blah blah. point is both do their main job which is play games. so why does everyone feel the need to trash one? get over the childish mindset. and yes that goes to cows and lems

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Suppaman100

@renegade311 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Yup, PSN is awesome with it's fake dedicated servers since Sony can't afford real physical one's like Microsoft can, with it's piss poor copy cat imitations like cross game chat that XBL had in 2006 and Party chat, terrible network infrastructure that has hackers and cheaters running rampant, poor community, poor match making which was also ripped off of XBL, and of course now the addition of monthly payments

Seriously take Sony's d*ck out of your mouth, don't worry, you can put it back in, just don't forget to wipe.

Get over it you butthurt lemming alt. PSN is good, yes mistakes happened in the past but it's been a good online service for the last couple of years.

Now go back to sucking MS's d, who wanted to push DRM, 24 hour check-ins,...

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PurpleMan5000

@darkangel115 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

"omg! a paywall!"

it's laughable.

This^ its laughable. People will try to find any difference, then spin it into a negative for "the other system" and harp on it over and over when in reality its pointless. all the cows come saying xbox isn't built for gamers, then complain about netflix? lol Its beyond laughable. Like its the only device capable of it? I have 3 laptops, 2 ipads, apple tv, blu ray player, sony media player all capable of playing netflix in my household. Anyone with an xbox one most likely is buying gold for the online multiplayer. If your buying an xbox one to not go online your doing it wrong. and this comes from someone who has a PS4 and X1 and more then capable gaming laptop better then both the X1 and PS4 (but i don't like pc gaming) cows complain about batteries in a controller, netflix paywall, more money blah blah. Lems complain about the PS4 crap controller, lack of innovation, poor online service blah blah. point is both do their main job which is play games. so why does everyone feel the need to trash one? get over the childish mindset. and yes that goes to cows and lems

It is laughable that all of those other devices play Netflix, but the Xbox One does not, at least unless you want to pay the toll to Microsoft. The PS4 is a ripoff, too, but to a slightly lesser degree than the Xbox One.

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Halosball
Member since 2013 • 103 Posts

Not only that, there is:

1. Microsoft's blatant anti-consumer history

2. The fact they enforce xbox live pay wall fees for damn near every app and feature. The xbone becomes a literal extortion box just to use its features that are advertised.

3. The fact they enforce a mandatory kinecy spycam. Microsoft is the biggest supporter of the NSA and PRISM spying programs.

If you value your privacy you MUST NOT get an xbone.

4. The fact Microsoft charges 100$ MORE for a 50% weaker xbone that puts the focus on TV and snapshot features and not on gamimg

5. The fact Microsoft has already tried to xbone away consumer rights.....

And I can keep on going on and on....

Microsoft is nothing but a CANCER to the gaming industry

If you are a gamer, there is no ifs and or buts you SHOULD WANT Microsoft and their shitbox brand to burn to the ground, and should only be supporting the PS4....other wise you arent a real gamer

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By darkangel115

@halosball said:

Not only that, there is:

1. Microsoft's blatant anti-consumer history

2. The fact they enforce xbox live pay wall fees for damn near every app and feature. The xbone becomes a literal extortion box just to use its features that are advertised.

3. The fact they enforce a mandatory kinecy spycam. Microsoft is the biggest supporter of the NSA and PRISM spying programs.

If you value your privacy you MUST NOT get an xbone.

4. The fact Microsoft charges 100$ MORE for a 50% weaker xbone that puts the focus on TV and snapshot features and not on gamimg

5. The fact Microsoft has already tried to xbone away consumer rights.....

And I can keep on going on and on....

Microsoft is nothing but a CANCER to the gaming industry

If you are a gamer, there is no ifs and or buts you SHOULD WANT Microsoft xbox to burn to thr ground and should only be supporting the PS4....other wise you arent a real gamer

They have internet at mental institutions now?

w/o MS sony would still be measuring graphics in bits, charging extra for memory cards with no hard drive and PSN wouldn't exist

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Halosball

@JustSignedUp said:

@Suppaman100 said:

He's right.

1. Online was already being done on the Dreamcast and PS2 before XBL, and on PC way before that,

Online gaming as we see it today was going to happen regardless or Microsoft. Everything was already heading down that route.

But except the only thing M$ did was take what was then a free feature - online gameplay, and then start charging $50-now 60$ a year for it while re-branding it as "XBL"

Xbox live was a scam!

Its ONLY features were party chat and online gameplay and both were being hidden behind pay wall fees.

PSN offered online gameplay for free while having more dedicated servers and smoother online play (WarHawk, Resistance etc)

But especially today, its not even a contest.

PSN on PS3 already surpassed xbox live a couple years ago....never mind how they compare today lol

And at least with PSN+ on PS4, online gameplay is just ONE of MANY features. PSN+ continues to offer much more value while being a better service....while apps and features remain free on PSN etc

Where as paid online gameplay is really the only "feature" of xbox live and most its apps and features also continue to be hidden behind the pay wall fees of xbox live.

Again xbox live is and has always been a total scam.

Thankfully there are Sony & Nintendo to keep M$ from monopolizing the industry.

2. Mcrosoft are in fact the real copy cats of the industry, and its blatant.

What makes it worse is that they try to pass it off as their ideas.

They blatantly copied Mii's with avatars.

The Kinect was a sort of copy cat of the PS2 eye toy.

AND as already mentioned before:

Online had already been done on consoles before XBL (Dreamcast and PS2)

And had already been done on PC for free long before, while including more features.

The only thing M$ did was take what was a free feature - online play, and then start charging $50($60 now) a year for it while re branding it as XBL.

M$ also added a DVD player to the Xbox only after the PS2 had success with it first.

M$ the copy cats of the industry struck again.

The xbone is trying to COPY the PS4's share features.

The xbone copies blue ray

All Microsoft does is follow in Sony's footsteps and copy Sony.

For crying out loud, the XBOX brand itself WAS A COPY CAT of the Playstation BRAND

Without the playstation, there is no xbox. Show your respects xbot.

It doesn't get any more blatant then that.

At least when Sony and Nintendo do a previous idea, that had already been done before, they don't steal credit for it like M$ does, and Sony especially will actuall perfect that old idea, improve upon it, and make it better.

M$ will just take a previous idea, steal credit for it, and then charge a fee for it

Microsoft meeds to GTFO of gaming, and with it, delusional xbot shills like you need to go and disappear

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Microsoft didn't come up with online subscriptions, or microtransactions.

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Halosball

So many delusional xbots in this thread. Its sickening.

Of course Sony and Nintendo care about profit like all big companies do,

But they also don't **** the consumer over like M$ does for any marginal profit gain.

And the fact that M$ likes to stiffle competition, and forces developers to adhere to their whacky demands or else is further alarming.

M$ is the worst of the big 3, and is the least for the consumer or for competition (out of the big three) and that is all UNDENIABLE.

The industry would've been far better off without M$, and their blind loyalist drones.

What M$ brought:

- the charging of basic online play

-introducing the cash money grab DLC craze

-the milking of Halo,Gears,Forza repeatedly (really the only exclusives they have, and they are still boring repetitive lackluster exclusives)

So i.e basically the attitude of quality isnt important and exclusives don't matter.

What little amount of Xbox exclusives there are, are the worst, most cookie cutter generic games out there (in gameplay and in story)

-And the fact M$ brought with it or either turned people into some of the most idiotic and blind fanboys ever, which have ruined the fun aspect of gaming with their fanaticism and negativity.

M$ brought more bad then good. They truly are a shady company of corporate d-bags whom are way out of touch with reality, whom delusional fanboys seem to gravitate towards.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

@Heil68: it went awesome. I haven't been posting here too much because all my free time has been going into the 5 games I bought. Couldn't be happier.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

@SinjinSmythe said:

@Heil68: it went awesome. I haven't been posting here too much because all my free time has been going into the 5 games I bought. Couldn't be happier.

Why haven't you been bringing up all the issues and YouTube videos about X1's failing like you did with the PS4? Seems strange seeing as how you are a fair and balanced poster like me.

I guess Foxbat got bit by the disc bug, hope we'll see him back soon one day.