Tekken 7 Coming to PC - PC Lead Platform

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by jhcho2 (4527 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@jhcho2 said:

Here we go again with the "PC is the leading platform" bullcrap. It was theorized during the development of Dark Souls II, and was proven wrong.

The fact is, there are many ways to misinterpret the PC as being the lead platform. Just because you're letting the PC version become a primary consideration during development, it doesn't make it the lead platform. Just because you're ensuring the engine for the other two versions (Xbox, PS) do not end up being incompatible with the PC version....does not mean the PC will be the lead platform. And finally, just because the developers are putting in more effort into the PC version, presumably because they have less experience and expertise on PC development, doesn't mean the PC will be the lead platform.

If the PC were the lead platform, the devs have to make the PC version first, then decide to downscale or port to the other platforms, like Witcher 2 and Diablo 3. If any of you know how Japanese developers work, you'll know that won't be the case. Not to mention that Namco has always prioritized the arcade version of Tekken even before any console version, much less the PC version. And if Namco intends to use the PS4 hardware in all arcade machines like they did with the PS3, you better bet that they'll make the PS4 version first.

But don't take my word for it. Just wait and see if the PC version comes out first. Quote me on this.

DS2 might not have been lead on PC, but it surely was far better than its console counter-parts.

And what are you comparing here? Performance of a game on an 8 year old hardware versus current generation PCs? It's true that there are games that manage to even screw that up like GTA4, but it's not difficult to perform better on a much more powerful hardware. You're looking at the absolute threshold and not relative performance here. Is it a bigger achievement to have a game that looks as good as The Last of Us on an 8 year old hardware, or Crysis 3 at max settings on a PC with GTX Titan SLI?
Dark Souls 2 seemingly ran better on PCs due to raw horsepower. Simple as that. And don't forget that the game needed heavy modding to look acceptable by PC standards.

#102 Edited by gameofthering (10448 posts) -

I enjoyed Tekken 3 and Tekken 5.

I'll see how this turns out.

EDIT: I still want DBZ to make it's way to Steam!

#103 Posted by AM-Gamer (5018 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus: Nothing I said was opinion it was all fact. The game will look identical and most likely run at 60fps on consoles. So any performance difference will be minimal. Enjoy playing with a pitiful amount of people and whatever bugs they Grace you with on your sloppy port.

#104 Posted by Kinthalis (5340 posts) -

Will pick up on Steam. :)

#105 Posted by Ben-Buja (2765 posts) -

I always liked Tekken a lot, good to hear that I won't have to buy a current gen console to play it

#106 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@AM-Gamer:

1. That post actually was opinion. No one cares what you think about f2p games.

2. They said PC is the lead...and now you are calling it a sloppy port? Just because PC has been getting the superior version of multiplats for the better part of two decades doesn't mean you have to lie your ass off.

3. We've been through this..PC fighting scene isn't pitiful sized...that's your troll lies.

I'm glad most games default to PC...having the most high scoring games every gen is fun.

#107 Edited by MBirdy88 (8994 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@walloftruth said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@bldgirsh said:

@mr_huggles_dog: So you are posting nonsense. Gotcha.

Hey man...if thats what you want to believe then go right ahead.

I told you where to find this stuff.....but if you're too lazy to do it yourself since I'm not a fucking butler...then thats not my fault.

YOU want to see it......YOU read where I told YOU to look.

No, that's not how it works. When you make a claim then YOU have to back it up. We don't have to search the internet to back up your nonsensical stories, either you have a valid source or else you don't have to post it because no one is going to take your word for it, especially on System Wars.

TL;DR: Source or GTFO!

Thats how it works with me darling.

Don't like it? Too fucking bad. You don't have to search the internet....as I said....it's on the first page of this forum.

I wasn't talking to anyone specific and wasn't trying to prove a point to anyone....YOU wanna know about it YOU go look on the first fucking page of this forum.

Mr Huggles meltdown confirmed....

#108 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2857 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lol i hope you guys dont actually believe pc will be the lead platform

A cow in DC mode. PC snatched another console exclusive. Consoles am cry. (Not that I care about fighters)

#109 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@mr-powers said:

Bragging about ports that come out a year later, sell less and earn less revenue on pc? You dun derped indeed. Ahahahhaha

Most of the ports come out at the same time. Most devs still make a PC version and that version usually is the best. And PC still has many of its own devs making big budget games. The end result is more big titles than any 1 console. You need to combine all 3 consoles to come close.

They might sell more on consoles for some companies, but for some reason the Devs still keep making the best version on PC...and still keep coming back. Why do you think we have the most aaa-aa games every year and gen? Keep beta testing for our larger library and better games, you can have the sales.

#110 Posted by AM-Gamer (5018 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus:

1. Just because your stupid enough to pay $120 for what should be a $60 game doesn't mean you need to get butthurt about it.

2. Superior version of multiplats? No fighting game has EVER been better on pc. The difference between the PC version and console version of fighting games has always been insignificant at best. You are just forced to deal with a much smaller community.

3. You want to deny Tekken won't have at least 10x as many people on PS4 alone?

#111 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

1. Just because your stupid enough to pay $120 for what should be a $60 game doesn't mean you need to get butthurt about it.

2. Superior version of multiplats? No fighting game has EVER been better on pc. The difference between the PC version and console version of fighting games has always been insignificant at best. You are just forced to deal with a much smaller community.

3. You want to deny Tekken won't have at least 10x as many people on PS4 alone?

1. I never payed $120...what are you on about. You don't need to spend a dime for great F2P models.

2. The community is smaller, not tiny though. It's big enough for it not to matter. You'll always have plenty of people to play with for it to be a non-factor. Best on PC factually.

3. I addresed this with #2. I never said the console community won't be bigger: this is you trolling.

Stop being so angry that PC gets the most games.

#112 Posted by AM-Gamer (5018 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus:

1. Good for you but look at the cost it would take to buy every skin in LOL or characters in other F2P games. I'm sorry but paying $10 a character is not a model I want on my console.

2. Stop being mad you would have to pay twice as much for a rig to run this game insignificantly better then the PS4 and then act like it's the best version. Especially when you will have a fraction of the players.

It's standard hyperbole you hermits love to engage in.

#113 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1618 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

1. Good for you but look at the cost it would take to buy every skin in LOL or characters in other F2P games. I'm sorry but paying $10 a character is not a model I want on my console.

2. Stop being mad you would have to pay twice as much for a rig to run this game insignificantly better then the PS4 and then act like it's the best version. Especially when you will have a fraction of the players.

It's standard hyperbole you hermits love to engage in.

1. Are you kidding me? You don't need to buy those skins at all.... A good F2P game you don't have to spend a dime. Stop trolling.

2. Better is better. Yes the difference probably won't be too noticeable on a fighting game compared to other games where it is sometimes major. But hey, its superior. Fraction of the players doesn't matter as long as you always have tons of people to play with either way. It's a non factor.

Look the game is on PC. Deal with it. Maybe PS5 will be the system to get the most games next gen, but not this time.

#114 Posted by Zelda187 (1034 posts) -

@SteXmaN said:
@Zelda187 said:

I can beat in a matter of 3 or 4 hours?

I guess COM is your only friend ? xD

I don't know anyone who is into fighting games.

Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were big back in the early-mid 90's...but that's it.

Fighting games are the most boring, repetitive, and linear games on the market.

#115 Posted by AM-Gamer (5018 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus:

1. If everyone was like you F2P wouldn't exist. The goal is to make far more money off the consumer then they would off the traditional model. Hence so many pc games use that model. They are trying to do the same bullshit with Rise of incarnates. If it's anything like most fighting games that have followed that model you are going to have to spend money unless you are intent with playing only one character.

2. Running a game at higher then 60fps on a game that doesn't need it won't make up for a better community and most likely more content you will find in the console version. It will be best on PS4.

I honestly don't care if it comes to pc. Once Namco sees how it sells they will probably be one and done like most console devs that try pc. Most of you will pirate it and once there F2P game flops they will go back exclusively to consoles.

#116 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17942 posts) -

@Zelda187

I know you think those are negatives but they really aren't.

Sports Games are linear and Repetitive,

Portal is Linear.

Racing Games are repetitive.

not everything thing can be an Open World Novel Adventure.

#117 Posted by lostrib (41811 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus:

I honestly don't care if it comes to pc. Once Namco sees how it sells they will probably be one and done like most console devs that try pc. Most of you will pirate it and once there F2P game flops they will go back exclusively to consoles.

Bandai Namco has already released a number of games on PC, so they obviously are not seeing an issue with it. Nor were they "one and done"

#118 Posted by AM-Gamer (5018 posts) -

@lostrib: They won't stop all titles I'll doubt they will keep doing fighting games if Tekken and ROI doesn't do well.

#119 Posted by lawlessx (47112 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: They won't stop all titles I'll doubt they will keep doing fighting games if Tekken and ROI doesn't do well.

And if both of those games sell on the PC they will contuine to produce fighting games for the platform. hell they even brought over naruto to the PC..something i thought i would never see happen

#120 Edited by gameofthering (10448 posts) -

@lawlessx: I was hoping that because of the Naruto games being on PC, that they would also bring DBZ over.

EDIT: It must have done well enough for them to be releasing another Naruto game on Steam.

#121 Edited by lawlessx (47112 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

@lawlessx: I was hoping that because of the Naruto games being on PC, that they would also bring DBZ over.

EDIT: It must have done well enough for them to be releasing another Naruto game on Steam.

i didn't even know the next one was heading to the PC. Glad to see it did well and hopefully that does mean Dragon ball Z games will be next.

#122 Edited by OhSnapitz (18650 posts) -

Great!

So if Tekken 7 Sux.. we can blame the PC.

#123 Edited by WallofTruth (2003 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

I enjoyed Tekken 3 and Tekken 5.

I'll see how this turns out.

EDIT: I still want DBZ to make it's way to Steam!

Oh hell yes, we need DBZ!

#124 Posted by MBirdy88 (8994 posts) -

Consoles losing even more games....

#125 Posted by lawlessx (47112 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

Great!

Cows already started saying the series went down hill when it went to the 360

#126 Posted by OhSnapitz (18650 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Great!

Oh.. ok. So THAT will be the Herms excuse.

#127 Posted by WallofTruth (2003 posts) -
@AM-Gamer said:

You mean like Mortal Kombat? Oh wait, the game did so well on PC that they've announced the next one already for PC and consoles on day 1. Hmm, maybe you mean like the Naruto game from the same publisher? Oh wait, the new Naruto game just hit Steam as well. Or maybe you mean like Street Fighter IV? Wait no, false alarm, those games keep popping up on Steam as well, hmm, no idea where you get that idea from but it seems like you're wrong, very wrong, fighters seem to do pretty well on PC or else we wouldn't keep getting them.

#128 Posted by WallofTruth (2003 posts) -
@OhSnapitz said:

@lawlessx said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Great!

Oh come on, for crying out loud, you're gonna make petitions to retain console exclusivity now? You did the same stuff when the 360 got all the PlayStation exclusive franchises like DMC, Final Fantasy etc and it didn't work.

#129 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (2507 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@walloftruth said:

No, that's not how it works. When you make a claim then YOU have to back it up. We don't have to search the internet to back up your nonsensical stories, either you have a valid source or else you don't have to post it because no one is going to take your word for it, especially on System Wars.

TL;DR: Source or GTFO!

Thats how it works with me darling.

Don't like it? Too fucking bad. You don't have to search the internet....as I said....it's on the first page of this forum.

I wasn't talking to anyone specific and wasn't trying to prove a point to anyone....YOU wanna know about it YOU go look on the first fucking page of this forum.

Mr Huggles meltdown confirmed....

How was that a meltdown?

#130 Posted by Vecna (3402 posts) -

Console manufacturers switch to pc architecture and then gimp the hardware. More and more developers switch lead platform to pc. Sounds like pure win for gamers everywhere.

#131 Edited by SamiRDuran (2709 posts) -

another nail in the console gaming coffin

#132 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6752 posts) -

yeah yeah, PC gaming master Race! Consoles are Doomed! Whatnot else, right now that we got the people with 2 braincells or less to air thier viewpoints, lets try something else?

There might be a fairly good set of reasons to pick the PC as lead for Tekken 7 (if that is true, no one knows yet, and I doubt that it would be widely special even if it is).

At worst the PC has a community that rivals any one console, at its best the pc dwarves combined console users, so there is some merit to put out tekken 7 as a PC Lead, if nothing else then for a test to see how many WHO buys it, not to mention you can allow for tweaks and alterations after launch to finetune (although I hope that is not the case).

A nother possible reason which might be more plausible, is that Tekken simply have'nt been as popular or as good as other fighting game series for a good while. Claiming that they are PC lead, might get a plausible number of people to have emediete goodwill towards it, where most other games of the genre is often Associated with consoles, Tekken might strike oil and be "the pc fighter". A gamble, which might Work, if they really put energy into it, but I doubt it would Work, as I said the problem with Tekken never were what platform it was on, but rather how the quality of the series vained.

Besides, PC always had street fighter, Mortal Combat, virtual fighter and heaps more of fighting games on the platform, only a few ever got popular.

#133 Posted by sirk1264 (5627 posts) -

Looks like the wii u is the system to have if you already game on the PC for original games that can't be found on PC. I prefer to game on consoles but this is good news for PC owners getting a quality fighting franchise on their system.

#134 Edited by Couth_ (10289 posts) -

@jhcho2 said:

Here we go again with the "PC is the leading platform" bullcrap. It was theorized during the development of Dark Souls II, and was proven wrong.

You are a moron. PC is always the lead platform for Tekken - it's called arcade machines. The same applies for Street Fighter and pretty much every fighter. You think there will be PS4's inside each arcade machine? It's PC hardware and the arcade always comes out first. The consoles get ports

Japan is just barely waking up to the fact that people game on PC's. It's a no brainier for it to be the lead platform

#135 Posted by OhSnapitz (18650 posts) -

@walloftruth said:
@OhSnapitz said:

@lawlessx said:

@OhSnapitz said:

Great!

Oh come on, for crying out loud, you're gonna make petitions to retain console exclusivity now? You did the same stuff when the 360 got all the PlayStation exclusive franchises like DMC, Final Fantasy etc and it didn't work.

What the... Petitions? lol Me? lol

Bro I think you're confusing me with someone else. I honestly don't give a damn about which game goes to which platform UNLESS gamers get screwed in the process. I have a PS4 and a Gaming rig so It doesn't bother me either way..

#136 Edited by glez13 (9004 posts) -

@jhcho2 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@jhcho2 said:

The fact is, there are many ways to misinterpret the PC as being the lead platform. Just because you're letting the PC version become a primary consideration during development, it doesn't make it the lead platform. Just because you're ensuring the engine for the other two versions (Xbox, PS) do not end up being incompatible with the PC version....does not mean the PC will be the lead platform. And finally, just because the developers are putting in more effort into the PC version, presumably because they have less experience and expertise on PC development, doesn't mean the PC will be the lead platform.

If the PC were the lead platform, the devs have to make the PC version first, then decide to downscale or port to the other platforms, like Witcher 2 and Diablo 3. If any of you know how Japanese developers work, you'll know that won't be the case. Not to mention that Namco has always prioritized the arcade version of Tekken even before any console version, much less the PC version. And if Namco intends to use the PS4 hardware in all arcade machines like they did with the PS3, you better bet that they'll make the PS4 version first.

But don't take my word for it. Just wait and see if the PC version comes out first. Quote me on this.

DS2 might not have been lead on PC, but it surely was far better than its console counter-parts.

And what are you comparing here? Performance of a game on an 8 year old hardware versus current generation PCs? It's true that there are games that manage to even screw that up like GTA4, but it's not difficult to perform better on a much more powerful hardware. You're looking at the absolute threshold and not relative performance here. Is it a bigger achievement to have a game that looks as good as The Last of Us on an 8 year old hardware, or Crysis 3 at max settings on a PC with GTX Titan SLI?

Dark Souls 2 seemingly ran better on PCs due to raw horsepower. Simple as that. And don't forget that the game needed heavy modding to look acceptable by PC standards.

No. Dark Souls 2 runs better than Dark Souls on the same hardware. On my 8800gts the original barely runs at the default console settings, around 20-30fps depending of the area. Dark Souls 2 runs at a perfect 60fps at console settings.

#137 Posted by Puckhog04 (22692 posts) -

Good luck finding anyone to play with online.

#138 Posted by WallofTruth (2003 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

@walloftruth said:
@OhSnapitz said:

@lawlessx said:

What the... Petitions? lol Me? lol

Bro I think you're confusing me with someone else. I honestly don't give a damn about which game goes to which platform UNLESS gamers get screwed in the process. I have a PS4 and a Gaming rig so It doesn't bother me either way..

No, I was more talking about cows in general. I remember the Final Fantasy and DMC petitions back then, funny stuff.

#139 Posted by AzatiS (7968 posts) -

Thats great news for PC gamers.

Along with the release of MK X and ULTRA SF4 , PC gaming has nothing to be jealous of consoles anymore on another genre , fighting genre that is.

Definitly im buying it . I cant wait to see what community and modders will come up with ( outfits etc )

#140 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17942 posts) -

@AzatiS

PC Still needs alot more Local Multiplayer Games. And I don't mean LAN.

#141 Edited by AzatiS (7968 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

PC Still needs alot more Local Multiplayer Games. And I don't mean LAN.

Why , it already got the whole N64/GC and Wii library. What else to ask for Local ? And in the end of the day who cares that much about locals .. Personally i dont know many PC gamers caring about such things. Split screen gaming or ... pff..

#142 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17942 posts) -

@AzatiS

Oh Geeze I don't know.. Native support maybe.

"....i dont know many PC gamers caring about such things."

All the more reason it should come to PC.

#143 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

lolz fighter on pc

#144 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17942 posts) -

@AmazonAngry

lolz Fighter on Console

#145 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AmazonAngry

lolz Fighter on Console

http://gamesided.com/2013/09/16/evo-2014-will-see-switch-xbox-360-console-play/

#146 Posted by WallofTruth (2003 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AmazonAngry

lolz Fighter on Console

http://gamesided.com/2013/09/16/evo-2014-will-see-switch-xbox-360-console-play/

lolz Fighter on Console

#147 Posted by AzatiS (7968 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

If noone cares ... why to come , you dont make sense...

#148 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (17942 posts) -

@AzatiS

Microsoft didn't wait for people to care when they made the Xbox...

Build it and they will come.... Makes perfect fucking sense to me. :)

#149 Posted by AzatiS (7968 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

Microsoft didn't wait for people to care when they made the Xbox...

Build it and they will come.... Makes perfect fucking sense to me. :)

#150 Posted by True_Gamer_ (6377 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@AzatiS

If noone cares ... why to come , you dont make sense...

Lets see how this FIRST tekken on PC fares and we judge...