Tekken 7 Coming to PC - PC Lead Platform

• 154 results
#51 Posted by BldgIrsh (1788 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

somehow i just feel like im going to see some really stupid mods for the game

And good mods as well... welcome to the modding community where anything is literally possible.

#52 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@mr_huggles_dog: So you are posting nonsense. Gotcha.

Hey man...if thats what you want to believe then go right ahead.

I told you where to find this stuff.....but if you're too lazy to do it yourself since I'm not a fucking butler...then thats not my fault.

YOU want to see it......YOU read where I told YOU to look.

No, that's not how it works. When you make a claim then YOU have to back it up. We don't have to search the internet to back up your nonsensical stories, either you have a valid source or else you don't have to post it because no one is going to take your word for it, especially on System Wars.

TL;DR: Source or GTFO!

#53 Posted by Yrkoon99 (439 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu:

No choice is no choice. Nintendo is at least as bad.

But thats a whole other conversation.

what conversation is that? i have fun playing games on my wii, eg mario bros and mario kart, or xenoblade how are they as bad? enlighten me?

#54 Posted by Mr-Powers (247 posts) -

lol,even fighing games from japanese developers are not only coming on the PC but being the lead platform.

Unsurprising,most devs are opening their eyes and realising where the money is.

Where the money is? Guess which version is going to sell the least, and have the least revenue? lol indeed.

Most talented devs are trying to grow large enough to eventually make big blockbuster games for consoles, because that's where the money is. That's why Rockstar isn't releasing the PC version of GTA5 until they finished 4 separate console versions. They know where the money is.

#55 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

lol,even fighing games from japanese developers are not only coming on the PC but being the lead platform.

Most talented devs are trying to grow large enough to eventually make big blockbuster games for consoles, because that's where the money is.

Which is why most of those games still end up on PC, and better on PC..which still has plenty of big exclusive games.. Derp.

#56 Posted by wolverine4262 (19083 posts) -

@Yrkoon99:

Its not my fault you didnt understand what I was talking about. Thats not what this thread is about. I dont wanna derail it.

#57 Posted by lundy86_4 (43047 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lol i hope you guys dont actually believe pc will be the lead platform

I hope you can prove it won't. As it stands, the ball is in the Hermits court.

#58 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10566 posts) -

Lets hope Team Ninja follows with a PC version of Dead Or Alive !

Best fighting game ever !

#60 Posted by SteXmaN (390 posts) -

Domination continues .

#61 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (794 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@bldgirsh said:

@mr_huggles_dog: Did you know the 9/11 is a conspiracy? I am not gonna post on why its true, you research it. But I'm telling ya its all a conspiracy man.

Thats cool.

I don't give a shit, though.

You've cared enough to reply. That's all that matters.

B/c I'm bored and inbetween playing games.....doesn't mean I give a shit.

You seem to be stuck in 2005...where the whole "DUR, you replied so that means you care!!!!" response had some validity. I figured we'd all come a ways and we've all realized that by now....that sometimes when you reply with short comments you don't care.

But alas.....not everyone can evolve. So....yes little snowflake.....I care so much that I'm going to reply with this message and cry in a corner now.

I hope your dreams come true of winning this argument has come true.

#62 Posted by SteXmaN (390 posts) -
@Zelda187 said:

I can beat in a matter of 3 or 4 hours?

I guess COM is your only friend ? xD

#63 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10566 posts) -

@SteXmaN

Atleast COM plays with honour.... Those jerks at a fighting game tournaments play for blood, no shame whats so ever.

#64 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lol i hope you guys dont actually believe pc will be the lead platform

I hope you can prove it won't. As it stands, the ball is in the Hermits court.

He doesn't really know how to debate, he's a simple minded folk.

#65 Posted by silversix_ (14123 posts) -
#66 Edited by lawlessx (46576 posts) -

If true this is a big breakthrough for PC gaming. hopefully the dead or alive series will follow.

#67 Edited by AM-Gamer (3676 posts) -

Lmao enjoy that community on PC. Will be by far best on PS4.

#68 Posted by AM-Gamer (3676 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus: If you think a game like Tekken 7 will be better on PC you are a fool. Extra AA and 120fps isn't going to make up for the fact that the best community(for Tekken) is always on PlayStation. Minimal visual difference simply won't make up for the pitiful amount of people you will have to play with.

#69 Edited by MrYaotubo (2652 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus: If you think a game like Tekken 7 will be better on PC you are a fool. Extra AA and 120fps isn't going to make up for the fact that the best community(for Tekken) is always on PlayStation. Minimal visual difference simply won't make up for the pitiful amount of people you will have to play with.

The best community for FPS´s is also on the PC but I don´t see anyone complaining about that on consoles.

Besides,I have SSF4 on steam and a bunch of people play it,you always find games and there´s amazing players there skill wise. Same story for Skullgirls. Same will be true for Tekken.

Besides,I mostly just play them with my friends so even if that wasn´t the case it wouldn´t be an issue either way.

#70 Posted by ermacness (7022 posts) -

1. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't most (not all) ports sell better on console?

2. In a highly likely scenario, fighters will sell better on console anyways.

#71 Edited by melonfarmerz (1132 posts) -

@Gue1

Where you at? Aren't you the one rambling on about how PC will never surpass consoles because of console fighter exclusives?

Also, look at all these consolites. First it's "PC has no fighters, so console is better". As soon as we get Tekken, it becomes, I bet the community and sales will suck. What's your next anti PC excuse going to be?

#72 Posted by heguain (591 posts) -

Dafuq? TEKKEN on PC? for REAL? and Tekken 7? Lead Platform?

:D

Looks like I need new glasses....

#73 Edited by MrYaotubo (2652 posts) -

@ermacness said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Ports of console games/console style games usually sell better on consoles with a few exceptions,ports of PC games to consoles usually sell better on the PC with some exceptions,one of the differences is that a sale on the PC gets the dev/publisher much more revenue(around 70% if you´re on steam with valve taking 30%,100& for EA games through origin and so forth,while they only get 30% or less from a console game sale),so in several cases even if a console version of a game sold 2M copies and the PC version only sold 1M,the PC version would still make more money for the dev/publisher than the cobnsole version,so in many cases even if the console version sells more it´s the PC version that brings more overall revenue,and that´s what really matter to them,not copies sold,wich is one of the reasons why having your games on the PC is extremely appealing and why every day so many more previously console onçy devs are putting their games on the PC,because like I said they know where the money is.

I have no doubt that Tekken(as with most games in the genre)will sell better on at least one console but that´s the reality of fighting games on the PC,very few people give a shit about that genre but the ones that do are still more than enough to make profit for Namco.

#74 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10566 posts) -

@lawlessx

Yes ! Oh Yes Please ! ! ! :)

#75 Posted by lawlessx (46576 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4 on the PC would like a word with you.

#76 Edited by MrYaotubo (2652 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@AM-Gamer said:

street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4 on the PC would like a word with you.

And Skullgirls,I´ve played that a bunch and last week got in again and there´s tons of people playing and really skilled as well,no shortage of competition there. In fact,according to the statistics from Lab Zero Games,it´s usually the most active version of the game.
The community is growing on the PC,I mean,there´s a freaking reason why Namco is making a PC exclusive fighting game,Rise of Incarnates.

#78 Edited by PapaTrop (577 posts) -

Not surprising.

Many Japanese devs are catching onto the success PC can bring, and there have been many fighting games released on PC in recent years. I assume most, if not all, future fighting game releases will also be on PC.

#79 Posted by lawlessx (46576 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@AM-Gamer said:

And Skullgirls,I´ve played that a bunch and last week got in again and there´s tons of people playing and really skilled as well,no shortage of competition there. In fact,according to the statistics from Lab Zero Games,it´s usually the most active version of the game.

The community is growing on the PC,I mean,there´s a freaking reason why Namco is making a PC exclusive fighting game,Rise of Incarnates.

beta starts today on steam. can't wait to try it out.

#80 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@AM-Gamer really never has a clue on what hes talking about.

#81 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (794 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@bldgirsh said:

@mr_huggles_dog: So you are posting nonsense. Gotcha.

I told you where to find this stuff.....but if you're too lazy to do it yourself since I'm not a fucking butler...then thats not my fault.

No, that's not how it works. When you make a claim then YOU have to back it up. We don't have to search the internet to back up your nonsensical stories, either you have a valid source or else you don't have to post it because no one is going to take your word for it, especially on System Wars.

Thats how it works with me darling.

Don't like it? Too fucking bad. You don't have to search the internet....as I said....it's on the first page of this forum.

I wasn't talking to anyone specific and wasn't trying to prove a point to anyone....YOU wanna know about it YOU go look on the first fucking page of this forum.

#82 Posted by AM-Gamer (3676 posts) -

@lawlessx: if you think its anywhere near the PS3 version or even the Xbox you are delusional.

#83 Posted by PapaTrop (577 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

When did all the digital stores on PC start releasing their sales numbers?

#84 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2686 posts) -

#85 Posted by AM-Gamer (3676 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus: Yet your trying to argue the PC has a better community for fighting games which is fucking hilarious.

#86 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2686 posts) -
@papatrop said:

Not surprising.

Many Japanese devs are catching onto the success PC can bring, and there have been many fighting games released on PC in recent years. I assume most, if not all, future fighting game releases will also be on PC.

It is stupid to ignore PC in this era . Only Rockstar is still living in 2005 .

#87 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus: Yet your trying to argue the PC has a better community for fighting games which is fucking hilarious.

I never said it has a better community. It just doesn't have a "pitiful community" as you were proven wrong by the 2 other posters.

Keep trolling though, I'm sure that'll somehow get you superior multiplats like PC always gets.

#88 Edited by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Don't like it? Too fucking bad. You don't have to search the internet....as I said....it's on the first page of this forum.

I wasn't talking to anyone specific and wasn't trying to prove a point to anyone....YOU wanna know about it YOU go look on the first fucking page of this forum.

First off, I'm not your darling, I have no problems with homosexuals but I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your homosexual tendencies to yourself when addressing me, thank you.

And secondly, well that's okay I guess but if you don't wanna prove what you're saying then it's simply hard to believe, now it's on you if you want people to believe you, so that's alone your choice of course and I respect that, just don't believe that anyone here will take your word for it.

#89 Posted by AM-Gamer (3676 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus: How did they prove me wrong? You will have 10x the people to play with on tekken on consoles and the games will look virtually identical. You guys use rise of incarnates as an example for how well fighting games are doing on pc? The only reason it's on pc is because it's F2P and pc gamers are the only ones stupid enough to make that business model successful.

Wanna see how F2P works with Namco? Look at the last SC it was a complete flop because consoles gamers were not stupid enough to buy into that scam. Now there going to fleece the pc gaming community because you are the only ones gullible enough to think F2P is a good deal.

#90 Edited by jhcho2 (4380 posts) -

Here we go again with the "PC is the leading platform" bullcrap. It was theorized during the development of Dark Souls II, and was proven wrong.

The fact is, there are many ways to misinterpret the PC as being the lead platform. Just because you're letting the PC version become a primary consideration during development, it doesn't make it the lead platform. Just because you're ensuring the engine for the other two versions (Xbox, PS) do not end up being incompatible with the PC version....does not mean the PC will be the lead platform. And finally, just because the developers are putting in more effort into the PC version, presumably because they have less experience and expertise on PC development, doesn't mean the PC will be the lead platform.

If the PC were the lead platform, the devs have to make the PC version first, then decide to downscale or port to the other platforms, like Witcher 2 and Diablo 3. If any of you know how Japanese developers work, you'll know that won't be the case. Not to mention that Namco has always prioritized the arcade version of Tekken even before any console version, much less the PC version. And if Namco intends to use the PS4 hardware in all arcade machines like they did with the PS3, you better bet that they'll make the PS4 version first.

But don't take my word for it. Just wait and see if the PC version comes out first. Quote me on this.

#91 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (794 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

First off, I'm not your darling, I have no problems with homosexuals but I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your homosexual tendencies to yourself when addressing me, thank you.

And secondly, well that's okay I guess but if you don't wanna prove what you're saying then it's simply hard to believe, now it's on you if you want people to believe you, so that's alone your choice of course and I respect that, just don't believe that anyone here will take your word for it.

I took a guess that you were a female due to your avatar.

AGAIN....I'M NOT TRYING TO PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE. I WASN'T SPEAKING TO ANYONE SPECIFIC.

If you or the other guy really want to dive into this and see for YOURSELVES....then as I said....go to any of the numerous threads on this first page....maybe second by now....and you can find many post saying it.

I made a statement not directed to anyone.....one that I found to be true since I've been here on SW. i'm not going through each one of the threads looking for examples....if ANYONE....YOU AND THE OTHER GUY....want to see it....then go find out for yourself.

#92 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus: How did they prove me wrong? You will have 10x the people to play with on tekken on consoles and the games will look virtually identical. You guys use rise of incarnates as an example for how well fighting games are doing on pc? The only reason it's on pc is because it's F2P and pc gamers are the only ones stupid enough to make that business model successful.

Wanna see how F2P works with Namco? Look at the last SC it was a complete flop because consoles gamers were not stupid enough to buy into that scam. Now there going to fleece the pc gaming community because you are the only ones gullible enough to think F2P is a good deal.

No one cares about your opinion. Stop giving it to me like I care what you like or dislike. PC has a fine fighting community and the game will run/look much better like other multiplats.

Calm down. Best on PC.

#93 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@jhcho2 said:

Here we go again with the "PC is the leading platform" bullcrap. It was theorized during the development of Dark Souls II, and was proven wrong.

The fact is, there are many ways to misinterpret the PC as being the lead platform. Just because you're letting the PC version become a primary consideration during development, it doesn't make it the lead platform. Just because you're ensuring the engine for the other two versions (Xbox, PS) do not end up being incompatible with the PC version....does not mean the PC will be the lead platform. And finally, just because the developers are putting in more effort into the PC version, presumably because they have less experience and expertise on PC development, doesn't mean the PC will be the lead platform.

If the PC were the lead platform, the devs have to make the PC version first, then decide to downscale or port to the other platforms, like Witcher 2 and Diablo 3. If any of you know how Japanese developers work, you'll know that won't be the case. Not to mention that Namco has always prioritized the arcade version of Tekken even before any console version, much less the PC version. And if Namco intends to use the PS4 hardware in all arcade machines like they did with the PS3, you better bet that they'll make the PS4 version first.

But don't take my word for it. Just wait and see if the PC version comes out first. Quote me on this.

DS2 might not have been lead on PC, but it surely was far better than its console counter-parts.

#94 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I took a guess that you were a female due to your avatar.

AGAIN....I'M NOT TRYING TO PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE. I WASN'T SPEAKING TO ANYONE SPECIFIC.

If you or the other guy really want to dive into this and see for YOURSELVES....then as I said....go to any of the numerous threads on this first page....maybe second by now....and you can find many post saying it.

I made a statement not directed to anyone.....one that I found to be true since I've been here on SW. i'm not going through each one of the threads looking for examples....if ANYONE....YOU AND THE OTHER GUY....want to see it....then go find out for yourself.

No I'm not female and alright, if you don't want to prove a point then that's alright by me and I'll respect that.

#95 Posted by darkspineslayer (19564 posts) -

Gen 8 consoles were the best thing to ever happen to PC gaming. Now they get shit like Tekken because why the fuck not?

#96 Edited by Mr-Powers (247 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr-powers said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Most talented devs are trying to grow large enough to eventually make big blockbuster games for consoles, because that's where the money is.

Which is why most of those games still end up on PC, and better on PC..which still has plenty of big exclusive games.. Derp.

Bragging about ports that come out a year later, sell less and earn less revenue on pc? You dun derped indeed. Ahahahhaha

Oh yeah, and you edited out the rest of my post because it hurts so much. I'll fix it.

@mr-powers said:

Where the money is? Guess which version is going to sell the least, and have the least revenue? lol indeed.

Most talented devs are trying to grow large enough to eventually make big blockbuster games for consoles, because that's where the money is. That's why Rockstar isn't releasing the PC version of GTA5 until they finished 4 separate console versions. They know where the money is.

#97 Posted by Gue1 (9570 posts) -

is there a point in leading on PC? Is not like they can make a game that would be unplayable on consoles anyway.

#98 Posted by AzatiS (7348 posts) -

Finally !!! Now ill buy it !!

#99 Edited by lunar1122 (665 posts) -

I wonder if they can do cross platform matchmaking? So it doesn't matter what platform you have, Its all hooking up to the same multiplayer pool..

#100 Posted by getyeryayasout (7217 posts) -

It's going to be interesting to see previously console-centric developers begin to court PC gaming, since it's become the dominant gaming platform.

It's going to be equally entertaining seeing PC gamers' reaction to those devs, be it good or bad.